Oklahoma State University (OSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Late to the party: nontraditional. Dietitian. Oklahoma State. Checotah, Broken Arrow, and Stillwater. Semi-retired strength athlete. Looking forward to seeing you all in June.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am pretty excited to be in that Tandy building, especially since we will be the first class to have ALL of our lectures in that building. I love breaking in new things.

I am pretty excited to be in that Tandy building, especially since we will be the first class to have ALL of our lectures in that building. I love breaking in new things.
Yeah we are fortunate. Has a lounge and everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want an interview here so bad!!!!
It's a great school with amazing staff. Dr. Hess is a wonderful professor. I have had him for many of my graduate courses and if he still holds his position I do believe he is the chair of Family Medicine (MAYBE). The environment is something special, that is for sure.

just got waitlisted :/

Last edited:
Whats up yalllll.... still no C/O 2021 FB page??? Any other communications? Thanks!

How long after the acceptance call can you expect to receive confirmation email with deposit details?

How long after the acceptance call can you expect to receive confirmation email with deposit details?
Check the secondary portal. All information is contained there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else receive the invite for the Facebook group? I received it earlier today, but when I click on the link it says that it expired.

Did anyone else receive the invite for the Facebook group? I received it earlier today, but when I click on the link it says that it expired.
I have yet to hear anything... If someone is able to get on there please let me know.

Facebook is fully up and funcational!

You should have received in email invite, at least that's what I think. I received one, but it still says it either expired or that I am not part of the group???
You have to use the email the link was sent to inorder to join the group. So, I had to create a Facebook account with a different email to join (I didn't have a Facebook in the first place, so it was an ordeal).

You have to use the email the link was sent to inorder to join the group. So, I had to create a Facebook account with a different email to join (I didn't have a Facebook in the first place, so it was an ordeal).
Who do you ask to send you the link?

Reactions: 1 user

The email I use is the same email my Facebook is linked to and I haven't received an email.

Got my call last Thursday! Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted. Can't wait to meet you and start the next step of our journey in Tandy.

Reactions: 3 users
So yes or no to the FB page? Haha I haven't received anything, but the people that have, is it working?

Reactions: 2 users
So yes or no to the FB page? Haha I haven't received anything, but the people that have, is it working?

Haven't gotten an invitation to the FB page. I'm willing to message someone my email who is already signed-in to get on.

Hey all! Been awhile since I've posted but I just had my interview here last Friday and I think it went super well (hopefully)! Anyway I'm real anxious to hear word back, does anyone know if the admissions board will meet over Spring Break this week?

I did not receive the FB invitation. Would be willing to share my email for the link! PM me, por favor!

Looked at like 10+ apartments around Tulsa...now I need a roommate... wish the FB page was up! Message me if you're female, needing a roommate, and love a clean home. Lol

Looked at like 10+ apartments around Tulsa...now I need a roommate... wish the FB page was up! Message me if you're female, needing a roommate, and love a clean home. Lol
The facebook page is up. You should email admissions for the invite.

The facebook page is up. You should email admissions for the invite.
Is it possible to look the Facebook group up and request an invite? I'm sure admissions is pretty flooded with e mails as it is.

Is it possible to look the Facebook group up and request an invite? I'm sure admissions is pretty flooded with e mails as it is.

I don't think so, it's a private group so you won't be allowed to view it. I'd email admissions, just as Marrowist suggested.

OSU states that approximately half of the incoming class comes from waitlist. Does this mean that they wait for people to withdraw their acceptance or the fact that they leave a few spots for waitlist to evaluate again after interview cycle? I spoke with admission office multiple times and I felt like I'm getting two different answers.

Last edited:
OSU states that approximately half of the incoming class comes from waitlist. Does this mean that they wait for people to withdraw their acceptance or the fact that they leave a few spots for waitlist to evaluate again after interview cycle? I spoke with admission office multiple times and I felt like I'm getting two different answers.
The latter.

Interviewed on 3/10 and the wait on word is killing me :hungover:

Both! They leave a very few amount of spots - every person that interviews has a spot available for them and they don't fill every single spot by the last interview date. Then a lot of movement happens over the summer as people withdraw their acceptance. In our class we had a few people accepted AFTER orientation week. So hold out hope if you are on the waitlist :)

Anyone know how many people we can invite to the white coat ceremony?

I don't think there was a limit last year. Not sure where they'll be holding it this year but it'll probably be the same.

I asked for the time of the white coat ceremony and admissions told me it was 9 AM last year. Anyone have a better idea?

I asked for the time of the white coat ceremony and admissions told me it was 9 AM last year. Anyone have a better idea?
They scheduled it like 3 weeks in advance last year. I'd expect something similar this year

Hey incoming MS1 here. If you have any questions about the application process for OSU go ahead and ask. I had some students do the same for me last year and it was really helpful.

Just enjoy your summer! Medical school will wait and you will do just fine if you don't study. Gunners are going to gun. Let them do that and get burned out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just enjoy your summer! Medical school will wait and you will do just fine if you don't study. Gunners are going to gun. Let them do that and get burned out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

huh

Last year there was no limit and it was held at TCC (Tulsa Community College) - I will say, if you plan to bring a whole crew of people make sure they get there EARLY! People showed up super early and held tons of spots for family members so if your family arrived at a reasonable time they were pushed up to the balcony. Also YOU won't be able to hold spots for your family because you'll be getting lined up to walk, so plan accordingly!

Side note, does it feel like it's getting real? It's still very early but I'm excited FOR you guys! :) can't wait to meet you at the next admitted students day and next fall! Feel free to reach out with a message if you have any questions!

This thread is for applicants or curious applicants. What is your question exactly?

Is this thread intended for students of this class year? Or just a general discussion of the school?
I'm an interested student but had a couple questions regarding the volume of OMM taught.

Not much. We have lab once a week (2hrs) and lecture once a week (50min). Lab and lecture exams are very easy, and require less than a day or two of studying in order to get an A. This is one of my favorite things about this school because I can't imagine how stressful other classes would be if we had 2 labs/lectures a week like KCOM and other schools.