RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Things people probably don't understand
- There is no antemortem test for rabies
- The only way to suspect it is based on clinical signs and history of exposure
- There is no treatment for rabies once clinical signs begin
- There are legal requirements to follow rabies protocols

Everybody is like "her symptoms could have been due to x, y, z!" and yeah, they could have, and that sucks, but there's no way to know. You don't just wait and watch on a dog that has bitten someone and is showing neurologic signs...how many staff members should risk exposure on that chance? It's absurd.
Even veterinarians understand the notion that human life is, at the end of the day, most important. Yet apparently that means they’re heartless.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users

Everybody is like "her symptoms could have been due to x, y, z!" and yeah, they could have, and that sucks, but there's no way to know. You don't just wait and watch on a dog that has bitten someone and is showing neurologic signs...how many staff members should risk exposure on that chance? It's absurd.
The worst part of this is it’s the freaking rescue that threw the clinic under the bus and was telling people to call them and AC and tell them not to euthanize her.

Reactions: 1 user
The worst part of this is it’s the freaking rescue that threw the clinic under the bus and was telling people to call them and AC and tell them not to euthanize her.
Law: This dog bit a person and is showing symptoms of rabies. You need to euthanize.

Vets: This dog bit a person and is showing symptoms of rabies. You need to euthanize.

People who like dogs: don’t euthanize! She’s just an innocent dog!

Practice responsible for dog: You got it! Thanks for showing us the error of our ways!

Members don't see this ad :)
Law: This dog bit a person and is showing symptoms of rabies. You need to euthanize.

Vets: This dog bit a person and is showing symptoms of rabies. You need to euthanize.

People who like dogs: don’t euthanize! She’s just an innocent dog!

Practice responsible for dog: You got it! Thanks for showing us the error of our ways!
Really though, did the rescue think that would actually work? Have they never bothered to look at the rabies laws in their own state?

I really hope that tech is okay. But 100% if that dog comes back positive, the rescue and the mob they’ve created are going to pretend they never did any of this.

THIS. Before vet school when I was working as a tech I talked to a woman on the phone whose daughter was bit by a bat. The bat was not available for testing cause it vamoosed after biting her. The woman didn't want her daughter to have to go through all the vaccines so she was like "why can't we just test for rabies" I was like well we have to have the bat to do that and she was like "no, test my daughter for rabies" **FACEPALM**

I'm just honestly disgusted by it all. Like 24 hours prior to the dog dying the rescue was posting how she was there receiving "top notch round the clock care" and now apparently the vet is trash... oh... ok.

It hurts my heart cause I think rescue is so important and I used to work in rescue but good lord do you get some of the absolute nuttiest, most narcissistic humans in that world.

I'm just honestly disgusted by it all. Like 24 hours prior to the dog dying the rescue was posting how she was there receiving "top notch round the clock care" and now apparently the vet is trash... oh... ok.

It hurts my heart cause I think rescue is so important and I used to work in rescue but good lord do you get some of the absolute nuttiest, most narcissistic humans in that world.
Let me tell you about rescues. They’re great until they can capitalize on anything. Because they usually don’t have a lot of money, they try to figure out how they can get financial support and can do it in sleazy ways. The operator of a rescue we work with tried to blame me for stepping on a cat because during an exam I said that a different cat was underfoot in order to get us to do x-rays for a cat. Joke’s on her though, I used that as an example of a time when I was misquoted or misunderstood for my Penn interview.

Let me tell you about rescues. They’re great until they can capitalize on anything. Because they usually don’t have a lot of money, they try to figure out how they can get financial support and can do it in sleazy ways. The operator of a rescue we work with tried to blame me for stepping on a cat because during an exam I said that a different cat was underfoot in order to get us to do x-rays for a cat. Joke’s on her though, I used that as an example of a time when I was misquoted or misunderstood for my Penn interview.
This is a gross generalization of rescues as a whole. Yes, there are some pretty terrible people in rescues looking to exploit a situation—but you find that anywhere. Rescues are not out to capitalize.

The rescue in question with this dog also isn’t hurting for money from what I can tell (I googled to see if it was a smaller rescue, where my personal experience is with the more ridiculous people, and it’s not). I think their actions are come from a place of ignorance and are very emotionally driven. Their actions are disgusting and unacceptable, but I don’t think they’re trying to capitalize on a situation. They probably really don’t understand that they’re in the wrong here, and the mob mentality they’ve created is just fueling their behavior.

This is a gross generalization of rescues as a whole. Yes, there are some pretty terrible people in rescues looking to exploit a situation—but you find that anywhere. Rescues are not out to capitalize.

The rescue in question with this dog also isn’t hurting for money from what I can tell (I googled to see if it was a smaller rescue, where my personal experience is with the more ridiculous people, and it’s not). I think their actions are come from a place of ignorance and are very emotionally driven. Their actions are disgusting and unacceptable, but I don’t think they’re trying to capitalize on a situation. They probably really don’t understand that they’re in the wrong here, and the mob mentality they’ve created is just fueling their behavior.
I should’ve qualified what I said. Most rescues are fine a majority of the time and really are doing a good thing. Even the rescues that do what this rescue did are still trying to do a good thing. However, there are often people in rescues that do things to cut corners, save money, and really piss off veterinarians and staff. Things like pooling blood for FeLV/FIV tests are pretty common. Even despite telling rescuers that this isn’t good medical practice, they still say it’s a risk they’re willing to take.

Again, most rescues are completely fine. But you can find a lot of kooky people within them that act in ways that are unacceptable

I mostly agree with this but someone who I believe works at this hospital posted on another group I am in that that particular rescue has made a statement like "you have to keep this dog alive no matter what because its bringing in so many donations"... I have no clue if that was with regards to this or another dog but I do think this is something some of the sketchy rescues do. It is definitely something one of the local rescues near me does (the owner/founder of THAT rescue also breeds rescued frenchies but that's a whole other issue). But I agree for the most part this scenario seems mostly driven on emotion and misunderstanding and a refusal to TRY to understand.

I mostly agree with this but someone who I believe works at this hospital posted on another group I am in that that particular rescue has made a statement like "you have to keep this dog alive no matter what because its bringing in so many donations"... I have no clue if that was with regards to this or another dog but I do think this is something some of the sketchy rescues do. It is definitely something one of the local rescues near me does (the owner/founder of THAT rescue also breeds rescued frenchies but that's a whole other issue). But I agree for the most part this scenario seems mostly driven on emotion and misunderstanding and a refusal to TRY to understand.
If that’s true, then it’s still the person in charge that’s terrible and looking to exploit, not everyone involved in the rescue or rescues as a whole.

And yes, I agree they are not willing to listen at all to what others are saying. If they try to bring this to court I doubt anything will come of it, because it appears all parties involved followed the law and standard protocol.

Reactions: 2 users
I should’ve qualified what I said. Most rescues are fine a majority of the time and really are doing a good thing. Even the rescues that do what this rescue did are still trying to do a good thing. However, there are often people in rescues that do things to cut corners, save money, and really piss off veterinarians and staff. Things like pooling blood for FeLV/FIV tests are pretty common. Even despite telling rescuers that this isn’t good medical practice, they still say it’s a risk they’re willing to take.

Again, most rescues are completely fine. But you can find a lot of kooky people within them that act in ways that are unacceptable
I fully acknowledged that you can find terrible people in rescues. My issue was with condemning rescues as a whole, and saying they’re out to exploit situations for money. That’s really unfair and a very black and white way to view them.

Also, pooling blood or only testing one kitten or the Mom in a litter is sadly really common even in human societies and shelters, especially during kitten season. It’s not only rescues that do that.

Rescue isn’t perfect, and there’s problems even in good rescues. But I’m really not comfortable just blanket condemning rescues like that.

As someone who has been in rescue, yeah actually sometimes you need to be willing to exploit circumstances for money.

-e.g. I am a part of a shelter that is trying to raise money to build a new shelter
-shelter has begun to take rescues in from high-kill areas such as Texas and California, along with dogs from even out of the country like Iran and South Korean meat trade dogs
-these animals make it in the news, bring in lots of donations

One of the largest rescues in the area does this as their theme... they name their dogs after rockstars and such, get them backstage at concerts, have created and publicized "bucket lists" for their terminal cases... but guess what, it has given them the means to have their own van, adoption center, and huge network of fosters and volunteers.

Positive outcomes for publicized animals is very good for rescues so I would absolutely not call that a fault. Yes, attacking the vet is. But you know what, the public is going to want to see that. All these "Justice for So-and-So" groups get started on facebook because people who are unfamiliar/ignorant about circumstances surrounding want someone to blame and be held accountable and they're not going to listen to logic.

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who has been in rescue, yeah actually sometimes you need to be willing to exploit circumstances for money.

-e.g. I am a part of a shelter that is trying to raise money to build a new shelter
-shelter has begun to take rescues in from high-kill areas such as Texas and California, along with dogs from even out of the country like Iran and South Korean meat trade dogs
-these animals make it in the news, bring in lots of donations

One of the largest rescues in the area does this as their theme... they name their dogs after rockstars and such, get them backstage at concerts, have created and publicized "bucket lists" for their terminal cases... but guess what, it has given them the means to have their own van, adoption center, and huge network of fosters and volunteers.

Positive outcomes for publicized animals is very good for rescues so I would absolutely not call that a fault. Yes, attacking the vet is. But you know what, the public is going to want to see that. All these "Justice for So-and-So" groups get started on facebook because people who are unfamiliar/ignorant about circumstances surrounding want someone to blame and be held accountable and they're not going to listen to logic.
This is a way different situation that was described above, and not at all what was being referred to. Yes, rescues need to raise money. But raising money in legit ways is way different than trying to claim rescues are going to look for any little sleazy thing to get money out of.

Reactions: 1 users

Really though, did the rescue think that would actually work? Have they never bothered to look at the rabies laws in their own state?

I really hope that tech is okay. But 100% if that dog comes back positive, the rescue and the mob they’ve created are going to pretend they never did any of this.
An unfortunately common experience I've had with quite a few rescuers and/or rescues. I seem to constantly have to have conversations with rescues about quality of life (no, having a life is not the same thing as having a good life), how a sad backstory isn't going to make the animal easier to treat/rehabilitate, that being able to get an animal to lick your face because you put peanut butter on your cheek does not mean the animal is no longer an aggressive/reactive animal, that keeping an animal in a shelter for 8 years is simply not humane, etc etc

Lots of people are receptive and simply have big hearts, but don't always understand the ins and outs of what care for that animal will look like (which is fine, we are a resource for them for a reason). Others are aggressive, angry, blaming, and completely exhausting to try to work with because they refuse to acknowledge anything other than whatever they've already decided should happen in that animal's care.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
This is a way different situation that was described above, and not at all what was being referred to. Yes, rescues need to raise money. But raising money in legit ways is way different than trying to claim rescues are going to look for any little sleazy thing to get money out of.
But that's what I got into at the end - ending up with a news-worthy animal is a big deal for a rescue. It doesn't sound like to me they are trying to make money off the dog's death.

If that’s true, then it’s still the person in charge that’s terrible and looking to exploit, not everyone involved in the rescue or rescues as a whole.
Yup, I agree and it is very often the narcissists/dreadful humans that get the power trip from running or being the face of a rescue that get a whole bunch of genuine, do-gooders behind them. So usually its worth it to have a horrible front man because the end result is good. But when it goes to this extreme of tearing down vets, impacting income, and ruining careers it just disgusts me. I mean this specific one is already selling FREAKIN T-SHIRTS with the dogs face on them! In a way its brilliant that they're capitalizing on this but they're stomping on the mental health of many in the veterinary field to do so.

UGH SO MANY FEELS.

But that's what I got into at the end - ending up with a news-worthy animal is a big deal for a rescue. It doesn't sound like to me they are trying to make money off the dog's death.
They definitely are... they are already selling t-shirts with her face on it and "Justice for Faust".

Yup, I agree and it is very often the narcissists/dreadful humans that get the power trip from running or being the face of a rescue that get a whole bunch of genuine, do-gooders behind them. So usually its worth it to have a horrible front man because the end result is good. But when it goes to this extreme of tearing down vets, impacting income, and ruining careers it just disgusts me. I mean this specific one is already selling FREAKIN T-SHIRTS with the dogs face on them! In a way its brilliant that they're capitalizing on this but they're stomping on the mental health of many in the veterinary field to do so.

UGH SO MANY FEELS.
Agree that the people in charge of this rescues actions are completely horrible and disgusting. They’re actively encouraging bullying of the clinic and AC. I hope the clinic and AC look into what legal action they can take against the rescue, because it’s just going to keep getting worse.

I didn’t see the the t-shirts as, that’s terrible. Definitely has the people in charge looking very sleazy. It’s just going to further this witch hunt.

Adding onto the above, rescues do good work. They're necessary. But it scoops me out a little bit inside every single time I see a rescuer share a facebook post of our euthanasia list asking people to save dogs from the people who put them on death row and are trying to murder them. This is exactly the kind of language some of them use and no matter how many times they tell me to my face that they don't think of me as a murderer, the way they communicate about our work tells me that they do.

I don't want to be thought of as the person an animal must be saved from. I have met those kinds of people (even testified against them), and it is so deeply hurtful to have the compassionate and humane care of the animals in our purview be compared to outright murder.

Ok, that's definitely no bueno, and possibly a sign they're looking to get an attorney involved.
I doubt it.... it is a money grab I have seen many times from rescue before. It is even something I have seen that super sketchy rescue near me do after they euthanized a dog they should have never rescued with a bite record who was blind and just terrified of everything and therefore bit everything. He lived in terror at every moment of his life and when he finally was euthanized they tried to blame the trainer "that failed him" and made "Justice For" t-shirts and sell full calendars of photos of him, etc. I hate it so much.

I have been lucky to see some of the best in rescue in my life but more and more I feel like I am seeing the worst. I tell myself that its just because the good rescues are a whole lot quieter.

it scoops me out a little bit inside
This is an excellent way of putting it. That is exactly how I feel, scooped out, gutted. I am feeling so raw and hollow over this and I don't even personally know any of the vets impacted!

I need a damn therapist -_______-

Adding onto the above, rescues do good work. They're necessary. But it scoops me out a little bit inside every single time I see a rescuer share a facebook post of our euthanasia list asking people to save dogs from the people who put them on death row and are trying to murder them. This is exactly the kind of language some of them use and no matter how many times they tell me to my face that they don't think of me as a murderer, the way they communicate about our work tells me that they do.

I don't want to be thought of as the person an animal must be saved from. I have met those kinds of people (even testified against them), and it is so deeply hurtful to have the compassionate and humane care of the animals in our purview be compared to outright murder.
Oh are you in shelter med?? Why do the rescuers have your euthanasia list?

Oh are you in shelter med?? Why do the rescuers have your euthanasia list?
I have worked in shelter med for about six years now. It's not our true euthanasia list, it's a list of urgent animals that will be euthanized if not pulled by a rescue that is sent to all of our rescue contacts for our organization. Someone not particularly thoughtful called it the euthanasia list years ago (because that's basically what they used to email out, with no commentary or editing for animals that weren't pullable by rescues). Now it's much more of an Urgent/Rescue Needed list, but people still call it the EU List and go wild about it all the time.

We're also a public agency, so rescues can request the lists from us if they would like to.

I will say it: Rescues are by in large corrupt. I hate them. Most of them don't know the back of their own hand, let alone how to care for animals. I have maybe met one rescue that was run somewhat decently by people truly trying to help animals, the rest are trying to make money off the situations. I have yet to meet a person running a "rescue" who is poor... all of them have been very well off and they know it. They know just how to twist the truth to make money and emotionally trap people in.

Sorry, but veterinary medicine has really opened my eyes to rescue work and I don't trust the majority of them. There are certain shelters that are tipping into this point as well.

I will say it: Rescues are by in large corrupt. I hate them. Most of them don't know the back of their own hand, let alone how to care for animals. I have maybe met one rescue that was run somewhat decently by people truly trying to help animals, the rest are trying to make money off the situations. I have yet to meet a person running a "rescue" who is poor... all of them have been very well off and they know it. They know just how to twist the truth to make money and emotionally trap people in.

Sorry, but veterinary medicine has really opened my eyes to rescue work and I don't trust the majority of them. There are certain shelters that are tipping into this point as well.
The only person I know who is poor and runs a “rescue” is actually part of an organization that is classified by the FBI as a terrorist organization. If you thought PETA was bad, you should see her organization.

This woman thinks she’s helping cats but she keeps them all in her house and has brought probably 10 to us in the last couple months who were in horrible shape. Two or three with calicivirus. She’s okay with doing bloodwork from time to time but she mainly just asks us to give her clavamox. Luckily there’s a backorder on it now so we have a better excuse than “no.”

And, no that doesn't mean every person who works for a rescue is "corrupt" but when you are on the vet side and seeing what you are telling the rescue owner and what they are actually posting/promoting and how none of it is even close to what you said and all very much exaggerated in order to increase income, you lose trust in them, repeatedly.

When you tell them that a dog needs to go home with a medical warning regarding something and they go "but that is expensive to follow up on/do", yes, yes it is, which is why they need the medical warning prior to leaving so the new owner can be prepared. But that limits who will adopt.... yes, yes it does and that is why the shelter was going to euthanize the animal because they know this ****. Then the rescue is all "well we aren't going to tell anyone that".

Do not have many positive experiences with rescues and working with them.

The only person I know who is poor and runs a “rescue” is actually part of an organization that is classified by the FBI as a terrorist organization. If you thought PETA was bad, you should see her organization.

This woman thinks she’s helping cats but she keeps them all in her house and has brought probably 10 to us in the last couple months who were in horrible shape. Two or three with calicivirus. She’s okay with doing bloodwork from time to time but she mainly just asks us to give her clavamox. Luckily there’s a backorder on it now so we have a better excuse than “no.”

These exist all over. They are called the local crazy cat hoarder. She isn't the only one. Most don't claim to be part of an organization though just say they are "running a rescue" when we all know they are hoarding cats and can't take care of them.

These exist all over. They are called the local crazy cat hoarder. She isn't the only one. Most don't claim to be part of an organization though just say they are "running a rescue" when we all know they are hoarding cats and can't take care of them.
You’re correct in that that’s what she’s doing. And she doesn’t claim to be a part of them. We did some digging on her and found out she’s a part of them. I won’t say the name of the organization, but it’s acronym is the same as an extra-terrestrial puppet from a tv show in the 80’s.

We've had to do mass confiscations from "rescues" like this in the past. It's a common enough presentation of hoarding to be listed in its own category

typology.jpg

I think rescues like those and rescues that are basically private shelters with well managed boards, staff vets, etc are way different things. My experience is with the later.

I think rescues like those and rescues that are basically private shelters with well managed boards, staff vets, etc are way different things. My experience is with the later.
Couldn't agree more. I have experiences with everything from publicly funded open intake shelters to itty bitty rescues that are not even 501c3. The by far worst have seemed to be the rescues that are not brick-and-mortar (i.e. all foster based) but ARE 501c3. Like that makes them just legit enough that people want to and are willing to give them money but there is literally almost zero oversight.

Couldn't agree more. I have experiences with everything from publicly funded open intake shelters to itty bitty rescues that are not even 501c3. The by far worst have seemed to be the rescues that are not brick-and-mortar (i.e. all foster based) but ARE 501c3. Like that makes them just legit enough that people want to and are willing to give them money but there is literally almost zero oversight.
I actually know a really great all foster based rescue for older dogs, and shelters commonly contact them when older dogs are surrendered to have them take because they have such a great reputation, but I agree that set up is usually not ideal. This rescue also makes it clear that they do euthanize dogs where it’s the best choice for their quality of life and don’t pull heroics. It think it’s the rescues that always try to be the hero that tend to be the issue.

A classmate actually adopted a dog from another all foster rescue and it was.. a mess to put it lightly. Made me sad she didn’t try to check into the rescue at all before adopting from them.

The most recent comments I'm seeing are outrage at the speed between the animal being seized by AC and the euthanasia taking place (6 hours). I have not seen whether or not the dog was removed from the premises prior to euthanasia, but if she was it makes my opinion below much stronger.

If the dog was in a state where she could not stand she was in no state to be in quarantine where she would not have multiple people attending to her medical needs 24/7. Combined with the law about euthanasia upon neurological symptoms developing, her fate was sealed. She would either be euthanized, or likely die in quarantine. In the situation where she was going to die regardless, it is absolutely in her best interest to have euthanasia be as soon as possible to minimize her suffering.

I feel terrible for the poor staff at the veterinary facility and the animal control who have to deal with this.

I actually know a really great all foster based rescue for older dogs, and shelters commonly contact them when older dogs are surrendered to have them take because they have such a great reputation, but I agree that set up is usually not ideal. This rescue also makes it clear that they do euthanize dogs where it’s the best choice for their quality of life and don’t pull heroics. It think it’s the rescues that always try to be the hero that tend to be the issue.
You may misunderstand me. I'm not saying all rescues that fall under that description are bad. I'd say many if not most are good and do good and want to do good. That just happens to be there I see the most narcissist, power hungry, money grabbers be able to hide as compared to other styles of rescue. I mean basically all breed rescues tend to fall into this category and I have problems with very few breed specific rescues, they tend to be great amongst foster-only rescue models. (I even have my own weim rescue foster lady on the couch next to me right now :) )

The most recent comments I'm seeing are outrage at the speed between the animal being seized by AC and the euthanasia taking place (6 hours). I have not seen whether or not the dog was removed from the premises prior to euthanasia, but if she was it makes my opinion below much stronger.

If the dog was in a state where she could not stand she was in no state to be in quarantine where she would not have multiple people attending to her medical needs 24/7. Combined with the law about euthanasia upon neurological symptoms developing, her fate was sealed. She would either be euthanized, or likely die in quarantine. In the situation where she was going to die regardless, it is absolutely in her best interest to have euthanasia be as soon as possible to minimize her suffering.

I feel terrible for the poor staff at the veterinary facility and the animal control who have to deal with this.
As I understand it, she was removed and taken to animal control prior to euthanasia.

So my responses are all from the outside looking in. Because my family owns pet stores, I've never had the opportunity to volunteer in local shelters because I've been turned away from them after handing over my resume. So take my obviously biased opinion with a grain of salt.

But it scoops me out a little bit inside every single time I see a rescuer share a facebook post of our euthanasia list asking people to save dogs from the people who put them on death row and are trying to murder them. This is exactly the kind of language some of them use and no matter how many times they tell me to my face that they don't think of me as a murderer, the way they communicate about our work tells me that they do.

I hate how there's a culture of using guilty among the rescue community. Whether it's the "no-kill" vs "kill" shelter mentality, attacking people who purchased dogs rather than adopting them, or using sad stories to get more adoptions/money. I'm not a fan of emotional manipulation on any level, and I feel that some organizations or individuals can tip into that realm.

Then the rescue is all "well we aren't going to tell anyone that".

Likewise, if my family pulled this in our pet stores, we would crucified publicly to excessive levels. And that hypocrisy grinds my gears.

I won’t say the name of the organization, but it’s acronym is the same as an extra-terrestrial puppet from a tv show in the 80’s.

Out of curiosity, why won't you say their name? I knew instantly who you were talking about when you said FBI domestic terrorists. But just wondering.

Like I said, I'm very aware in my bias here, but I try to give rescues a fair shake over all because I do believe their mission and a lot of them are morally good people trying to do good things. I would never tell someone to not adopt. But the above points have always bothered me because I am from the complete opposite side of the tracks.

So my responses are all from the outside looking in. Because my family owns pet stores, I've never had the opportunity to volunteer in local shelters because I've been turned away from them after handing over my resume. So take my obviously biased opinion with a grain of salt.

I hate how there's a culture of using guilty among the rescue community. Whether it's the "no-kill" vs "kill" shelter mentality, attacking people who purchased dogs rather than adopting them, or using sad stories to get more adoptions/money. I'm not a fan of emotional manipulation on any level, and I feel that some organizations or individuals can tip into that realm.

Likewise, if my family pulled this in our pet stores, we would crucified publicly to excessive levels. And that hypocrisy grinds my gears.

Out of curiosity, why won't you say their name? I knew instantly who you were talking about when you said FBI domestic terrorists. But just wondering.

Like I said, I'm very aware in my bias here, but I try to give rescues a fair shake over all because I do believe their mission and a lot of them are morally good people trying to do good things. I would never tell someone to not adopt. But the above points have always bothered me because I am from the complete opposite side of the tracks.
I was just taking it as an opportunity to make a crappy joke. I mean personally I think the joke was pretty good but that’s for everyone else to decide.

I was just taking it as an opportunity to make a crappy joke. I mean personally I think the joke was pretty good but that’s for everyone else to decide.

I worked out for the first time since early September tonight, so my befuddled brain missed it :rofl:

I worked out for the first time since early September tonight, so my befuddled brain missed it :rofl:
Well there’s where you made a big mistake. I rely solely on my metabolism to keep me in shape. A healthy amount of stress and anxiety are good replacements for exercise.

Well there’s where you made a big mistake. I rely solely on my metabolism to keep me in shape. A healthy amount of stress and anxiety are good replacements for exercise.
Except high cortisol increases fat deposition...

This always bothers me too.

Except high cortisol increases fat deposition...
Yea but if the anxiety also decreases appetite then I rely almost entirely on gluconeogenesis. It’s a self-limiting problem.

Yea but if the anxiety also decreases appetite then I rely almost entirely on gluconeogenesis. It’s a self-limiting problem.
Tell me this again in a year once you’re done with first year :p