SUNY Downstate versus SUNY Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got off the stony wait list on wed. :scared:

any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Downstate, but I'm biased. lol

You gotta give us more than that to work with here.

Downstate, but I'm biased. lol

You gotta give us more than that to work with here.

haha, well i went to a school in the city for undergrad but I'm not totally opposed to moving to the burbs but other than that i got nothing! :laugh:
I'm supposed to decide really soon too...
I liked both schools on interview day. I wish i had the time to go back and visit both.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool!! I wonder if you got my spot!

I just withdrew from SB a couple days ago after getting off the NYU wait list. It was really hard to withdraw from SB, it's an awesome school.

I really like SB. The students were friendly, the faculty supportive with a high quality program. It is in the suburbs, but Port Jeff is a nice town nearby. The city is a bit of a trek, but weekend trips are totally doable (about 1.5 hours by train). It seems like a really nice place to be.

Anyway, I had to make the same choice last month, and I chose Stony Brook. Downstate seemed impersonal...you'd see a lot at Kings County, but my general impression is that you're kind of thrown into things. Both good schools, but that's my take on things.

I was in ur position last week, and chose downstate. I revisited both schools. The students at downstate were so much more easy going, probably because there's so many of them. I know some kids from my school going to stonybrook and they are serious gunners, which really turned me off. I like that everything is readily available online. they have far less lecture time as well from their calendars online, and I think it'd be better to survive/learn using the organ based approach. Also, for what its worth, I found their match list to be superior consistently. And brooklyn seems a lotta fun.

any more advice? soooo confused

Status
Not open for further replies.