The official "rate the avatar above you" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10/10 for depicting two of my favorite things. And for liking Star Trek.

Tip: Read the Outlander historical novels by Diana Gabaldon so you'll know what about quinsy, as well as historical treatments in the preantibiotic era.

Can't give Catalystik anything but a 10/10. :)

Tip: Don't read The House of God right before you start med school.

Members don't see this ad.

10/10 - Would talk to at a bar just to ask about the expression :) And I raise you one sleeping mini-pig (mine).

Tip: Don't be so focused that you forget about the people/relationships that have supported you on your pre-med journey. Don't forget to spend time with your people. You'll need them in med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
10/10 for depicting two of my favorite things. And for liking Star Trek.

Tip: Read the Outlander historical novels by Diana Gabaldon so you'll know about quinsy, as well as historical treatments in the preantibiotic era.

0/10, sorry...

917df28438f923d799c2c0f67c0f105a0c370e1ef781e00f24f7ac1efdebeb2d.jpg

Tip: pay attention to your body language in the interview. Sit up straight, hands on the table-top so your interviewer knows you aren't fidgeting!

10/10 because bacon and shrimp.

Develop a good sense of humor or become a crazy person. Those are your choices.

10/10 because bacon and shrimp.

Develop a good sense of humor or become a crazy person. Those are your choices.

Cool pic 9/10

Tip: don't get medical school tips from premeds who haven't even taken the MCAT yet (like me) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
V!
One of my all-time favourite movies. Quite the lovely message.
In regards to mine, changed it up quite a bit.

V!
One of my all-time favourite movies. Quite the lovely message.
In regards to mine, changed it up quite a bit.

9/10. Would have given 10/10 but I wasted too much of my life mesmerized by your avatar. Mostly because I thought it was a penis flopping around at first. Don't ask why that mesmerized me...........

edit: Forgot...tip: Get involved with volunteering/shadowing ASAP

Reactions: 1 user
@Boolean 13/10. Love this one so had to post again.

Tip #2: Speak clearly and plainly.

9/10. Would have given 10/10 but I wasted too much of my life mesmerized by your avatar. Mostly because I thought it was a penis flopping around at first. Don't ask why that mesmerized me...........
10/10 because our avatars would have a very respectful chat about dinosaur life

@baconshrimps 100/10 cause i like bacon, i like shrimps and i like how baconshimps is in Probationary Status...

Members don't see this ad :)
@baconshrimps 100/10 cause i like bacon, i like shrimps and i like how baconshimps is in Probationary Status...
8/10

Was gonna give it something lower but the fierceness of that majestic bird of prey intimidated me into nothing less than an 8.

9/10 - I like urban landscapes

Tip: Refrain from crafting pick up lines about neurotransmitters while at the bar.

10/10 because our avatars would have a very respectful chat about dinosaur life
10/10 because I used to read Qwantz.com dino comics all the time.

3/10 very unpleasing to look at
7/10 cute puppy

The fact that my other thread (explain your username) got locked gave me some major sadfeels :(

Tip: If you travel to interview, try to get out afterwards and see some of the city.

10/10 because I used to read Qwantz.com dino comics all the time.

7/10 cute puppy

The fact that my other thread (explain your username) got locked gave me some major sadfeels :(

Tip: If you travel to interview, try to get out afterwards and see some of the city.
9/10 because I like fish.

Tip: pick ECs that you enjoy. They will make more sense why you did them in the AMCAS application, secondaries and interviews.

1/10

Tip: Just the tip?
6/10 for Italian plumber. Never played a Mario game, though. Always Jetforce Gemini and Pokemon.

Tip: Find out if a professor is on maternity leave before calling her office like a dozen times.

P.S. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
1/10, overcompensation lol
Well that's not nice.
10/10 I just got home from the gym and bacon with shrimp sounds good right about now.

Tip: Don't be afraid to shadow a specialty that you think you might not like, you never know, unless is psychiatry. :sleep:

Well that's not nice.
10/10 I just got home from the gym and bacon with shrimp sounds good right about now.

Tip: Don't be afraid to shadow a specialty that you think you might not like, you never know, unless is psychiatry. :sleep:

B-

Because it is more interesting than most, but unbelievable and holds a negative connotation. Also because he is obviously juicing and that is unhealthy and unhealthy is bad.

Lol

B-

Because it is more interesting than most, but unbelievable and holds a negative connotation. Also because he is obviously juicing and that is unhealthy and unhealthy is bad.

Lol
What???

Is it supposed to be some old coin that the US doesn't make anymore? I think that's kinda cool 7/10

Tip: Sleep is good, get lots of it.

Is it supposed to be some old coin that the US doesn't make anymore? I think that's kinda cool 7/10

Tip: Sleep is good, get lots of it.

8/10 for nice logo/name combo -2/10 for picture quality :)

Protip: if your PS sounds contrived and pretentious when you read it out loud, it probably is.

3/10 I have no idea what that's from....... But maybe if I did it would be 7/10

Tip: Use coloring books to study for neuroanatomy and gross anatomy! They're in medical school bookstores & online :owle:

Tip: Use coloring books to study for neuroanatomy and gross anatomy! They're in medical school bookstores & online :owle:
I think @Muad'Dib should probably rate this one :)

10/10 for having the audacity (huevos) to stay in office even after your mayoral powers have been severely limited. O Canada, I feel sorry for you. Plus, SNL skit about Mayor Ford made me lol. :)

Tip: Say your prayers before interviews, if you feel so inclined.

6/10

tip: Don't make excuses. Owning up to your mistakes and learning from them shows maturity.

6/10

tip: Don't make excuses. Owning up to your mistakes and learning from them shows maturity.
5/10 I'm no art connoisseur.

Tip: Don't slack off during college. Finals will be painful.

8/10 I have no idea what it is, but I really like it.

Tip: Have fun with your ECs or find new ones. When you talk about them on apps and in interviews, real passion will shine through.

8/10 I have no idea what it is, but I really like it.

Tip: Have fun with your ECs or find new ones. When you talk about them on apps and in interviews, real passion will shine through.
5/10, not a husky.

Tip: Be careful about acquiring pets before med school. Dogs can be high maintenance, and you'll probably be renting so you can't go throwing in doggy doors for them to get outside. A pet can be prime company, especially in a new environment where you've got no friends or family, but be careful and choose the right one. Something low maintenance like a cat, fish, or what have you will make your life a lot easier.

100000/10 I freaking love that cat. You win.

Tip: YOLO

@Maud'Dib

<3 pusheen

5/10 half off for being a copycat (heh.)

tip: grocery shopping is cheaper than eating out if you're trying to be healthy.

5/10 half off for being a copycat (heh.)

tip: grocery shopping is cheaper than eating out if you're trying to be healthy.
10/10 Who doesn't like wee alligator babbies. (I think that's what that is.)

Health Tip: Get a juicer and juice. Every day. It will change your life once you actually start getting all those micronutrients.

10/10 because I felt bad about giving you a 7/10 last time.

10/10 because I love that "rocket surgery" phrase

Tip: Just chill during college. And maybe have a bottle of whiskey on standby whenever your grades are about to come out.

9/10 'cause pandas. 10/10 'cause of name.

Tip: Make sure you have a break day each week while studying for the MCAT.

10/10 because it is related to basketball

10/10 because nothing beats bacon.

not my type but nice enough 8/10

Don't be afraid to list "fun" activities in the experience section; it helps make you seem more human rather than a cookie cut-out.

not my type but nice enough 8/10

Don't be afraid to list "fun" activities in the experience section; it helps make you seem more human rather than a cookie cut-out.

10/10 because bond girl + 20/10 because LizzyM

P.S. @LizzyM , is the M in your name because your Avatar is M?

Status
Not open for further replies.