Frog Eat Frog WWorld - An Amphibian Adventure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Umm did you ever consider it was super obvious I was going to be blocked last night, so the last wolf decided to not kill because they knew I would be lynched the next day for it?

Because that’s what happened. I’m not a wolf.

MJ is doing exactly what he did in dogs and horses. I really think it’s him, which is why I wanted to lynch him yesterday.
Are you gonna vote? Or do the villagery thing where you talk about who you think it is for tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it was obvious at all. I actually had a hard time choosing. But you realize how this looks right? And your defense right now would be the perfect wolf defense too. We need to lynch you. Tomorrow we can think about MJ and Sporty if this was a fake out.

Today we have 5. Lynch close makes 4.

If it's not you and the game doesn't end that makes 3 village to 1 wolf and we have another chance.

So since today is you bc occams razor- let's talk about tomorrow. If you truly are village, maybe you have some theories to share?
I told you my theory. MJ is doing *exactly* what he did in Dogs and Horses. That's why I wanted to lynch him yesterday, and still today.

And I really did think I was going to be blocked last night after your response to my reasoning for wanting to lynch MJ instead of pip last night. Crap happened and I didn't get on again till a few hours after lynched closed, and just needed to go to bed so I didn't respond.

Guys I'm the Green salamander. I'm not a wolf.

Members don't see this ad :)
Day 4

ozark-hellbender-01.jpg

In the wake of a quiet, peaceful night, we find ourselves returned to the calm atmosphere in which we began our tour. The largest salamander in North America is the focus of our attention today. A lovely example of an Ozark hellbender (Cryptobranchus alleganiensis), found herself fighting not only against her own extinction, but that of her friends. She did her part by using her large size to intimidate those who she thought might be responsible for the disappearances in the group. Her instincts had been right before, so she chose to trust them again. In the morning, she knew she had done the right thing. Or had she?

aaeneusfemky407face.jpg

The Green salamander is native to the Appalachian region, and is the only Aneides species found in the eastern United States. Their unique coloration makes them easily recognizable, as there are no other salamander species with green markings in North America. While they exhibit an unusually high level of aggression towards interlopers into their territories and nest sites, they are not known to cannibalize other salamanders, as they are rather small themselves, and prefer to dine on small invertebrates. And it is true, the green salamander was not responsible for any deaths in this game. Despite her insistence that as an insectivore, she could not be the cannibal that the rest of the amphibians were looking for, @Caiter92's friends turned their various toxins on her, and though the details are too unpleasant to relate here, she was soon dead.

Dead is @Caiter92, who was Aneides aeneas, the green salamander, and a vanillager.

Or at least, that was what she claimed...

chinese-fire-belly-newt-cynops-orientalis.jpg

The Chinese fire-bellied newt (Cynops orientalis), through no fault of its own, is a common feature in the pet trade and an invasive species. Just like the green salamander, it prefers to snack on small invertebrates, and it is rare to find one eating another amphibian. However, just by outcompeting them for resources, it has driven other species to the brink of extinction. Perhaps the other amphibians looked closely at Caiter and saw that she had red markings, not green. Perhaps they simply could tell that she did not belong among the rest of them, who were all native to North America...

And they were right.

Dead is @Caiter92, who was actually the Chinese fire bellied newt, and a cannibal wolf.

Found stashed away was the body of @johnnaboo, Aneides aeneus, the Green salamander, and a village dietician.

The remaining amphibians returned to their native habitats, happy to have learned a bit more about each other and themselves, and to have avoided extinction. For now.

VILLAGE WINS!

1. @johnnaboo - Green salamander, Village Dietician
2. @Ms Procrastinator - Mexican burrowing caecilian, vanillager
3. @Barkley13 - Eastern newt, vanillager
4. @sheltermed - Fire Salamander, Vanillager
5. @mypetmoose - Hellbender, Village Blocker
6. @Mad Jack - Large blotched ensatina salamander, vanillager

7. @genny - Cuban treefrog, Cannibal Wolf
8. @mizchiefmanaged - Rough-skinned newt, vanillager
9. @Miranda Senft - Southern Leopard Frog, Cannibal Vigilante
10. @PippyPony - Axolotl, Cannibal Serial Killer
11. @SportPonies - Eastern Spadefoot Toad, vanillager
12. @Caiter92 - Chinese Fire-bellied newt, Cannibal Wolf

There was no game spreadsheet so feel free to ask questions, give critiques, etc! This game was intended to be balanced for ~50% village win rate, 30% wolf win rate, and 20% serial killer win rate.

Reactions: 8 users
Called it. Good job village!! Excellent play mpm and way to use your PR effectively while you had it jboo :biglove:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Come on AM don't be shy now :p

Reactions: 1 user
I'm happy the wolf streak ended and village won. Also @sheltermed was right to nail down Pippy and Caits cold so I'm content :cat::shy:
except for very wrong reasons hahaha pip and i joking about a cat wasn't an alliance :laugh:

can i just say though mj literally was playing how he did in dogs and horses when he was a wolf so that wasn't even me bull****ting :p

Reactions: 4 users
can i just say though mj literally was playing how he did in dogs and horses when he was a wolf so that wasn't even be bull****ting :p
Lol he was up next probably. But good game to everyone!

Thanks mods! I had a blast!

Reactions: 1 users
I mean it's not concrete or solid evidence, but he was really giving me strong village vibes from how he posted and the way he played. Idk why but was pretty confident he was village.

So you were reading his past wolf play as hard village?? :laugh:

That's what I felt village MJ would do here. He lynched himself before as village so mimicking his wolf play isn't out of the ordinary. Also he has the characteristic indifference that came off as villagey here.

He always plays like that nowadays :p
he was somewhat active in am's last game :p plus letting someone stay alive who is ignoring everything on thread and just voting is probs a terrible idea always :p

I was ****ed the second pip took genny out :laugh: curious if pip actually thought she was a wolf or just took her out and then used that to try to claim village cred :laugh:

Reactions: 5 users
I was ****ed the second pip took genny out :laugh: curious if pip actually thought she was a wolf or just took her out and then used that to try to claim village cred :laugh:
Yeah village should thank her for that and for taking out miz instead of a PR lol

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
@PippyPony is a hail mary 3p and should be respected. Her effort of killing genny n1 contributed to this town win!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Definitely thought genny was a wolf

Definitely thought caiter sounded too reasonable and non-panicked to be a wolf

And my win condition was god damn exactly what I said it was, you goons

Thank you mods, I had a lot of fun this game until I got lynched haha. I'm impressed it lasted as long as it did.

In the future village...a straight up mass claim might be better earlier on, since once those 3 were cleared, there was nothing anyone could say ;) But good game after I died!

And special mention to wolves because I think they got the short end of the stick haha.

Reactions: 3 users
Definitely thought genny was a wolf

Definitely thought caiter sounded too reasonable and non-panicked to be a wolf

And my win condition was god damn exactly what I said it was, you goons

Thank you mods, I had a lot of fun this game until I got lynched haha. I'm impressed it lasted as long as it did.

In the future village...a straight up mass claim might be better earlier on, since once those 3 were cleared, there was nothing anyone could say ;) But good game after I died!

And special mention to wolves because I think they got the short end of the stick haha.
:laugh:

See guys, pip knows i'm a terrible wolf :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Actually I only win if I am the last person alive and I have one or two tricks up my sleeve that may still help you all out
And I will lol @ you panicky villagers when it turns out to be exactly my win condition

Yes, yes it would.

I thought my odds were better with trying to play hard village but I'm thinking I maybe should have gone to the dark side.
@WildZoo @Coopah What was Pippy's actual win condition? Unless I missed it while phone-playing
Be the last one standing

DON'T TRUST THE THIRD PARTY EVER

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users