-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Louisiana State University - Shreveport Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone applying EDP?
Anyone applying EDP?
Thinking about it but want to talk to Kennedy first to see if I'm wasting my time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will if AMCAS will quit delaying stuff.
Anyone applying EDP?
I am.
amcas submitted!
Submitted today. Best of luck to everyone!
Any idea when secondaries come out?
From what I remember from last year, the secondaries where released in late June or July.
Best of luck in applying! Hopefully I'll see some of you when you come in for interviews 🙂
Best of luck in applying! Hopefully I'll see some of you when you come in for interviews 🙂
Does anyone know if the secondary application that you can download from the FAQ's webpage is really what the secondary app will look like? Or do they change the questions each cycle or something?
Here's the webpage I downloaded it from:
http://www.lsuhscshreveport.edu/Admissions/FAQsSecondaryApplication.aspx
Here's the webpage I downloaded it from:
http://www.lsuhscshreveport.edu/Admissions/FAQsSecondaryApplication.aspx
Does anyone know if the secondary application that you can download from the FAQ's webpage is really what the secondary app will look like? Or do they change the questions each cycle or something?
Here's the webpage I downloaded it from:
http://www.lsuhscshreveport.edu/Admissions/FAQsSecondaryApplication.aspx
That is the secondary used for the last 2 cycles
AMCAS submitted - finally. Best of luck to everyone!
I cant seem to find anywhere to select that I want to apply through EDP. Am I missing something? I saw it for LSU NO but not for the port. Do I just email admissions?
Do you have any other schools selected other than Shreveport? Because you can ONLY pick one school for EDP. If you have another school selected, it may not give you the option for EDP at Shreveport.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New Orleans' secondaries have already been released. It'd be cool if shreveport would release theirs soon.
Yea after I posted I realized I just being stupid. I deleted all other med schools and it appeared. Hopefully submitting soon!
I have another dumb question do letters still have to be mailed to Shreveport? I am getting conflicting information from the website.
I have another dumb question do letters still have to be mailed to Shreveport? I am getting conflicting information from the website.
Yea after I posted I realized I just being stupid. I deleted all other med schools and it appeared. Hopefully submitting soon!
I have another dumb question do letters still have to be mailed to Shreveport? I am getting conflicting information from the website.
Yes. They don't give an option on AMCAS to add letters for Shreveport. Which I think is silly. But that's Kennedy for you. And remember they don't accept Interfolio letters. Have to be directly from the source.
Yes. They don't give an option on AMCAS to add letters for Shreveport. Which I think is silly. But that's Kennedy for you. And remember they don't accept Interfolio letters. Have to be directly from the source.
It looks like they are using VirtualEvals now too apparently which is what my med school committee uses.
http://www.lsuhscshreveport.edu/Admissions/Requirements.aspx#letters
No, I think they'll send them out next week. They're pretty consistent with when they send stuff out, and last year it was the 2nd Tuesday of July.
But don't worry, I'm completely paranoid about it. I keep checking every spam box of every email address I've ever used just to make sure I haven't missed it.
But don't worry, I'm completely paranoid about it. I keep checking every spam box of every email address I've ever used just to make sure I haven't missed it.
I'm not sure; I submitted mine 2 minutes after amcas opened and was verified 12 minutes later.... But I've heard of delays since.
Should I be concerned about getting verified by the August 1st deadline?
If you're submitting EDP, I wouldn't worry. I applied EDP a few years back. Submitted in July. By the end of the day, I was in verification and it was sent to the school by the next day. So, unless things have changed, I think EDP applicants go to the front of the line.
I hope secondaries come out this week.
It's cool. We're all in the same boat.
I'm having a committee letter sent to Shreveport (applying EDP), but one of my recommenders has not yet sent in his letter. Does Shreveport send out secondaries once AMCAS has been verified, or do they wait until everything (AMCAS, transcripts, LORs, etc.) are in before sending out a secondary?
They wait until amcas is verified and submitted. Based on previous years, secondary should go out this week.
Once they send those out, you should receive status updates in regards to what's missing.
Once they send those out, you should receive status updates in regards to what's missing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. I hope this all paper stuff doesn't hurt us.
Same here. I hope this all paper stuff doesn't hurt us.
Paper stuff?
I have a bit of a prob. My pre med committe didn't send a letter for me straight to Md. They sent it tointerfolio. Now I see that lsu doesn't take inter folio. Apparently. Can I send it another way?
I am not familiar with how interfolio works but I believe you can ask your premed committe to print off everything and send it to Dr. Kennedy. Good luck!
Paper stuff?
The fact that it isn't computer submitted. I would hate for a file to "go missing".
Yeah- are you all hand-writing or typing the secondary?
Typing for sure. My handwriting is terrible and I'd hate for anything that was preventable to look poorly on my part.
Question about the secondary: on the reapplicant page, it says "Answer with X if you have NOT applied to medical school before: ___YES ___NO"
I am a reapplicant. I should put an X by "no," right? I understand the question, I just think it's a strange, roundabout way of asking it. They did something similar in the Stage-2 Application, where they asked twice about the Honor Code and Technical Standards. It's really weird.
I am a reapplicant. I should put an X by "no," right? I understand the question, I just think it's a strange, roundabout way of asking it. They did something similar in the Stage-2 Application, where they asked twice about the Honor Code and Technical Standards. It's really weird.
Yea, I'm still looking cross-eye at that stage two part :/
Did you check your spam box? If you don't get an email with a secondary by Thursday, call Ms. Hatcher and inquire about it. It might be a clerical error or something.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Secondary mailed.. Now the waiting game begins :/
I averaged mine by q points. Physics ??/4.0,
There's no room for the grades though, if I have 35+ hours of biology, how can I fit all of the letter grades into the box?
