University of Cincinnati Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

therocketman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received an interview invitation from the University of Cincinnati yet? I applied kind of early and I have yet to hear back from them. Just wondering if it was just me or if anyone else was in my situation.

Members don't see this ad.

no news yet... but you can always check the interview invite thread to keep updated!:)

I work for one of the admissions officers at UC med school....the committee has only met once for a very short thing..haven't really gone over applications as I understand it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I work for one of the admissions officers at UC med school.... short thing..

Oooh.. I'm not sure I would have volunteered that information on SDN.. That's kind of like feeding yourself to the wolves.

hey thanks for the reply. kind of puts me a little more at ease.

Oooh.. I'm not sure I would have volunteered that information on SDN.. That's kind of like feeding yourself to the wolves.

ehh so be it. I'll be sure to NOT give good remarks about those who do hound me!

any idea why cincinnati hasn't started interviewing yet?

Not sure when they start, but I was in Cincy in early sept so I sent on of those "hey i'll be in the area think you can grant me an interview?" and they wrote a very nice letter back saying "thanks for the update, but we won't start interviewing til October."

So I think we have to wait a while longer...

Last edited:
any idea why cincinnati hasn't started interviewing yet?

They just started doing the EDP interviews this past Friday. I do not think that they have sent out any other interview invites yet, but they will soon. Be patient...this process can be draining, but no worries! I expect they will email invites soon and begin interviews in the beginning of October.

yea i just interviewed at cinci last friday for EDP.. the committee is meeting on the 22nd to make the decision on EDP so i'm sure they'll start interview invites soon after that.. good luck everyone!

yea i just interviewed at cinci last friday for EDP.. the committee is meeting on the 22nd to make the decision on EDP so i'm sure they'll start interview invites soon after that.. good luck everyone!

Did you go through their new interview process?

I just went thru their new interview process for EDP. It wasn't bad, I think I actually prefer it over a standard interview. I got accepted yesterday so let me know if you have any questions about anything & I'll be happy to help :)

I just went thru their new interview process for EDP. It wasn't bad, I think I actually prefer it over a standard interview. I got accepted yesterday so let me know if you have any questions about anything & I'll be happy to help :)

Congratulations!

I saw somewhere that there is a "collaboration station" where interviewees take turns giving each other instructions to complete a "complex task." I'm just wondering how this is set up and what qualifies as being a "complex task"?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! :) We didn't have any teamwork stations. During our MMI information session the collaborative tasks were mentioned tho which makes me think they will be doing them. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Got an invite for Oct 20 in the form of an email which notified me of a status change on the MedOneStop page. I am not EDP. Those of you who have done the MMI at UCinn, do you remember any of the questions asked? Any other details on general format would be greatly appreciated.

yea i had the MMI EDP interview, they said they are doing MMI for all interviews now (and yes i got accepted this past tuesday!!!).. the questions are random situations and ask what you would do... Dr. Manuel explains taht you do NOT need ANY knowledge of the health care system and that the interview only tests for your communication skills. honestly it was very easy going and i prefer it over the typical 1on1

http://www.medicine.usask.ca/educat...i-information/Practice_MMI_Questions.pdf/view

This is one of the websites I used to prepare for the MMI. While the questions are different it's a good way to get your mind thinking about different situations. The questions we were asked were a similar format and the interviewers ask more detailed questions once you enter the room (so you don't have to prepare an 8 min speech for each question). You have 2 mins before entering the room to read the scenario and think about your response, then you have 8 mins with the interviewer.

Got an invite for Oct 20 in the form of an email which notified me of a status change on the MedOneStop page. I am not EDP. Those of you who have done the MMI at UCinn, do you remember any of the questions asked? Any other details on general format would be greatly appreciated.

May I ask when you were complete? Thanks.

I was invited as well for Oct 20th (Complete Aug 18th). Is that their first Interview day, and is anyone else going to be there? I'm really excited for this school.

so i was supposed to interview on october 20 but i rescheduled it for november 21.

Last edited:
I was invited as well for Oct 20th (Complete Aug 18th). Is that their first Interview day, and is anyone else going to be there? I'm really excited for this school.

I'm interviewing there tomorrow (MD only)

A couple days ago I got an interview invite for tomorrow. I was a little frazzled and had it rescheduled so I look forward to seeing the Nov. 21st ppl on interview day! I arrive at 10!!

Last edited:
A couple days ago I got an interview invite for tomorrow. I was a little frazzled and had it rescheduled so I look forward to seeing the Nov. 21st ppl on interview day! I arrive at 10!!

I'll be ther Nov 21st! But unfortunately I'll be there at 7:45 am!!! Who does that!!?!?!?!? Anything to be a doctor...

I'll be ther Nov 21st! But unfortunately I'll be there at 7:45 am!!! Who does that!!?!?!?!? Anything to be a doctor...

Congrats efitzpat, see you there!

Good luck you guys! Just remember to prepare for the MMI. It's a bit weird at first, but you eventually get the hang of it.

Also, I think you'll be really impressed with this school. I definitely was.

Has anyone received an interview invitation from the University of Cincinnati yet? I applied kind of early and I have yet to hear back from them. Just wondering if it was just me or if anyone else was in my situation.

I just got one, but I'm going to have to cancel it. Any one want to go in my place? They've never seen me, after all. lol

I was invited for November 17, but I think I am rescheduling for December 3rd. The info they give about question types deals with health care/ethics issues....so are we still saying that you don't have to have ANY knowledge of the health care system? Thanks!

They give you all the information you have to know to answer the question, but I felt more confident in the answers that I could elaborate more on bc I had some background on the subject. However there were issues that I didn't know much about and I felt like I could still form an opinion and answer the questions based on their info so I wouldn't worry. I would recommend reading about some current issues to get your mind thinking about how to analyze the tougher questions and to help you realize where you stand on some of the popular issues. Good luck :)

I'll see you Nov 21st ppl on interview day! The pressure is definitely lowered for me bc I got an acceptance to my first choice Ohio school today (OSU!!):D

Any body found how to stay with a student? The page with the info says its an option, but then doesn't say anything more. Does that mean there are no hosts for that day or should I call/email?

Also, How long is the day? After our MMIs (mine is 7:45 am) we do the talk and the tour, but anyone have an idea of how long those take?

Any body found how to stay with a student? The page with the info says its an option, but then doesn't say anything more. Does that mean there are no hosts for that day or should I call/email?

Also, How long is the day? After our MMIs (mine is 7:45 am) we do the talk and the tour, but anyone have an idea of how long those take?

You have to e-mail them and they will e-mail you back a few e-mails/options for staying with a student.

On the second point, it's a decently long, well-structured day. I think it was the most structured interview day I've attended. I started at 7:45 like you and I was done around 1ish. I got picked up at 1:30 and made a 3pm flight. GL.

I'll see you Nov 21st ppl on interview day! The pressure is definitely lowered for me bc I got an acceptance to my first choice Ohio school today (OSU!!):D

then why take th interview spot from an applicant that may actually go there :confused:

cincinnati is killing me...only ohio school i haven't heard from and it's my hometown!

I'm pretty sure Dr. Manual said they are only having 8 interview days...anyone know how many have passed?

suezyme: what did you like about OSU that placed it above Cincinnati?

So does this mean they don't ask any personal questions that pertain to your application, such as grades and activities? And just series of current events/hypothetical questions to assess your personality?

So does this mean they don't ask any personal questions that pertain to your application, such as grades and activities? And just series of current events/hypothetical questions to assess your personality?

You are correct. Except the prompt at one station was simply why you want to become a doctor. Other than that, there is no discussion of your application.

then why take th interview spot from an applicant that may actually go there :confused:

1) Because UC might offer her a merit-based scholarship
2) She may get more institutional grants from UC
3) She may be surprised by the school when she sees it.
4) Because she has every right to deliberately consider the options she's earned even if she's leaning toward one particular school.

cincinnati is killing me...only ohio school i haven't heard from and it's my hometown!

I'm pretty sure Dr. Manual said they are only having 8 interview days...anyone know how many have passed?

I can't imagine that it's only 8. They interview on Mondays and Fridays. That means they'd be done in a month. They're going to be interviewing into March. There's way more than 8 interview days.

they interview wednesdays too. mine is weds. dec 3

When I interviewed there they rattled off their near-term scheduel of interview days and ADCOM meetings. They may interview on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but they made it sound like they don't interview on all of these days every week.

They don't interview that many people and have about ~50 interviewees per interview day.

Hi, Im a long-time reader, first-time poster at SDN. I just got an interview invite to UC, scheduled for January 5th. I'm really psyched for the interview, especially b/c I'm an in-state resident.

I was complete mid-August, and just heard back today. I'm guessing that b/c of my low undergrad marks, my app got passed over until today. I'm very thankful for the interview, but I'm worried that my interview may be for a waitlist spot, because of the long wait b/t completion and notification. Just wondering if anyone has heard about the number of acceptances Cincy has given out already and/or if anyone is still waiting to interview like me and harbors the same sentiment.

I hear nothing but great things about Cincy (except the Bengals and the Reds..I'm a Browns/Cavs/Indians fan myself) and wish everyone the best of luck in their apps!

~600 interview spots
~300 acceptances

they interview quite a few on one day (both a morning and afternoon grp) and I know there have been at least 4-5 reg. interview days with 40+ each day.

But you are still very much in the running for an acceptance with a Jan. 5 interview. Good luck!

Hi, Im a long-time reader, first-time poster at SDN. I just got an interview invite to UC, scheduled for January 5th. I'm really psyched for the interview, especially b/c I'm an in-state resident.

I was complete mid-August, and just heard back today. I'm guessing that b/c of my low undergrad marks, my app got passed over until today. I'm very thankful for the interview, but I'm worried that my interview may be for a waitlist spot, because of the long wait b/t completion and notification. Just wondering if anyone has heard about the number of acceptances Cincy has given out already and/or if anyone is still waiting to interview like me and harbors the same sentiment.

I hear nothing but great things about Cincy (except the Bengals and the Reds..I'm a Browns/Cavs/Indians fan myself) and wish everyone the best of luck in their apps!

~600 interview spots
~300 acceptances

they interview quite a few on one day (both a morning and afternoon grp) and I know there have been at least 4-5 reg. interview days with 40+ each day.

But you are still very much in the running for an acceptance with a Jan. 5 interview. Good luck!

Thanks for the stats FLDoc, the relatively high interview/acceptance rate gives me a lot of hope. I'm probably worrying about this more than I should, I'm just trying to realistically scope out my situation for my chances this cycle. Hoooboy, I know I'm gonna overprepare for this baby...:scared:

Thanks for the stats FLDoc, the relatively high interview/acceptance rate gives me a lot of hope. I'm probably worrying about this more than I should, I'm just trying to realistically scope out my situation for my chances this cycle. Hoooboy, I know I'm gonna overprepare for this baby...:scared:

I wish you luck, but a big piece of advice. Don't prepare, because you really can't.. They will ask you NOTHING about your application, your experiences, your ECs, your grades/MCAT, etc. Also, none of the questions in the MMI required a prior, thorough understanding of health delivery systems, universal healthcare, or anything of that sort. On your interview invite webpage, they have a link to an article about MMI...read it and the sample questions on the webpage and you'll see what I mean. They want your view and opinion on medically and non-medically related situations and they want you to think on the spot, so by nature, you can't prepare for that. As cliche as it sounds, just be relaxed and say what comes to mind.

I doubt a Jan 5 interview is for the waitlist. Last year, I think the people who "interviewed for the waitlist" got their invites in late Feb, early March. From what I heard, they were pretty much the guinea pigs for trying out the MMI format. Not sure how many acceptances they've given out, but I have yet to see Cinci come up on the Rejection or Waitlist thread...

I was in for an interview on 12/12 along with about 40 others, and they said they were still evaluating a previous group (12/3) in the Adcom and would not be to our group until the 2nd or 3rd week of January (holiday break). Point being, there are about 100 people who have interviewed and not been reviewed, with about 140 or 150 of acceptances given out (this all according to an admissions dean who stressed how open they are with their information). He said they usually get up to 230/240 pre-May 15. So, there may not be a ton of spots, but if you give them a call they may give you an unusually straight answer about your chances. Regardless, they usually take 50-75 from their waitlist, though they cannot guarantee any number. These numbers may not be fully accurate as I was focusing on trying to stay awake during the presentation, but they should be ballpark.

I wish you luck, but a big piece of advice. Don't prepare, because you really can't.. They will ask you NOTHING about your application, your experiences, your ECs, your grades/MCAT, etc. Also, none of the questions in the MMI required a prior, thorough understanding of health delivery systems, universal healthcare, or anything of that sort. On your interview invite webpage, they have a link to an article about MMI...read it and the sample questions on the webpage and you'll see what I mean. They want your view and opinion on medically and non-medically related situations and they want you to think on the spot, so by nature, you can't prepare for that. As cliche as it sounds, just be relaxed and say what comes to mind.

I doubt a Jan 5 interview is for the waitlist. Last year, I think the people who "interviewed for the waitlist" got their invites in late Feb, early March. From what I heard, they were pretty much the guinea pigs for trying out the MMI format. Not sure how many acceptances they've given out, but I have yet to see Cinci come up on the Rejection or Waitlist thread...

Thanks for the advice PedsBro! Yea, i've heard similar things about the UC interview from the SDN "interview impressions" section. I guess I'll just have to prepare to not sound prepared? lol, best of luck with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.