2021-2022 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone on the waitlist heard any good news?
A bunch of ppl just joined the groupme today, if that means anything

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
still no WL movement from anyone? can anyone in the accepted students group confirm that?

still no WL movement from anyone? can anyone in the accepted students group confirm that?
I’m not sure if there has been waitlist movement or not, but the people who joined the GroupMe today seems to be MSTP students.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Was anyone able to get in contact with admissions to ask if they were going to use the alternate list this year? I tried calling but kept getting their voicemail.

Was anyone able to get in contact with admissions to ask if they were going to use the alternate list this year? I tried calling but kept getting their voicemail.
apparently the best way to contact them is through email

for those on WL the groupme has 154 members out of the 180 cincy takes, not sure if there's 30 waitlist spots or 30 people who don’t know about it but hopefully it's the latter!

Reactions: 1 users
the admissions office might also be really behind with everything rn because we just now got our drug test/background check info that was supposed to come out in early april lmao

the admissions office might also be really behind with everything rn because we just now got our drug test/background check info that was supposed to come out in early april lmao
This is the hope and optimism I needed to get through my Monday

for those on WL the groupme has 154 members out of the 180 cincy takes, not sure if there's 30 waitlist spots or 30 people who don’t know about it but hopefully it's the latter!
Hmm maybe half and half? I would love to go to Cincy if I had the option!

At what point do y'all think you will start to give up hope for any alternate list movement? I am still ~pretty~ hopeful, but I'm not sure when I should start to let it go!

Members don't see this ad :)
At what point do y'all think you will start to give up hope for any alternate list movement? I am still ~pretty~ hopeful, but I'm not sure when I should start to let it go!
Probably mid-June, although UC is known to always be slow. A common Cincinnati saying is "If the world were to end today, I would want to live in Cincinnati since we are always behind the trend"

I emailed admissions today and was given this response.

"At this time, we’ve made no offers from our alternate list and are not yet able to determine if or when that may occur. As you may remember from your interview day, we have experienced years where there has been no movement at all from our alternate list, and other years where there has been quite a bit. We encourage our applicants to continue to view their application status updates within their MedOneStop portal and we advise checking your email regularly."

Reactions: 3 users
Things are beginning to look a little less cashmoney 😵‍💫😵‍💫

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed admissions today and was given this response.

"At this time, we’ve made no offers from our alternate list and are not yet able to determine if or when that may occur. As you may remember from your interview day, we have experienced years where there has been no movement at all from our alternate list, and other years where there has been quite a bit. We encourage our applicants to continue to view their application status updates within their MedOneStop portal and we advise checking your email regularly."
I got the same response a few weeks ago too! Hoping they'll know soon :/ I think they're just behind and haven't even looked at accepting regular MD off of the waitlist. Didn't they say they expect to utilize the waitlist as much as they did last year? I'm gonna use that as my little sliver of hope this week!

there are also quite a few people in the groupme who were waiting to pay the fee because they were still on some waitlists, so there's definitely a chance some more spots open up!

hey guys just found this thread. I'm another tier 1 WL. Interviewed on 2/4 and got decision on 3/15. I've called 7 times over the past 2 weeks to ask questions and got voicemail every time. Sent an email 2 days ago asking about WL info and have not gotten a response yet. Has anyone gotten accepted off of waitlist yet? Starting to feeling really bummed and anxious. My husband starts a new job in Cincinnati next week and if I don't get accepted here it's going to affect his life too, not just mine. This whole waiting game is so frustrating 😣

hey guys just found this thread. I'm another tier 1 WL. Interviewed on 2/4 and got decision on 3/15. I've called 7 times over the past 2 weeks to ask questions and got voicemail every time. Sent an email 2 days ago asking about WL info and have not gotten a response yet. Has anyone gotten accepted off of waitlist yet? Starting to feeling really bummed and anxious. My husband starts a new job in Cincinnati next week and if I don't get accepted here it's going to affect his life too, not just mine. This whole waiting game is so frustrating 😣
I really really want to go to Cincy, but dang, you need an A at Cincy more than me. Good luck!

I sent them an email last week asking about WL and they responded yesterday with this:

“Thanks so much for reaching out! We are happy to provide as much detail as we can - we know that transparency is important and we completely understand that you are in the process of trying to make plans on your end – so THANK YOU so much in advance for hanging in there with us! We apologize for the delay.

At this time, we’ve made no offers from our alternate list and are not yet able to determine the likelihood of that happening. As you remember from your interview day, we have experienced years where there has been no movement at all from our alternate list, and other years where there has been quite a bit.

We’re happy to provide updates as time goes on – again, we recognize that this is a tough position for you to be in and we’re so sorry for that! In the meantime, we appreciate your continued interest. If you have additional updates that you would like to send, please do! We encourage you to upload those updates directly to your portal. Instructions on how to do so may be found at https://med.uc.edu/admissions/medical-student-admissions/how-to-apply.”

I asked a bunch of questions and they were unable to respond to any of them except for if there had been any waitlist movement so far.

Speaking as a previous victim of a Cincy cycle of no WL movement, it all worked out the next time around. It hurts right now but keep your heads up everyone :)

Looks like around 20 people left the Facebook. Maybe that means there is still hope?

Looks like around 20 people left the Facebook. Maybe that means there is still hope?
1654276549496.png

• Haha
Their class size is around 180 and there’s 179 in the group, so I’m still not feeling very hopeful
The last couple of years’ facebook groups were 230-270 people in the group if that gives you any hope! Not that facebook metrics are all that telling, but anything to keep the spirits up!

Not sure what to do. I have to commit to enroll (CTE) to my only other acceptance (Wright State) by 6/13 or else I’m withdrawn from their class. If I CTE at Wright State then I can’t remain on UC’s waitlist. But if I give up my spot at Wright State in the hopes of being accepted to UC, then I might not matriculate at all this year and have to go through application process again. I emailed admissions again about a week ago and am still waiting on a response. Anybody have any insight into what I should do? I really really really want to go to UC, but I don’t know if it’s worth having to re-apply to get in there

Not sure what to do. I have to commit to enroll (CTE) to my only other acceptance (Wright State) by 6/13 or else I’m withdrawn from their class. If I CTE at Wright State then I can’t remain on UC’s waitlist. But if I give up my spot at Wright State in the hopes of being accepted to UC, then I might not matriculate at all this year and have to go through application process again. I emailed admissions again about a week ago and am still waiting on a response. Anybody have any insight into what I should do? I really really really want to go to UC, but I don’t know if it’s worth having to re-apply to get in there
Im in the same exact boat actually lol. If we both end up commiting to boonshoft wanna be roomies?

Imma withdraw myself from the WL so in the end this doesn’t affect me but I’ll still throw in my 2 cents. The school I’m attending actually had a CTE of June 1st but I got an extension via asking admissions (waiting on Cincy) is that an option for Wright? (But def not worth it to reapply. If they can’t give you an extension take your spot at wright for sure)

Imma withdraw myself from the WL so in the end this doesn’t affect me but I’ll still throw in my 2 cents. The school I’m attending actually had a CTE of June 1st but I got an extension via asking admissions (waiting on Cincy) is that an option for Wright? (But def not worth it to reapply. If they can’t give you an extension take your spot at wright for sure)

Yeah I’m definitely going to ask for an extension. Would you mind sharing how you phrased your email asking for the extension? Were they pretty open to it, or did you have to go back and forth with them on it?

Im in the same exact boat actually lol. If we both end up commiting to boonshoft wanna be roomies?

Omg I’m so sorry this is happening to you too! But yes potentially! Would just have to work things out with my husband about it

Yeah I’m definitely going to ask for an extension. Would you mind sharing how you phrased your email asking for the extension? Were they pretty open to it, or did you have to go back and forth with them on it?
I just said something like “I’m waiting on some information from another program that is moving along slower than expected. I was wondering if I could have an extension to the CTE deadline in case things are not clear with this program by **the CTE date**. Please let me know if this is possible and how long an extension would be available “

They didn’t ask for any follow up and gave me a 2 week extension lol

Definitely ask for an extension. If none is given, or if the extension comes and goes, certainly CTE to Boonshoft. Congratulations on the acceptance.

Wanted to share that myself and 2 other people I know just got into other schools off waitlists and are withdrawing from UC, so I would ask for an extension because there could be some spots opening up soon! You could also email UC telling them about your CTE deadline and ask if it would be possible to receive a final admissions decision before then, I know people who did this at different schools and got in on time

Heard back from Wright State and they will not extend the CTE deadline, just an FYI for others in same situation as me. Emailed UC yesterday asking for admissions decision and have heard not anything yet. Do you guys think it would be inappropriate to reach out to the dean of UC? I don’t really know what else I can do at this point

GUYS!!! JUST GOT OFF OF THE WAITLIST!!! Received a phone call a few minutes ago. Thank you everyone for all of your help and advice. I wish the best of luck to all of the rest of you!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
wait seriously???? did they say that it was bc of your special case or are the actually starting to move through the WL??
GUYS!!! JUST GOT OFF OF THE WAITLIST!!! Received a phone call a few minutes ago. Thank you everyone for all of your help and advice. I wish the best of luck to all of the rest of you!

hmmm which tier of the waitlist were you?

Congrats!!! Did your MedOneStop Portal status also change?

I am so happy for you!!! Crossing my fingers for more calls!

Wow!!! Was honestly starting to lose hope. Now we just need some more calls to go out. I wonder if they did notice your email you had sent and decided to let you in ASAP so they wouldn't lose you? I don't know but either way that's awesome!

Omg congrats!!! So exciting for you and hopeful that this means more waitlist movement in the coming weeks?!? Once you’re added to the Facebook page or groupme can you let us know if there are others who recently got off the waitlist? Would be curious how many people have gotten off the waitlist this far.

So far I am the only one to join, but there has been 1 person to leave. So hopefully that means another seat will be opening up!