You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Cincinnati
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tsktsk28
Full Member
From what it says about being available May-June, I would guess May. Obviously I would prefer it to be now if they can see their class isn't full, but I doubt itDoes anyone know when they will begin making offers off of the alternate list?
tryingtobeadoc
Full Member
That’s what I thought too. But if you click the timeline in the application portal, it says that they start using the MD-PHD alternate list in May and the MD alternate list in June. Could anyone confirm if they don’t start using the MD alternate list until June?From what it says about being available May-June, I would guess May. Obviously I would prefer it to be now if they can see their class isn't full, but I doubt it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
See ya Jackie take care 🙂 B)Withdrew my A today homies.
Anyone thinking about submitting a letter of intent? I would for sure go if accepted but I'm not sure if they are even worth it/ they would look at it.
AgitatedSundae73
Full Member
since it says on the portal you can submit letters of interest I assume its worth a shot. With these ranked style waitlists tho I'm not sure how it works/if it means as muchAnyone thinking about submitting a letter of intent? I would for sure go if accepted but I'm not sure if they are even worth it/ they would look at it.
D
deleted964256
If any school accepts LOIs then definitely send one if they're your top choice. Not sure about the timing of sending one, but worst case scenario it doesn't help and best case scenario it could be the difference of getting an A. I didn't end up getting WL'd last cycle but I am pretty sure people discussed this in last year's thread.Anyone thinking about submitting a letter of intent? I would for sure go if accepted but I'm not sure if they are even worth it/ they would look at it.
phytoremediation
New Member
Withdrew A! Good luck everyone!
wannabedoc99
Full Member
Did other alternate list people see how on Cincinnati's website it says offers to MD applicants will be between June-August and MD/PhD between May-July. Is this different from previous years? Does it mean if we are MD only applicants on the alternate list, then we won't hear in May?
tsktsk28
Full Member
I saw that too and got worried, but I believe it's just poor wording because it says on the top of that chart that that is the deadline. I can't be 100% sure but they said to be available for communication in May, so I would go off of that (here's hoping to some good news next week!)Did other alternate list people see how on Cincinnati's website it says offers to MD applicants will be between June-August and MD/PhD between May-July. Is this different from previous years? Does it mean if we are MD only applicants on the alternate list, then we won't hear in May?
There must be someone out there as neurotic as I who will do itwho wants to take one for the team and call admissions to find out when waitlisted people will start to hear from them?
I read on the Cincy website that if you "Plan to Enroll" at another school, they will not offer you a waitlist spot. What percent of Tier 1 folks do you think "Planned to enroll" at other schools? If I don't have any acceptances does that make my chances better?
tsktsk28
Full Member
im in the same boat, tier 1 with 0 As, I'm hoping that puts us to the top of the top but i just wanna know WHEN theyll start pulling. im procrastinating starting my new app bc i have 2 WLs and trying to stay hopefulI read on the Cincy website that if you "Plan to Enroll" at another school, they will not offer you a waitlist spot. What percent of Tier 1 folks do you think "Planned to enroll" at other schools? If I don't have any acceptances does that make my chances better?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same with the 2 WL and nothing else haha. Do you think that calling admissions could somehow look bad on an applicant? Would that annoy them so much that they take you off the waitlist?im in the same boat, tier 1 with 0 As, I'm hoping that puts us to the top of the top but i just wanna know WHEN theyll start pulling. im procrastinating starting my new app bc i have 2 WLs and trying to stay hopeful
tsktsk28
Full Member
oh i doubt it, but i kinda am thinking of having my fiancé call for me juuuust in case lolSame with the 2 WL and nothing else haha. Do you think that calling admissions could somehow look bad on an applicant? Would that annoy them so much that they take you off the waitlist?
I believe everyone had to narrow down their “plan to enroll” to one school as of yesterday. If you select “commit to enroll” instead of “plan to enroll” then you will no longer be considered for UC waitlist.I read on the Cincy website that if you "Plan to Enroll" at another school, they will not offer you a waitlist spot. What percent of Tier 1 folks do you think "Planned to enroll" at other schools? If I don't have any acceptances does that make my chances better?
do it and you're cooloh i doubt it, but i kinda am thinking of having my fiancé call for me juuuust in case lol
tsktsk28
Full Member
i mean he's also desperate to know where he's gonna live in a few months loldo it and you're cool
I'm literally the exact same way. Wedding in June, no clue what's happening in July. yay.i mean he's also desperate to know where he's gonna live in a few months lol
If I had to guess, I would guess they will spend most of this week sorting through their acceptances and waitlist folks, and maybe send out some phone calls this Friday.
tsktsk28
Full Member
congrats! my wedding is in less than 3 weeks and i'm realizing that was maybe a recipe for disaster stress-wise. god i hope they start sending As soon, my other WL said they aren't starting until the 5thI'm literally the exact same way. Wedding in June, no clue what's happening in July. yay.
If I had to guess, I would guess they will spend most of this week sorting through their acceptances and waitlist folks, and maybe send out some phone calls this Friday.
Can you please find a link to that? I thought everyone with an acceptance was to "Plan to Enroll" at a school by May 2nd and drop all other acceptances. They really hold that against us?I read on the Cincy website that if you "Plan to Enroll" at another school, they will not offer you a waitlist spot. What percent of Tier 1 folks do you think "Planned to enroll" at other schools? If I don't have any acceptances does that make my chances better?
Choose Your Medical School (CYMS) | UC Cincinnati Medicine
This is the link, they don't offer acceptances to people how have selected "Commit to Enroll", they will still offer an acceptance to those who selected "Plan to Enroll" at another school.
This is the link, they don't offer acceptances to people how have selected "Commit to Enroll", they will still offer an acceptance to those who selected "Plan to Enroll" at another school.
wannabedoc99
Full Member
Do we think there will be anyone pulled from tier 2 this year? I'm on that tier with no other acceptance (one other WL but its a long shot)
For my sake I sure hope so, but I’m also worried that there seem to be more WL people (and way more T1) folks than normalDo we think there will be anyone pulled from tier 2 this year? I'm on that tier with no other acceptance (one other WL but its a long shot)
D
deleted964256
They hit tier 3 last year and accepted people until basically week of orientation. I would anticipate movement starting soon until late July. Unsure if they'll go as deep this year though given the number of Tier 1 folks.Do we think there will be anyone pulled from tier 2 this year? I'm on that tier with no other acceptance (one other WL but its a long shot)
tsktsk28
Full Member
update: he tried twice and got voicemail both times. office must be closed or somethingoh i doubt it, but i kinda am thinking of having my fiancé call for me juuuust in case lol
TisTheSeason25
Full Member
Just withdrew my application (WL Tier 1). Best of luck everyone!
GR_applicant
New Member
Anyone else checking this multiple times a day to see if there's been movement lol?! I'm WL Tier 1 and just posted a letter of intent to my application portal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wannabedoc99
Full Member
I had called Cincy early this spring and left a voicemail with a question, and they called me back a month later telling me the best way to reach them is via email - hope that helps!update: he tried twice and got voicemail both times. office must be closed or something
Do you mind me asking your stats? Are these scholarships based off your stats, or off your application as a whole?Kinda late but I received a merit-based scholarship last month the week after 4/15!
drangus3000
New Member
Has anyone heard if there’s been waitlist movement yet? I know they said it would start in May, so I assumed that meant the beginning of May. Although I guess movement could start anytime this month, or not at all.
3.9 & 519 but im sure it’s based off of my application as a whole!Do you mind me asking your stats? Are these scholarships based off your stats, or off your application as a whole?
iloveapplyingformedschool
New Member
Do we think they're still sticking to the mondays and tuesdays for calling out with acceptances? Or is waitlist time now just random?
DuckyxPatrol
Full Member
Hard to tell, has there been any movement since the start of may?Do we think they're still sticking to the mondays and tuesdays for calling out with acceptances? Or is waitlist time now just random?
As far as I can tell, no one has been pulled off the wait list yet. Fingers crossed!Hard to tell, has there been any movement since the start of may?
wannabedoc99
Full Member
When does movement usually start at Cincinnati? Later in May?
tsktsk28
Full Member
according to the last two years' threads, may 13/15 so i would guess next week? hopefully? i'm dying in waitWhen does movement usually start at Cincinnati? Later in May?
I went back to read it, and the first wait list movement was 2 folks from tier 2. Kind of interesting. Does anyone know what the tiers really mean?according to the last two years' threads, may 13/15 so i would guess next week? hopefully? i'm dying in wait
tsktsk28
Full Member
two possibilities: 1. people didnt post when they got the call or 2. people on tier 1 had already CTE'd at another school. just guessing thoughI went back to read it, and the first wait list movement was 2 folks from tier 2. Kind of interesting. Does anyone know what the tiers really mean?
From looking at previous year's threads it almost seems like they changed their tier system. In years prior Tier 1 was reserved for people who would have been accepted but the class was full, and it was rarely if ever used from year to year. Fast forward to this year and we have at least 9-10 people on Tier 1 (those who posted to SDN), so I worry that they maybe switched their waitlist to a more traditional one where Tier 1 is now the start of the "true" waitlist instead of Tier 2.I went back to read it, and the first wait list movement was 2 folks from tier 2. Kind of interesting. Does anyone know what the tiers really mean?
tryingtobeadoc
Full Member
I emailed the admissions a couple of months ago and they said that they expect to utilize the waitlist as much as they did last year, so hopefully that means we still have a shot!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, greetings. I have a request to those who attend university of Cincinnati medical school or who have more knowledge about the school. Planning to apply this cycle with a clear focus on getting into some specialization within pediatrics, can you guys provide some information about this school’s curriculum, facilities, anything unique about this school and the residency at their children’s hospital? Basically I request this information to write “why us?” essay. I know Cincinnati has a highly rated pediatrics program but I couldn’t find any specific information about their program. Thank you in advance.
D
deleted964256
If you're very focused on pediatrics, all you really need to know is that CCHMC is consistently a top 3 pediatrics hospital in the country. I recommend discussing why you're interested in pediatrics and how you would use the resources that CCHMC would provide to you. You could discuss research, of which there is a lot that is conducted in children's. I personally don't believe the specifics of their pediatrics residency is important for your medical school application, just that the hospital in general is highly regarded and thus has a lot of funding for research and opportunities for seeing a lot of different types of pediatric patients.Hi, greetings. I have a request to those who attend university of Cincinnati medical school or who have more knowledge about the school. Planning to apply this cycle with a clear focus on getting into some specialization within pediatrics, can you guys provide some information about this school’s curriculum, facilities, anything unique about this school and the residency at their children’s hospital? Basically I request this information to write “why us?” essay. I know Cincinnati has a highly rated pediatrics program but I couldn’t find any specific information about their program. Thank you in advance.
Great information. Thank you.If you're very focused on pediatrics, all you really need to know is that CCHMC is consistently a top 3 pediatrics hospital in the country. I recommend discussing why you're interested in pediatrics and how you would use the resources that CCHMC would provide to you. You could discuss research, of which there is a lot that is conducted in children's. I personally don't believe the specifics of their pediatrics residency is important for your medical school application, just that the hospital in general is highly regarded and thus has a lot of funding for research and opportunities for seeing a lot of different types of pediatric patients.
wannabedoc99
Full Member
Has anyone on the waitlist heard any good news?
A bunch of ppl just joined the groupme today, if that means anythingHas anyone on the waitlist heard any good news?