2019-2020 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows how long the interview day last. I'm trying to book my return flight, and I want to make sure I'll have enough time to make my flight after the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows how long the interview day last. I'm trying to book my return flight, and I want to make sure I'll have enough time to make my flight after the interview.
Interview day was done around 1300 if I'm remembering right

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hello Everyone,
When I interviewed there were morning and afternoon groups. I think there is a schedule posted on the website under the link for interview day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,
I was in the afternoon group and we were not done until around 5:30pm

Reactions: 2 users
Hello Everyone,
Here is the info from the admissions office website:
Interview Day Schedule
Check-in times are posted on your personal MedOneStop status page at www.MedOneStop.uc.edu. If you have a 7:40 AM check-in, you will be finished by 1:15 PM. If you have an 11:30 AM or 12:00 PM check-in, you will be finished by 5:25 PM. You will not be able to check in prior to your stated time. However, if you happen to arrive early, please know that some of our current MedCats will be on hand 10-15 minutes prior to your check-in time to meet you and welcome you to Cincinnati Medicine. Once you check in, you will receive your interview schedule and UCCOM information. There will also be a secure locked closet to store your luggage and any other personal belongings.

Thank you everyone for your responses, they are very much appreciated!

the next tuesday for admissions calls would be Dec 24th, you think they’d do them that day or would we have to wait another 1-2 weeks

the next tuesday for admissions calls would be Dec 24th, you think they’d do them that day or would we have to wait another 1-2 weeks
I don't really expect them to meet on Dec 23 for admissions stuff, and, as eager as I am for a (hopefully positive) decision, I would hope they all enjoy their winter break and holidays with family etc.

I did look through last year's thread and they did have back to back weeks of decisions right before winter break so it's POSSIBLE that they could choose to do so again this year, but I'm thinking more likely we'll hear in January.

Waiting sucks, but I'd rather wait than adcoms force themselves to come in days before Xmas and have to evaluate us when they just wanna be free haha. And I do appreciate that they spend however much time is needed on each decision rather than just haphazardly making decisions that could impact our whole futures.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't really expect them to meet on Dec 23 for admissions stuff, and, as eager as I am for a (hopefully positive) decision, I would hope they all enjoy their winter break and holidays with family etc.

I did look through last year's thread and they did have back to back weeks of decisions right before winter break so it's POSSIBLE that they could choose to do so again this year, but I'm thinking more likely we'll hear in January.

Waiting sucks, but I'd rather wait than adcoms force themselves to come in days before Xmas and have to evaluate us when they just wanna be free haha. And I do appreciate that they spend however much time is needed on each decision rather than just haphazardly making decisions that could impact our whole futures.
I just looked at last years thread and it looks like they sent out responses on Tuesday 12/11, and then the next Tuesday 12/18 and Thursday 12/20.. maybe they will do something like that again this year

Hey guys!
I just got my first interview invite here today. However, they only have 2 interview dates left. the 18th, which I can't attend as I have a final on that day that I would not be able to make up, and Jan 14th. There are currently no open spots on the 14th. Kinda heartbroken that this is the only interview I have and I may not even be able to interview here.

Any tips?

Hey guys!
I just got my first interview invite here today. However, they only have 2 interview dates left. the 18th, which I can't attend as I have a final on that day that I would not be able to make up, and Jan 14th. There are currently no open spots on the 14th. Kinda heartbroken that this is the only interview I have and I may not even be able to interview here.

Any tips?

I would email both the admissions office and your professor to see if at least one of them can accommodate you.

Hey guys!

Any tips?
Remember they want to make a good impression too. I'm sure they'll accommodate this sort of thing. Emailing the admissions office of, better yet, calling them, would probably resolve this.

They did put me on a standby list for the 14th but idk how likely it is that I get off the list and be able to interview

Members don't see this ad :)
They did put me on a standby list for the 14th but idk how likely it is that I get off the list and be able to interview
I'm sure UC is doing their best but they can't exactly create extra spots since the number of interviewees needs to match up with the MMI stations. But maybe someone with an interview slot on the 14th will get an acceptance somewhere they like better and drop their interview? I would ask your professor if they can accommodate a new testing date just to be safe and respectfully explain how big of a deal this is for your future

lmao low chance but if anyone here is scheduled to interview the 14th and is able to interview december 18th instead please let me know :(((

Anyone know how late they offer interviews from past years? Or are the two dates that VaishS mentioned the last II dates this cycle?

They told me those two dates were the last dates in the cycle

• Wow
oof getting an II and then not being able to interview is def worse than a straight up R. and I have a final in an hour that I def won't be able to focus on now. rip me

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
oof getting an II and then not being able to interview is def worse than a straight up R. and I have a final in an hour that I def won't be able to focus on now. rip me

I would definitely reach out to the prof, and if he won't let you take the final at a later date, ask if you can take it before. Wishing you the best of luck.

prof is sticking to the syllabus and saying no make ups for anything other than a medical emergency so if I took the interview slot I would be failing the class (which btw is a graduation requirement)

but thank you for the wishes!! :)

• Sad
prof is sticking to the syllabus and saying no make ups for anything other than a medical emergency so if I took the interview slot I would be failing the class (which btw is a graduation requirement)

Even after you emailed them about this? What a jerk!

They won’t let you take it early?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s ridiculous.. Does your school have an office of accessibility services or something to that effect? Surely they can reason with your professor to make them see that this interview is pivotal to your future... Good luck @VaishS ):

They told me those two dates were the last dates in the cycle
so then i'm guessing if we haven't heard any response at all since submitting our 2ndary so far, then our chances are pretty nil?

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when scholarship info will be released? I was accepted on Oct 15, and I haven't heard anything

Does anyone know when scholarship info will be released? I was accepted on Oct 15, and I haven't heard anything

Curious about this as well. I thought during my interview day they said November, but it was their first day of interviews so that may have changed.

They made calls about merit scholarships last Tuesday, not sure about any other dates that they have notified/will notify others though

I know the financial aid information is due on Feb 15th so Im guessing after that.

alternate list, tier 3 what do the tiers mean?
There are, if I recall, 4 tiers: tier 1: accepted; 2. Waitlist; 3. Also waitlist but lower; 4. Rejected. Sorry if that’s not super encouraging, it’s a hard school, I’m sure you’re a good candidate.

Does UCinci not send pre-II R’s? I haven’t heard anything back and saw on this thread that they already booked people for their last few interview dates. I was thinking about sending an update letter cuz my publication got accepted, is this not worth it anymore?

If we need to reschedule, do we still have to hit accept on the date they gave us ?
I'd just email them, but you might not have any other options since I think they're nearing the last of the dates available....

Hello, any current students able to speak about MSSP? I imagine it is pretty competitive but seems like a really great opportunity for someone if they have a strong idea of the specialty their interested in...

More specifically I'm wondering if prior research experience is necessary to get accepted, since that's one thing I'm sorely lacking. Interested in Peds or Psych if that makes any difference

I just got the Certiphi email. I wanted to let people know so you can check your spam folders in case you're not seeing it. Mine was in my normal inbox, but spam filters can work funny for different people. UC is my only acceptance so far, so I'm assuming it's because of them.

Edit -- You're going to need 25 years of residence history, so be ready. If you're not 25 yet, you can put no residence for the missing timeframe. Unfortunately, I'm a nontrad a good bit past 25, so I'm trying to dig through old records.

Last edited:
II today for next week! I'm going to guess that someone withdrew their app so thanks anonymous person :)

II today for next week! I'm going to guess that someone withdrew their app so thanks anonymous person :)
I doubt someone withdrew! Cincy doesnt normally give much notice cause their sexy and they know it

• Haha
I doubt someone withdrew! Cincy doesnt normally give much notice cause their sexy and they know it

Ahaha I can believe that! I was basing it on a post I saw earlier on this thread - someone was put on a waitlist trying to switch their interview to the 14th, since it was full (and that there is only 1 interview day left after this one? Not sure). Either way I'm very happy, even with the short notice!

Ahaha I can believe that! I was basing it on a post I saw earlier on this thread - someone was put on a waitlist trying to switch their interview to the 14th, since it was full (and that there is only 1 interview day left after this one? Not sure). Either way I'm very happy, even with the short notice!
Well Congrats!!! You will love it! I think I only got a one week notice and I'm OOS and interviewed in Sept.