2021-2022 Cincinnati

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Tier 1 alt list, interviewed early Feb
Welcome to the club. Based on this thread there are a ton of Tier 1 folks, waaaaay more than previous years. I thin that they must have changed the policies at Cincy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received any emails about the April 8-9 second look? I was accepted Monday and I saw a page about it on the website but I don't see any way to register or anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any emails about the April 8-9 second look? I was accepted Monday and I saw a page about it on the website but I don't see any way to register or anything
Yes I received an email about it last Friday with a link to register. You’ll probably get an email eventually too, but if you don’t get one within the next few weeks you can probably email admissions about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Do they release decisions every Monday?
It's every other Monday and Tuesday. Since decisions were released last week, I don't expect the next set to come out until next week.

Adding to the pre-II R list. Don’t understand why I needed to log in to their secure portal and change my password again just to view an R…

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My internet is too slow for me to access my portal rn but apparently not SDN! Presuming the email I just got was a pre-II R. GL everyone!

• Care
pre-II R (i’m assuming) - not going to check the portal lol, good luck ppl!

• Care
I filled out the google form for the second look registration. Has anyone got a follow-up/confirmation email after?

Interviewed on 02/16 and got the call yesterday!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
oof just checked the portal, tier 1 waitlisted

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Thinking about starting a Cincinnati Tier 1 WL support group

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
oof just checked the portal, tier 1 waitlisted
+1
I wanted to feel good about it but it seems like there's a TON of people on Tier 1 this year...not sure if they changed their Alt List system but I hope we still have a good shot at getting in 🤞

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
How are there so many of us on Tier 1? If we’re meant to be the waiting room for an acceptance, it makes me question the number of acceptances they’ve given so far. They must’ve offered barely enough to fill the class because this waiting room is crowded
It seems that they are using a different tier system this year. According to past threads they have switched up their waitlist rules twice in the past 5 years, and it looks like they switched it again for this cycle.

Does anyone know at what point in the cycle they started putting people on tier 1?
February 15th is the first decision date that had people reporting tier 1 waitlist, and every two weeks since more has been added to the list

Honestly I am losing my mind. “Cincy Tier 1” is my best shot at getting into school this cycle, and I honestly thought that it would be a big deal to be on that tier. It seems like maybe it’s not a very sure option….

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard back about bringing a guest to second look? My fiancé and I are looking at housing in Cinci and he will be with me.. I emailed admissions twice asking if he was allowed to attend and got no reply.. :(

Has anyone heard back about bringing a guest to second look? My fiancé and I are looking at housing in Cinci and he will be with me.. I emailed admissions twice asking if he was allowed to attend and got no reply.. :(
I was wondering the same thing. Lmk if they respond!

I was just rereading the confirmation email and it states Fridays dinner is for “accepted students only” and all of Saturday is for “accepted students only” but doesn’t say anything about the earlier events Friday, including the tour and all of the presentations. I guess we will not be attending Saturdays events at all because we will be traveling together. I realize they probably have to keep guest counts low, but I’m feeling a little bummed!

Someone on GroupMe said that they asked admissions and they were told that no guests were allowed due to COVID restrictions.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten into the Facebook group recently? I had to make a new fb account to get in and asked for entry last week but have gotten nothing since.

Also, yes, I emailed admissions and there are no guests allowed at all. Really unfortunate.

Has anyone gotten into the Facebook group recently? I had to make a new fb account to get in and asked for entry last week but have gotten nothing since.

Also, yes, I emailed admissions and there are no guests allowed at all. Really unfortunate.
Same here

Is your FB name the same as the name you used on your app? Someone had issues getting in because their FB name was a nick-name. Names need to match up because they only let accepted students in

Is your FB name the same as the name you used on your app? Someone had issues getting in because their FB name was a nick-name. Names need to match up because they only let accepted students in
My name matches my aamc application, I’m assuming they just haven’t looked at it recently.

anyone know when we should hear back about Financial Aid?

Anyone get any A's or WL's yesterday? According to their biweekly schedule they should have released some more decisions, unless they are done for the cycle.

Received my financial aid award letter today. So I am withdrawing my acceptance, good luck to all of you who remain in the waitlist game!!

• Care
Does anyone know the process for uploading/submitting letters of interest post waitlist? Happy with my other offers but Cincy would be SO much more affordable. Can't seem to figure out if its worth it for Tier/if they even accept them

Received my financial aid award letter today. So I am withdrawing my acceptance, good luck to all of you who remain in the waitlist game!!
Probably same tbh. :cryi: I really liked this school

Does anyone know the process for uploading/submitting letters of interest post waitlist? Happy with my other offers but Cincy would be SO much more affordable. Can't seem to figure out if its worth it for Tier/if they even accept them
I think there still should be a link active on MedStop for you to upload it. Click on your Application Status Page

• Love
Also received my financial aid letter. Did anyone qualify for need based aid or the UC loan? I’m quite surprised I didn’t qualify for either… my estimated family/self contribution is well below $1000. I have always qualified for need based aid in undergrad (and I recognize it’s not the same, but have gotten pell grant previously) but I feel a bit disappointed to not even qualify for the interest free loan.

Just got the award letter but will likely wait until April 30th to withdraw my acceptance, I was really hoping for a scholarship :/ has anyone received any form of merit scholarship? I thought they were more common but I haven’t heard of anyone getting it.

Last edited:
Also received my financial aid letter. Did anyone qualify for need based aid or the UC loan? I’m quite surprised I didn’t qualify for either… my estimated family/self contribution is well below $1000. I have always qualified for need based aid in undergrad (and I recognize it’s not the same, but have gotten pell grant previously) but I feel a bit disappointed to not even qualify for the interest free loan.
Just got the award letter but will likely wait until April 30th to withdraw my acceptance, I was really hoping for a scholarship :/ has anyone received any form of merit scholarship? I thought they were more common but I haven’t heard of anyone getting it.
Also received my financial aid letter today and was surprised as well. Did not qualify for need-based aid, merit-based, or the interest-free loan. At Second Look they said that about 100 get merit-based scholarships. I was at least hoping for the interest-free loan. Will probably be withdrawing my A here too.

Also received my financial aid letter today and was surprised as well. Did not qualify for need-based aid, merit-based, or the interest-free loan. At Second Look they said that about 100 get merit-based scholarships. I was at least hoping for the interest-free loan. Will probably be withdrawing my A here too.

I was also just hoping for the interest free loan, but am really appreciative to have gotten a merit scholarship. To be honest, I’m pretty certain all merit based aid went out about a month prior to second look, and had to be accepted separately from the letters that went out today. When I attended the financial aid presentation for our group at second look he was pretty straightforward that the odds of receiving merit aid were pretty low at that point if an offer hadn’t been received. I don’t think it is 100 students who receive them, because that’s more than half the class.. he said that most students do not receive merit aid, and made it seem as though very few merit awards went out.

I didn't receive any financial aid info today but was fortunate to be given a merit scholarship. I received it the same week of second look ironically. If I remember correctly from the financial aid presentation, they hadn't given out all of the merit scholarships yet. Also, another point to consider is that not everyone who receives a merit scholarship will commit and logically they would be given to another applicant.

c
I didn't receive any financial aid info today but was fortunate to be given a merit scholarship. I received it the same week of second look ironically. If I remember correctly from the financial aid presentation, they hadn't given out all of the merit scholarships yet. Also, another point to consider is that not everyone who receives a merit scholarship will commit and logically they would be given to another applicant.
can you give a range of what your merit aids falls between? Cause if its anything close to this need-based aid I will go ahead and withdraw.