Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Welcome to the club. Based on this thread there are a ton of Tier 1 folks, waaaaay more than previous years. I thin that they must have changed the policies at CincyTier 1 alt list, interviewed early Feb
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Welcome to the club. Based on this thread there are a ton of Tier 1 folks, waaaaay more than previous years. I thin that they must have changed the policies at CincyTier 1 alt list, interviewed early Feb
Did anyone ever start one? I've been waiting five days to be let into the FB groupSame thing happened to me, would anyone be interested in starting a GroupMe?
Did anyone ever start one? I've been waiting five days to be let into the FB group
Yes I received an email about it last Friday with a link to register. You’ll probably get an email eventually too, but if you don’t get one within the next few weeks you can probably email admissions about it.Has anyone received any emails about the April 8-9 second look? I was accepted Monday and I saw a page about it on the website but I don't see any way to register or anything
It's every other Monday and Tuesday. Since decisions were released last week, I don't expect the next set to come out until next week.Do they release decisions every Monday?
+1Pre-II R
I haven’t gotten anything yetI filled out the google form for the second look registration. Has anyone got a follow-up/confirmation email after?
I filled out the google form for the second look registration. Has anyone got a follow-up/confirmation email after?
Me neitherI haven’t gotten anything yet
same here :')oof just checked the portal, tier 1 waitlisted
+1oof just checked the portal, tier 1 waitlisted
It seems that they are using a different tier system this year. According to past threads they have switched up their waitlist rules twice in the past 5 years, and it looks like they switched it again for this cycle.How are there so many of us on Tier 1? If we’re meant to be the waiting room for an acceptance, it makes me question the number of acceptances they’ve given so far. They must’ve offered barely enough to fill the class because this waiting room is crowded
February 15th is the first decision date that had people reporting tier 1 waitlist, and every two weeks since more has been added to the listDoes anyone know at what point in the cycle they started putting people on tier 1?
I was wondering the same thing. Lmk if they respond!Has anyone heard back about bringing a guest to second look? My fiancé and I are looking at housing in Cinci and he will be with me.. I emailed admissions twice asking if he was allowed to attend and got no reply.. 🙁
I was just rereading the confirmation email and it states Fridays dinner is for “accepted students only” and all of Saturday is for “accepted students only” but doesn’t say anything about the earlier events Friday, including the tour and all of the presentations. I guess we will not be attending Saturdays events at all because we will be traveling together. I realize they probably have to keep guest counts low, but I’m feeling a little bummed!I was wondering the same thing. Lmk if they respond!
Has anyone heard back about bringing a guest to second look? My fiancé and I are looking at housing in Cinci and he will be with me.. I emailed admissions twice asking if he was allowed to attend and got no reply.. 🙁
Someone on GroupMe said that they asked admissions and they were told that no guests were allowed due to COVID restrictions.I was wondering the same thing. Lmk if they respond!
Same hereHas anyone gotten into the Facebook group recently? I had to make a new fb account to get in and asked for entry last week but have gotten nothing since.
Also, yes, I emailed admissions and there are no guests allowed at all. Really unfortunate.
Is your FB name the same as the name you used on your app? Someone had issues getting in because their FB name was a nick-name. Names need to match up because they only let accepted students inHas anyone gotten into the Facebook group recently? I had to make a new fb account to get in and asked for entry last week but have gotten nothing since.
Also, yes, I emailed admissions and there are no guests allowed at all. Really unfortunate.
My name matches my aamc application, I’m assuming they just haven’t looked at it recently.Is your FB name the same as the name you used on your app? Someone had issues getting in because their FB name was a nick-name. Names need to match up because they only let accepted students in
I believe we’re supposed to hear from the financial office by April 15anyone know when we should hear back about Financial Aid?
Probably same tbh. 😢 I really liked this schoolReceived my financial aid award letter today. So I am withdrawing my acceptance, good luck to all of you who remain in the waitlist game!!
I think there still should be a link active on MedStop for you to upload it. Click on your Application Status PageDoes anyone know the process for uploading/submitting letters of interest post waitlist? Happy with my other offers but Cincy would be SO much more affordable. Can't seem to figure out if its worth it for Tier/if they even accept them
Also received my financial aid letter. Did anyone qualify for need based aid or the UC loan? I’m quite surprised I didn’t qualify for either… my estimated family/self contribution is well below $1000. I have always qualified for need based aid in undergrad (and I recognize it’s not the same, but have gotten pell grant previously) but I feel a bit disappointed to not even qualify for the interest free loan.
Also received my financial aid letter today and was surprised as well. Did not qualify for need-based aid, merit-based, or the interest-free loan. At Second Look they said that about 100 get merit-based scholarships. I was at least hoping for the interest-free loan. Will probably be withdrawing my A here too.Just got the award letter but will likely wait until April 30th to withdraw my acceptance, I was really hoping for a scholarship :/ has anyone received any form of merit scholarship? I thought they were more common but I haven’t heard of anyone getting it.
Also received my financial aid letter today and was surprised as well. Did not qualify for need-based aid, merit-based, or the interest-free loan. At Second Look they said that about 100 get merit-based scholarships. I was at least hoping for the interest-free loan. Will probably be withdrawing my A here too.
I didn't receive any financial aid info today but was fortunate to be given a merit scholarship. I received it the same week of second look ironically. If I remember correctly from the financial aid presentation, they hadn't given out all of the merit scholarships yet. Also, another point to consider is that not everyone who receives a merit scholarship will commit and logically they would be given to another applicant.Just got the award letter but will likely wait until April 30th to withdraw my acceptance, I was really hoping for a scholarship :/ has anyone received any form of merit scholarship? I thought they were more common but I haven’t heard of anyone getting it.
can you give a range of what your merit aids falls between? Cause if its anything close to this need-based aid I will go ahead and withdraw.I didn't receive any financial aid info today but was fortunate to be given a merit scholarship. I received it the same week of second look ironically. If I remember correctly from the financial aid presentation, they hadn't given out all of the merit scholarships yet. Also, another point to consider is that not everyone who receives a merit scholarship will commit and logically they would be given to another applicant.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.