2012-2013 Medical College of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Small Pooled almost a month ago (8/22), IS, and no II yet......slightly worried. Anyone else been in the pool this long without an invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
Small Pooled almost a month ago (8/22), IS, and no II yet......slightly worried. Anyone else been in the pool this long without an invite?

I was small pooled on 8/24 and no II yet.

I don't think anyone has received IIs. Relax, I haven't even been small pooled.

I was small pooled on 8/24 and no II yet.

+2 Small Pooled 8/22, IS, no II. However, what I keep reminding myself is that MCW does larger interviews less often, so we are not going to hear from them as consistently as other schools (for instance UMich is about killing me every TTh). Keep the faith! :luck:

I don't think anyone has received IIs. Relax, I haven't even been small pooled.
as the above poster said, the first interviews went out about 2 weeks ago

that being said, don't panic. i was small pooled in october last year and still got an interview eventually. being IS helps too, good luck!

TODAY YOU'RE IS LUCKY DAY! HELLO SIR. I AM NIGERIAN CROWN PRINCE SECOND (2ND) BROTHER. MY NAME IS Ikyechukwu Utaqueefo. I HAD SECRETLY TAKEN THE AMOUNT OF US DOLLAR 8.200.000 (8.2 MILLION DOLLAR AMERICAN) FROM MY BROTHER (2ND). I NEED YOU'RE HELP TO TAKE THIS MONIES OUT OF MY COUNTRY. YOU CAN KEEP US DOLLAR 2.000.000 (2.0 MILLION DOLLAR AMERICAN) FOR YOU'RE ASSISTANCE! PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY ASAP BEFORE MY BROTHER (2ND) CATCH ME AND EXILE ME INTO THE JUNGLE. THANK YOU.

I feel like this is reddit worthy :thumbup:

How long did it take you guys to be marked as complete? I've had everything submitted for 6 days now but my status hasn't changed...

How long did it take you guys to be marked as complete? I've had everything submitted for 6 days now but my status hasn't changed...

The admissions office is really helpful. I called them because I had the same issue and they marked me as complete. I guess maybe they'd overlooked something the first time. And, don't do email because that took about 2 weeks for a response, just call

Members don't see this ad :)
TODAY YOU'RE IS LUCKY DAY! HELLO SIR. I AM NIGERIAN CROWN PRINCE SECOND (2ND) BROTHER. MY NAME IS Ikyechukwu Utaqueefo. I HAD SECRETLY TAKEN THE AMOUNT OF US DOLLAR 8.200.000 (8.2 MILLION DOLLAR AMERICAN) FROM MY BROTHER (2ND). I NEED YOU'RE HELP TO TAKE THIS MONIES OUT OF MY COUNTRY. YOU CAN KEEP US DOLLAR 2.000.000 (2.0 MILLION DOLLAR AMERICAN) FOR YOU'RE ASSISTANCE! PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY ASAP BEFORE MY BROTHER (2ND) CATCH ME AND EXILE ME INTO THE JUNGLE. THANK YOU.

lolololol this is significantly better than the spam emails I get. like NO WAY, a Nigerian king wants to give me his fortune, all he needs is for me to email him my financial information, talk about luck!

The admissions office is really helpful. I called them because I had the same issue and they marked me as complete. I guess maybe they'd overlooked something the first time. And, don't do email because that took about 2 weeks for a response, just call

thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow then :)

as the above poster said, the first interviews went out about 2 weeks ago

that being said, don't panic. i was small pooled in october last year and still got an interview eventually. being IS helps too, good luck!

I must have missed that storm of IIs. Congrats on getting one!

was just placed in the small pool, I'm OOS but does everyone that gets an interview put in this bunch at some point? BTW the email was slightly confusing, they said I'll get an interview based off the strength of my application BUT they will not review my application any further until I get offered an interview...slightly confusing?

was just placed in the small pool, I'm OOS but does everyone that gets an interview put in this bunch at some point? BTW the email was slightly confusing, they said I'll get an interview based off the strength of my application BUT they will not review my application any further until I get offered an interview...slightly confusing?

Yes to the first question. They only offer interviews to applicants who have been placed in the small pool.

Maybe for the second part they're just asking small pooled applicants to not email them about re-reviewing their application again since the committee already reviewed (and maybe rated everyone?) it to place them into the small pool.

Anyone know how often they usually send out batches of II's??

Congrats on being small-pooled, Badger. Mind sharing when you were complete and the date they had your letters? Thanks!

Nothing to see here folks :)

Last edited:
very excited for this interview Friday! according to their facebook admissions page they will be having catered Panera... this sounds amazing to me.

very excited for this interview Friday! according to their facebook admissions page they will be having catered Panera... this sounds amazing to me.
Best of luck for you! Hope you like the changes between this year and last year. (100% new Form & Function Lab, remodeled CMUTS area, in-process 2nd floor study lounge area, and the new Discovery classroom.) The M1s just finished our first block exams, so your coming at a great time.

If I haven't been small pooled by now, I was probably passed over?

I'm writing a LOI after being small-pooled. My instinct is to address it to Ms. Haluzak because she's the director of admissions and signed the small-pool letter. Anyone have any advice or suggestions? Has anyone done this or have any idea if MCW is receptive to LOIs? Thanks :)

Best of luck for you! Hope you like the changes between this year and last year. (100% new Form & Function Lab, remodeled CMUTS area, in-process 2nd floor study lounge area, and the new Discovery classroom.) The M1s just finished our first block exams, so your coming at a great time.
Thanks! Yeah it feels like such a short time ago that I was just there, should be interesting to see what/if any changes there are in the interview day

Hello all,

My MCW Secondary noted the following: "Certified Sep 6 2012 8:42AM"

I am still waiting to hear for an interview invitation (~3 wks later).

Anyone else get invited yet?

Hello all,

My MCW Secondary noted the following: "Certified Sep 6 2012 8:42AM"

I am still waiting to hear for an interview invitation (~3 wks later).

Anyone else get invited yet?
Have you been "small pooled" yet?.. and the first interview day is this Friday. After you get small pooled you could receive an intervoew right away, after a few months or never

This could get confusing on Friday. They do call us up by avatar name, right?

So if you had some time to kill and wanted to drive around Milwaukee in order to scope it out, where would you go (or not go)?

...totally hypothetical...

Have you been "small pooled" yet?.. and the first interview day is this Friday. After you get small pooled you could receive an intervoew right away, after a few months or never
I am unaware of "small pooled". Am I notified of that?
What is it?

Thanks!

I am unaware of "small pooled". Am I notified of that?
What is it?

Thanks!

You'll get this email:

The committee has completed its initial review of your application. It has been moved to a pool of applicants who potentially will be invited to interview with us. That pool is still much larger than our interview schedule can accommodate. Candidates are selected from this smaller pool to receive an interview invitation on the basis of strength of credentials and completion date of application. If and when we get to your application in this process we will be happy to email you an invitation. Any further review of your application will occur only if you are interviewed.

You'll get this email:

:confused::confused:

I received this one

The committee has completed its initial review of your application. Your application has been moved to a high priority pool of applicants that will most likely, although not guaranteed, be invited to interview with us. Candidates are selected from this smaller pool to receive an interview invitation on the basis of strength of credentials and completion date of application. When we get to your application in this process we will be happy to email you an invitation. Any further review of your application will occur only if you are interviewed

3Dwrinklyface.jpg

Last edited:
The phrasing of this sentence is grammatically incorrect:

The committee has completed its initial review of your application. Your application has been moved to a high priority pool of applicants that will most likely, although not guaranteed, be invited to interview with us. Candidates are selected from this smaller pool to receive an interview invitation on the basis of strength of credentials and completion date of application. When we get to your application in this process we will be happy to email you an invitation. Any further review of your application will occur only if you are interviewed

That, in combination with the suspiciously located scary 3D wrinkly face thing, leads me to assume that it was a joke. These threads need more jokes!

This is what I got

Dear Applicant: Thank you for your continuing interest in the Medical College of Wisconsin.

The committee has completed its initial review of your application. It has been moved to a pool of applicants who potentially will be invited to interview with us. That pool is still much larger than our interview schedule can accommodate. Candidates are selected from this smaller pool to receive an interview invitation on the basis of strength of credentials and completion date of application. If and when we get to your application in this process we will be happy to email you an invitation. Any further review of your application will occur only if you are interviewed.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Jennifer L. Haluzak
Director of Admissions

Well, what sort of things are you interested in finding out about? How much time to you have to kill & when during the day?

My travel plans literally just changed like an hour ago, so it turns out I'll only have a little while in the afternoon. Since I'm assuming rush hour is rush hour, I probably won't try going downtown. Thanks for trying to help, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.