2008-2009 Albany Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also sent letters in 14 days ago and they haven't got it. They told me to wait until next week.

Also my MCAT scores came in a few days ago and when I asked them when they'd receive it, they said not until AMCAS sends it to them. But my scores show up on the statuses on other schools so I would've figured AMCAS automatically sent it off to all of my schools? Or does it not work that way?

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh, I sent my LOR in 18 days ago, but the status still says not received.

Anyone have their number? Im going to give them a taste of my fury...

are you guys OOS? maybe that's why

Yes, OOS here, but do they have some sort of odd filing system where OOS get funneled somewhere else? The LORs I sent to other OOS schools after Albany have arrived, and I'm complete there (turn around time around 9 times after sending out LORs)

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys OOS? maybe that's why

hmm i don't think so because i'm OOS but mine said they have been received. i sent mine about the same time .. 18ish days ago (maybe even 14?) so i would definitely call and see what's up.

anyone know when albany starts giving interviews ?

So, I submitted Albany on 7/21, and my letters were on VirtualEvals as of 7/8. Albany, however, still says "not received".

Thoughts?!

I was verified on 8/11 and still have yet to receive a secondary request.

hey can someone tell me the address letters of recommendations should be sent to? thanks!

day 25 after sending in LORs: still unreceived... anyone received yet?

So, I submitted Albany on 7/21, and my letters were on VirtualEvals as of 7/8. Albany, however, still says "not received".

Thoughts?!

Call. It's almost certainly a mistake on their part. The same thing happened to me with WashU and Case Western. Both promptly fixed it.

Call. It's almost certainly a mistake on their part. The same thing happened to me with WashU and Case Western. Both promptly fixed it.

They are just super slow. My letters were mailed on 7/21 and they still haven't marked them as received... last cycle it took them more than a month to mark them as received as well. But if you call or email them, they will tell you if they have them or not... for some reason they don't immediately input the LOR information on your status page.

email them to ask, they don't change to received until they review your app

What should I put for the hours if I haven't started the activity yet?....

I can't put zero.. I'm thinking I'll just put 1. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, just a quick question for those who have submitted..

What date does it show on the status page? Mine is still showing "As of 8/29..."

Alright, just a quick question for those who have submitted..

What date does it show on the status page? Mine is still showing "As of 8/29..."

Yeah, mine too. They are a little behind. They usually update it daily.

finally received my LORs on 9/4, when i sent them 7/31, guess they're just a little slow.

yes.. unless you applied there before...

and its one annoying essay question.. i still cant figure out what to write.. ive written like 3 different versions of "describe yourself" and i dont like any of them

what a stupid question!

I applied there before and not accepted...

Do they have new essay topics for a reapplicant like me?

Received an interview invite from Albany yesterday! :)

Good luck to everyone else applying! :luck::luck:

finally received my LORs on 9/4, when i sent them 7/31, guess they're just a little slow.

I called and they told me it was received on 8/27. However, they still didn't update it on the webpage yet. They are rather slow...

Knuck, when were you complete?

I submitted my application very early on July 21, and I'm not sure exactly when I was complete but it was not long after that. I was probably one of the first people complete, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything and I'm sure more will come next week.

I just got a hold and think imma withdraw....how would this letter look as a w/drawal one

Dear albany,

It is unfortunate that i must inform you that I can no longer consider your school as a possible medical school to attend. This year their have been many medical schools who have shown interest in me, and I can not possibly attend all of them or even itnerview at all of them. Im sorry, and wish you best of luck in your future endeavors

I just got a hold from Albany also Chubby, however, unlike yourself, I still have no interview invites :(:scared:........but thanks for posting that you are on hold, because that doesnt make me feel as bad about it when the great Chubby received the same response. Best of luck on your upcoming interviews man.

I got a hold today as well

How long were you guys complete for?

hey guys...new to student doctor...

I have a question..i tried to submit my secondary app with a fee waiver, however, the payment page of credit card popped up. Even though in the application status page, it says that my fee waiver was waived...anyone have this problem? i cannot submit my secondary!!!

I just got a hold and think imma withdraw....how would this letter look as a w/drawal one

Dear albany,

It is unfortunate that i must inform you that I can no longer consider your school as a possible medical school to attend. This year their have been many medical schools who have shown interest in me, and I can not possibly attend all of them or even itnerview at all of them. Im sorry, and wish you best of luck in your future endeavors

*It sounds professional to me. Just make sure you use "there" instead of "their."

Does anyone know if Albany does phone interviews? Money is really tight at the moment, and tickets are really expensive.

i have completed the secondary and they have my LORs since 7/31 but still not complete. how long did it take you guys to be complete?

By the way, if and when you all get invited for interviews, if there's a specific date you'll be in the area that's not listed as one of the choices on their website, just send them an email or call to let them know. I wanted to schedule my Albany interview the day after NYMC so I could just drive up from Valhalla, and they were able to schedule me for that day even though it wasn't an option in their online scheduling center. FYI, they interview on Wednesday afternoons and Thursday mornings/afternoons.

Good luck everyone! :luck: :thumbup:

i have completed the secondary and they have my LORs since 7/31 but still not complete. how long did it take you guys to be complete?

Over a month...

do you have to be verified to receive the secondary?

UGG the length of describe yourself is too short, its pissing me off. After staring at it for two days I finally started writing a good essay for it but it ends up being way too long.

Wow i just got placed on hold.

Last edited:
Wow i just got placed on hold.

Definitely better than a rejection.. Mind if I ask how they notified you of your status? And how long after you were marked as complete and being reviewed?

Hold here as well, just got the email. At least it is not a rejection. Does anyone know what happened last cycle in regards to people being offered interviews who had been on the hold list?

i was complete 7/28.

I dont know, it seems like this hold is similar to a rejection. Definately dissapointed.

Hi all, I just got this one because I added it kind of late. What did people put for the what would you like to discuss question? I was thinking of writing something about the issues in healthcare i find relevant but i'm not sure this is what they want.

What information are you basing this assumption on?

As we review applications, we inevitably find that the number of
qualified applications exceeds the number of applicants that we are
able to interview. From an applicant pool of approximately 9,000
candidates, roughly 600 hundred will be invited to interview.
Screening is done on an ongoing basis as applications become
complete. Therefore, in some cases a final screening decision is
temporarily deferred. If over the course of the admissions season we
find that too few candidates were initially invited to interview, we
will turn to the "Hold" category and invite selected applicants to
interview.

Although it's just an assumption, i believe the amount of interviews they would give out will be on the upper end, essentially leaving the "hold" pile in the dust.
But there's always that famous quote:

Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.
Lloyd: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance.

I submitted my secondary on Sept. 8 and it still says they have not received it or my secondary fee. The only item my status page reflects is that they have received my MCAT scores. I have the receipt for the fee being payed, I was thinking of calling them for more info on this situation. Anyone else have the issue?

I submitted my secondary on Sept. 8 and it still says they have not received it or my secondary fee. The only item my status page reflects is that they have received my MCAT scores. I have the receipt for the fee being payed, I was thinking of calling them for more info on this situation. Anyone else have the issue?

Your stuff won't actually be marked as received until they begin processing your application. I wouldn't worry too much about it - whoever got your application is probably a bit slower than the other reviewers.

Dear albany,

LOL, you were actuallly serious?
"Wish you best of luck in your future endeavors"

Status
Not open for further replies.