2008-2009 Boston Secondary Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I got the contact email too, but my interview isn't until next year. In other words, I doubt it has anything to do with admissions status anytime soon.
 
I think that everyone who has interviewed or will interview receives that e-mail...it does NOT mean rejection. I remember getting that e-mail last year and then getting my acceptance a few weeks later.
 
I think that everyone who has interviewed or will interview receives that e-mail...it does NOT mean rejection. I remember getting that e-mail last year and then getting my acceptance a few weeks later.
ok so what if you haven't interviewed yet. i haven't heard a peep since september when i received the "complete" email. PS thanks for all the reassuring comments 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that everyone who has interviewed or will interview receives that e-mail...it does NOT mean rejection. I remember getting that e-mail last year and then getting my acceptance a few weeks later.

Thanks for your input. I got this e-mail too this morning and wasn't sure what to make of it.
 
ok so what if you haven't interviewed yet. i haven't heard a peep since september when i received the "complete" email. PS thanks for all the reassuring comments 🙂

If you haven't interviewed, then I'm not sure. I wouldn't take it as anything, it prob just means that you're in their system...maybe they're sending the e-mail to everyone who has not been rejected yet. I guess just keep waiting.
 
haha just got the email and my interview is scheduled for the last day of their interview season lol
 
Hi guys, I just got the update contact information email this morning too. I was afraid this was rejection time. Hopefully not. Oh btw, I was complete Sep. 9 and interviewed Nov 19.
 
I got the e-mail and have an interview scheduled in January...don't sweat it...


AtG
 
When should we expect to hear a decision post interview....I remember him giving a date in early January. Anyone remember?
 
just cancelled my interview at BU! Hopefully that means someone who is waiting for one will get my spot.
 
When should we expect to hear a decision post interview....I remember him giving a date in early January. Anyone remember?
I believe that the exact date for the first round of decisions to be released is January 12th, but don't quote me on that.
 
did you schedule it that late? or is that the only date they gave you?
it was originally scheduled for 12/3 but i asked to move it because i didnt want to travel again after missing so much school and wanted to wait to see if i hear any news in december. the only day they could give me was their last day, 2/11
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got an interview this morning, complete late sept. ar2388, maybe i got yours??? 🙂
 
feb 6th, 9th, 11th. how hard is it to reschedule?

I had trouble and just ended up using my original date. I'd imagine there is even less flexibility in Feb since it's nearing the end...

FYI I had trouble rescheduling in September
 
Gah! Anyone else just get ANOTHER contact info email? I know decisions are made on (around?) the 12th, but my heart's still racing...

Oh, and happy new year! 😛
 
I just opened my inbox and have 5 new BU emails lol... a total of 8 Contact Verification emails now
 
ok, so i guess it's somewhat unrealistic to get an invite... i thought i had hope since i didn't get an instant rejection since i submitted my sec in october...
 
I don't think Boston believes my contact info, I've gotten the "update your contact info" e-mail 20 times TODAY.

Hahaha
 
I met we're going to get one every hour at #:29 and #:59 until someone comes and corrects it tomorrow.

This is mean :-( I always get hopeful when I see I get a new email 🙄
 
fyi their LAST interview day is feb 11.. that is what i was told when i was rescheduling my dec 3rd date for a later one
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm stuck on 26 mwuahaha

and you're lucky you're not constantly freaking out about getting an e-mail from BU hahaha, I know I should have realized it by now, but I'm hoping for the best =P
 
I'll have commited suicide by number 12 if that's true, how much can one person take? Ick...
 
kinda unnecessary post.

why are you reading this thread if you withdrew?

jeez lol.
... i don't know.. just to see how things are going for the people still interested in BU...i think its a fantastic school but just not in my desired location..
 
For those who interviewed early on in the cycle, we should be hearing from BU soon, no? I interviewed on their first day, 10/8/08, and if I recall we are supposed to find out the first week of January. Oh and I'm up to 25 e-mails LOL
 
46 and counting!

What I find most baffling of all is that we all have different numbers of emails received. I mean, if it was automated we'd all have the same number. I think one of the office workers is still drunk from NYE and decided to f with us. The bastard is sitting there giggling at the mayhem he's causing! 😛😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What I find most baffling of all is that we all have different numbers of emails received. I mean, if it was automated we'd all have the same number. I think one of the office workers is still drunk from NYE and decided to f with us. The bastard is sitting there giggling at the mayhem he's causing! 😛😉

I think it may simply be that we're posting about them at different times. They're arriving fairly regularly every half hour, so someone who had 26 earlier today probably now has 46 like the most recent count.
 
I think it may simply be that we're posting about them at different times. They're arriving fairly regularly every half hour, so someone who had 26 earlier today probably now has 46 like the most recent count.

Mmm perhaps, but some people posted having received 5 at a time when I had received 15. And you're ruining the whimsy with your logic. 😛 but you may maybe right. Kill joy. 😉
 
The first verification email I received was 23 hours ago, 12/31/08 at 10:28 pm, and I've been receiving them roughly every 30 minutes. Just received numero 47.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.