2008-2009 Case Western Secondary Application Thread

Started by aixoise
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The actual dates of the adcomm meetings are Dec. 2 and Feb. 17. There will be 16 people accepted at the first meeting and then at least 16 more at the second meeting.

😱 this means we might hear back as soon as tomorrow!!! i'm so nervous!
 
When does iApply usually get updated after the adcoms for the UP meet? I know they are meeting today, but when might I expect the decision to be uploaded to iApply? Though, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more than a hold..
 
it was uploaded sometime around 3pm western time for me, and i received an email to check iapply at exactly 5pm. i hope you get in !
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called today to find out when the next adcom meeting was and they told me that it was today. They also said that we should receive notification of a decision by mid-week. Based on the previous posts, it appears that this will be sometime Wednesday afternoon.
 
😱 this means we might hear back as soon as tomorrow!!! i'm so nervous!
You probably won't hear anything tomorrow. The meeting is in the afternoon, and I'm sure the acceptees have to be run by Case before Dean Franco calls anyone. Maybe the end of this week or early next week would be more like it. Good luck, everyone!
 
made you look :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Resident expert CCLCMer said

..... Maybe the end of this week or early next week would be more like it.

I am trying to be patient here. Suspense is killing me
Hope we all get in 👍
 
i interviewed yesterdeay at case. i just started reading this thread. peeps have said that the adcom meetings were yesterday and the 17th. so does that mean i could find out by the end of this week? does the adcom review people they interviewed on the same day?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to everyone who got acceptance today. Go out and celebrate 👍
 
If you are invited to apply for their scholarships, are you notified with your online acceptance, or does it only come in the mail?
 
Hrrm I still have yet to see any change in my iApply status page, and I interviewed two weeks ago so I should be hearing along with you guys. Unless acceptances are loaded early on.... Hrmm. Not sure what else to do but to wait more.
 
asdf I'm waiting for cclcm, so seeing this thread getting bumped all the time is giving me a heart attack each time. I kinda hate all of you right now ;]
 
i interviewed yesterdeay at case. i just started reading this thread. peeps have said that the adcom meetings were yesterday and the 17th. so does that mean i could find out by the end of this week? does the adcom review people they interviewed on the same day?

Hey copacetic, I think I was there with you!

me too, but there were a LOT of interviewees... I was surprised

Me too. I'm curious who you are, but I'm not sure I want to give up my semi-anonymity here. Perhaps we can half-surrender our half-anonymity via PM?

And, just to add useful content... As far as decisions, Christian said at lunch that our decisions would be made on the 17th and that we should have the email notifications by the 24th.
 
Last edited:
Starting to wonder; since everyone who's posted on this thread since yesterday has been accepted, has there been anyone else put on hold or rejected post-interview? I still haven't seen any change to my iApply status page.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too. I'm curious who you are, but I'm not sure I want to give up my semi-anonymity here. Perhaps we can half-surrender our half-anonymity via PM?

And, just to add useful content... As far as decisions, Christian said at lunch that our decisions would be made on the 17th and that we should have the email notifications by the 24th.

I think I only met half the people because of the size of the group 🙂 so I may not even know some of you. Email notification on the 24th is so scary, it can really make or break your Christmas... how scary.
 
I think I only met half the people because of the size of the group 🙂 so I may not even know some of you. Email notification on the 24th is so scary, it can really make or break your Christmas... how scary.

Christian was a really cool guy, he really helped to make the day enjoyable. 👍
 
Christian was a really cool guy, he really helped to make the day enjoyable. 👍

I totally agree, he was a great guy, he has amazing communication skills and he would go out of his way to help interviewees. By the way copacetic, I remember you, talked to you about niagra falls. Hope you returned safely.
 
i interviewed yesterdeay at case. i just started reading this thread. peeps have said that the adcom meetings were yesterday and the 17th. so does that mean i could find out by the end of this week? does the adcom review people they interviewed on the same day?

Hey copacetic, I think I was there with you!

me too, but there were a LOT of interviewees... I was surprised

Me too. I'm curious who you are, but I'm not sure I want to give up my semi-anonymity here. Perhaps we can half-surrender our half-anonymity via PM?

And, just to add useful content... As far as decisions, Christian said at lunch that our decisions would be made on the 17th and that we should have the email notifications by the 24th.

I was there too. Do you guys know who I was? I'll give you a BIG hint. At the first meeting we had with Dean Ornt, I was the student he singled out and said, "I believe I'm having an interview with one of you right after this meeting". That was me. 😉
 
I met Christian at a med fair event, he was the reason I applied (b/c he told me so much stuff about Case that I really liked)
 
I was there too. Do you guys know who I was? I'll give you a BIG hint. At the first meeting we had with Dean Ornt, I was the student he singled out and said, "I believe I'm having an interview with one of you right after this meeting". That was me. 😉

Definitely know who you are too
 
Last edited:
I was there too. Do you guys know who I was? I'll give you a BIG hint. At the first meeting we had with Dean Ornt, I was the student he singled out and said, "I believe I'm having an interview with one of you right after this meeting". That was me. 😉

i knwo who you are, lol, i remember you told me your screen name and that you were a mod on SDN. good times. lets keep our fingers crossed :xf:
 
I totally agree, he was a great guy, he has amazing communication skills and he would go out of his way to help interviewees. By the way copacetic, I remember you, talked to you about niagra falls. Hope you returned safely.

yep! tired but safe!
 
When do you think we should send update letters, before their decision or after incase of waitlist? My student interviewer told me to send it about a month after my interview...
 
When do you think we should send update letters, before their decision or after incase of waitlist? My student interviewer told me to send it about a month after my interview...

to be honest i have no idea. i mean why not do both. send in what you, if anything changes (if you get waitlisted) send notify them of whats changed. i figure keeping them appraised will show that you're interested right?
 
by the way, who would you send your update letter to anyways? the admissions office or the dean?
 
OK, I've figured out who everyone so far except cheasus is. I wouldn't know, because I missed the dean's talk...


What should an update letter include?
 
Starting to wonder; since everyone who's posted on this thread since yesterday has been accepted, has there been anyone else put on hold or rejected post-interview? I still haven't seen any change to my iApply status page.

I was put on hold yesterday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was late to the interview. For those who didn't notice the addition of a person to the group, I was the marrying man.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.