You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 Drexel Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Saqrfaraj,
Would you happen to know how likely it is one gets an interview after getting the hold/re-evaluated later message...or how long that message usually stays there? Just curious. I've had that for about a month but I'm not expecting it to change anytime soon.
I'm not really sure about the likelihood of receiving an interview after being placed on hold. However, if you feel strongly about Drexel I'd recommend sending a letter of interest to Dr. Hanau. She's very open to hearing from applicants and sending a letter might improve your chances.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[/quote=saqrfaraj;7230870] Yeah, the essay thing is new this year.
Hey bluesmd, I just read these two posts this morning and several people talked about it on the interview thread. I guess you have to fill out an essay the day of your interview, but that is all I got so far.[/quote]
oh okay thanks!
Yea, there is an essay that they hand out at the beginning of the interview day. You just need to turn it in before you're done for the day.
So... more details? Whats the prompt? You have all day?
etc. etc.
So... more details? Whats the prompt? You have all day?
etc. etc.
It's new, so I can't tell you anything about it. It's just sort of a space-filler, and doesn't take very long, but maybe someone who's interviewed this year can tell you more.
So... more details? Whats the prompt? You have all day?
etc. etc.
You basically have 3/4 of a full page to write out the essay. I don't want to give too much away but the topic was kind of like an ethical question. And yes, you do have all day to complete it. Just make sure you turn it in before you check out for the day. Don't worry, there will be plenty of downtime for you to write the essay out.
You basically have 3/4 of a full page to write out the essay. I don't want to give too much away but the topic was kind of like an ethical question. And yes, you do have all day to complete it. Just make sure you turn it in before you check out for the day. Don't worry, there will be plenty of downtime for you to write the essay out.
Thanks for the info Cyanide, I really appreciate it 👍
I'm not really sure about the likelihood of receiving an interview after being placed on hold. However, if you feel strongly about Drexel I'd recommend sending a letter of interest to Dr. Hanau. She's very open to hearing from applicants and sending a letter might improve your chances.
Thanks, saqrfaraj!
aaahhhh i just looked at my status page and it says my final decision has been made and will be mailed... i'm nervoussssssssssssss
aaahhhh i just looked at my status page and it says my final decision has been made and will be mailed... i'm nervoussssssssssssss
How long did it take once you were complete?
aaahhhh i just looked at my status page and it says my final decision has been made and will be mailed... i'm nervoussssssssssssss
Here's hoping for good news.

aaahhhh i just looked at my status page and it says my final decision has been made and will be mailed... i'm nervoussssssssssssss
i was just wondering when your interview was? good luck, i hope it's good news
How long did you have to wait before a decision was made? I have been complete there since Aug 14th and still have no word.aaahhhh i just looked at my status page and it says my final decision has been made and will be mailed... i'm nervoussssssssssssss
How long did you have to wait before a decision was made? I have been complete there since Aug 14th and still have no word.
i'm sure ayushman80 had an interview...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope, haven't heard a peep from them yet. I've been to philly a couple of times. Really liked it there. Heard drexel is a good school.i'm sure ayushman80 had an interview...
poohbear00 do i know you?
Nope, haven't heard a peep from them yet. I've been to philly a couple of times. Really liked it there. Heard drexel is a good school.
poohbear00 do i know you?
i don't know...maybe? lol
actually, what I wrote was kind of a mistake. I meant to quote Dale and that he probably had an interivew before they're mailing him a decision. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean.
aaahhhh i just looked at my status page and it says my final decision has been made and will be mailed... i'm nervoussssssssssssss
So I'm guessing that post-interview decisions will be sent out via snail mails and not posted on their online status check?
So I'm guessing that post-interview decisions will be sent out via snail mails and not posted on their online status check?
Yep, all decisions are sent out by snail mail. Big envelope.
i was just wondering when your interview was? good luck, i hope it's good news
Thanks me tooo🙂
I was complete 8/22, received an interview invite 8/28, interviewed the first week of interviews 9/26.
I don't know when that message changed to final decision made, yesterday was the first time i looked at my status page since getting my interview invite.
Yep, all decisions are sent out by snail mail. Big envelope.
Thanks for the info, saqrfaraj. I guess my family will find out whether I get in or not way before I do.
Thanks for the info, saqrfaraj. I guess my family will find out whether I get in or not way before I do.
Good luck to you! Drexel's a great place.
i've been complete since late august and still no word. i check my status pretty often and it just says no decision. how much longer after you were complete did you hear back? anyone ?
Unfortunately, nobody can really tell you how much longer you'll be waiting. There may be a ton of stellar applicants that are getting all the interview invites at the moment and everyone else may be waiting a little while longer. It's hard to say. The best advice is to hang in there, and if you're really interested in Drexel, go ahead and let them know.
that makes sense. but i have read about people being placed on hold or getting some acknowledgement of the fact that their application was reviewed if they are not granted an interview. mine just says nothing. waaah.
Not getting the "you will be reviewed again later" message is probably a positive sign. They may view you as an interviewable candidate but the limited number of interview spots prevents them from inviting you immediately. There really are an endless number of possibilities. This process is stressful but worth it. Good luck.
Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision.
Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision.
Do you mind sharing when you were complete there?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know the email to use for sending them updates
For email updates, your best bet is probably Dr. Hanau. She is the Dean of Admissions and her email address is [email protected].
Brucecanbeatyou, was that email or was it a status page check?
Status page check, I was complete on 9/11.
Status page check, I was complete on 9/11.
i was complete 8/20. dammit. does this mean i have been rejected!
i was complete in late august too! but my status page still says "no decision has been made yet..." i guess that is still hopeful since it doesn't have the waitlist notice? ugh i hate waiting
i was complete 8/20. dammit. does this mean i have been rejected!
you're not rejected until you get a letter in the mail ! keep your hopes up.
but here is a potential theory i heard - drexel interviews candidates by region/state they are from. coincidentally i am also from illinois and was complete the same time you were. hmm... maybe they havent started interviewing illinois people ? hahaha oh i think the admissions process is making me officially insane..
you're not rejected until you get a letter in the mail ! keep your hopes up.
but here is a potential theory i heard - drexel interviews candidates by region/state they are from. coincidentally i am also from illinois and was complete the same time you were. hmm... maybe they havent started interviewing illinois people ? hahaha oh i think the admissions process is making me officially insane..
oh really ... that's really weird. i actually emailed them because all this waiting is driving me insane, they said it takes 6-8 weeks for a decision to be made. which it hasn't been ... BUT its close, so hopefully what you say is true and they are just dying with having to wait to send us our interview invites
i was complete in late august too! but my status page still says "no decision has been made yet..." i guess that is still hopeful since it doesn't have the waitlist notice? ugh i hate waiting
Technically the "review later" status isn't a waitlist--it's more of a hold. Waitlisted applicants will receive the "decision has been made" status and then they'll get the waitlist letter in the mail.
oh really ... that's really weird. i actually emailed them because all this waiting is driving me insane, they said it takes 6-8 weeks for a decision to be made. which it hasn't been ... BUT its close, so hopefully what you say is true and they are just dying with having to wait to send us our interview invites
let me know what they tell you !
when my premed advisor told me that waiting part of this process would be as bad as MCAT prep and secondary essays i thought she was crazy
silly me
silly me
D
deleted106503
I canceled my interview scheduled for 11/10 and withdrew my app. Hopefully some of you guys waiting get some good news soon. Good luck!
let me know what they tell you !
they just said 6-8 weeks nothing else haha, very specific, well let's just hope for the best 🙂
Its been over 2 weeks since I added Drexel onto my AMCAS application and still no secondary!! What the heck! You would think that since Drexel sends all applicants a secondary, they would have some automated system to handle sending them. Its probably too late now🙁
So I just checked my status and a decision has been mailed. Does anyone know if I can call up or show up in person to get that decision or if I have to wait for the letter?
Haha just wait, it will come. I think people last year said they called and had it faxed, but I believe the admissions office stopped doing that after so many people made the request.
So I just checked my status and a decision has been mailed. Does anyone know if I can call up or show up in person to get that decision or if I have to wait for the letter?
There was some talk last cycle about the possibility of picking up the decision letter in person or getting it faxed. I don't know if it was determined to be possible or not. If you're overly anxious, your best bet is to call up the admissions office and find out. It couldn't hurt. Or you can wait it out like everyone else.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was some talk last cycle about the possibility of picking up the decision letter in person or getting it faxed. I don't know if it was determined to be possible or not. If you're overly anxious, your best bet is to call up the admissions office and find out. It couldn't hurt. Or you can wait it out like everyone else.
Is it bad if they haven't made a decision on my application? I interviewed in September and so far my status page still tells me to wait 6-8 weeks after my interview for a decision to be made.
Is it bad if they haven't made a decision on my application? I interviewed in September and so far my status page still tells me to wait 6-8 weeks after my interview for a decision to be made.
What is the most you could have possibly waited, 3 weeks?
reellaaxxx - give them a chance to read your file at least
aaahhhh i just looked at my status page and it says my final decision has been made and will be mailed... i'm nervoussssssssssssss
When I look at my status page it just says "complete". Am I looking in the right place? It's just one section of a large chart containing all of my information. If this isn't the right place to check my status, please link me.
a decision has been made for me too!! im nervous as heck right now. i wish they could email us our decisions instead of making us wait for snail mail T_T
There was some talk last cycle about the possibility of picking up the decision letter in person or getting it faxed. I don't know if it was determined to be possible or not. If you're overly anxious, your best bet is to call up the admissions office and find out. It couldn't hurt. Or you can wait it out like everyone else.
i am so impatient 🙁
but in no way would i want to be there in the office to pick up news if it was bad!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K