2008-2009 Meharry Medical College Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i'm new to SDN, just wondering if anyone else is interviewing may 8th? I'm so nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed a couple weeks back...don't worry...don't be nervous. everyone there is super friendly. as cliche as it sounds, just be yourself

I interviewed last Monday. Like everyone said, it was really relaxed. The interviewers I had wanted to get to know ME rather than grill me on my stats. I hope to hear some good news in a few weeks:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
i withdrew from the waitlist today. good luck to everyone!!

has anyone heard anything about wait list movement? Just want to know if they have started accepting people off the list.

Thanks for the support guys! I'm just wondering how long it would take to hear anything back since it seems like I would barely have a month to get things rolling if I get accepted. Does anyone know if they notify you of an acceptance faster during this time since time is running out and is there a deadline when they stop inviting pple to interview? And are they still interviewing more people after May 8th? So confusing!!

I believe may 8th is the last interview from what I understood from Mr Mosley

Did anyone else watch the Match '09 Video? I know I sat there imagining myself up on the stage :oops: I hope I hear some good news soon. The wait is KILLING ME!!!

Did anyone else watch the Match '09 Video? I know I sat there imagining myself up on the stage :oops: I hope I hear some good news soon. The wait is KILLING ME!!!

ya..i interviewed i think with you on april 20th ...it was such a good experience. the wait is killing me too haha. :( i'd hoped they would have responded by now.

I KNOW!!! Have you already been accepted anywhere else? This was my only interview so I am terrified to have to go through the whole process again!

I KNOW!!! Have you already been accepted anywhere else? This was my only interview so I am terrified to have to go through the whole process again!

nah this was also my only interview. but honestly, after seeing that school and doing so much research on it, i'm convinced it's perfect for me. so i hope it wont come down to it ... but i'll definitely reapply to this if i have to. ....but i really really hope it doesnt come down to it...

Waitlisted today....hope there is some movement cause Meharry is where my heart is!

i got waitlisted today also:( . i guess it feels better than a rejection. hopefully things will work out:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully there is a lot of waitlist movement. It seems as if they have waitlisted most of their applicants that interviewed in March and April.

Does anyone know if they have filled their class? I'm guessing they had have it filled by a certain date.

I am assuming they did. According to Mr. Mosley at my interview on april 17th there were only 12 spots left. But he did say that 35 people that had been admitted already have also been admitted elsewhere.

Send in your LOI. Meharry is an amazing school!
A spot will be opening up next week. I will be withdrawing from my spot to stay closer to home.
GoodLuck to everyone!!!!

Do you suggest resending an LOI??

I sent one about 2 months ago. No word since then.

Im wondering would it be worth sending another one even thou I havent did too much new in these last two months.

I interviewed there on May 8th and Mr Mosley said that the class is full!! He said by May 16th, he was expecting to have received all the deposits from accepted applicants or seeing how many of them would be withdrawing their applications. He said historically at this point in time about 30 SEATS could be available!!!! SO GOODLUCK TO ALL OF US ON THE WAITLIST OR THOSE WHO JUST INTERVIEWED. WE ALL STILL HAVE A GOOD CHANCE. PRAY HARD!!!

u can send more than one LOI to show your interest.
Show them you want it!!!!!

congrats on getting in hopefully we will be classmates in the fall. To everyone on the wait list lets hope for movement next week sometime.

If you guys don't mind telling me, what are some of your stats? The people that got accepted and waitlisted. Gpa..mcat...ECs. I've been researching the school and i LOVE It.

If you guys don't mind telling me, what are some of your stats? The people that got accepted and waitlisted. Gpa..mcat...ECs. I've been researching the school and i LOVE It.
i got waitlisted- 31Q, 3.55. i withdrew 2 weeks ago due to another acceptance. good luck! when you interview, make sure you know their mission statement.

Also, I know the school is historically African-American, and i am Caucasian. Does anyone know what % of the school is caucasian?

I am currently waitlisted and have contacted admission and Mr. Moseley very recently (my interview was in March).

I was told my admissions that as of yesterday there were no movements in the waitlist. But you kno, the deadline to tell schools ure not coming is May 15, so hopefully people will withdraw?!

Lets hope that there is some movement today and next week. Good Luck to everyone on the waitlist.:)

any word on waitlist movement?

i havent heard anything yet. but we should know wassup reel soon. lets keep praying.:xf:

Has anyone found out for sure how many spots were open this year for those of us on the wait list? Lets hope for the best in the next few days (hopefully not weeks) this wait is killing me.

Having a hard time finding a place to live? Check out the apartment guide that the Class of 2011 put out last year @ www.mmcstudents.org. The Class of 2012 will be putting out one at the end of this month so check back then as well.

...and whatever apartment you choose to go with, do mention that you heard about it through Meharry's apt guide!

Any questions that are not related to the waitlist (not privy to such information), I would be happy to answer!

Having a hard time finding a place to live? Check out the apartment guide that the Class of 2011 put out last year @ www.mmcstudents.org. The Class of 2012 will be putting out one at the end of this month so check back then as well.

...and whatever apartment you choose to go with, do mention that you heard about it through Meharry's apt guide!

Any questions that are not related to the waitlist (not privy to such information), I would be happy to answer!

I wish finding an apartment was my biggest problem! This wait is torture!

ah....okay thats it. im going to only check this forum once a day haha

lol... yeahh i feel you.. ur not the only one whose up here periodically mohawker.. we are all anxious... lol

Has anyone contacted Mr. Mosely recently about the wait list to find out if there has been any movement? I called last week and got his voice mail I think I am going to try today.

Yea he said that 10 people have been accepted off the wait list and they have been contacted already. He was really helpful. He told me that as spots open up he tells the committee and they discuss who they want to admit. So all we can do now is hope and pray. I will be applying here next year if I am not lucky enough to get off of the wait list I fell in love with the school.

dang.. 10 people already.. yeahh lets pray. God is always looking out.. but we gotta be realistic.. everyones door to med school will open sooner or later, if its meant to be. and im sure it is for all of us. its getting late, and june is around the corner. I hope everyone has other plans and options out there. Good luck to everyone

ya i really hope i get in .... but so do all of us. but ya...its important to look at other options and find ways to improve our applications. If i don't get in this year, i am still definitely applying to meharry again. it's an amazing school. postbaccs...here i come...probably.

Male MS-II needs a roommate. No gender preference. Sanitary behaviors mandatory.

Cost: $300/month
Closeness to Meharry: >1 min by foot. Closer and nicer than Dorothy Brown.

PM for specs.

I just found out today that I was accepted into the post-bac program. The program starts June 9th. Does anyone have any suggestions about moving or about the program.

I called last week and Mr Mosley said the class was full, but "you never know."

Question... The calendar on the website says the white coat ceremony is August 22, but in the packet Meharry mailed it lists the white coat ceremony as taking place on August 21st. Does anybody know the real date?

Status
Not open for further replies.