2008-2009 Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to send a letter of intent? Email or Snail??:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

What is the best way to send a letter of intent? Email or Snail??:confused:

Snail is always the best way to go when sending significant correspondence such as an LOI. Only use email for simple queries or if the school specifically directs you to use email for all correspondence. For MCV, go with snail.

Snail is always the best way to go when sending significant correspondence such as an LOI. Only use email for simple queries or if the school specifically directs you to use email for all correspondence. For MCV, go with snail.
did we ever find out if anyone had any luck emailing Dr. Whitehurst-cook with questions??? What is her email address??:confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried emailing Dr. Whitehurst-Cook on Monday and her reply was pretty much "the waitlist has been moving fairly quickly the past week and she expects it to continue until the end of May. If we dont hear anything from them by early June then we can email her again"...sounds like they're not letting people know where they stand until after most of the waitlist movement happens...hope this helps

looks like no SDNers off the waitlist last couple days? none today either? maybe they're waiting til after the 15th at this point?

I also just withdrew. VCU/MCV is an awesome school. The more I learned, the more I was impressed. They were also the first school to accept me, so they have a special place with me. After all is said and done, though, another school was just a better overall fit for me.

By the way, I am OOS, so good luck OOS waitlisters.

Good luck to those of you still waiting. The next couple of days should show some pretty active waitlist movement although I'm not sure if they'll send out a batch today or just wait until tomorrow. I've seen it go both ways.:luck:

I spoke today with the admissions folks and they said there hasn't been much movement and they aren't anticipating a lot of movement.

They also said it doesn't matter if you're updating VCU or not you're stuck at the waitlist rank you first received... lame-o!

I spoke today with the admissions folks and they said there hasn't been much movement and they aren't anticipating a lot of movement.

They also said it doesn't matter if you're updating VCU or not you're stuck at the waitlist rank you first received... lame-o!

this application cycle is getting ridiculous.

I withdrew today (OOS) ... it was very sad (VCU is awesome!) Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)

Was this in regards to the OOS waitlist or IS?

All the "little waitlist movement expected this year" comments from Admission offices (in various threads) is worrying me.

Hopefully its the exact opposite. But guess we cant do anything now other than wait even more. le sigh. one (or three) more days left. Good luck everyone, hope the recent withdrawals bump us up. :luck::xf::luck::xf::luck:

no one get in today? maybe tomorrow someone will get some good news....

And best of luck to those of you who withdrew!

Thanks to all that are withdrawing, I hope this means that I'll be able to get accepted as well as the rest of us that are anxiously waiting! I never got a second look e-mail, but let's hope I was at the cut-off for e-mails at least...lol.

:xf:

Thanks to all that are withdrawing, I hope this means that I'll be able to get accepted as well as the rest of us that are anxiously waiting! I never got a second look e-mail, but let's hope I was at the cut-off for e-mails at least...lol.

:xf:

OMG I got in off of the waitlist...

...three years ago tommorrow. ahhhhhh i got you. Good luck everyone. Generally there is a good amt of wl movement. Even though people have said there's been very little WL movement in the past years, there still is more than you see from many other schools.

OMG I got in off of the waitlist...
...three years ago tommorrow. ahhhhhh i got you. Good luck everyone. Generally there is a good amt of wl movement. Even though people have said there's been very little WL movement in the past years, there still is more than you see from many other schools.

pure evil... haha, followed by kind words... you are forgiven, haha.

Another tidbit that might be helpful to everyone: there will likely be a slight wave of acceptances following the 15 May deadline, but it won't be like the last where they sent out a mass email. They accept off of the waitlist one by one, and there's no real telling how long it will take from withdraw to acceptance, though they are just going down the list of waiters.

Just thought this might help reduce the anxiety of the waiting, waiting, waiting! I know I've been part of the previous count downs.. for better or worse, there's no count down date to wait around for anymore.

called the admissions office today and they said there has been some movement over the last week but the adcom will send out the acceptances sometime next week.

I am IS btw.

Hi everyone! My first SDN post!

I emailed Dr. WHC on Wednesday, and she replied:

"We won't be sending any out until Tues of next week and we see what May 15th affects are. Take care."

Just to ease everyone's worried minds.

Hi everyone! My first SDN post!

I emailed Dr. WHC on Wednesday, and she replied:

"We won't be sending any out until Tues of next week and we see what May 15th affects are. Take care."

Just to ease everyone's worried minds.

Awsome just a few more days of Waiting!!!(SARCASM) But it is better to know than to be in the dark with doubt growing.

so currently im abroad and like a crazy person i hunt down internet cafes at odd hours just so i can check in this thread.

Seriously... im so attached to everyone here despite never meeting any of you in person. Hope that this month brings all of you what you wish for the most. Best of luck to everyone... waiting, accepted, withdrew. :love:

ah jeez - what other schools?? well, crap.

haha VCU, GW and 4 others. If you count total (im a reapplicant from last year), then 10 waitlists. booooooo alternate/wait lists...ýaaaaayyyyy acceptances, haha.

*Does a lucky dance*

:luck::xf::luck::xf::luck:

Does VCU continue to send out acceptances at 6:00 pm, or are they now sending them out throughout the day?

Nevermind, just called, and found out the answer (the emails are still sent out at 6pm).

Has anyone who is waitlisted recieved one of the Virtual second Look emails in the past week??

Haven't received one and i dont want that to damper my hopes even more

I emailed with Dr. W-C, and she said they have been sending out the virtual second look link to those who were in the 10% of the waitlist. VCU also sent them to those who inquired about the virtual second look and who happened to be at a rank accepted last year.

I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN.

wow...here I come vcu!!!!!!!

i was just taken off the waitlist today as well.. still torn, however, of what i'm going to do. I was also accepted to my local D.O. school here in CA, but VCU is a great school.. bittersweet

Did those, who just got accepted, write a letter of interest by any chance?

HOLY **** IM IN!!! Finally, I'm gonna be a doctor!!!

Good Luck to those still waiting! For those who would like to know, Im OOS, received the second look email etc etc....if you have any specific questions, please ask!

In my excitement I also forgot to post:
Received 2nd look email 10 days ago..wrote a LOI about 1.5 months ago, emailed Dr. WHC about 2 months ago with the "people at your rank were accepted last year" response and the "you are not in a bad place" response. OOS Female.

Best of luck to all of you! I know how horrible the waiting game can be!!!

HOLY **** IM IN!!! Finally, I'm gonna be a doctor!!!

Good Luck to those still waiting! For those who would like to know, Im OOS, received the second look email etc etc....if you have any specific questions, please ask!

:laugh: I remember that moment. I looked insane-laughing, crying, almost screaming.
Congrats everyone who got in today, and good luck to those still waiting! For those who know you'll be at VCU this year, welcome. Feel free to PM any questions...I'll be crawling into a cave (aka my home office) for 31 days beginning tomorrow to study for Step 1 (12 hours a day, :eek:) but I'll come out for sunlight a couple of times a week.

Hi all, long time reader, just decided to join. (OOS female WLer)

I know a couple of you specified, but did all of you that just got in today receive a second look email?

I was accepted today also. I am an instate male applicant. So excited, VCU has been my first choice for the past 2 years (I'm a reapplicant).

I recieved the second look email 2 weeks ago, which inspired me to write a letter of intent/update...but I don't think the letter did much for me since someone mentioned that they wouldn't change your priority score.

Good luck to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.