2008-2009 Wake Forest University Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I think we'll either know November 20th or November 21st... most people seem to be getting an answer on Friday's if I'm reading the thread correctly...

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, I think we'll either know November 20th or November 21st... most people seem to be getting an answer on Friday's if I'm reading the thread correctly...

are you getting nervous yet?
i think we will hear either friday or mondayish (but they told us to allow a week for them to inform us) from the sounds of it as they are meeting on us tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
are you getting nervous yet?
i think we will hear either friday or mondayish (but they told us to allow a week for them to inform us) from the sounds of it as they are meeting on us tomorrow

A little bit.... I'm trying not to think about it.... but of course I do at least 50 million times a day... but I'll be optimistic for both of us and I'll say we'll be in Winston-Salem next year at this time...

I'll PM you if I hear anything Friday.

I really hope Wake sends out decisions by Friday....I'm gonna go crazy if I have to wait for the weekend.

A little bit.... I'm trying not to think about it.... but of course I do at least 50 million times a day... but I'll be optimistic for both of us and I'll say we'll be in Winston-Salem next year at this time...

I'll PM you if I hear anything Friday.

same here, good luck

So I'm assuming they email you their decisions?

Good luck to all of those waiting..if its any help I got the acceptance email on a monday around 6pm

Well, today's the day my fate will be decided. I was complete pretty late at most schools, so this'll be the first school to give me a post-interview decision one way or the other.

Good luck to everyone else who's waiting on a decision!

Quick question, what is the link for the status page, I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Interviewed this week.... here's to the #1 choice!..... now the wait

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, your decision is usually available earlier on the status page. Mine changed around 2 or 3 pm central time and I received the email around 4 or 5.

Has anyone gotten their acceptance before that Friday?

My adcom meeting was the 5th (wed) and I got my waitlist e-mail friday @ 5. They probably posted my status earlier, but not too much earlier

Today is probably the day! Good luck everyone!

I REALLY want to see decisions today but I just called admissions and they said "decisions will probably be mailed out next week..." AHHHHHHH :mad:

hey we can still have hope that they will be posted....

I think they'll do it today... Probably in the next three hours... They told us it wouldn't be until monday in the interview also and most people are still getting an answer on Fridays...

How long did it take for them to mark your application complete? My status says they are still waiting for my letters of recommendation, even though my letters have been posted on VirtualEvals for over three weeks. I submitted my secondary and overnighted my application fee two weeks ago, and they marked those as received about a week ago. How much longer should I wait for them to download the letters before I call?

Waitlisted...not surprised. I didn't really like the school and I decided before the interview I wasn't going to go there. I think that came off in the interview.

waitlist :(
do they actually REJECT anyone post-interview, instead of placing people on the waitlist?

i was actually wondering the same thing

edit: referring to the post before mine about rejecting people outright

Last edited:
waitlist for me as well.

What is the whole "inform us in writing" about if you want to remain on the waitlist deal? Is is like a LOI?

how did you guys feel about your interviews? were you excited about wake.

Interviewed today, loved it! Really hoping for an acceptance, sorry to all those with so-so news today, but hey, bright side is large percentage of the class that comes off the waitlist :thumbup: Hang in there

I was very excited after my interview. I thought it had gone reasonably well. I live 20 minutes away from the school so I was really hoping for some good news before the holidays and I felt Wake was a good shot.

i was actually wondering the same thing

edit: referring to the post before mine about rejecting people outright

I asked the admissions office this question (if they rejected people post-interview) and they said yes but I would have to assume something pretty bad would have to happen in the interview not to get put somewhere on their ranked waitlist

I asked the admissions office this question (if they rejected people post-interview) and they said yes but I would have to assume something pretty bad would have to happen in the interview not to get put somewhere on their ranked waitlist

ranked waitlist? will they tell where on the waitlist you are if you call?

ranked waitlist? will they tell where on the waitlist you are if you call?

Nope, they won't tell you where you are. You also probably move around a lot as more people interview and get put on the waitlist. I wish they would at least tell you if you are in the top 50% or bottom 50% though at some point. If I knew I was in the bottom 50%, I wouldnt get my hopes up on getting in.

Sorry if my last post came of bitchy...I just reread it and was like...WOW! I hope that those of you who really want to go there get in! I'll be taking myself off the waitlist, so hopefullly that opens up a spot for someone else! Good luck!

for anyone still waiting for an interview invite, i will reiterate the advice posted throughout this thread -- call the office!

I've had the "complete" message on my status page for 2 weeks, called today to see what's going on, and was offered an interview on the phone.

waitlist :(
do they actually REJECT anyone post-interview, instead of placing people on the waitlist?

Wake rarely rejects someone after an interview. For those that got waitlisted, most of my friends that go to Wake have said that close to 75% of their class comes from the waitlist, so don't be discouraged. They interview only a slighty larger amount (in comparison to other schools) of students than they can actually accept. Call the office, they tend to take note of that. They want to accept students who really do want to go there.

for anyone still waiting for an interview invite, i will reiterate the advice posted throughout this thread -- call the office!

I've had the "complete" message on my status page for 2 weeks, called today to see what's going on, and was offered an interview on the phone.

what range of mcat/gpa do you have? I am sure you were gonna be invited sooner or later. What's the earliest possible interview date now? Good luck!

i have an interview on january...is there a discount for the hotel/shuttle? what are the OOS numbers from last year? interview invites/accepted. thank you.

anyone know when the next committee meets?

At my interview a couple of weeks ago they said we would be discussed December 10th.

Bump. Quiet around here lately. Anybody's app getting discussed next Wednesday along with mine (10th)??

For those of you who have gone through the decision process, what is the consensus? Friday notifications for all? I guess it looks that way looking back over the thread. The 12th it is...:scared::D:rolleyes:

does anyone know how to log into the status check page? I submitted my secondary on 8/14 and I haven't heard anything at all.

I just tried checking my status and it said that it couldn't find my application number. Has anybody else had that problem? Does it mean I have been rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.