You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Albany Medical College Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Finally complete haha. I predict it'll be a while before I hear anything from this school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally complete haha. I predict it'll be a while before I hear anything from this school.
I have not heard anything, and it's been a while.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? Just wanted to get a feel for what Albany is asking for.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? Just wanted to get a feel for what Albany is asking for.
gpa and science gpa around 3.7
9 verbal 11 bio physical 12
OOS
rejected =(
no interview anywhere yet.. so sad =(
reality of this starts to hit =(
no interview anywhere yet.. so sad =(
reality of this starts to hit =(
rejected =(
no interview anywhere yet.. so sad =(
reality of this starts to hit =(
Sorry. Did they send you an email or status update?
rejected =(
no interview anywhere yet.. so sad =(
reality of this starts to hit =(
i cant see ur stats. but keep believing. there is still time!!!
on another note.
albany... =( why dont u want me?
i would love to go down to see the campus cuz my best friend's cousin (who is also quite a close friend of mine) is doing his pharm phd there!!!
it'll be so cool if we could all meet there.
damn!

I have an interview on Thursday and I'm debating whether to drive down the night before to go to the student talk or just drive before my interview the next morning and save some money on a hotel.
Has anyone interviewed there and gone to the talk? Is it worth it?
Has anyone interviewed there and gone to the talk? Is it worth it?
2
245399
For those of you who didn't have check in until 11:15 am, around what time were you all finished and free to leave?
For those of you who didn't have check in until 11:15 am, around what time were you all finished and free to leave?
If I recall correctly the interviews start around 1 or 130 depending on how long the other parts go.
I am pretty sure I was the last person as everyone else's bags were gone when finished. However both my interviews went over an hour (they're supposed to be 30-45 mins I think) and I was out of there by 4. I don't know if this is typical but I think 4 is the absolute latest you would be there.
yay! third interview! just when I thought there was no more..
out of state. mediocre stats, for 11/18!
out of state. mediocre stats, for 11/18!
If I recall correctly the interviews start around 1 or 130 depending on how long the other parts go.
I am pretty sure I was the last person as everyone else's bags were gone when finished. However both my interviews went over an hour (they're supposed to be 30-45 mins I think) and I was out of there by 4. I don't know if this is typical but I think 4 is the absolute latest you would be there.
yay! third interview! just when I thought there was no more..
out of state. mediocre stats, for 11/18!
congrats. did they send u an email? when were u complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
complete 8/26 and by email.
congrats. did they send u an email? when were u complete?
has anyone who was put on hold heard anything?
Idk but I've been complete since 8/11th, and I have heard NOTHING, no hold or rejection or invite.
Same here. No news at all.
Anyone have any idea on the percentage they accept from interview? Because I know they only interview ~550 people, and they have ~130 students. It seems like they might accept a very high number of the people they interview--even before accounting for those who withdraw after the interview.
Hold today. Complete early sept. Have they actually rejected anyone here?
Hold today. Complete early sept. Have they actually rejected anyone here?
sorry man. How did you find out? Email?
i cant see ur stats. but keep believing. there is still time!!!
on another note.
albany... =( why dont u want me?
i would love to go down to see the campus cuz my best friend's cousin (who is also quite a close friend of mine) is doing his pharm phd there!!!
it'll be so cool if we could all meet there.
damn!![]()
Um because your Canadian... If you were American you would have gotten accepted to every school you applied to.
sorry man. How did you find out? Email?
yea email
Interview invite. Stoked! and thankful to God. Interviewing in december
Interview invite. Stoked! and thankful to God. Interviewing in december
Congrats!👍 When were you complete?
How long did it take to be marked 'complete' on app status page?
I submitted two months ago and it's still not COMPLETE! 🙁 Frustrating.
I submitted two months ago and it's still not COMPLETE! 🙁 Frustrating.
How long did it take to be marked 'complete' on app status page?
I submitted two months ago and it's still not COMPLETE! 🙁 Frustrating.
I got complete pretty quick and but havent heard anything since early September. It's pretty frustrating alright.
I'm withdrawing from my interview this week...hope one of ya'll gets it!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm withdrawing from my interview this week...hope one of ya'll gets it!!
Haha, thanks.
I'm withdrawing from my interview this week...hope one of ya'll gets it!!
haha ya I hope there are more ppl like you!! Gratz tho. you can breath easy for the coming year now.👍
I'm withdrawing from my interview this week...hope one of ya'll gets it!!
Same here. I'm calling this week to withdraw my application and cancel my interview in early November.
Good luck to ya'll.
Did anybody else get an email from Albany stating that because they had so many applicants they wouldn't be reviewing your file for interview status until after the new year?
Did anybody else get an email from Albany stating that because they had so many applicants they wouldn't be reviewing your file for interview status until after the new year?
not yet..when were you complete?
Did anybody else get an email from Albany stating that because they had so many applicants they wouldn't be reviewing your file for interview status until after the new year?
I got one. It sounds like a hold, though I might be wrong.
I've realized way too late now that Albany doesn't take letters from AMCAS (which is lame). Can AMCAS forward them to interfolio? What options do I have?
Forward to Interfolio and have them send it to AMCAS.
I've realized way too late now that Albany doesn't take letters from AMCAS (which is lame). Can AMCAS forward them to interfolio? What options do I have?
Yea Albany is really lame like that. AMCAS will not forward to interfolio or anything either. You need to get your letter writers to submit to interfolio themselves (or just send them directly to Albany).
or ask your premed advisor. they did it for me.
We are writing to update you on the status of your application. Your
file has been processed, made complete and is now in line for review
by the Admissions Committee. Due to the high volume of applications,
we anticipate communicating your status regarding interview sometime
after the first of the year. If you have any questions, please call
our office and we will be glad to answer them. Thank you for your
patience and your interest in Albany Medical College.
Sincerely,
Joanne H. Nanos, MS EdS Director of Admissions and Student Records
I was complete first week of September. People complete around that time have had interview invites.
file has been processed, made complete and is now in line for review
by the Admissions Committee. Due to the high volume of applications,
we anticipate communicating your status regarding interview sometime
after the first of the year. If you have any questions, please call
our office and we will be glad to answer them. Thank you for your
patience and your interest in Albany Medical College.
Sincerely,
Joanne H. Nanos, MS EdS Director of Admissions and Student Records
I was complete first week of September. People complete around that time have had interview invites.
Last edited:
We are writing to update you on the status of your application. Your
file has been processed, made complete and is now in line for review
by the Admissions Committee. Due to the high volume of applications,
we anticipate communicating your status regarding interview sometime
after the first of the year. If you have any questions, please call
our office and we will be glad to answer them. Thank you for your
patience and your interest in Albany Medical College.
Sincerely,
Joanne H. Nanos, MS EdS Director of Admissions and Student Records
I was complete first week of September. People complete around that time have had interview invites. This is so gay.
It's so gay is it?
It's so gay is it?
Well, when I was a kid gay meant lame 😉
(this is a reference to the 3rd season premiere of The Office titled "Gay Witch Hunt" for those confused)
Well, when I was a kid gay meant lame 😉
(this is a reference to the 3rd season premiere of The Office titled "Gay Witch Hunt" for those confused)
Michael Scott:I'm going in for a procedure today.Oscar:Is everything ok?Michael Scott:Yeah. It's routine. I'm just a little bit scared.Oscar:I'm sure everything will be fine. What's the procedure if you don't mind my asking?Michael Scott:It is a colonoscopy.Oscar:Ok.Michael Scott:In your experience, what should I be expecting, in terms of sensation. Or, emotions. [pause] Is there anything I can do to make it more pleasurable for me or for Dr. Shandri. My main concern is should I have a safe word?Oscar:Yeah. [walks out of the office]
🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, when I was a kid gay meant lame 😉
(this is a reference to the 3rd season premiere of The Office titled "Gay Witch Hunt" for those confused)
Gay never meant lame, just bigotry. It is offensive because when you use it negatively (as in lame) you are referring to a group of people who associate with that word. Especially since gay people do not have their full rights in the US.
Gay never meant lame, just bigotry. It is offensive because when you use it negatively (as in lame) you are referring to a group of people who associate with that word. Especially since gay people do not have their full rights in the US.
I'm pretty sure softmed and I agree that using gay in the context skeptic29 did is HIGHLY offensive, I hope I didn't come off in any other way.
BTW, Patterson is sending the same-sex marriage bill to the cronies in ALBANY!!!! Let's hope it get approved!
Let's not get into an argument about the semiotics of the word gay and appropriating/re-appropriating the word etc, this is a forum on Albany.
I was just poking fun at skeptic29 using gay in the terrible context many people do, you'd think as a potential physician he or she would be a little more cautious with his/her vocabulary, but I guess you can't win 'em all!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K