2009-2010 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
saaaaaaaaame here. hahahha.

OMG! That sucks. You seem like a great candidate academically and you've worked with the underserved. I'm really scared now!

PS. At least you already have an acceptance under your belt! :cool:
Good luck with everything!

What date was the letter postmarked? I'm in Cali so I am wondering how much longer it will take to get to me :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow just got my acceptance letter and I am so relieved...

Just curious - when were the letters postmarked? And did acceptance letters arrive via USPS (regular mail) or some other method of delivery? Was it a "big letter?" Thanks in advance! Congratulations!

The letters were sent december 1st, I called them today to ask if they sent the letters already, and they said they will send them this week through next week. Went outside 2 hrs later to get the mail (like i have been doing ever since thanksgiving) and saw the letter. It was a package with some forms and acceptance letter.

Got my letter today.
Congrats to everyone getting an acceptance!

JazB---where in the Bay Area... Berkeley? East Bay? SF? Stanfurd?

OMG! That sucks. You seem like a great candidate academically and you've worked with the underserved. I'm really scared now!

PS. At least you already have an acceptance under your belt! :cool:
Good luck with everything!

haha thanks...i appreciate the kind words. thankfully i have one acceptance so this doesn't sting as much, but still....anyways, i firmly believe that everything happens for a reason, and there must be some reason it's not meant to be right now!

oh and, my letter was dated and postmarked 12/2 and i got it today (12/3) in the mail. the alternate letter is a really thin envelope...i knew it wasn't good news when i picked it up lol

interviewed 10/16
accepted 12/3

withdrawing my app tomorrow, so those of you on the waitlist cross your fingers my spot goes to you!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Im hoping to hear something today since Im in SC. I chose not to use my college address and used my home address. Too bad I live in the country and there's only one slow poke mailman who likes to chat and carry on 2 hour conversations with customers so she never gives us a reliable time to watch for the mail. :sleep:
I just need to calm my nerves.

Does anyone know when the next round of invites will be?? I am getting a little anxious...as I didnt get that hold email a lot of ppl received

Just got word there's a big envelope from Morehouse at home....now I have to wait 3 more hours until I can get to it and open it. :eek:

Idk... I really like the DC area but I fell in love with Morehouse b/c of Grady!

Accepted! I really loved my visit here. Definitely will be a tough decision come end of March. Check the Mdapp out if you are interested in completion dates.

I received a regular envelope in the mail. I noticed it was a little thin so I guessed that is was probably not good news. I have been placed on an Alternate List :(. Congrats to those who got accepted.

got my letter on the 3rd also!

it was super thin and had me worried until I opened it.

I AM SO EXCITED TO GO TO MOREHOUSE NEXT YEAR!

facebook group or anything started yet??

congrats fellow classmates

hello all, i been creeping around on this thread...congratulations to everyone on their acceptance, and those on the waitlist pre or post interview, "keep on praying"

i have an interview feb 5th--anyone else? i really like howard (ergo the signature), but i'm really interested in what the deal is about morehouse.

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone who got their letter interviewed in November. I was the last batch of interviews and I am still waiting on a letter. I'm thinking maybe they send them out in interview order.

Hi, I am just wondering if anyone who got their letter interviewed in November. I was the last batch of interviews and I am still waiting on a letter. I'm thinking maybe they send them out in interview order.
Lol deleted my response, wrong thread!

Last edited:

Accepted!!! God is GOOD!!!

I interviewed Nov. 13th. Got my letter yesterday. It was postmarked Dec. 1st...

Alternative List....:( No acceptance to date
Does anyone know the likelihood of getting off the waitlist? The letter says they don't rank people, but I can't help but wonder how else they would decide...Also, do they only invite 50 people or do they invite way more?

First acceptance today! Nice!
Interviewed Nov. 20th, post marked Dec. 1st
Out of state

Boy, that was quick!

Did you guys get your acceptances express, or was it just regular mail?

First acceptance today! Nice!
Interviewed Nov. 20th, post marked Dec. 1st
Out of state

Boy, that was quick!

I interviewed on the 20th of november also. Was the dude in the red tie........lol

Yeah I interviewed on Nov. 20th, girl with the dreads. I've been to so many interviews I cant remember people by what they wore, unless it stood out!

Yeah I interviewed on Nov. 20th, girl with the dreads. I've been to so many interviews I cant remember people by what they wore, unless it stood out!

Lol..... Yeah we sat next to each other on the shuttle to grady and back to morehouse duh!!!!! Remember? Lol......

OMG Finally got the letter ! I've been accepted to MSM ! First acceptance this far...I am so excited ! I interviewed on October 9th with TaylorMD :D

Lol..... Yeah we sat next to each other on the shuttle to grady and back to morehouse duh!!!!! Remember? Lol......

Oh I remember you very well! I'm glad that you got in because you seem like a really good person! Have you heard back from any where else that you've applied?

OMG Finally got the letter ! I've been accepted to MSM ! First acceptance this far...I am so excited ! I interviewed on October 9th with TaylorMD :D

Congrats POW! You interviewed with me??? What do you look like? I was the only light skinned guy I believe, short hair, glasses from NYC.

Thanks man ! Congrats to you too. I was the tall dude who asked about the gym when the 2nd year students were chatting with us.

Thanks! Yea, I remember you. Those students were pretty chill and funny.

We can get the MS1 basketball team together if we both go haha, I'll run point guard.

Last edited:
Red tie? HOW AM I SUPPOSED 2 REMEMBER THAT? LOL

Wait, girl w/ dreads--the same girl w/ dreads that dropped me off to the train station??

Last edited:

Wait, girl w/ dreads--the same girl w/ dreads that dropped me off to the train station??

I remember you! The girl who dropped you off to the train station def. did not have dreads! lol But I drove like she did and I was about to offer to drive you.

Ok you must be the New Yorker or so. We both waited in the lunch room for our second interview, while others were called to go interview. Well dunno.

Oh I remember you very well! I'm glad that you got in because you seem like a really good person! Have you heard back from any where else that you've applied?

Well I did only Morehouse, MCG, and Meharry for my secondaries, and I have my MCG on the 9th of december. My Meharry is meant to be on the 11th but i'll call them to inform them that I am not going to show up.

Anybody going to be there this Friday? I am and I'm so nervous! This is my first interview!

Well I did only Morehouse, MCG, and Meharry for my secondaries, and I have my MCG on the 9th of december. My Meharry is meant to be on the 11th but i'll call them to inform them that I am not going to show up.

Well good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.