2022-2023 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you @ihoop for sharing this year's questions!

2022-2023 Morehouse Secondary Essay Prompts

1. What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to: 1. Administration 2.Teaching 3.Patient Care 4.Research (999 characters)

2. Briefly explain the reasons for your selections in the Perceptions of Your Medical Career Section. (999 characters)
- This prompt is based on your answer to this question: Identify the one type of medical career listed below to which you may wish to devote the majority of your professional efforts: Primary Care, Other Specialty Care, Research/Teaching, Undecided

3. Type a brief statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse School of Medicine and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee of Admissions in the consideration of your application. (9999 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Incoming M1 here. Good luck y’all! I would be glad to answer as many questions about the application process as my time and knowledge permit.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Incoming M1 here. Good luck y’all! I would be glad to answer as many questions about the application process as my time and knowledge permit.
Hey!! congrats on being an incoming M1!! MSM is my top choice so I'd like to connect with you and ask questions if you don't mind. Is it okay if I message you on here?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey!! congrats on being an incoming M1!! MSM is my top choice so I'd like to connect with you and ask questions if you don't mind. Is it okay if I message you on here?
Thank you! I am so grateful to be in this position. MSM is a wonderful school that invests heavily in its students and communities. You can definitely message me with questions.

What's the min MCAT score for admission

What's the min MCAT score for admission
I read somewhere that ave is about 504 but MSM accepts a range of MCAT scores what is most important is that you fit and align with the STRONG mission of the school.

Reactions: 3 users
is aamc preview recommended or like absolutely required for morehouse? i'm considering taking it bc morehouse is pretty up there in my top schools and i wouldn't want to risk my chances

is aamc preview recommended or like absolutely required for morehouse? i'm considering taking it bc morehouse is pretty up there in my top schools and i wouldn't want to risk my chances
I wouldn't risk it. I signed up for it even though it only says recommended, I wanna take no chances at all

Has anyone received a secondary from here yet? If so, can you please post the prompts?

Does anyone know if preview is mandatory? I take my preview test early August, hoping it won’t delay my app

Does anyone know if preview is mandatory? I take my preview test early August, hoping it won’t delay my app
It says “strongly recommended” but it’s not required!

Members don't see this ad :)
In their FAQ page about preview it says it won’t negatively affect your application/evaluation if you don’t take it, and adcoms are instructed to disregard missing preview scores in your evaluation, so I’m not planning on taking it.

I would love to not have to take it, already gotta take CASPer

No secondary yet

Last edited:
Did anyone reach out to admissions and asked when secondary's will be sent. I only have two top schools which are hbcus and Morehouse is one of them.

How strict do they screen for GPA, for us low GPA high MCAT folks, and if they screen any advice on getting around it?

Did any one get secondary yet ?
no not yet. I am thinking about just emailing them. Like even an acknowledgement of AMCAS primary would have been helpful to know that they got our application.

Secondary received just now

Reactions: 2 users
1. What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to: 1. Administration 2. Teaching 3. Patient Care 4. Research (999 characters)

2. Briefly explain the reasons for your selections in the Perceptions of Your Medical Career Section. (999 characters)
- This prompt is based on your answer to this question: Identify the one type of medical career listed below to which you may wish to devote the majority of your professional efforts: Primary Care, Other Specialty Care, Research/Teaching, Undecided

3. Type a brief statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse School of Medicine and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee of Admissions in the consideration of your application. (9999 characters)

Reactions: 2 users
Verified today at 9:30 am. Secondary received at 10:40 am

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like I'm overthinking these answers though. Like I know how to answer it, the explanation just seems weird.

For those getting secondaries, do you have MCAT scores already? still waiting on mine

Yes my mcat is already in!

Got my secondary ! Good luck to all !

Did anyone get a second email from MSM, that is basically the same as the initial secondary email?

1. What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to: 1. Administration 2. Teaching 3. Patient Care 4. Research (999 characters)

I see that the last one says says brief statement and 9999 characters. Do you think we should air on the side of a couple of sentences brief or a couple of paragraphs brief?

I see that the last one says says brief statement and 9999 characters. Do you think we should air on the side of a couple of sentences brief or a couple of paragraphs brief?
I was planning on about one page

Anyone submit their secondary yet? I just submitted. I see they started giving interviews last year around like the 13th of August.

I cant submit my app, does morehouse accept fap for secondaries

Has anyone tried submitting their application and it says its not working

does anyone know for sure if they need your MCAT score before sending out secondaries? tia :)