2021-2022 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If already sent letter of intent would it be too much to send an update letter ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Was also notified of my placement on the waitlist yesterday. Fingers crossed we all make it off!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I got my invite a few weeks ago. I was surprised how late my interview date is but I’m staying hopeful
when is the interview and how many dates were left when you scheduled?

Reactions: 1 user
I’m scheduled for first week of March. I only saw 2 more dates after that. The last date I saw on the calendar was the very end of March
oh okay then seems like they might be done sending out II. I was complete Aug and complete silence since.

• Care
I guess this is a rip haven’t gotten an email for interview or waitlist I guess it’s a silent R

• Care
I guess this is a rip haven’t gotten an email for interview or waitlist I guess it’s a silent R
Remember that it takes immense strength and perseverance to even get to this point in the process. Whether that’s here or somewhere else, I have faith that you will end up where you belong.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard that this cycle is running longer than previous cycle and think there may be a couple more weeks of II's that get sent out likely. from last year's sdn page, there were people who received IIs late Feb, so hopefully there is still a chance!

Is the waitlist and the alternate list the same thing? I was placed on the "alternate list" in December and have not heard any updates since.

MSM is my top choice and I'm really hoping I make it off the waitlist! Fingers crossed!

Was also notified of my placement on the waitlist yesterday. Fingers crossed we all make it off!
If you don't mind sharing, were you also on the "alternate list"? The email I received in December about being placed on this list stated that it was "unranked" and that it could not be predicted who would and would not be accepted. Not really sure what they meant by this!

Wait there’s a difference between alternate and waitlist??? I’m placed on the alternate in October rip

If you don't mind sharing, were you also on the "alternate list"? The email I received in December about being placed on this list stated that it was "unranked" and that it could not be predicted who would and would not be accepted. Not really sure what they meant by this!
The exact verbiage of my decision email was "alternate list". The terms are generally used interchangeably and for this program in particular there is no discernible difference as it is unranked.

The exact verbiage of my decision email was "alternate list". The terms are generally used interchangeably and for this program in particular there is no discernible difference as it is unranked.
Okay great! I think I misunderstood your post about being notified of your "position" I thought you meant they let you know where you were ranked but I see what you meant now. Thank you!

II today. complete in august. Also never took the SJT exam so unsure if they removed that as a requirement mid cycle. Anyone else who did not take it get an interview or acceptance? Do not know if this was a mistake

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II today. complete in august. Also never took the SJT exam so unsure if they removed that as a requirement mid cycle. Anyone else who did not take it get an interview or acceptance? Do not know if this was a mistake
what were your stats if okay with sharing?

I'm due to interview in Early March. Is this a bit late and should I consider it more than likely I'll be placed on the waitlist or are there a good amount of A's going out?

I'm due to interview in Early March. Is this a bit late and should I consider it more than likely I'll be placed on the waitlist or are there a good amount of A's going out?
While nobody here can answer this with certainty, it seems that there are a number of people interviewing in March. Therefore, I would venture to assume that you are still in the running. Additionally, MSM does not consider you for an interview unless they truly want you. They know this process is stressful and do not play games with applicants. So, I say.. crush the interview and you have a solid shot.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Another week, another chance for waitlist movement (seeing as though it has already started)

I’m manifesting Morehouse 🙏🏽

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
No word back. No rejection, waitlist, or interview :/

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
When does Morehouse typically send out acceptances, like which day of the month?

how many interview dates were left when you got your II?

Being on the waitlist can be so difficult. I have committed thousands of dollars in nonrefundable deposits to another school. I also need to secure housing at the other school soon, which would require additional nonrefundable security deposits. I’m a low income applicant, and it’s hard to just swallow money like that, even if it does guarantee my future. Prayers for myself and everyone else on the waitlist who is dying to go here. This process is soul crushing sometimes.

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Being on the waitlist can be so difficult. I have committed thousands of dollars in nonrefundable deposits to another school. I also need to secure housing at the other school soon, which would require additional nonrefundable security deposits. I’m a low income applicant, and it’s hard to just swallow money like that, even if it does guarantee my future. Prayers for myself and everyone else on the waitlist who is dying to go here. This process is soul crushing sometimes.
I totally agree!!!! Prayers <3 and virtual hugs

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I’m in the same boat friend. Praying/crossing my fingers we all make it off the waitlist! ❤️

Last edited:
  • Care
I submitted my secondaries in October and just thought about how quiet they’ve been, so I emailed them and they tell me my application is still under review! Are they silently rejecting?

I submitted my secondaries in October and just thought about how quiet they’ve been, so I emailed them and they tell me my application is still under review! Are they silently rejecting?
No, they have more interview dates. I received an II last week. will be cancelling though so another spot should hopefully open up

• Wow
To all who have been accepted, did y’all send thank you letters/ should I send them?

To all who have been accepted, did y’all send thank you letters/ should I send them?
I sent thank you notes, but they were pretty generic. I don't think it really affects the admission decision, but it is considered the polite thing to do.

Just emailed to release my interview spot. Hope it goes to someone here if they plan to extend it to someone else, good luck

Has any of the January interviewees heard back yet?