2021-2022 Morehouse

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard that this cycle is running longer than previous cycle and think there may be a couple more weeks of II's that get sent out likely. from last year's sdn page, there were people who received IIs late Feb, so hopefully there is still a chance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the waitlist and the alternate list the same thing? I was placed on the "alternate list" in December and have not heard any updates since.

MSM is my top choice and I'm really hoping I make it off the waitlist! Fingers crossed!
 
Was also notified of my placement on the waitlist yesterday. Fingers crossed we all make it off!
If you don't mind sharing, were you also on the "alternate list"? The email I received in December about being placed on this list stated that it was "unranked" and that it could not be predicted who would and would not be accepted. Not really sure what they meant by this!
 
If you don't mind sharing, were you also on the "alternate list"? The email I received in December about being placed on this list stated that it was "unranked" and that it could not be predicted who would and would not be accepted. Not really sure what they meant by this!
The exact verbiage of my decision email was "alternate list". The terms are generally used interchangeably and for this program in particular there is no discernible difference as it is unranked.
 
The exact verbiage of my decision email was "alternate list". The terms are generally used interchangeably and for this program in particular there is no discernible difference as it is unranked.
Okay great! I think I misunderstood your post about being notified of your "position" I thought you meant they let you know where you were ranked but I see what you meant now. Thank you!
 
I'm due to interview in Early March. Is this a bit late and should I consider it more than likely I'll be placed on the waitlist or are there a good amount of A's going out?
 
I'm due to interview in Early March. Is this a bit late and should I consider it more than likely I'll be placed on the waitlist or are there a good amount of A's going out?
While nobody here can answer this with certainty, it seems that there are a number of people interviewing in March. Therefore, I would venture to assume that you are still in the running. Additionally, MSM does not consider you for an interview unless they truly want you. They know this process is stressful and do not play games with applicants. So, I say.. crush the interview and you have a solid shot.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Being on the waitlist can be so difficult. I have committed thousands of dollars in nonrefundable deposits to another school. I also need to secure housing at the other school soon, which would require additional nonrefundable security deposits. I’m a low income applicant, and it’s hard to just swallow money like that, even if it does guarantee my future. Prayers for myself and everyone else on the waitlist who is dying to go here. This process is soul crushing sometimes.
 
Being on the waitlist can be so difficult. I have committed thousands of dollars in nonrefundable deposits to another school. I also need to secure housing at the other school soon, which would require additional nonrefundable security deposits. I’m a low income applicant, and it’s hard to just swallow money like that, even if it does guarantee my future. Prayers for myself and everyone else on the waitlist who is dying to go here. This process is soul crushing sometimes.
I totally agree!!!! Prayers <3 and virtual hugs
 
Being on the waitlist can be so difficult. I have committed thousands of dollars in nonrefundable deposits to another school. I also need to secure housing at the other school soon, which would require additional nonrefundable security deposits. I’m a low income applicant, and it’s hard to just swallow money like that, even if it does guarantee my future. Prayers for myself and everyone else on the waitlist who is dying to go here. This process is soul crushing sometimes.
I’m in the same boat friend. Praying/crossing my fingers we all make it off the waitlist! ❤️
 
Last edited:
To all who have been accepted, did y’all send thank you letters/ should I send them?
I sent thank you notes, but they were pretty generic. I don't think it really affects the admission decision, but it is considered the polite thing to do.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad