2020-2021 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Morehouse School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone applying! Has anyone received a secondary from Morehouse yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have info on the letter grading curriculum at Morehouse? I know most schools are pass-fail, so I am wondering why they haven't switched over? Do they report GPAs to residencies?

Does anyone know what the GPA/MCAT screen is?

Nope! I know they screen so I think that may be cause for the delay

COVID may also be a cause of the delay. Morehouse is one of the few schools that hasn't released their secondaries compared to other schools who have sent them and do screen. Just a thought.

I just emailed the Director of Admissions, and she told me they are reviewing applications now. We should hear from them in the next several days.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I just got the "app received" update.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm an MSM student now, and the director of my program told me MD Admissions is already "flooded" with primary applications. They've already gotten 3000+ applications, which is a lot for it to not even be August yet.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an MSM student now, and the director of my program told me MD Admissions is already "flooded" with primary applications. They've already gotten 3000+ applications, which is a lot for it to not even be August yet.
Does this mean thy are going to send secondaries out in batches?

It seems like this is the case for a lot of schools. I'm wondering if this is mainly because people had nothing to do because of the pandemic, meaning people were able to start and complete primary apps earlier than they would have been able to.

It seems like this is the case for a lot of schools. I'm wondering if this is mainly because people had nothing to do because of the pandemic, meaning people were able to start and complete primary apps earlier than they would have been able to.
This whole thing is so confusing because I feel like so many people are still not verified or had major delays because of transcripts. Who really even knows

Is their "required" shadowing a hard requirement? On MSAR, it seems like only ~85% of their incoming class has shadowing despite it being listed as "required" on MSAR and "imperative" on their website. I'm in the process of setting shadowing up (99% sure it's going to work out) for in the next few weeks, but my original spring shadowing was cancelled due to COVID.

+11, OOS. For those of you who also got the 2° today, is that last prompt really a 10,000 character limit? Like, I'm not trying to write a dissertation here...

+11, OOS. For those of you who also got the 2° today, is that last prompt really a 10,000 character limit? Like, I'm not trying to write a dissertation here...

Yea it seemed pretty silly to me. I only utilized about 1/4 of the character limit.

+12, OOS as well

1) What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to: 1. Administration 2. Teaching 3. Patient Care 4. Research. (999 characters)

2) Briefly explain the reasons for your selections in the Perceptions of Your Medical Career Section (regarding community size you want to practice in). (999 characters)

3) If the answer to any part of this section (Personal Data) is 'Yes', give specific details below. If the answers are 'No', please enter Does not apply: (with respect to optional questions regarding previous med/dental school attendance, dismissals and/or convictions). (999 characters)

4) Type a brief statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse School of Medicine and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee of Admissions in the consideration of your application. (9999 characters)

#4 really testing us with that character count -_-

Reactions: 3 users
Submitted this morning! Good luck to everyone! Does anyone know the screen they did before sending the secondary? Was it just GPA/MCAT?

Anybody know if we’re supposed to get an email after we submit? I submitted yesterday and today got another email to upload a picture and FAP approval , but nothing saying my secondary was received. Thanks!

what documentation should we upload for FAP? All I have is a vague email and maybe a screenshot of the FAP portal.

+12, OOS as well

1) What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to: 1. Administration 2. Teaching 3. Patient Care 4. Research. (999 characters)

2) Briefly explain the reasons for your selections in the Perceptions of Your Medical Career Section (regarding community size you want to practice in). (999 characters)

3) If the answer to any part of this section (Personal Data) is 'Yes', give specific details below. If the answers are 'No', please enter Does not apply: (with respect to optional questions regarding previous med/dental school attendance, dismissals and/or convictions). (999 characters)

4) Type a brief statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse School of Medicine and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee of Admissions in the consideration of your application. (9999 characters)

#4 really testing us with that character count -_-
That character count is sumn else !!! Smh (with out spaces I might add)
+13 OOS, non traditional

For #1 are y’all strictly putting the area of interest and the percentage?
Ex: Teaching - 30% and so on
OR
Finessing them into a mini paragraph??

Last edited:
what documentation should we upload for FAP? All I have is a vague email and maybe a screenshot of the FAP portal.

I saved my FAP email as a PDF and uploaded that to the portal. Every other AMCAS school that has asked for my FAP waiver has accepted my PDF email.

That character count is sumn else !!! Smh (with out spaces I might add)
+13 OOS, non traditional

For #1 are y’all strictly putting the area of interest and the percentage?
Ex: Teaching - 30% and so on
OR
Finessing them into a mini paragraph??

I used the first two sentences saying how I plan to divide my time during my career (i.e. 70% patient care and 30% teaching) and explained in a paragraph why for both and what I plan to do for teaching.

I saved my FAP email as a PDF and uploaded that to the portal. Every other AMCAS school that has asked for my FAP waiver has accepted my PDF email.

How exactly is everyone answering the first question --

What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to: 1. Administration 2. Teaching 3. Patient Care 4. Research?

Are you listing out percentages or saying something like "I plan to spend most time on ___..."

How exactly is everyone answering the first question --

What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to: 1. Administration 2. Teaching 3. Patient Care 4. Research?

Are you listing out percentages or saying something like "I plan to spend most time on ___..."
I wrote out percentages because the next question asks you to explain

Under review
When you said "Under review". Did you mean that you got an email that said your application is under review after you submitted your secondary? I submitted my secondary but didn't get the said that said my application is completed or under review

When you said "Under review". Did you mean that you got an email that said your application is under review after you submitted your secondary? I submitted my secondary but didn't get the said that said my application is completed or under review
On the portal when you are complete it says “ your application will now be screened for a possible interview”

Anybody know if we’re supposed to get an email after we submit? I submitted yesterday and today got another email to upload a picture and FAP approval , but nothing saying my secondary was received. Thanks!
I submitted mine yesterday too but didn't get an email after I submitted

Do we have to follow up to confirm receipt for the FAP? The secondary says "It is my responsibility to follow up and confirm that my application is complete and all application materials have been received by the Office of Admissions." Do we call/email?