-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Morehouse
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Honestly feeling the same. Pre II rejection nowGot the pre-II R. Its crazy that none of the HBCUs have shown ANY love at all. Guess i'm thankful for the PWIs 🤣
Lmao same, I’ve given up on themGot the pre-II R. Its crazy that none of the HBCUs have shown ANY love at all. Guess i'm thankful for the PWIs 🤣
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R. OOS. Complete September
SamePre-II R. OOS. Complete September
D
deleted1029690
Just got rejected too. Good luck everyone!
Same 😭😭pre-II R just now 🙁 Complete early October
D
deleted1084408
Pre-II R, OOS, complete in September. Good luck to everyone!
+1
Did you submit a letter of intent?I also got the A! Interviewed beginning of December. While I'm not 100% sure yet I'll likely be turning it down. If I do I hope it goes to one of you guys!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1/29 and I haven't heard back yet 🙁Have any other late January interviewees heard anything?
dtugadawg
Full Member
I was also 1/29! Good luck! I'll let you know when I hear something.1/29 and I haven't heard back yet 🙁
I interviewed 1/20 still haven't heard back, but I believe someone in this thread who had the same date as I got put on WL.Have any other late January interviewees heard anything?
Thanks! Same to you 🙂I was also 1/29! Good luck! I'll let you know when I hear something.
Pre-II R yesterday. I really appreciated a response tho. Good luck to everyone else!
Pre-II R yesterday, good luck to everyone!
Complete 08/19. URM, OOS, MCAT 506Congrats! When were you complete?
Congrats!! What are your stats?
EnEyeAitch
Full Member
Does anyone know when Morehouse starts giving out award packages/scholarships?
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
I got waitlisted after my interview... does anyone know around what time I'd be hearing if I get off of it or not?
When did interview? Their deposit is due June 8th, I believe. So, I’m assuming they’ll let the WL individuals know around that time since classes start July 1st.I got waitlisted after my interview... does anyone know around what time I'd be hearing if I get off of it or not?
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
I interviewed on September 25th and I heard about waitlist (not ranked alternate list) on November 17When did interview? Their deposit is due June 8th, I believe. So, I’m assuming they’ll let the WL individuals know around that time since classes start July 1st.
Gonzo15
New Member
PSA from a current student. If you decide to come here, please do not live at Entra. I know the school will say it's mandatory but there a plenty of MD1s who do not currently live there. You can find much nicer apartments for cheaper and in much better neighborhoods. It's also not a great place if you are bringing any pets since they have zero accommodations for your furry friend. I wish you guys the best of luck!
psychneuro33
Full Member
Pretty sure the mandatory living is for the incoming class correct? This is one of the things that’s turning me off from the school but they were adamant that it’s mandatory for us unless we are in state or have a family (which, I’m neither of those). Also have pets and don’t want roommates (they said one bedrooms are really hard to get, plus they’re so expensive) so it’s just not a great situation.PSA from a current student. If you decide to come here, please do not live at Entra. I know the school will say it's mandatory but there a plenty of MD1s who do not currently live there. You can find much nicer apartments for cheaper and in much better neighborhoods. It's also not a great place if you are bringing any pets since they have zero accommodations for your furry friend. I wish you guys the best of luck!
How could we avoid living there for the first year?PSA from a current student. If you decide to come here, please do not live at Entra. I know the school will say it's mandatory but there a plenty of MD1s who do not currently live there. You can find much nicer apartments for cheaper and in much better neighborhoods. It's also not a great place if you are bringing any pets since they have zero accommodations for your furry friend. I wish you guys the best of luck!
fish031225
Full Member
After received the offer and paid the $100 deposit, my AAMC application portal is stopped at "paying deposit". But I already paid. Should it show an option of "commit to enrollment"? Does anybody know is it normal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fish031225
Full Member
Thank you so much"Commit to enroll" isn't an option until April 30th. You can "Plan to enroll" on the CYMS tool which is on the main AMCAS application not on Morehouse's portal.
Pretty sure the mandatory living is for the incoming class correct? This is one of the things that’s turning me off from the school but they were adamant that it’s mandatory for us unless we are in state or have a family (which, I’m neither of those). Also have pets and don’t want roommates (they said one bedrooms are really hard to get, plus they’re so expensive) so it’s just not a great situation.
I would tell them that you have a pet honestly, it’s a legitimate reason. I’m not a fan of entra either. It’s giving college dorm lol and we’re grown . I think it’s a great OPTION if you wanted to live there. If i was single/no pets, i probably would but it’s a no for me
psychneuro33
Full Member
Yes I genuinely don’t like not having a choice with where I live first year. Hopefully if I get in then they will be accommodating.I would tell them that you have a pet honestly, it’s a legitimate reason. I’m not a fan of entra either. It’s giving college dorm lol and we’re grown . I think it’s a great OPTION if you wanted to live there. If i was single/no pets, i probably would but it’s a no for me
Gonzo15
New Member
Most of the people who don't live at Entra just found a different place and never mentioned it to the school. I think the school is just trying to pressure the people who are stressed out about finding housing, especially when it gets closer to school starting. Just relax and take your time to look around for places to find what works best for you.How could we avoid living there for the first year?
southernpremed1993
Full Member
I was 1/29 as well and haven't heard anything.1/29 and I haven't heard back yet 🙁
Thank you very much for sharing this! What other places to a lot of students live or recommend?Most of the people who don't live at Entra just found a different place and never mentioned it to the school. I think the school is just trying to pressure the people who are stressed out about finding housing, especially when it gets closer to school starting. Just relax and take your time to look around for places to find what works best for you.
Current 4th-year student here. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted, and good luck to people who are on the waitlist.
I am writing this message about a house located about 15min far from the school in Mableton. This is a large 4bed/2.5bath house with a big study room. Currently, it is occupied by three 4th year students, but once we match, we will be moving out. This house is conveniently located, so all of us lived here for four years. Rent is $1800 for the house; we divided it as $700 for the person occupying the master room with a private bath and $550 for people occupying the shared bathroom. The owner is cool, never had a problem. He wants to rent it to medical students, so I am posting it here. If anyone is interested, please pm me and I can send you the details.
Also, please let me know if anyone has any questions about MSM, I will be happy to share my experience.
I am writing this message about a house located about 15min far from the school in Mableton. This is a large 4bed/2.5bath house with a big study room. Currently, it is occupied by three 4th year students, but once we match, we will be moving out. This house is conveniently located, so all of us lived here for four years. Rent is $1800 for the house; we divided it as $700 for the person occupying the master room with a private bath and $550 for people occupying the shared bathroom. The owner is cool, never had a problem. He wants to rent it to medical students, so I am posting it here. If anyone is interested, please pm me and I can send you the details.
Also, please let me know if anyone has any questions about MSM, I will be happy to share my experience.
Hi everyone, I had a quick, kind of general, question. It may seem kind of silly, but I don't have anyone I know who has ever applied to medical school before, and am a little confused about the Choose Your Medical School Tool. I am on the waitlist here, but still would love to end up here, potentially, but if come April 30th, if I have another acceptance and put "commit to enroll" there to just make sure that I do not lose a spot in totality, would Morehouse be notified and automatically remove me from the waitlist? Based on previous threads, it seems that WL movement doesn't happen prior to the 30th, but I don't want to make the wrong selection at the wrong time that would exclude me from options that I still want to be able to consider. I hope this question makes sense! Thx so much to anyone that answers!
1/22 and I haven’t heard anythingI was 1/29 as well and haven't heard anything.
I believe that you can’t loose your waitlist spot. So the tool would technically drop any other ACCEPTANCES that you have. Since you are on the waitlist, you haven’t been accepted so you will stay on the list! So if you commit to another school and come off Morehouse waitlist a month later you can drop your other acceptance. Hope this helps!Hi everyone, I had a quick, kind of general, question. It may seem kind of silly, but I don't have anyone I know who has ever applied to medical school before, and am a little confused about the Choose Your Medical School Tool. I am on the waitlist here, but still would love to end up here, potentially, but if come April 30th, if I have another acceptance and put "commit to enroll" there to just make sure that I do not lose a spot in totality, would Morehouse be notified and automatically remove me from the waitlist? Based on previous threads, it seems that WL movement doesn't happen prior to the 30th, but I don't want to make the wrong selection at the wrong time that would exclude me from options that I still want to be able to consider. I hope this question makes sense! Thx so much to anyone that answers!
I had this same question and asked a dean of admissions about it. You can email the school whose waitlist you are on and inform them that you would like to stay on their waitlist even after you select commit to enroll at a different school. Once the school you are accepted has MATRICULATED you that is when you can no longer hold your waitlist spots.Hi everyone, I had a quick, kind of general, question. It may seem kind of silly, but I don't have anyone I know who has ever applied to medical school before, and am a little confused about the Choose Your Medical School Tool. I am on the waitlist here, but still would love to end up here, potentially, but if come April 30th, if I have another acceptance and put "commit to enroll" there to just make sure that I do not lose a spot in totality, would Morehouse be notified and automatically remove me from the waitlist? Based on previous threads, it seems that WL movement doesn't happen prior to the 30th, but I don't want to make the wrong selection at the wrong time that would exclude me from options that I still want to be able to consider. I hope this question makes sense! Thx so much to anyone that answers!
Wow, bless you! Thank you so much for sharing this. 🙂I had this same question and asked a dean of admissions about it. You can email the school whose waitlist you are on and inform them that you would like to stay on their waitlist even after you select commit to enroll at a different school. Once the school you are accepted has MATRICULATED you that is when you can no longer hold your waitlist spots.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Withdrew my acceptance today. Hope it goes to someone on the WL!
Congrats ok your multiple acceptances. What are your stats?Withdrew my acceptance today. Hope it goes to someone on the WL!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Thanks! <508 MCAT and <3.2 sGPA.Congrats ok your multiple acceptances. What are your stats?
Hello pheebs , firstly congrats on multiple interviews which I am sure will turn into acceptances. Secondly, this is not a silly question at all because there isn't enough information it seems readily available about the CYMS tool especially how it will affect applicants with multiple acceptances or waitlist positions.Hi everyone, I had a quick, kind of general, question. It may seem kind of silly, but I don't have anyone I know who has ever applied to medical school before, and am a little confused about the Choose Your Medical School Tool. I am on the waitlist here, but still would love to end up here, potentially, but if come April 30th, if I have another acceptance and put "commit to enroll" there to just make sure that I do not lose a spot in totality, would Morehouse be notified and automatically remove me from the waitlist? Based on previous threads, it seems that WL movement doesn't happen prior to the 30th, but I don't want to make the wrong selection at the wrong time that would exclude me from options that I still want to be able to consider. I hope this question makes sense! Thx so much to anyone that answers!
So the date you need to be the most mindful of is the "Commit to Enroll" deadline. Selecting this for any school indicates to that school that you are committing to them and you are removing any other acceptances AND waitlist positions. (We don't want this) This deadline is different for each school and is typically NOT on April 30th. (Morehouse's Commit to Enroll deadline is June 8th)
"Plan to Enroll" is a function that has been available within the CYMS Tool since mid-February. It says that you're strongly considering that school but not quite ready to commit. From now until April 30th schools do not know which of their applicants have selected plan to enroll for their school they only receive aggregate data. On April 30th two things happen. 1) Med Schools can now see which of their applicants have selected Plan to Enroll to their school 2) Applicants may only hold ONE acceptance however they can remain on multiple waitlists *This is key in your situation*
For you pheebs on April 30th, I would select "PLAN TO ENROLL" for the one med school you would like to attend out of the acceptances you currently hold. Stay away from the "Commit to Enroll" button until the deadline for that particular school and wait it out on Morehouse's waitlist. If lets a say a few days/weeks later (Before the Commit to Enroll" Deadline at the school you hold an acceptance at) Morehouse moves you from the waitlist then you can accept Morehouse's offer and commit to enroll at Morehouse.
So to sum things up don't select Commit to Enroll until the deadline!!!! I saw another poster recommends reaching out to the Dean of MedSchool you hold a waitlist while still selecting commit to enroll but this has some serious drawbacks. During this time schools may be receiving several emails and you wouldn't want one that is this important to get lost in the sauce. Secondly, since CYMS is an AMCAS tool (not controlled by any individual med school) selecting Commit may remove your application entirely from being selected by another school as a future matriculant. I can link all the pages that detail this information. I too have multiple acceptances and a few potential waitlists so I had to become very knowledgeable on the differences between Commit vs Plan to enroll and different deadlines. I know this is long, but I hope it helps.
Last edited:
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Nicely explained. But can you select "plan to enroll" for a med school that will potentially accept you? AKA a school you are WL'd at? I thought you can only plan to enroll at a school that has actually accepted youHello pheebs , firstly congrats on multiple interviews which I am sure will turn into acceptances. Secondly, this is not a silly question at all because there isn't enough information it seems readily available about the CYMS tool especially how it will affect applicants with multiple acceptances or waitlist positions.
So the date you need to be the most mindful of is the "Commit to Enroll" deadline. Selecting this for any school indicates to that school that you are committing to them and you are removing any other acceptances AND waitlist positions. (We don't want this) This deadline is different for each school and is typically NOT on April 30th. (Morehouse's Commit to Enroll deadline is June 8th)
"Plan to Enroll" is a function that has been available within the CYMS Tool since mid-February. It says that you're strongly considering that school but not quite ready to commit. From now until April 30th schools do not know which of their applicants have selected plan to enroll for their school they only receive aggregate data. On April 30th two things happen. 1) Med Schools can now see which of their applicants have selected Plan to Enroll to their school 2) Applicants may only hold ONE acceptance however they can remain on multiple waitlists *This is key in your situation*
For you pheebs on April 30th, I would select "PLAN TO ENROLL" for the med school that will potentially accept you. Stay away from the "Commit to Enroll" button until the deadline for that particular school and wait it out on Morehouse's waitlist. If lets a say a few days/weeks later (Before the Commit to Enroll" Deadline at the school you hold an acceptance at) Morehouse moves you from the waitlist then you can accept Morehouse's offer and commit to enroll at Morehouse.
So to sum things up don't select Commit to Enroll until the deadline!!!! I saw another poster recommends reaching out to the Dean of MedSchool you hold a waitlist while still selecting commit to enroll but this has some serious drawbacks. During this time schools may be receiving several emails and you wouldn't want one that is this important to get lost in the sauce. Secondly, since CYMS is an AMCAS tool (not controlled by any individual med school) selecting Commit may remove your application entirely from being selected by another school as a future matriculant. I can link all the pages that detail this information. I too have multiple acceptances and a few potential waitlists so I had to become very knowledgeable on the differences between Commit vs Plan to enroll and different deadlines. I know this is long, but I hope it helps.
No I don’t think you can select plan to enroll if you are on the waitlist. Only if you have been accepted!Nicely explained. But can you select "plan to enroll" for a med school that will potentially accept you? AKA a school you are WL'd at? I thought you can only plan to enroll at a school that has actually accepted you
No I don’t think you can select plan to enroll if you are on the waitlist. Only if you have been accepted!
Nikk234 is correct. You can only select Plan to Enroll to a school(s) that HAVE extended an acceptance to you. If you are waitlisted at a school it will not appear as an option to select within the CYMS tool. I'm sorry if that wording was unclear.Nicely explained. But can you select "plan to enroll" for a med school that will potentially accept you? AKA a school you are WL'd at? I thought you can only plan to enroll at a school that has actually accepted you