2020-2021 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the pre-II R. Its crazy that none of the HBCUs have shown ANY love at all. Guess i'm thankful for the PWIs šŸ¤£

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II rejection the day before I withdrew. They got me before I got them. My pride is SHOT lol. Good luck to everybody else. Praying for more acceptances for everybody !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R, OOS, complete in September. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Same with everyone else, Pre-II R. Complete end of August 2020. OOS, ORM, LM65.

• Care
Also received a pre-II R earlier today. Complete end of Oct, OOS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any other late January interviewees heard anything?
I interviewed 1/20 still haven't heard back, but I believe someone in this thread who had the same date as I got put on WL.

Pre-II R yesterday. I really appreciated a response tho. Good luck to everyone else!

Does anyone know when Morehouse starts giving out award packages/scholarships?

I got waitlisted after my interview... does anyone know around what time I'd be hearing if I get off of it or not?

I got waitlisted after my interview... does anyone know around what time I'd be hearing if I get off of it or not?
When did interview? Their deposit is due June 8th, I believe. So, Iā€™m assuming theyā€™ll let the WL individuals know around that time since classes start July 1st.

When did interview? Their deposit is due June 8th, I believe. So, Iā€™m assuming theyā€™ll let the WL individuals know around that time since classes start July 1st.
I interviewed on September 25th and I heard about waitlist (not ranked alternate list) on November 17

PSA from a current student. If you decide to come here, please do not live at Entra. I know the school will say it's mandatory but there a plenty of MD1s who do not currently live there. You can find much nicer apartments for cheaper and in much better neighborhoods. It's also not a great place if you are bringing any pets since they have zero accommodations for your furry friend. I wish you guys the best of luck!

Reactions: 7 users
PSA from a current student. If you decide to come here, please do not live at Entra. I know the school will say it's mandatory but there a plenty of MD1s who do not currently live there. You can find much nicer apartments for cheaper and in much better neighborhoods. It's also not a great place if you are bringing any pets since they have zero accommodations for your furry friend. I wish you guys the best of luck!
Pretty sure the mandatory living is for the incoming class correct? This is one of the things thatā€™s turning me off from the school but they were adamant that itā€™s mandatory for us unless we are in state or have a family (which, Iā€™m neither of those). Also have pets and donā€™t want roommates (they said one bedrooms are really hard to get, plus theyā€™re so expensive) so itā€™s just not a great situation.

How could we avoid living there for the first year?

After received the offer and paid the $100 deposit, my AAMC application portal is stopped at "paying deposit". But I already paid. Should it show an option of "commit to enrollment"? Does anybody know is it normal?
1.png

Pretty sure the mandatory living is for the incoming class correct? This is one of the things thatā€™s turning me off from the school but they were adamant that itā€™s mandatory for us unless we are in state or have a family (which, Iā€™m neither of those). Also have pets and donā€™t want roommates (they said one bedrooms are really hard to get, plus theyā€™re so expensive) so itā€™s just not a great situation.

I would tell them that you have a pet honestly, itā€™s a legitimate reason. Iā€™m not a fan of entra either. Itā€™s giving college dorm lol and weā€™re grown . I think itā€™s a great OPTION if you wanted to live there. If i was single/no pets, i probably would but itā€™s a no for me

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I would tell them that you have a pet honestly, itā€™s a legitimate reason. Iā€™m not a fan of entra either. Itā€™s giving college dorm lol and weā€™re grown . I think itā€™s a great OPTION if you wanted to live there. If i was single/no pets, i probably would but itā€™s a no for me
Yes I genuinely donā€™t like not having a choice with where I live first year. Hopefully if I get in then they will be accommodating.

How could we avoid living there for the first year?
Most of the people who don't live at Entra just found a different place and never mentioned it to the school. I think the school is just trying to pressure the people who are stressed out about finding housing, especially when it gets closer to school starting. Just relax and take your time to look around for places to find what works best for you.

Reactions: 2 users
Most of the people who don't live at Entra just found a different place and never mentioned it to the school. I think the school is just trying to pressure the people who are stressed out about finding housing, especially when it gets closer to school starting. Just relax and take your time to look around for places to find what works best for you.
Thank you very much for sharing this! What other places to a lot of students live or recommend?

Current 4th-year student here. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted, and good luck to people who are on the waitlist.

I am writing this message about a house located about 15min far from the school in Mableton. This is a large 4bed/2.5bath house with a big study room. Currently, it is occupied by three 4th year students, but once we match, we will be moving out. This house is conveniently located, so all of us lived here for four years. Rent is $1800 for the house; we divided it as $700 for the person occupying the master room with a private bath and $550 for people occupying the shared bathroom. The owner is cool, never had a problem. He wants to rent it to medical students, so I am posting it here. If anyone is interested, please pm me and I can send you the details.

Also, please let me know if anyone has any questions about MSM, I will be happy to share my experience.

Hi everyone, I had a quick, kind of general, question. It may seem kind of silly, but I don't have anyone I know who has ever applied to medical school before, and am a little confused about the Choose Your Medical School Tool. I am on the waitlist here, but still would love to end up here, potentially, but if come April 30th, if I have another acceptance and put "commit to enroll" there to just make sure that I do not lose a spot in totality, would Morehouse be notified and automatically remove me from the waitlist? Based on previous threads, it seems that WL movement doesn't happen prior to the 30th, but I don't want to make the wrong selection at the wrong time that would exclude me from options that I still want to be able to consider. I hope this question makes sense! Thx so much to anyone that answers!

Hi everyone, I had a quick, kind of general, question. It may seem kind of silly, but I don't have anyone I know who has ever applied to medical school before, and am a little confused about the Choose Your Medical School Tool. I am on the waitlist here, but still would love to end up here, potentially, but if come April 30th, if I have another acceptance and put "commit to enroll" there to just make sure that I do not lose a spot in totality, would Morehouse be notified and automatically remove me from the waitlist? Based on previous threads, it seems that WL movement doesn't happen prior to the 30th, but I don't want to make the wrong selection at the wrong time that would exclude me from options that I still want to be able to consider. I hope this question makes sense! Thx so much to anyone that answers!
I believe that you canā€™t loose your waitlist spot. So the tool would technically drop any other ACCEPTANCES that you have. Since you are on the waitlist, you havenā€™t been accepted so you will stay on the list! So if you commit to another school and come off Morehouse waitlist a month later you can drop your other acceptance. Hope this helps!

I had this same question and asked a dean of admissions about it. You can email the school whose waitlist you are on and inform them that you would like to stay on their waitlist even after you select commit to enroll at a different school. Once the school you are accepted has MATRICULATED you that is when you can no longer hold your waitlist spots.

I had this same question and asked a dean of admissions about it. You can email the school whose waitlist you are on and inform them that you would like to stay on their waitlist even after you select commit to enroll at a different school. Once the school you are accepted has MATRICULATED you that is when you can no longer hold your waitlist spots.
Wow, bless you! Thank you so much for sharing this. :)

Does anyone know what day/how often they meet to make decisions? I apologize if this has been answered before

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance today. Hope it goes to someone on the WL!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello pheebs , firstly congrats on multiple interviews which I am sure will turn into acceptances. Secondly, this is not a silly question at all because there isn't enough information it seems readily available about the CYMS tool especially how it will affect applicants with multiple acceptances or waitlist positions.

So the date you need to be the most mindful of is the "Commit to Enroll" deadline. Selecting this for any school indicates to that school that you are committing to them and you are removing any other acceptances AND waitlist positions. (We don't want this) This deadline is different for each school and is typically NOT on April 30th. (Morehouse's Commit to Enroll deadline is June 8th)

"Plan to Enroll" is a function that has been available within the CYMS Tool since mid-February. It says that you're strongly considering that school but not quite ready to commit. From now until April 30th schools do not know which of their applicants have selected plan to enroll for their school they only receive aggregate data. On April 30th two things happen. 1) Med Schools can now see which of their applicants have selected Plan to Enroll to their school 2) Applicants may only hold ONE acceptance however they can remain on multiple waitlists *This is key in your situation*

For you pheebs on April 30th, I would select "PLAN TO ENROLL" for the one med school you would like to attend out of the acceptances you currently hold. Stay away from the "Commit to Enroll" button until the deadline for that particular school and wait it out on Morehouse's waitlist. If lets a say a few days/weeks later (Before the Commit to Enroll" Deadline at the school you hold an acceptance at) Morehouse moves you from the waitlist then you can accept Morehouse's offer and commit to enroll at Morehouse.

So to sum things up don't select Commit to Enroll until the deadline!!!! I saw another poster recommends reaching out to the Dean of MedSchool you hold a waitlist while still selecting commit to enroll but this has some serious drawbacks. During this time schools may be receiving several emails and you wouldn't want one that is this important to get lost in the sauce. Secondly, since CYMS is an AMCAS tool (not controlled by any individual med school) selecting Commit may remove your application entirely from being selected by another school as a future matriculant. I can link all the pages that detail this information. I too have multiple acceptances and a few potential waitlists so I had to become very knowledgeable on the differences between Commit vs Plan to enroll and different deadlines. I know this is long, but I hope it helps.

Last edited:
Hello pheebs , firstly congrats on multiple interviews which I am sure will turn into acceptances. Secondly, this is not a silly question at all because there isn't enough information it seems readily available about the CYMS tool especially how it will affect applicants with multiple acceptances or waitlist positions.

So the date you need to be the most mindful of is the "Commit to Enroll" deadline. Selecting this for any school indicates to that school that you are committing to them and you are removing any other acceptances AND waitlist positions. (We don't want this) This deadline is different for each school and is typically NOT on April 30th. (Morehouse's Commit to Enroll deadline is June 8th)

"Plan to Enroll" is a function that has been available within the CYMS Tool since mid-February. It says that you're strongly considering that school but not quite ready to commit. From now until April 30th schools do not know which of their applicants have selected plan to enroll for their school they only receive aggregate data. On April 30th two things happen. 1) Med Schools can now see which of their applicants have selected Plan to Enroll to their school 2) Applicants may only hold ONE acceptance however they can remain on multiple waitlists *This is key in your situation*

For you pheebs on April 30th, I would select "PLAN TO ENROLL" for the med school that will potentially accept you. Stay away from the "Commit to Enroll" button until the deadline for that particular school and wait it out on Morehouse's waitlist. If lets a say a few days/weeks later (Before the Commit to Enroll" Deadline at the school you hold an acceptance at) Morehouse moves you from the waitlist then you can accept Morehouse's offer and commit to enroll at Morehouse.

So to sum things up don't select Commit to Enroll until the deadline!!!! I saw another poster recommends reaching out to the Dean of MedSchool you hold a waitlist while still selecting commit to enroll but this has some serious drawbacks. During this time schools may be receiving several emails and you wouldn't want one that is this important to get lost in the sauce. Secondly, since CYMS is an AMCAS tool (not controlled by any individual med school) selecting Commit may remove your application entirely from being selected by another school as a future matriculant. I can link all the pages that detail this information. I too have multiple acceptances and a few potential waitlists so I had to become very knowledgeable on the differences between Commit vs Plan to enroll and different deadlines. I know this is long, but I hope it helps.
Nicely explained. But can you select "plan to enroll" for a med school that will potentially accept you? AKA a school you are WL'd at? I thought you can only plan to enroll at a school that has actually accepted you

Nicely explained. But can you select "plan to enroll" for a med school that will potentially accept you? AKA a school you are WL'd at? I thought you can only plan to enroll at a school that has actually accepted you
No I donā€™t think you can select plan to enroll if you are on the waitlist. Only if you have been accepted!

No I donā€™t think you can select plan to enroll if you are on the waitlist. Only if you have been accepted!

Nikk234 is correct. You can only select Plan to Enroll to a school(s) that HAVE extended an acceptance to you. If you are waitlisted at a school it will not appear as an option to select within the CYMS tool. I'm sorry if that wording was unclear.