You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Morehouse
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pre-II rejection received this morning, about 25 minutes ago. Complete 8/4. Good luck everyone!
Last edited:
Don Medleone
New Member
JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE CALL!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nextstop.m.d
Full Member
Also got the call today!! Interviewed 11/2!
Cupcakeee78
Full Member
Still haven't heard anything... anyone submit mid-late Sept hear back about an II already? Submitted 09/21.OOS, Submitted 09/21, and silence over here. Had no idea about the IS preference until now, hopeful until I hear something.
Congrats at @desdmo that is awesome!
anon070501
Full Member
Any 11/4 interviews heard back yet ?
They have 2 interviews a week
Anyone removed off the alternate list yet?
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Pre-II rejection this morning, so heartbroken 💔 I am OOS & I guess they have an IS preference but I really loved this school 🥺
complete date?Pre-II rejection this morning, so heartbroken 💔 I am OOS & I guess they have an IS preference but I really loved this school 🥺
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
late augustcomplete date?
II around 4:30pm ET today. This is my first interview ever so super excited. Complete around early August. Stats are 520 MCAT, 3.96 sGPA
Congrats to the both of y’all. Best of luck all you need is an opportunity!!! So make the best of it and show them!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
How is this your first interview with those stats holy!!! Congrats though!II around 4:30pm ET today. This is my first interview ever so super excited. Complete around early August. Stats are 520 MCAT, 3.96 sGPA
Cause the med school application process is a jokeHow is this your first interview with those stats holy!!! Congrats though!
There is so much more in the process then just mcat/gpa. I’ve had lots of success this cycle and I have much lower stats.Cause the med school application process is a joke
You’re 100% right, and I’m very confident in the rest of my application as well, just haven’t got the luck of the draw so far 🙁There is so much more in the process then just mcat/gpa. I’ve had lots of success this cycle and I have much lower stats.
Just got put on the alternates list :|
November Interview
Me too. Is it same as wait list?
Yes!
Alaga Syrup
New Member
How did they want the thank you letters?
In my interview, they said to do it in a word document and send it in an email to the admissions office.How did they want the thank you letters?
anon070501
Full Member
So I am very anxious….Interviewed 11/4 and silence since…are more decisions coming out soon
Cupcakeee78
Full Member
Pre-II R earlier this morning 🙁 Best of luck to the rest of you all!
complete date?Pre-II R earlier this morning 🙁 Best of luck to the rest of you all!
jambalaya123
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed in December heard anything back yet? They mentioned we should expect hearing from them in January, if I remember correctly.
Maybe this week, because I heard they don’t start the next round of interviews till next week.
Hmm interesting I have been on the WL since October. I didn’t know they were pulling people of the AL yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jambalaya123
Full Member
Do you know when they had the interviews?One of my friends got pulled on the AL, and the other one got rejected Post -II with this being their top school. Has anyone either been rejected post-II or been pulled of the AL?
Got my interview in a couple weeks, was wondering what people thought of it overall? Also I think I saw that it’s just a traditional interview, unless I saw that wrong?
jambalaya123
Full Member
I had a very good experience. They really try to help you feel relaxed, so it's a nice atmosphere. I was asked basic questions - why Morehouse? why medicine?Got my interview in a couple weeks, was wondering what people thought of it overall? Also I think I saw that it’s just a traditional interview, unless I saw that wrong?
complete date?Just got my pre II rejection
You know someone who already got pulled off the waitlist? I thought they don’t pull people until MayOne of my friends got pulled on the AL, and the other one got rejected Post -II with this being their top school. Has anyone either been rejected post-II or been pulled of the AL?
Ok great thanks! Was it just a traditional interview and no MMI then?I had a very good experience. They really try to help you feel relaxed, so it's a nice atmosphere. I was asked basic questions - why Morehouse? why medicine?
Also does anyone know if preclinical classes are pass/fail?
Ok great thanks! Was it just a traditional interview and no MMI then?
Yes, it’s traditional. They really want to know if you’re committed and if you’re a good fit. You can check the SDN interview feedback page for more prep too - that’s what I did before my interview.
jambalaya123
Full Member
It was a traditional interview. I read somewhere that they just adopted a pass/fail system for the first two years, and that the last two are graded, but I'm not 100% sure this is correct. Good luck on your interview!Ok great thanks! Was it just a traditional interview and no MMI then?
Last year 2 people got pulled of the waitlist on February 7You know someone who already got pulled off the waitlist? I thought they don’t pull people until May
Yes, it’s traditional. They really want to know if you’re committed and if you’re a good fit. You can check the SDN interview feedback page for more prep too - that’s what I did before my interview.
Thank you guys!!It was a traditional interview. I read somewhere that they just adopted a pass/fail system for the first two years, and that the last two are graded, but I'm not 100% sure this is correct. Good luck on your interview!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
snakattack_22
Full Member
Anyone have any stories of submitting relatively in the cycle but still not receiving an interview. I know HBCU cycles are a bit wonky and you can't pinpoint a specific time/date and I also know that silence is better than a rejection, but I'm just curious
Good afternoon everyone! On behalf of the Sib Committee we would like to say congratulations to those thus far who have been accepted! To those still waiting on an interview invite it's still not over and MSM will still be releasing decisions for those throughout February. If you have been accepted, please join the GroupMe and Facebook pages to get any and all questions you have asked:
Facebook: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2027 - Accepted Applicants | Facebook
GroupMe: GroupMe
Facebook: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2027 - Accepted Applicants | Facebook
GroupMe: GroupMe
anon070501
Full Member
I interviewed in November and have yet to hear back. Any hope of receiving an acceptance?? When are decisions normally made?
Current 3rd year here, Morehouse accepts until very last minute. Keep your hopes up!I interviewed in November and have yet to hear back. Any hope of receiving an acceptance?? When are decisions normally made?