2022-2023 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had interview on 11/2 and they put me on alternate list.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the next batch of decisions will come out…interviewed early November and hoping for good news before Christmas…fingers crossed 🤞🏾

Pre-II rejection received this morning, about 25 minutes ago. Complete 8/4. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, Submitted 09/21, and silence over here. Had no idea about the IS preference until now, hopeful until I hear something.
Congrats at @desdmo that is awesome!
Still haven't heard anything... anyone submit mid-late Sept hear back about an II already? Submitted 09/21.

Reactions: 1 user
II. One date in Jan, Feb and Mar. I wonder how many interview sessions they have per month.

Edit: Forgot to include submit date for secondary 8/27

Last edited:
Pre-II rejection this morning, so heartbroken 💔 I am OOS & I guess they have an IS preference but I really loved this school 🥺

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this evening! OOS. Complete in August!

• Love
II around 4:30pm ET today. This is my first interview ever so super excited. Complete around early August. Stats are 520 MCAT, 3.96 sGPA

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to the both of y’all. Best of luck all you need is an opportunity!!! So make the best of it and show them!

There is so much more in the process then just mcat/gpa. I’ve had lots of success this cycle and I have much lower stats.
You’re 100% right, and I’m very confident in the rest of my application as well, just haven’t got the luck of the draw so far :(

So I am very anxious….Interviewed 11/4 and silence since…are more decisions coming out soon

Pre-II R earlier this morning :( Best of luck to the rest of you all!

• Care
Has anyone who interviewed in December heard anything back yet? They mentioned we should expect hearing from them in January, if I remember correctly.

Maybe this week, because I heard they don’t start the next round of interviews till next week.

One of my friends got pulled on the AL, and the other one got rejected Post -II with this being their top school. Has anyone either been rejected post-II or been pulled of the AL?

• Care
Hmm interesting I have been on the WL since October. I didn’t know they were pulling people of the AL yet?

One of my friends got pulled on the AL, and the other one got rejected Post -II with this being their top school. Has anyone either been rejected post-II or been pulled of the AL?
Do you know when they had the interviews?

Got my interview in a couple weeks, was wondering what people thought of it overall? Also I think I saw that it’s just a traditional interview, unless I saw that wrong?

Got my interview in a couple weeks, was wondering what people thought of it overall? Also I think I saw that it’s just a traditional interview, unless I saw that wrong?
I had a very good experience. They really try to help you feel relaxed, so it's a nice atmosphere. I was asked basic questions - why Morehouse? why medicine?

Don't mind me, just waiting on an interview invite. Morehouse is my top choice.

Just got my pre II rejection

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my II here, best of luck to everyone here!

You know someone who already got pulled off the waitlist? I thought they don’t pull people until May

• Hmm
I had a very good experience. They really try to help you feel relaxed, so it's a nice atmosphere. I was asked basic questions - why Morehouse? why medicine?
Ok great thanks! Was it just a traditional interview and no MMI then?

Yes, it’s traditional. They really want to know if you’re committed and if you’re a good fit. You can check the SDN interview feedback page for more prep too - that’s what I did before my interview.

It was a traditional interview. I read somewhere that they just adopted a pass/fail system for the first two years, and that the last two are graded, but I'm not 100% sure this is correct. Good luck on your interview!

Yes, it’s traditional. They really want to know if you’re committed and if you’re a good fit. You can check the SDN interview feedback page for more prep too - that’s what I did before my interview.
It was a traditional interview. I read somewhere that they just adopted a pass/fail system for the first two years, and that the last two are graded, but I'm not 100% sure this is correct. Good luck on your interview!
Thank you guys!!

Anyone have any stories of submitting relatively in the cycle but still not receiving an interview. I know HBCU cycles are a bit wonky and you can't pinpoint a specific time/date and I also know that silence is better than a rejection, but I'm just curious

Good afternoon everyone! On behalf of the Sib Committee we would like to say congratulations to those thus far who have been accepted! To those still waiting on an interview invite it's still not over and MSM will still be releasing decisions for those throughout February. If you have been accepted, please join the GroupMe and Facebook pages to get any and all questions you have asked:

Facebook: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2027 - Accepted Applicants | Facebook
GroupMe: GroupMe

Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed in November and have yet to hear back. Any hope of receiving an acceptance?? When are decisions normally made?

Everyone who is wait listed here, how's it going? This waiting game is not fun!