You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Morehouse
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
jambalaya123
Full Member
I just got the acceptance call! 😀
Jeannette Bouzo
New Member
CONGRATS!!!! When did you interview if you don't mind sharing? I still haven't heard back yet.I just got the acceptance call! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jambalaya123
Full Member
Thank you! I interviewed on December 9th. I hope you hear good news soon. Waiting is extremely difficult...CONGRATS!!!! When did you interview if you don't mind sharing? I still haven't heard back yet.
Jeannette Bouzo
New Member
WOW and you just heard back from them now... that's insane. But thank you for the reply!Thank you! I interviewed on December 9th. I hope you hear good news soon. Waiting is extremely difficult...
Student0407
New Member
II received yesterday! Submitted secondary late October.
jambalaya123
Full Member
Hello friend,Hey friends,
How was everyone's stats who got accepted and what was your interview date? Please share with your fellow anxious premed.
I submitted my primary sometime in middle July, was verified mid-August, and sent in my secondary on September 1st. I interviewed on December 9th, sent a letter of intent on January 11th, and got the acceptance call on March 1st. Now I'm impatiently waiting for the mail packet with the next steps I must take.
My MCAT is 509, GPA 3.9, non-traditional student, 170 hours of shadowing, thousands of clinical and volunteering hours, strong connections to rural and otherwise disadvantaged communities, explained ambition to serve such communities as a doctor.
Wish you all the best in your journey!
DrCJAMD2297
New Member
Got the A call this past Friday! Interview day 1/6. Good luck to all those waiting!
anyone else interview in October and got waitlisted? 🙁
I am in same boat.
Interviewed 2/01, I wonder if decisions are coming out soon😳
lookingforawhitecoat
Full Member
Interviewed 2/01, I wonder if decisions are coming out soon[emoji15]
I hope so bc I interviewed 1/20[emoji24]
They recently changed it. Think P/F or HP/P/F. I’d see if could talk to an MS1 and confirm how it is for them this year and if it will be graded MS2 year.Hey everybody,
Morehouse is a letter grade, right? Does that make it more competitive/stressful than a pass/fail school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MSM's preclinical years are H/P/F and the 3rd and 4th years are graded with letter grades.They recently changed it. Think P/F or HP/P/F. I’d see if could talk to an MS1 and confirm how it is for them this year and if it will be graded MS2 year.
Received alternative list email just now. Interviewed Feb 17
Last edited:
lookingforawhitecoat
Full Member
Received alternative list email just now
+1
Same. Interviewed mid FebruaryReceived alternative list email just now
I did as well. Does anyone know what the waitlist movement looks like?Received alternative list email just now
Also received alternative list email; interviewed Jan 20
anon070501
Full Member
Also alternate list…Interview was on 11/4…This was my top choice, but I have an acceptance at another school already
Pre II R earlier this morning. Wishing everyone the best ❤️
I was waitlisted October 17, anyone receive an acceptance yet??. I called and they said expect some movement in February now it feels like they keep pushing things back and back.
jambalaya123
Full Member
I submitted one, but just yesterday. I'm waiting on the decision. I was told the committee meets later this month to decide.Did anyone that got in submit a housing exemption? Did it get approved?
one of my friends told me she received a merit scholarship but not financial aid yetHas anyone gotten any information regarding merit scholarships and/or need-based financial aid?
jambalaya123
Full Member
May I ask what the stats of your friend are? If you're comfortable sharing, I'd appreciate the insight. 🙂one of my friends told me she received a merit scholarship but not financial aid yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So when is there going to be WL movement because what the heck is really going here?
GrandeMD
New Member
DO NOT LIVE AT ENTRA WEST END
Your acceptance letter says all first year students have to live there but most MD students don’t because they don’t even have enough space for everyone and it’s the WORSE, kinda unsafe (west end of Atlanta is questionable at best) , and unnecessarily expensive place. Bunch of car break ins. The leasing office staff are mean and shady. The walls are super thin too. Yeah it’s close to classes I’ll say but that’s literally the only good thing about it. Undergrads run this place. Picture attached of just a few things we’ve lived through.
Just sign a lease somewhere else, don’t bother with the housing exception forum. If you’re a worry wart, just email the program and say they don’t have your floor plan. They didn’t come any of the PA or MD cohorts.
If you do live here, pay for garage parking and lock your doors at night. Do understand that the move in process could be delayed and annoying.also you have to pay to literally be on the wait list for one.
Your acceptance letter says all first year students have to live there but most MD students don’t because they don’t even have enough space for everyone and it’s the WORSE, kinda unsafe (west end of Atlanta is questionable at best) , and unnecessarily expensive place. Bunch of car break ins. The leasing office staff are mean and shady. The walls are super thin too. Yeah it’s close to classes I’ll say but that’s literally the only good thing about it. Undergrads run this place. Picture attached of just a few things we’ve lived through.
Just sign a lease somewhere else, don’t bother with the housing exception forum. If you’re a worry wart, just email the program and say they don’t have your floor plan. They didn’t come any of the PA or MD cohorts.
If you do live here, pay for garage parking and lock your doors at night. Do understand that the move in process could be delayed and annoying.also you have to pay to literally be on the wait list for one.
Last edited:
Student0407
New Member
Placed on alternate list. Interviewed last month.
Best of luck! I was placed on the alternate list too. Interviewed in mid-FebruaryPlaced on alternate list. Interviewed last month.
pre-II R
anon070501
Full Member
Any idea when we may see waitlist movement ?
Student0407
New Member
I'm thinking from mid-April to June. The AAMC traffic rules say that accepted students need to narrow their acceptances to 3 schools and withdraw apps from the rest of them by April 15th. Then by April 30th they have to narrow down to 1 school and withdraw the other acceptances. And then by May 30th, they have to commit to one school. I think once applicants start withdrawing their acceptances, we will see waitlist movement hopefully. Don't quote me on this though, this is what I understand from the desperate googling I've been doing lol.Any idea when we may see waitlist movement ?
jambalaya123
Full Member
[email protected]Anyone have the housing email for the exemption form?
GrandeMD
New Member
If you’re able to get an official approval, cool, but most people just lived outside of entra without doing one. I mean, the apartments for full anyways. There are only two bedrooms left I believe, so if you do choose to work with entra you’ll have a randomly assigned roommateAnyone have the housing email for the exemption form?
just released my A here hoping you guys see some WL movement soon🤞
Alaga Syrup
New Member
Is Entra West full?
Made 4 This!
New Member
Where do students typically stay if not at ENTRA? Looking?If you’re able to get an official approval, cool, but most people just lived outside of entra without doing one. I mean, the apartments for full anyways. There are only two bedrooms left I believe, so if you do choose to work with entra you’ll have a randomly assigned roommate
Can someone tell about ethnic makeup of class?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nextstop.m.d
Full Member
Just withdrew my A! Good luck to everyone and hope one of you gets it!!!
May 1st i believeDoes anyone know when the date is when we have to narrow down our acceptances down to 1?
April 30th!Does anyone know when the date is when we have to narrow down our acceptances down to 1?