You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Morehouse
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Patiently waiting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said catch y’all on the flippety flip
Anyways, have a good weekend everyone! Don’t think too much about the waitlist… think about how amazing of a doctor you’ll be!
Anyways, have a good weekend everyone! Don’t think too much about the waitlist… think about how amazing of a doctor you’ll be!
futuredrkafa
Full Member
Nothing 🥹 I was thinking 6pm cause I saw some posts last year and that’s the time they heard back one week after the April 30th deadline.Anything?
futuredrkafa
Full Member
😂😂 yeah exactly!! Everyone have a great weekend ❤️They said catch y’all on the flippety flip
Anyways, have a good weekend everyone! Don’t think too much about the waitlist… think about how amazing of a doctor you’ll be!
Have all your other WL also been really slow and late to move?
LetMeIn_Plz
New Member
Yes, unfortunately.Have all your other WL also been really slow and late to move?
Interviewed in December, waitlisted in February. Just got the A!!!!! Literally in tears 🥹🥹
Last edited:
Congrats!! Did you get a call or email?Just got accepted off the waitlist!!!!! Literally in tears 🥹🥹
ThreeEqualsMD
Full Member
Just got the A!!! My Birthday was yesterday and this was amazing to wake up to! Also brought my mom to tears on Mother’s Day 🥹
Thank you, I got an email.Congrats!! Did you get a call or email?
JustAnotherHopefulPremed
Full Member
Got the A around 8 AM too! 😍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So happy for everyone who got off the waitlist 🥺 congrats guys!
I’m starting to think that the stress surrounding waiting is becoming unhealthy for me. If it happens, it will happen. If not, I will attend my other acceptance. I truly love this school and saw it as my dream to attend here. I sent my LOI in December, a month after I got waitlisted. But perhaps I am not fated to attend MSM, and fate will take me in another direction.
I may take a break from this thread and focus on enjoying my days until school starts. I wish the rest of the WLers and those who are facing the prospect of re-application strength in the coming days.
Peace out ✌🏽
BioPsychotic
I’m starting to think that the stress surrounding waiting is becoming unhealthy for me. If it happens, it will happen. If not, I will attend my other acceptance. I truly love this school and saw it as my dream to attend here. I sent my LOI in December, a month after I got waitlisted. But perhaps I am not fated to attend MSM, and fate will take me in another direction.
I may take a break from this thread and focus on enjoying my days until school starts. I wish the rest of the WLers and those who are facing the prospect of re-application strength in the coming days.
Peace out ✌🏽
BioPsychotic
Don't lose hope broski. We are all in this together!So happy for everyone who got off the waitlist 🥺 congrats guys!
I’m starting to think that the stress surrounding waiting is becoming unhealthy for me. If it happens, it will happen. If not, I will attend my other acceptance. I truly love this school and saw it as my dream to attend here. I sent my LOI in December, a month after I got waitlisted. But perhaps I am not fated to attend MSM, and fate will take me in another direction.
I may take a break from this thread and focus on enjoying my days until school starts. I wish the rest of the WLers and those who are facing the prospect of re-application strength in the coming days.
Peace out ✌🏽
BioPsychotic
LetMeIn_Plz
New Member
congratulations to those with As!!!!
Does anyone know how often the adcoms revisit the waitlist?
Does anyone know how often the adcoms revisit the waitlist?
I'd also love to know thiscongratulations to those with As!!!!
Does anyone know how often the adcoms revisit the waitlist?
cercana
New Member
Got the A email this morning! I was waitlisted in mid March. I’m in a real pickle now because I put deposits down on housing at another acceptance but Morehouse was one of my top choices from the start. I’d appreciate if anyone could add me to an accepted FB/Group chat so I could ask a few questions. Is it true Morehouse is P/F now and where could I read more about that? Thanks!
That's an interesting observation.... I was WL in Dec. Hopefully it moves moreCongrats to the A's!! It seems like people who interviewed February and on got off the waitlist. Hopefully earlier interviewees see some love in the next few weeks!
Edit: typo
Hello! Newly accepted off the waitlist. Can someone please PM me and share the Accepted Student GroupMe link.
Lizard21
New Member
Can someone send it to me as well?Hello! Newly accepted off the waitlist. Can someone please PM me and share the Accepted Student GroupMe link.
Jinora
New Member
Me too please?Can someone send it to me as well?
Oh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD!!!!
I GOT THE A!!!!! I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW. I am so full of joy and so humbled. This is truly one of the happiest moments of my life.
Thank you to everyone on this thread who has lent their kindness and support throughout this process. You are the reason this has happened today.
College was not the easiest time for me, as I grew up in an immigrant, low-income household that could not afford to go to the doctor. Despite the challenges that I faced, I worked multiple part time jobs throughout college and never lost sight of my dream.
The day I got the interview at MSM, I texted a photo to my father. He was so happy that day. My father had a habit of helping others without expecting anything in return, and it was his dream to see me give back to others by becoming a physician.
The road ahead will be full of ups and downs, but I know that I will work every day to become a physician that lifts others up. I will strive to alleviate health inequities, as I understand what it means to grow up without access to care. I will work every day to fight for a fairer, healthier world.
With immense love & gratitude,
BioPsychotic
I GOT THE A!!!!! I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW. I am so full of joy and so humbled. This is truly one of the happiest moments of my life.
Thank you to everyone on this thread who has lent their kindness and support throughout this process. You are the reason this has happened today.
College was not the easiest time for me, as I grew up in an immigrant, low-income household that could not afford to go to the doctor. Despite the challenges that I faced, I worked multiple part time jobs throughout college and never lost sight of my dream.
The day I got the interview at MSM, I texted a photo to my father. He was so happy that day. My father had a habit of helping others without expecting anything in return, and it was his dream to see me give back to others by becoming a physician.
The road ahead will be full of ups and downs, but I know that I will work every day to become a physician that lifts others up. I will strive to alleviate health inequities, as I understand what it means to grow up without access to care. I will work every day to fight for a fairer, healthier world.
With immense love & gratitude,
BioPsychotic
Congratulations!!!! 🎉🎉Oh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD!!!!
I GOT THE A!!!!! I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW. I am so full of joy and so humbled. This is truly one of the happiest moments of my life.
Thank you to everyone on this thread who has lent their kindness and support throughout this process. You are the reason this has happened today.
College was not the easiest time for me, as I grew up in an immigrant, low-income household that could not afford to go to the doctor. Despite the challenges that I faced, I worked multiple part time jobs throughout college and never lost sight of my dream.
The day I got the interview at MSM, I texted a photo to my father. He was so happy that day. My father had a habit of helping others without expecting anything in return, and it was his dream to see me give back to others by becoming a physician.
The road ahead will be full of ups and downs, but I know that I will work every day to become a physician that lifts others up. I will strive to alleviate health inequities, as I understand what it means to grow up without access to care. I will work every day to fight for a fairer, healthier world.
With immense love & gratitude,
BioPsychotic
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations !! Very happy for you !! YOU DESERVED ITOh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD!!!!
I GOT THE A!!!!! I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW. I am so full of joy and so humbled. This is truly one of the happiest moments of my life.
Thank you to everyone on this thread who has lent their kindness and support throughout this process. You are the reason this has happened today.
College was not the easiest time for me, as I grew up in an immigrant, low-income household that could not afford to go to the doctor. Despite the challenges that I faced, I worked multiple part time jobs throughout college and never lost sight of my dream.
The day I got the interview at MSM, I texted a photo to my father. He was so happy that day. My father had a habit of helping others without expecting anything in return, and it was his dream to see me give back to others by becoming a physician.
The road ahead will be full of ups and downs, but I know that I will work every day to become a physician that lifts others up. I will strive to alleviate health inequities, as I understand what it means to grow up without access to care. I will work every day to fight for a fairer, healthier world.
With immense love & gratitude,
BioPsychotic
Do y'all think there will be other Acceptances given out? Or do you think this wave will die down?
No Bread Pre-Med
Full Member
Do y'all think there will be other Acceptances given out? Or do you think this wave will die down?
We may have to wait till June sadly [emoji24]
LetMeIn_Plz
New Member
How many people are in the group me?
JustAnotherHopefulPremed
Full Member
Oh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD!!!!
I GOT THE A!!!!! I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW. I am so full of joy and so humbled. This is truly one of the happiest moments of my life.
Thank you to everyone on this thread who has lent their kindness and support throughout this process. You are the reason this has happened today.
College was not the easiest time for me, as I grew up in an immigrant, low-income household that could not afford to go to the doctor. Despite the challenges that I faced, I worked multiple part time jobs throughout college and never lost sight of my dream.
The day I got the interview at MSM, I texted a photo to my father. He was so happy that day. My father had a habit of helping others without expecting anything in return, and it was his dream to see me give back to others by becoming a physician.
The road ahead will be full of ups and downs, but I know that I will work every day to become a physician that lifts others up. I will strive to alleviate health inequities, as I understand what it means to grow up without access to care. I will work every day to fight for a fairer, healthier world.
With immense love & gratitude,
BioPsychotic
SO HAPPY FOR YOU AHHHHHH!!!!!!! CONGRATS FUTURE DOCTOR ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
futuredrkafa
Full Member
OMG CONGRATULATIONS DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you ❤️Oh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD!!!!
I GOT THE A!!!!! I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW. I am so full of joy and so humbled. This is truly one of the happiest moments of my life.
Thank you to everyone on this thread who has lent their kindness and support throughout this process. You are the reason this has happened today.
College was not the easiest time for me, as I grew up in an immigrant, low-income household that could not afford to go to the doctor. Despite the challenges that I faced, I worked multiple part time jobs throughout college and never lost sight of my dream.
The day I got the interview at MSM, I texted a photo to my father. He was so happy that day. My father had a habit of helping others without expecting anything in return, and it was his dream to see me give back to others by becoming a physician.
The road ahead will be full of ups and downs, but I know that I will work every day to become a physician that lifts others up. I will strive to alleviate health inequities, as I understand what it means to grow up without access to care. I will work every day to fight for a fairer, healthier world.
With immense love & gratitude,
BioPsychotic
GoldenDoggo
New Member
Hi everyone! Congratulations!!
Here are accepted students GroupMes:
Original: GroupMe
With the Sib Committee: GroupMe
Facebook: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2026- Accepted Applicants | Facebook
Here are accepted students GroupMes:
Original: GroupMe
With the Sib Committee: GroupMe
Facebook: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2026- Accepted Applicants | Facebook
I'm really hating the slow drip of As. Anxiety lvls are maxed out :/
No Bread Pre-Med
Full Member
Crying and hoping for more WL movement before I put in hundreds and thousands into reapplying [emoji24]
That’s where I am conflicted because I may want to retake the mcat and seats/ testing sites are limited as is and I don’t want to lose $350 if there’s still a possibility of being accepted. Prayinggg for this A.Crying and hoping for more WL movement before I put in hundreds and thousands into reapplying [emoji24]
How are you planning to navigate WL position and reapplying ?
No Bread Pre-Med
Full Member
That’s where I am conflicted because I may want to retake the mcat and seats/ testing sites are limited as is and I don’t want to lose $350 if there’s still a possibility of being accepted. Prayinggg for this A.
How are you planning to navigate WL position and reapplying ?
I scheduled to retake the MCAT June 17th and started working on the new cycle’s AMCAS and AACOMAS. I’m in the same boat where I dread losing hundreds on retaking MCAT and reapplying but since I don’t have an A, I gotta have something as a safety net/back up plan [emoji20] I want to go to Morehouse SO badly, I’m trying to keep hope it’ll come one of these days[emoji24]
I can't even imagine the mental stress that comes with this uncertainty AND studying for a retake. Good luck friend and everything will work out 🙂I scheduled to retake the MCAT June 17th and started working on the new cycle’s AMCAS and AACOMAS. I’m in the same boat where I dread losing hundreds on retaking MCAT and reapplying but since I don’t have an A, I gotta have something as a safety net/back up plan [emoji20] I want to go to Morehouse SO badly, I’m trying to keep hope it’ll come one of these days[emoji24]
Do y'all think the rest of the WL ppl will hear back in June, like last year? 😕 ugh WL stress is horrible 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looked like there was movement around May 21 and then June … so it’s such a guessing game lol. Hate this.Do y'all think the rest of the WL ppl will hear back in June, like last year? 😕 ugh WL stress is horrible 😭
LetMeIn_Plz
New Member
Not sure but I agree this stress is awful☹️. The group me having 60 members makes me hopeful thoughDo y'all think the rest of the WL ppl will hear back in June, like last year? 😕 ugh WL stress is horrible 😭
Oh wow only 60???Not sure but I agree this stress is awful☹️. The group me having 60 members makes me hopeful though
There were 78 matriculates in the class of 2018, so maybe some more As coming..
There were 78 matriculates in the class of 2018, so maybe some more As coming..
It was like 110 in the most recent class. So definitely more A’s. [emoji1488]