2021-2022 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A’s today y’all! I feel it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Can someone dm me the accepted students groupme? Manifesting A’s for all my peeps on the waitlist today!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They said catch y’all on the flippety flip

Anyways, have a good weekend everyone! Don’t think too much about the waitlist… think about how amazing of a doctor you’ll be!

They said catch y’all on the flippety flip

Anyways, have a good weekend everyone! Don’t think too much about the waitlist… think about how amazing of a doctor you’ll be!
😂😂 yeah exactly!! Everyone have a great weekend ❤️

Reactions: 2 users
Have all your other WL also been really slow and late to move?

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed in December, waitlisted in February. Just got the A!!!!! Literally in tears 🥹🥹

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Just got the A!!! My Birthday was yesterday and this was amazing to wake up to! Also brought my mom to tears on Mother’s Day 🥹

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A around 8 AM too! :love:

scarlet-johansson-dancing.gif

• Love
So happy for everyone who got off the waitlist 🥺 congrats guys!

I’m starting to think that the stress surrounding waiting is becoming unhealthy for me. If it happens, it will happen. If not, I will attend my other acceptance. I truly love this school and saw it as my dream to attend here. I sent my LOI in December, a month after I got waitlisted. But perhaps I am not fated to attend MSM, and fate will take me in another direction.

I may take a break from this thread and focus on enjoying my days until school starts. I wish the rest of the WLers and those who are facing the prospect of re-application strength in the coming days.

Peace out ✌🏽
BioPsychotic

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
So happy for everyone who got off the waitlist 🥺 congrats guys!

I’m starting to think that the stress surrounding waiting is becoming unhealthy for me. If it happens, it will happen. If not, I will attend my other acceptance. I truly love this school and saw it as my dream to attend here. I sent my LOI in December, a month after I got waitlisted. But perhaps I am not fated to attend MSM, and fate will take me in another direction.

I may take a break from this thread and focus on enjoying my days until school starts. I wish the rest of the WLers and those who are facing the prospect of re-application strength in the coming days.

Peace out ✌🏽
BioPsychotic
Don't lose hope broski. We are all in this together!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Got the acceptance earlier today as well. Congrats to everyone Who got in! Is there a groupme or fb group for accepted students? Thanks!

• Love
congratulations to those with As!!!!

Does anyone know how often the adcoms revisit the waitlist?

• Hmm
Just got accepted today!! So thankful.
Can someone send me the link to the Facebook and Groupme?

• Love
Got the A email this morning! I was waitlisted in mid March. I’m in a real pickle now because I put deposits down on housing at another acceptance but Morehouse was one of my top choices from the start. I’d appreciate if anyone could add me to an accepted FB/Group chat so I could ask a few questions. Is it true Morehouse is P/F now and where could I read more about that? Thanks!

• Love
Congrats to the A's!! It seems like people who interviewed February and on got off the waitlist. Hopefully earlier interviewees see some love in the next few weeks!

Edit: typo

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to the A's!! It seems like people who interviewed February and on got off the waitlist. Hopefully earlier interviewees see some love in the next few weeks!

Edit: typo
That's an interesting observation.... I was WL in Dec. Hopefully it moves more

Hello! Newly accepted off the waitlist. Can someone please PM me and share the Accepted Student GroupMe link.

Hi guys.
Just a disclaimer, I started the GroupMe but since I've withdrawn my A, I am no longer apart of the group, nor do I have the link. Hopefully someone who is still active can provide you guys with the GM link. Congrats to all of your acceptances.

Oh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD!!!!

I GOT THE A!!!!! I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW. I am so full of joy and so humbled. This is truly one of the happiest moments of my life.

Thank you to everyone on this thread who has lent their kindness and support throughout this process. You are the reason this has happened today.

College was not the easiest time for me, as I grew up in an immigrant, low-income household that could not afford to go to the doctor. Despite the challenges that I faced, I worked multiple part time jobs throughout college and never lost sight of my dream.

The day I got the interview at MSM, I texted a photo to my father. He was so happy that day. My father had a habit of helping others without expecting anything in return, and it was his dream to see me give back to others by becoming a physician.

The road ahead will be full of ups and downs, but I know that I will work every day to become a physician that lifts others up. I will strive to alleviate health inequities, as I understand what it means to grow up without access to care. I will work every day to fight for a fairer, healthier world.

With immense love & gratitude,
BioPsychotic

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 30 users

I GOT THE A!!!!! I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW. I am so full of joy and so humbled. This is truly one of the happiest moments of my life.

Thank you to everyone on this thread who has lent their kindness and support throughout this process. You are the reason this has happened today.

College was not the easiest time for me, as I grew up in an immigrant, low-income household that could not afford to go to the doctor. Despite the challenges that I faced, I worked multiple part time jobs throughout college and never lost sight of my dream.

The day I got the interview at MSM, I texted a photo to my father. He was so happy that day. My father had a habit of helping others without expecting anything in return, and it was his dream to see me give back to others by becoming a physician.

The road ahead will be full of ups and downs, but I know that I will work every day to become a physician that lifts others up. I will strive to alleviate health inequities, as I understand what it means to grow up without access to care. I will work every day to fight for a fairer, healthier world.

BioPsychotic
Congratulations!!!! 🎉🎉

• Love
I got the A!!! Accepted 1 hour ago, waitlisted 4/1. Can someone link me to the Facebook and Groupme page? Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

BioPsychotic
Congratulations !! Very happy for you !! YOU DESERVED IT

• Love
Just got the A a few hours ago!
Interviewed in November, waitlisted in December.
I love Morehouse and I am super grateful but I'll be turning this down, bc I fell in love with another school just a little more. Best of luck to all of you🤞🏼❤️

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Do y'all think there will be other Acceptances given out? Or do you think this wave will die down?

• Care

BioPsychotic

SO HAPPY FOR YOU AHHHHHH!!!!!!! CONGRATS FUTURE DOCTOR ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

• Love

BioPsychotic
OMG CONGRATULATIONS DR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you ❤️

• Love
I'm really hating the slow drip of As. Anxiety lvls are maxed out :/

• Care
Crying and hoping for more WL movement before I put in hundreds and thousands into reapplying

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Crying and hoping for more WL movement before I put in hundreds and thousands into reapplying
That’s where I am conflicted because I may want to retake the mcat and seats/ testing sites are limited as is and I don’t want to lose $350 if there’s still a possibility of being accepted. Prayinggg for this A.

How are you planning to navigate WL position and reapplying ?

• Care
That’s where I am conflicted because I may want to retake the mcat and seats/ testing sites are limited as is and I don’t want to lose $350 if there’s still a possibility of being accepted. Prayinggg for this A.

How are you planning to navigate WL position and reapplying ?

I scheduled to retake the MCAT June 17th and started working on the new cycle’s AMCAS and AACOMAS. I’m in the same boat where I dread losing hundreds on retaking MCAT and reapplying but since I don’t have an A, I gotta have something as a safety net/back up plan I want to go to Morehouse SO badly, I’m trying to keep hope it’ll come one of these days

• Care
I scheduled to retake the MCAT June 17th and started working on the new cycle’s AMCAS and AACOMAS. I’m in the same boat where I dread losing hundreds on retaking MCAT and reapplying but since I don’t have an A, I gotta have something as a safety net/back up plan I want to go to Morehouse SO badly, I’m trying to keep hope it’ll come one of these days
I can't even imagine the mental stress that comes with this uncertainty AND studying for a retake. Good luck friend and everything will work out :)

• Care
Do y'all think the rest of the WL ppl will hear back in June, like last year? 😕 ugh WL stress is horrible 😭

Do y'all think the rest of the WL ppl will hear back in June, like last year? 😕 ugh WL stress is horrible 😭
Looked like there was movement around May 21 and then June … so it’s such a guessing game lol. Hate this.

• Sad
Not sure but I agree this stress is awful☹️. The group me having 60 members makes me hopeful though

There were 78 matriculates in the class of 2018, so maybe some more As coming..