-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Morehouse
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
dtugadawg
Full Member
Do you think today may be a decision release?Sending positive energy to whoever is trying to go to this school. We got this!!!👍
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Anyone pay a seat deposit fee but end up withdrawing their acceptance? Do we get the refund back to the card we used?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope so 😭Do you think today may be a decision release?
Someone earlier said they heard back in 5 weeks and 6 days.I hope so 😭
Do you think today may be a decision release?
Bruh I hope so, its been 8 weeks for me now lolSomeone earlier said they heard back in 5 weeks and 6 days.
Last edited:
Dang lol. They did say during the interview that they let people know sooner than later if they are rejected. Soooo... maybe it’s a good sign lol.Bruh I hope so, its been 7 weeks for me now lol
Plus I know SDN applicants probably make up at least 5% of their total applicants but I haven't seen anyone get an II for awhile. Also they just dished out a pre II rejection wave so I'm definitely dodging something lolDang lol. They did say during the interview that they let people know sooner than later if they are rejected. Soooo... maybe it’s a good sign lol.
*fingers crossed* I hope we get good news soon!Plus I know SDN applicants probably make up at least 5% of their total applicants but I haven't seen anyone get an II for awhile. Also they just dished out a pre II rejection wave so I'm definitely dodging something lol
Lol we gotta at least hear something back before April sheeshNo news for me today... see y’all next week lol
I have a friend who attends MSM now and she said she interviewed on January 2nd and didnt get an acceptance til April 25th. After she told me that I’ve just been over here trying to forget about it cause it looks like it could be a while lolololLol we gotta at least hear something back before April sheesh
Jeez lol, well thanks for sharing that!I have a friend who attends MSM now and she said she interviewed on January 2nd and didnt get an acceptance til April 25th. After she told me that I’ve just been over here trying to forget about it cause it looks like it could be a while lololol
FierySerpent
Full Member
My interview is 03/26. I got the invite last week in January. Following the trend, I might have to wait for ages before getting a decision
Same here. My interview was on March 12th and I’m afraid of not hearing back till May or early June, given how people that interviewed in January still haven’t heard anythingMy interview is 03/26. I got the invite last week in January. Following the trend, I might have to wait for ages before getting a decision
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At least late May for sure, they told me during my interview the max wait time is two months lolSame here. My interview was on March 12th and I’m afraid of not hearing back till May or early June, given how people that interviewed in January still haven’t heard anything
DiabetesDoctor:)
Full Member
Does anyone know how does it work if we submit our final deposit for a DO school, will Morehouse get notified and remove us? I am still waiting on a decision from Morehouse but I also don’t want to lose my spot at another school just in case.
psychneuro33
Full Member
AACOMAS and AAMC are separate so MD schools will have no knowledge of DO schools you’ve been accepted to. Also in general I’ve never heard of a school removing an applicant’s acceptance, WL, or interview (not sure what you meant by that) for submitting a deposit to another school.Does anyone know how does it work if we submit our final deposit for a DO school, will Morehouse get notified and remove us? I am still waiting on a decision from Morehouse but I also don’t want to lose my spot at another school just in case.
DiabetesDoctor:)
Full Member
Thank you so much for this explanation! I really appreciate it. I meant at the interview, Morehouse told us that if we commit to enroll at another school they will remove us from the pool. So that is what I was referring to. I just wasn't sure how that works with acceptances from DO schools.AACOMAS and AAMC are separate so MD schools will have no knowledge of DO schools you’ve been accepted to. Also in general I’ve never heard of a school removing an applicant’s acceptance, WL, or interview (not sure what you meant by that) for submitting a deposit to another school.
I’m sure the “commitment” is referring to the AMCAS tool when you officially commit to another MD program.Thank you so much for this explanation! I really appreciate it. I meant at the interview, Morehouse told us that if we commit to enroll at another school they will remove us from the pool. So that is what I was referring to. I just wasn't sure how that works with acceptances from DO schools.
No 😭Any news today?
Is it supposed to be on a Monday or something?Any news today?
I think so, based on the past letters sent out at least.Is it supposed to be on a Monday or something?
I feel like I check this forum everyday lol
DiabetesDoctor:)
Full Member
Same! LolI feel like I check this forum everyday lol
Its definitely my top checked social media, if you can call it that lolI feel like I check this forum everyday lol
psychneuro33
Full Member
WL just now, interviewed 01/22. Second waitlist today 🙁
Waitlisted. Today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctortall2017
Full Member
Waitlisted as well
+1 on second waitlistWL just now, interviewed 01/22. Second waitlist today 🙁
DiabetesDoctor:)
Full Member
Waitlisted today as well, hoping for an acceptance in the near future.
I don’t want to seem rude for coming in here after all of you guys 🙁 I just got accepted, my interview was January 29th! For those of you on the waitlist who really want to go here, please don’t give up hope! Ive heard that they moved alot of people off the WL last year!
Congrats! I got waitlisted here, but I may ask what are you stats and when did you submit the secondary?I don’t want to seem rude for coming in here after all of you guys 🙁 I just got accepted, my interview was January 29th! For those of you on the waitlist who really want to go here, please don’t give up hope! Ive heard that they moved alot of people off the WL last year!
DiabetesDoctor:)
Full Member
Not rude at all. Huge congrats on your acceptance!!😊🎉 I got waitlisted but I wanted to ask if you sent a letter of intent.I don’t want to seem rude for coming in here after all of you guys 🙁 I just got accepted, my interview was January 29th! For those of you on the waitlist who really want to go here, please don’t give up hope! Ive heard that they moved alot of people off the WL last year!
Thank you so much! I submitted my secondary the first week in October! URM, IS, 503 MCAT, 3.7 cgpa, 3.5 sgpaCongrats! I got waitlisted here, but I may ask what are you stats and when did you submit the secondary?
Yes! I sent a letter of intent about 2 weeks after my interviewNot rude at all. Huge congrats on your acceptance!!😊🎉 I got waitlisted but I wanted to ask if you sent a letter of intent.
I got accepted about 2 hours ago! Interviewed 1/22
Congrats! Are you OOS or IS?I got accepted about 2 hours ago! Interviewed 1/22
godsgirly4320
Full Member
Also accepted! Interviewed in late Jan, OOS, did not send a letter of intent, congrats to everyone 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southernpremed1993
Full Member
Waitlisted; interviewed 1/29 and OOS. Big congrats to those accepted 🙂
Did they acknowledge your letter when you sent it?Yes! I sent a letter of intent about 2 weeks after my interview
southernpremed1993
Full Member
One of my interviewers were 20 minutes late and conducted my interview from his car as he had to pull over but I'm trying not to be salty lol
Did they acknowledge your letter when you sent it?
Yep! They sent me an email maybe like an hour or so after I emailed it to them! I scheduled it to send at like 9 AM so it would be one of the first things they saw 😭Building on this question, does anyone get an acknowledgement when sending an LOI? I sent one a while back and haven't heard anything.