You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 SUNY Upstate Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the consensus does seem to be that pre-interview hold is essentially a rejection with a pinch of false hope.
Good luck to everyone still in the running.
Good luck to everyone still in the running.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New York medical colleges should be taking care of their own first...and offer spots to oos students later. These people don't stay in New York , they just return to their own states. And thts NYS tax payers $$$ being wasted.
Let California schools take care of Californians.
Let California schools take care of Californians.
Ur right, I remember the high priority hold list. To clear things up, correct me if I'm wrong,, there's a pre-interview hold (several people on this thread have been placed on that list) which pretty much is a silent rejection.
Post interview, what are da options? Is it 1. Accepted, 2. Rejected and 3. High Priority hold list?
And finally there's the indefinite wait for OOS'ers to hear about their postinterview outcomes... j/k...
Yeah. indefinite huh. I think they must have too many good candidates like you stealingz my spotz😀
i tink post interview are 4 options
1)accept
2)highpriority waitlist
3)waitlist (2 from 7 years)
4)reject
anyone know when the admissions committee is meeting next?
When I had my interview, the interviewer had the review dates posted on the wall. He told me that the next review date was 12/9 (2 days after my interview) but that my file would most likely have to wait until 1/13 because of a backlog. There was a meeting listed for about every 1-1.5 months. However, I remember the interview coordinator telling us they had meetings every week, which seemed to contradict what my interviewer said.
My status page changed to decision made... anyone else's?/??>?>,???"?>L?
when did you interview?
when did you interview?
November 17th---- high priority list
November 17th---- high priority list
how did u find out that u're on the HP list? Email, call...?? I have decision made but haven't heard anything yet..
Yeah. indefinite huh. I think they must have too many good candidates like you stealingz my spotz😀
i tink post interview are 4 options
1)accept
2)highpriority waitlist
3)waitlist (2 from 7 years)
4)reject
thanks for the info bro.
I guess i'll find out real soon, my status changed to decision made today. From now on, I'm gonna walk around with a box of Kleenex on one hand and a Heineken 6pack on the other. This way I'm ready for whatever emotions SUNY evokes in me....



Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ms. Welch said at my interview that people who are accepted get a phone call, high priority alternate and hold lists get an email, and rejections get a letter if that helps
My status page changed to decision made. I got an emailhow did u find out that u're on the HP list? Email, call...?? I have decision made but haven't heard anything yet..
thanks for the info bro.
I guess i'll find out real soon, my status changed to decision made today. From now on, I'm gonna walk around with a box of Kleenex on one hand and a Heineken 6pack on the other. This way I'm ready for whatever emotions SUNY evokes in me....![]()
When did you interview?
When did you interview?
interviewed 11/2.. are u IS?
My application was complete in early October and I have not heard anything yet. Is that a good or bad thing (generally speaking)?
I called them and they said no decision has been made yet and that they'll let me know.
I am just wondering if this is a good thing? Perhaps I will get an interview?
I called them and they said no decision has been made yet and that they'll let me know.
I am just wondering if this is a good thing? Perhaps I will get an interview?
Ms. Welch said at my interview that people who are accepted get a phone call, high priority alternate and hold lists get an email, and rejections get a letter if that helps
I didnt hear that, but that spells bad news for me since I got no phone call and no emails. Meh😳
thanks for the info bro.
I guess i'll find out real soon, my status changed to decision made today. From now on, I'm gonna walk around with a box of Kleenex on one hand and a Heineken 6pack on the other. This way I'm ready for whatever emotions SUNY evokes in me....![]()
Did you read what baseball said?
How did you do?
Call?
Did you read what baseball said?
How did you do?
Call?
I haven't heard anything yet...


So its still all up in the air??So u r in the same boat huh, decision made but you don't know what they decided...
I hope we both get that call...



I didnt hear that, but that spells bad news for me since I got no phone call and no emails. Meh😳
she had about a 5 min conversation with us about whether we would prefer an email or letter as a rejection and I am positive that she said students are notified of acceptances by phone and the two waitlists by email...although some in the thread said they never got a phone call and were accepted so who knows
I haven't heard anything yet...So its still all up in the air??
So u r in the same boat huh, decision made but you don't know what they decided...
I hope we both get that call...![]()
Yeah I hope so too. But according to basey Welch said call.. and i didnt get one. sure stinks my mood dropped tremendously crappps.
but baseball ^ also said some ppl got accepted without the call... so hopefully. damn!
My status page changed on a Monday so I called and they said they couldn't discuss the decision over the phone. I got an acceptance letter on Thursday without a phone call so I think it just depends on how backed up they are. It seems like once your page changes you should get a decision pretty soon though!
My status page changed on a Monday so I called and they said they couldn't discuss the decision over the phone. I got an acceptance letter on Thursday without a phone call so I think it just depends on how backed up they are. It seems like once your page changes you should get a decision pretty soon though!
Congrats. So apparently they notify by letter for acceptances too. So there's still hope for those of us with decision made status who haven't been contacted yet...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
those of you who have been accepted/rejected.. did they also send you an email in addition to the call or hard copy sent to your homes? I'm just asking because I just recently changed my preferred address.. so if I do get rejected or anything I might not find out until I get back to school! Ah.
Haha.. so if ure accepted or rejected you get the nice wait... while if ure WL or high priority you get the email...
way to heighten the suspense huh!
So if I was WL/High Priority I would have been emailed already? Or is there a lag time for that too?
So if I was WL/High Priority I would have been emailed already? Or is there a lag time for that too?
I'm wondering da same, is the wait/HP list email sent out da same day or can it take a week. Has anyone been notified recently after gettin decision made? How long was the lagtime?
Any updates from those with recent decision made status.. this is worse than watching paint dry..
Just got a message on my phone - accepted
Just got a message on my phone - accepted
Congrats, they've finally got around to letting us know, it's great!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got a phone call today!!! 🙂
2
285963
Got an acceptance letter today in the mail. Hurray for awesome Christmas presents!
It apparently went to my college address, not my home address. Luckily one of my housemates was still in Ithaca to tell me that it arrived. I had to call the admissions office so they can send me the time-sensitive material via email. They were super accommodating.
I never got the phone call, but perhaps that's because I jumped the gun and called the admissions office myself when the letter arrived at the wrong address.
Anyways, the important information everyone cares about:
Interview: 11/9
Status Changed to Decision Made: 12/17
Acceptance Arrived in Mail: 12/23 (The best possible Christmas present!)
When I spoke to the admissions office they told they're pretty backed up because it's the Holiday season. Jennifer Welch is out of the office this week, so the admissions committee definitely isn't meeting, nor are any more acceptance letters gonna get sent out this week because they require her signature.
Anyways. Time to celebrate. Happy holidays everyone!
It apparently went to my college address, not my home address. Luckily one of my housemates was still in Ithaca to tell me that it arrived. I had to call the admissions office so they can send me the time-sensitive material via email. They were super accommodating.
I never got the phone call, but perhaps that's because I jumped the gun and called the admissions office myself when the letter arrived at the wrong address.
Anyways, the important information everyone cares about:
Interview: 11/9
Status Changed to Decision Made: 12/17
Acceptance Arrived in Mail: 12/23 (The best possible Christmas present!)
When I spoke to the admissions office they told they're pretty backed up because it's the Holiday season. Jennifer Welch is out of the office this week, so the admissions committee definitely isn't meeting, nor are any more acceptance letters gonna get sent out this week because they require her signature.
Anyways. Time to celebrate. Happy holidays everyone!
awww congratulations everybody! i didnt get a call. so i guess thats bb for me!
They may have sent you a letter, so hang in there and goodluck
- Status
- Not open for further replies.

