2009-2010 University of Washington Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...This is really stressful.:bang: I've lost my appetite... i hope they start calling people today...We would never really know though...cause there are so many people out there who dont even use sdn... :lame:

Members don't see this ad.

Man...This is really stressful.:bang: I've lost my appetite... i hope they start calling people today...We would never really know though...cause there are so many people out there who dont even use sdn... :lame:

It's good to know that there are enough people on SDN that we will hear if there is some movement today... but a call from my Excom member would be nice.

I know what you mean. I couldn't sleep and got up at 6 to check this forum... Seeing movement would be bittersweet though, if I wasn't part of it I'd be pretty crushed.
Here's to hoping for the best!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I also check the facebook UWSOM class of 2014 group, when people join there it usually means someone just got in. Right now they are at 57.

I just read a previous post from someone who got accepted a while back. The excom member called the person on Sunday!!!

That simply means that the suspense could last a couple of days...:smack::uhno::boom:

Ok... So I just called the admissions office at UW. The lady said that she didnt have access to the updates after the latest excom meeting, but someone was preparing the letters that are to be sent out...:scared:

I asked her if she knew when the people who interviewed in march would be hearing from the committee and the answer was pretty ambiguous....She said that the letters are sent to everyone, including the ones who get a phone call...and that the final decisions have been made...

It seems that you could even get a call on Monday or Tuesday... depending on the excom member's mood :rolleyes:

Ok... So I just called the admissions office at UW. The lady said that she didnt have access to the updates after the latest excom meeting, but someone was preparing the letters that are to be sent out...:scared:

I asked her if she knew when the people who interviewed in march would be hearing from the committee and the answer was pretty ambiguous....She said that the letters are sent to everyone, including the ones who get a phone call...and that the final decisions have been made...

It seems that you could even get a call on Monday or Tuesday... depending on the excom member's mood :rolleyes:

Hmmm, well I had the same excom member as DrLuv so I guess that means waitlist or rejection for me. Shooooot.
...or maybe his phone is out of batteries :idea:

Did they actually say letters were going to be mailed? When I asked on interview day they told me all correspondence is done via email because they had problems with mail in the past.

Did they actually say letters were going to be mailed? When I asked on interview day they told me all correspondence is done via email because they had problems with mail in the past.

Yeah, She was very specific about the mailing part...

She was unsure of what was happening at first, and said that she would have to go and ask this other person who was taking care of the letters that are to be sent out soon...I was on hold for 2 minutes and when she returned she said that they were preparing the letters right now, and even the people who have been accepted will be getting something in their mail!

She was unsure of what was happening at first, and said that she would have to go and ask this other person who was taking care of the letters that are to be sent out soon...I was on hold for 2 minutes and when she returned she said that they were preparing the letters right now, and even the people who have been accepted will be getting something in their mail!

Did she mention that all acceptances have already been called? or that they had more calls to make?...because I assume if they are snail mailing letters to people with acceptances, those people must find out before then somehow...

ack...i hate this whole waiting process. i'm trying to prepare for the worst and hope for the best...

good luck to everyone still waiting...si se puede!

I also called today and was told that everyone would recieve an e-mail, whether accepted, waitlisted or rejected. The person I spoke with said to most likely expect it next week, with a small chance of it being today.

if anything the admissions office has just added to the confusion. :mad:

i wish I hadnt called...sorry everyone for even bringing this up here... :(

I think the gist is that final decisions have been made, and we won't know where we stand until they are mailed (whether electronically or not).
So the waiting continues! Good luck everyone :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)

thank you silverlion and bluetulip for calling and sharing your findings! your phone calls definitely cleared stuff up.

Shall I add to the suspense?... Ok here it goes.

I just checked my status and something different appeared. There's a button for "First Year Site Preference." It wasn't there before and I haven't gotten any news from UW...

What do other people have?

UW is making this fun in a weird way. Just think about it. We're never going to go through something like this. Residency match is a whole other beast.

Shall I add to the suspense?... Ok here it goes.

I just checked my status and something different appeared. There's a button for "First Year Site Preference." It wasn't there before and I haven't gotten any news from UW...

What do other people have?

UW is making this fun in a weird way. Just think about it. We're never going to go through something like this. Residency match is a whole other beast.

mine says that too!! does everyone's say that??

Mine does.... I can't imagine that it represents bad news...?

Mine does.... I can't imagine that it represents bad news...?

haha that's what I was thinking! but who knows if its just a computer error or something, maybe everyone's says that...

I have that button on my status page as well...

That is interesting. So they change the status of applicants by blocks/groups. I wonder what are your similarities? Excomm advocates? Interview week? The suspense is killing me!!

If it makes anyone feel better, I got called from my excomm member, but my status page hasn't changed at all...

That is interesting. So they change the status of applicants by blocks/groups. I wonder what are your similarities? Excomm advocates? Interview week? The suspense is killing me!!

are we sure that this means we are in though?? I'm afraid to think that, don't want to get my hopes up!! maybe we should call...

but my excom member was dr. teitz...

My status page has first year preference link now too. Let's HOPE that's good news????

My status is still just "complete" but there is a "First Year Site Preference" link on there.

Anyone who got waitlisted already have that link? I hope it means in, but maybe it means in/waitlisted.

Mine doesnt say anything like that...It just says complete and only has the links to the "secondary application" and "interview information"

and DrLuv just said that the status page hasnt changed for him/her (sorry i dont know if youre a boy or a girl :oops:) so that means that it means nothing:xf:

Just putting this out there... Is it possible that those who are alternate "listed" have the status update, and those who are just flat out accepted don't have the change to their status page?

Is the button working?

It is really hard to read on this, but I guess they accessed your files for a reason. Hmm.... is it good or bad? we do not know. If we could only know their protocol, do they access first files of accepted candidates, then the files of waitlisted and lastly the rejected? I guess the 'Financial Aid' email will be the clincher. I read on last year's post that there was a candidate who recieved the 'Financial Aid' email the day after the final meeting and was waitlisted.

So I tried to call and ask someone about this new button but I couldn't get ahold of anyone. I'm not quite sure what number everyone else has been calling to get through, but whenever I ask for admissions the secretary transfers me to someone's voicemail...maybe someone else can try and have better luck!

That's the one.

Thanks for clarifying. I was beginning to wonder the same thing.

No change to my status page, but I've heard literally nothing at all since my interview on 3/2...which definitely makes me nervous.
:scared:

Congrats to all who've gotten in thus far and good luck to those who are waiting! Gahhhhh what a suspenseful day!

I also have the new button on my status page, and I had the same EXCOM advocate as DrLuv, so maybe it is just given to those who have not yet been accepted. Does anyone who has been accepted have that new button?

I feel silly in saying this but that little button has given me enough hope to get me through the weekend.

No button for me. It's crazymaking not knowing if this is the end.

I just checked my page and it now says:
"Action was taken on your application 3/26/2010. You should receive communication from our office."

Looks like i am being rejected...fml

Damn, just got an alternate email. So that button doesn't mean accepted :(

Just got an alternate email! I've been waiting since November, so I can't believe this is finally happening...

Last edited:
I just got the alternate list email. :( I hope there's movement on it, does anyone know what are the chances of being accepted off the waitlist??

I also have that first year site button on my status page by the way.

So now that we are all alternates, and people claim that the list "moves really quickly" how do we track the progress of the movement?

So now that we are all alternates, and people claim that the list "moves really quickly" how do we track the progress of the movement?

last year it was mostly tracked by people calling in and finding out what number they were up to...and then people posting it on here.

PS up to #42 was accepted last year off the waitlist (or the year before, can't remember) so there's still hope!

also got the alternate email.

i know this was posted earlier in the thread, but i couldn't find it. what are the numbers of people that were accepted off of the wait list in the past few years?

also got the alternate email.

i know this was posted earlier in the thread, but i couldn't find it. what are the numbers of people that were accepted off of the wait list in the past few years?

Alternate list! I keep going from thrilled to anxious to thrilled...lets hope there is movement!

Rejected. Good luck to all those on the waitlist.

Rejected...."not ready" category :(. Oh well, I will try again. On the plus side, i get to spend a year with my awesome baby boy!! :)

Congrats to the class of 2014 and good luck to all on the alternate list!!

Rejected...."not ready" category :(. Oh well, I will try again. On the plus side, i get to spend a year with my awesome baby boy!! :)

Congrats to the class of 2014 and good luck to all on the alternate list!!

How do you know what category you fall into, my rejection just states the standard, "you qualified but regretfully. . . "?

Status
Not open for further replies.