2010-2011 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell7301

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Waitlisted today =/ (interviewed 3/3)

Same here, interviewed 3/3 and waitlisted.

I think they accept a lot of people off the waitlist here, so don't worry about it so much!

Members don't see this ad.

RedandBlack7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Same here, interviewed 3/3 and waitlisted.

I think they accept a lot of people off the waitlist here, so don't worry about it so much!

Did you guys get waitlisted through the mail? I interviewed around then too but did not receive mail or e-mails yet. I didn't check the mail today yet though.

amandaeleven

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you guys get waitlisted through the mail? I interviewed around then too but did not receive mail or e-mails yet. I didn't check the mail today yet though.

They email waitlist and acceptance decisions and snail mail rejections... at least that's what I've gotten from reading this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)

Maxwell7301

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

It was an email, around 9:00am today.

RedandBlack7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
They email waitlist and acceptance decisions and snail mail rejections... at least that's what I've gotten from reading this thread.

I interviewed March 2nd...so I guess it might be good news I didn't get a waitlist email or probably just bad news that I got a rejection letter waiting in the mail lol

Maxwell7301

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed March 2nd...so I guess it might be good news I didn't get a waitlist email or probably just bad news that I got a rejection letter waiting in the mail lol

Yeah, no way to know for sure, but hang in there. Are you waiting for your first acceptance?

anfielder

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also interviewed on 3/2 and haven't heard anything. I'm with you that it's a little concerning to have not heard anything since rejections are via snail mail, but it took over 3 months for Kchen22 to hear back and he/she got accepted. Who knows if not hearing anything yet actually means something.

WAPhoenix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh man... people are hearing back from 3/10. I'm :xf: that I hear some good news soon.

Maxwell7301

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've only received 2 waitlists so far so i'm hoping for the longshot that i'll be accepted here

It doesn't have to be a longshot, it just feels that way. Maybe you'll get the acceptance here soon! If not, one of those waitlists could easily come through in the end.

My only acceptance is from a waitlist, and I waited from November to March.

ciruelo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got in! First MD acceptance! Better late than never haha SO EXCITED! :D

Members don't see this ad :)

ciruelo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So according to NYMC's fin aid web site, the deadline for submitting financial aid forms is April 28th! It says if you were accepted after April 28th, you have 14 days...I hope that applies to me too since I'll need a couple of days to get everything together!

DocTraveler

MS1...Livin' the Dream
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just withdrew my acceptance. I had received a $20K/yr scholarship, so I really hope this goes to someone out there who deserves it and doesn't have mommy and daddy paying for everything ;).

Good luck all! :xf:

Fstock

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted! Interviewed 3/31. Email today at 9. 1st one! Thought my interview went terribly.

socks053

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just withdrew my acceptance because I got a better offer closer to home. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope one of you gets my spot! Thanks for sharing this forum with me!

LePoisson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone who's been accepted or waitlisted. Has anyone who interviewed in March gotten a rejection yet? Email or snail-mail?

Mop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wailisted this morning. Interviewed 3/28

PocketPocket

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wailisted this morning. Interviewed 3/28

Hey! Then I most definitely saw you that day! Good luck -- from previous posts, it sounds like the waitlist has good movement!

Now I'm worried.... If e-mails are only sent to accepted/waitlisted candidates -- then there's a chance that a rejection letter is waiting for me at home....

Last edited:

WAPhoenix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now I'm worried.... If e-mails are only sent to accepted/waitlisted candidates -- then there's a chance that a rejection letter is waiting for me at home....

Totally agree with you. In light of e-mail acceptances/waitlists, it's pretty unnerving to think a letter is on its way.

synthase

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with you. In light of e-mail acceptances/waitlists, it's pretty unnerving to think a letter is on its way.

Not everyone who interviews around the same time hears back on the same day... it depends on what files the committee gets through and whether or not your interviewer was able to attend the meeting to discuss your file...
Keep the hope alive and good luck.

nomnomnomnom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got asked to send in my spring grades today, which I'm hoping isn't necessarily a bad thing. Did anyone else get this? By the time my semester finishes I'll have 3 A's and 1 B for the year. I just hope that I can get my spring grades to admissions quickly before all the waitlist movement starts. My semester doesn't finish until the first week of May ... I really, really liked this school when I interviewed and want to go here- so I'm hoping that things will pan out.

jsarcona

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted!!! Found out early this morning by e-mail. Interviewed 3-16. Definitely going, top choice out of remaining schools because of their clinical opportunities 3rd and 4th years and huge support system in the area. Hope to see some more of you there. Good Luck!!

Last edited:

Hah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Withdrew today. Good luck everyone.

greenhat06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Accepted! Interviewed 3/31. Email today at 9. 1st one! Thought my interview went terribly.

congrats, I interviewed that day too... unfortunately waitlisted. Really bummed about it, thought my interview went pretty well (stiff interviewer though). Anyways, at least there is some hope with this school's waitlist. I have two other waitlists plus this one, but no acceptances. Just give me one, please please please. I am jealous of people with 5 rejections and a single acceptance haha.

Maxwell7301

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
congrats, I interviewed that day too... unfortunately waitlisted. Really bummed about it, thought my interview went pretty well (stiff interviewer though). Anyways, at least there is some hope with this school's waitlist. I have two other waitlists plus this one, but no acceptances. Just give me one, please please please. I am jealous of people with 5 rejections and a single acceptance haha.

Lol, I know how you feel. I have 10 rejections and 1 acceptance. I thought my interview was strong at NYMC, but I ended up being wait listed also.

Also, my one acceptance was from a wait list, so waitlists can definitely work out.

Just a reminder, but anyone waitlisted needs to respond to the email within 2 weeks to stay on the waitlist. They want to know that you are still interested.

silvrainment

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maxwell,
Thanks for posting that reminder about responding with 2 weeks saying you are still interested. I just received a letter saying I have been waitlisted, but I am happy to even be on that list. I felt like my interview was mediocre at best and my experiences were vastly different from the other students who were interviewing (I didn't have a MPH) on that day.

bieber

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
got an acceptance e-mail this morning and will be attending =). interviewed 3/22

dewgong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how's waitlist movement been? has anyone gotten accepted off it recently?

anfielder

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Snail mail rejection yesterday in NYC. Congrats to everyone who got in.

Huskie99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard from the April 1st interview group? May 15th is soon approaching, I am starting to get nervous that NYMC will accept me like the day before and I will only have one day to make a decision on which school I want to attend!:scared:

pairofscrubs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ACCEPTED!! Just got the email this morning!! My first acceptance!! I'm shaking all over!!:D

Interviewed 4/6
Accepted 5/2

jsarcona

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to all of those accepted and planning on matriculating at NYMC class of 2015!!!

I started a facebook group cause I couldn't find one that was already made called 'New York Medical College - Class of 2015'

http://www.facebook.com/joseph.sarcona#!/home.php?sk=group_200491216656697

Good luck to all of those on the waiting list and I hope everyone gets a choice of medical schools this season.

pairofscrubs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats pairofscrubs!! Time to go celebrate! :thumbup:

Thanks so much SnowShoes! Trust, I will definitely be celebrating tonight!! ;) Congrats to all those holding acceptances, and best of luck to those still waiting on news from NYMC! Keep the faith!!:luck:

NDSKI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
waitlisted this morning. Guess I'll have to wait some more to find out if I'm going to get in.

raptik

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Officially declined my acceptance. Good luck to the rest of you looking for acceptance here.

speedyj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I withdrew my accpetance here (Interviewed 4/25 and accepted 5/2), so best of luck to those still waiting! The waiting game is almost over!

nessa4719

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who interviewed in feb who haven't heard anything....Im pretty sure this is a rejection but its strange to me that I have not received a rejection at this point

fortunately

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who interviewed in feb who haven't heard anything....Im pretty sure this is a rejection but its strange to me that I have not received a rejection at this point

At my interview, they told us they will be sending out decisions through the end of next week. My guess is if you haven't heard back yet, you will by May 15.

OGMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
withdrew this week...good luck waitlist-ers!

Dr G3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just withdrew as well. Good luck everyone

synthase

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone attend second look day (either day Tues/Fri)? If so, how was it? Learn anything new/interesting about the program or school?

SnowShoes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I mailed in the finaid docs early April and still haven't got the finaid package yet. Anybody got theirs yet? I was hoping I'll get it before May 15th. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.