2010-2011 New York Medical College Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, interviewed 3/3 and waitlisted.

I think they accept a lot of people off the waitlist here, so don't worry about it so much!

Did you guys get waitlisted through the mail? I interviewed around then too but did not receive mail or e-mails yet. I didn't check the mail today yet though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They email waitlist and acceptance decisions and snail mail rejections... at least that's what I've gotten from reading this thread.

I interviewed March 2nd...so I guess it might be good news I didn't get a waitlist email or probably just bad news that I got a rejection letter waiting in the mail lol
 
I interviewed March 2nd...so I guess it might be good news I didn't get a waitlist email or probably just bad news that I got a rejection letter waiting in the mail lol

Yeah, no way to know for sure, but hang in there. Are you waiting for your first acceptance?
 
I also interviewed on 3/2 and haven't heard anything. I'm with you that it's a little concerning to have not heard anything since rejections are via snail mail, but it took over 3 months for Kchen22 to hear back and he/she got accepted. Who knows if not hearing anything yet actually means something.
 
Yeah I've only received 2 waitlists so far so i'm hoping for the longshot that i'll be accepted here

It doesn't have to be a longshot, it just feels that way. Maybe you'll get the acceptance here soon! If not, one of those waitlists could easily come through in the end.

My only acceptance is from a waitlist, and I waited from November to March.
 
So according to NYMC's fin aid web site, the deadline for submitting financial aid forms is April 28th! It says if you were accepted after April 28th, you have 14 days...I hope that applies to me too since I'll need a couple of days to get everything together!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew my acceptance. I had received a $20K/yr scholarship, so I really hope this goes to someone out there who deserves it and doesn't have mommy and daddy paying for everything 😉.

Good luck all! :xf:
 
I just withdrew my acceptance because I got a better offer closer to home. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope one of you gets my spot! Thanks for sharing this forum with me!
 
Congrats to everyone who's been accepted or waitlisted. Has anyone who interviewed in March gotten a rejection yet? Email or snail-mail?
 
Just wailisted this morning. Interviewed 3/28

Hey! Then I most definitely saw you that day! Good luck -- from previous posts, it sounds like the waitlist has good movement!

Now I'm worried.... If e-mails are only sent to accepted/waitlisted candidates -- then there's a chance that a rejection letter is waiting for me at home....
 
Last edited:
Now I'm worried.... If e-mails are only sent to accepted/waitlisted candidates -- then there's a chance that a rejection letter is waiting for me at home....

Totally agree with you. In light of e-mail acceptances/waitlists, it's pretty unnerving to think a letter is on its way.
 
Totally agree with you. In light of e-mail acceptances/waitlists, it's pretty unnerving to think a letter is on its way.

Not everyone who interviews around the same time hears back on the same day... it depends on what files the committee gets through and whether or not your interviewer was able to attend the meeting to discuss your file...
Keep the hope alive and good luck.
 
I got asked to send in my spring grades today, which I'm hoping isn't necessarily a bad thing. Did anyone else get this? By the time my semester finishes I'll have 3 A's and 1 B for the year. I just hope that I can get my spring grades to admissions quickly before all the waitlist movement starts. My semester doesn't finish until the first week of May ... I really, really liked this school when I interviewed and want to go here- so I'm hoping that things will pan out.
 
Accepted!!! Found out early this morning by e-mail. Interviewed 3-16. Definitely going, top choice out of remaining schools because of their clinical opportunities 3rd and 4th years and huge support system in the area. Hope to see some more of you there. Good Luck!!
 
Last edited:
Accepted! Interviewed 3/31. Email today at 9. 1st one! Thought my interview went terribly.

congrats, I interviewed that day too... unfortunately waitlisted. Really bummed about it, thought my interview went pretty well (stiff interviewer though). Anyways, at least there is some hope with this school's waitlist. I have two other waitlists plus this one, but no acceptances. Just give me one, please please please. I am jealous of people with 5 rejections and a single acceptance haha.
 
congrats, I interviewed that day too... unfortunately waitlisted. Really bummed about it, thought my interview went pretty well (stiff interviewer though). Anyways, at least there is some hope with this school's waitlist. I have two other waitlists plus this one, but no acceptances. Just give me one, please please please. I am jealous of people with 5 rejections and a single acceptance haha.

Lol, I know how you feel. I have 10 rejections and 1 acceptance. I thought my interview was strong at NYMC, but I ended up being wait listed also.

Also, my one acceptance was from a wait list, so waitlists can definitely work out.

Just a reminder, but anyone waitlisted needs to respond to the email within 2 weeks to stay on the waitlist. They want to know that you are still interested.
 
Maxwell,
Thanks for posting that reminder about responding with 2 weeks saying you are still interested. I just received a letter saying I have been waitlisted, but I am happy to even be on that list. I felt like my interview was mediocre at best and my experiences were vastly different from the other students who were interviewing (I didn't have a MPH) on that day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone heard from the April 1st interview group? May 15th is soon approaching, I am starting to get nervous that NYMC will accept me like the day before and I will only have one day to make a decision on which school I want to attend!:scared:
 
ACCEPTED!! Just got the email this morning!! My first acceptance!! I'm shaking all over!!😀

Interviewed 4/6
Accepted 5/2
 
Congrats pairofscrubs!! Time to go celebrate! 👍

Thanks so much SnowShoes! Trust, I will definitely be celebrating tonight!! 😉 Congrats to all those holding acceptances, and best of luck to those still waiting on news from NYMC! Keep the faith!!:luck:
 
Officially declined my acceptance. Good luck to the rest of you looking for acceptance here.
 
I withdrew my accpetance here (Interviewed 4/25 and accepted 5/2), so best of luck to those still waiting! The waiting game is almost over!
 
Am I the only one who interviewed in feb who haven't heard anything....Im pretty sure this is a rejection but its strange to me that I have not received a rejection at this point
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Am I the only one who interviewed in feb who haven't heard anything....Im pretty sure this is a rejection but its strange to me that I have not received a rejection at this point

At my interview, they told us they will be sending out decisions through the end of next week. My guess is if you haven't heard back yet, you will by May 15.
 
Did anyone attend second look day (either day Tues/Fri)? If so, how was it? Learn anything new/interesting about the program or school?
 
I mailed in the finaid docs early April and still haven't got the finaid package yet. Anybody got theirs yet? I was hoping I'll get it before May 15th. 😀
 
Status
Not open for further replies.