You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
How many people does that upper 1/3 hold? Everyone? Is there even a mid 1/3 and lower 1/3? I haven't seen people saying they are on those waitlists.
Looking at past threads, there are people who are placed in the mid and bottom thirds.
I don't know how big the top 1/3 is.
Going by US World News numbers, last year they accepted 167 IS and 161 OOS for a total of 328. Of 328, 141 enrolled (71 IS and 70 OOS). I don't know what we can make of these numbers tho
How many people does that upper 1/3 hold? Everyone? Is there even a mid 1/3 and lower 1/3? I haven't seen people saying they are on those waitlists.
from this year thread, is mostly been upper third (prob all of them), but yea the past threads, there were middle and lower. do they reject people post-interview?
has anyone heard about second look week? past years, they mostly invite people with acceptances, but some from upper third received the invites. I'm hoping to get one, bc i really want to go here and get in from the wait list.
good luck 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im waitlisted in the middle third.
Im waitlisted in the middle third.
A fellow cali applicant, Hopefully, we both get in. 🙂
Last edited:
Looking at past threads, there are people who are placed in the mid and bottom thirds.
I don't know how big the top 1/3 is.
Going by US World News numbers, last year they accepted 167 IS and 161 OOS for a total of 328. Of 328, 141 enrolled (71 IS and 70 OOS). I don't know what we can make of these numbers tho
+1 for Cali!
+1 for Cali!
cali group
+1hey me too! Cali upper 1/3![]()
😱
they should just call this school UC EVMS
Haha. Although not Cali, still looking for some west coast love.
IS, WL upper third
When I called, they said that there was roughly 350 on the WL.
When I called, they said that there was roughly 350 on the WL.
IS, WL upper third
When I called, they said that there was roughly 350 on the WL.
😱
Their class size is only 141...why do they need a WL that is 350 people long?
IS, WL upper third
When I called, they said that there was roughly 350 on the WL.
how do you know what tier you are on? did you call and ask?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how do you know what tier you are on? did you call and ask?
yea, you have to call to find out, good luck
yea, you have to call to find out, good luck
top third! but not sure what that means... haha
top third! but not sure what that means... haha
welcom to the club mang.
Regarding the "Preview Weekend" -
An invitation was recently sent out to acceptees. I believe the date is set for April 20-21. The invitation did not say anything regarding waitlisted students. Might be best to contact the Admissions Office about that. Some schools allow waitlisters to partake in second-look activities if they call and specifically ask about it. I don't know what EVMS' policy is.
An invitation was recently sent out to acceptees. I believe the date is set for April 20-21. The invitation did not say anything regarding waitlisted students. Might be best to contact the Admissions Office about that. Some schools allow waitlisters to partake in second-look activities if they call and specifically ask about it. I don't know what EVMS' policy is.
Withdrew from the WL, good luck everyone
stumbled upon this EVMS related thread on reddit...
Awesome...
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/r6qc6/graduating_medical_students_on_the_most_important/
Awesome...
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/r6qc6/graduating_medical_students_on_the_most_important/
Does anyone know when interview season ends at EVMS and when they will begin pulling from the waitlist?
Does anyone know when interview season ends at EVMS and when they will begin pulling from the waitlist?
I was told that they interview 'until the end of march'. So I would guess that next week would probably be their last week for interviews. They will probably start pulling from the wait list in April, but I doubt any large-scale movement will occur until May, mostly in the week following the 15th.
Thanks! That's what I was told too, but I was wondering if anyone knew an exact date just to get things moving. Here's to more waiting.
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Just got my waitlist notice today, surprised because I am OOS and not expecting much this late in the cycle. I guess with such a huge waitlist though I won't hold my breath. I got the mail too late to find out what tier I am in, guess I will wonder over the weekend.
Update: Called today, middle 1/3
Update: Called today, middle 1/3
Last edited:
I am guessing that being below the top 1/3rd is roughly equal to a rejection, based on the last three years threads in which they were still pulling off the top 1/3rd at the end of the cycle. Oh well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed one week ago (March 23rd), letter in mail today saying waitlisted, called and in top 1/3. So excited, I absolutely loved this school and the area, I'm from the west so the east is beautiful new territory 🙂
Anyone heard of any movement yet?
Haven't heard of any movement. Called the admissions office and they said not to expect any movement til May. Although when I called a couple weeks ago they said there should be movement starting in early April..
Haven't heard of any movement. Called the admissions office and they said not to expect any movement til May. Although when I called a couple weeks ago they said there should be movement starting in early April..
Yea, its really tough to decipher. Because the last 5 pages of this thread it seems like 95% of people who got an update from them were either rejected or waitlisted (most in top 1/3). Then there are also probably 10+ people saying they were declining acceptance for another school or removing their name from the wait list. And only a small handful of acceptances that are attending evms or still deciding. It seems like there should be at least some movement in april.. Haha.. its so impossible not to over-analyze this whole process.
Yea, its really tough to decipher. Because the last 5 pages of this thread it seems like 95% of people who got an update from them were either rejected or waitlisted (most in top 1/3). Then there are also probably 10+ people saying they were declining acceptance for another school or removing their name from the wait list. And only a small handful of acceptances that are attending evms or still deciding. It seems like there should be at least some movement in april.. Haha.. its so impossible not to over-analyze this whole process.
When I called on Friday, they told me their class was currently full and that only 1-2 people have been dropping per week.
This was not the most encouraging news for me either when i read it..
BUT then i got home...
😱 😀 😱 😀 ACCEPTED off the waitlist "upper 1/3" OOS 😱 😀 😱 😀
Re-applicant and this is my first acceptance! Interested in the MD/MPH!
I hope there are more letters coming for SDN people! Good luck everyone!!
Did you have a phone interview with Solhaug and send updates and whatnot? Or just get in out of the blue?
This was not the most encouraging news for me either when i read it..
BUT then i got home...
😱 😀 ACCEPTED off the waitlist "upper 1/3" OOS 😱 😀
Re-applicant and this is my first acceptance! Interested in the MD/MPH!
I hope there are more letters coming for SDN people! Good luck everyone!!
Also CONGRATS! (forgot to mention that haha)
This was not the most encouraging news for me either when i read it..
BUT then i got home...
😱 😀 ACCEPTED off the waitlist "upper 1/3" OOS 😱 😀
Re-applicant and this is my first acceptance! Interested in the MD/MPH!
I hope there are more letters coming for SDN people! Good luck everyone!!
Congrats! 🙂
Thanks!
I was very adamant about staying in contact and showing them just how interested I was. I did a formal update letter, letter of interest, and bi-monthly (approx.) emails to my interviewer to keep in touch. Other than that, it was mildly 'out-of-the-blue'.
That is great news! Congrats. Here is to hoping for some IS wait-list movement.
This was not the most encouraging news for me either when i read it..
BUT then i got home...
😱 😀 ACCEPTED off the waitlist "upper 1/3" OOS 😱 😀
Re-applicant and this is my first acceptance! Interested in the MD/MPH!
I hope there are more letters coming for SDN people! Good luck everyone!!
congrats man you deserve it. I'm hoping to see that package too 🙂. well deserve.
Hi guys,
Im posting this on behalf of a good friend of mine becuase he doesnt have a SDN account. Anyhow, my friend McCoy got accepted into EVMS this current cycle and he ask me to pass this link along for a facebook page that he just started today.
Im not sure if its an open or closed group but this is the link. and congrads those accepted and good luck to all waitlisters!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/355193851182513/?bookmark_t=group
Im posting this on behalf of a good friend of mine becuase he doesnt have a SDN account. Anyhow, my friend McCoy got accepted into EVMS this current cycle and he ask me to pass this link along for a facebook page that he just started today.
Im not sure if its an open or closed group but this is the link. and congrads those accepted and good luck to all waitlisters!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/355193851182513/?bookmark_t=group
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted261193
withdrew from upper third waitlist !
withdrew from upper third waitlist !
I will be doing the same!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K

everyone. If I wasn't OOS, I would've gone here for sure.