2011-2012 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people does that upper 1/3 hold? Everyone? Is there even a mid 1/3 and lower 1/3? I haven't seen people saying they are on those waitlists.

Members don't see this ad.

How many people does that upper 1/3 hold? Everyone? Is there even a mid 1/3 and lower 1/3? I haven't seen people saying they are on those waitlists.

Looking at past threads, there are people who are placed in the mid and bottom thirds.

I don't know how big the top 1/3 is.

Going by US World News numbers, last year they accepted 167 IS and 161 OOS for a total of 328. Of 328, 141 enrolled (71 IS and 70 OOS). I don't know what we can make of these numbers tho

from this year thread, is mostly been upper third (prob all of them), but yea the past threads, there were middle and lower. do they reject people post-interview?

has anyone heard about second look week? past years, they mostly invite people with acceptances, but some from upper third received the invites. I'm hoping to get one, bc i really want to go here and get in from the wait list.

good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking at past threads, there are people who are placed in the mid and bottom thirds.

I don't know how big the top 1/3 is.

Going by US World News numbers, last year they accepted 167 IS and 161 OOS for a total of 328. Of 328, 141 enrolled (71 IS and 70 OOS). I don't know what we can make of these numbers tho

+1 for Cali!

:eek:

they should just call this school UC EVMS

IS, WL upper third
When I called, they said that there was roughly 350 on the WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is EVMS doing a 2nd look weekend this year? I know they did one on April 1st last year. Any other updates from anyone lately?

waitlisters, do you guys think we will get an invitation to preview weekend? any of you guys got one already? i know last year they sent the invites to some wl.

mucho gracias

Regarding the "Preview Weekend" -

An invitation was recently sent out to acceptees. I believe the date is set for April 20-21. The invitation did not say anything regarding waitlisted students. Might be best to contact the Admissions Office about that. Some schools allow waitlisters to partake in second-look activities if they call and specifically ask about it. I don't know what EVMS' policy is.

stumbled upon this EVMS related thread on reddit...

TV8P1.jpg

Awesome...

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/r6qc6/graduating_medical_students_on_the_most_important/

Does anyone know when interview season ends at EVMS and when they will begin pulling from the waitlist?

Does anyone know when interview season ends at EVMS and when they will begin pulling from the waitlist?

I was told that they interview 'until the end of march'. So I would guess that next week would probably be their last week for interviews. They will probably start pulling from the wait list in April, but I doubt any large-scale movement will occur until May, mostly in the week following the 15th.

Thanks! That's what I was told too, but I was wondering if anyone knew an exact date just to get things moving. Here's to more waiting.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Just got my waitlist notice today, surprised because I am OOS and not expecting much this late in the cycle. I guess with such a huge waitlist though I won't hold my breath. I got the mail too late to find out what tier I am in, guess I will wonder over the weekend.

Update: Called today, middle 1/3

Last edited:
I am guessing that being below the top 1/3rd is roughly equal to a rejection, based on the last three years threads in which they were still pulling off the top 1/3rd at the end of the cycle. Oh well.

I'm going to send in my acceptance withdrawal tmrw morning. Good luck :luck: everyone. If I wasn't OOS, I would've gone here for sure.

Edit: The message is in my draft box. I just don't want to send it!..But I know it's better now than later :(

Last edited:
Interviewed 10/19, waitlisted in November, called today and they said top 1/3.

Interviewed one week ago (March 23rd), letter in mail today saying waitlisted, called and in top 1/3. So excited, I absolutely loved this school and the area, I'm from the west so the east is beautiful new territory :)

Interviews concluded Friday, March 30th, confirmed by admissions office. Hopefully that means some movement in the coming weeks.

Anyone heard of any movement yet?

Also, for those who have been accepted, is there a facebook page yet? If so, could you provide the link

Anyone heard of any movement yet?

Haven't heard of any movement. Called the admissions office and they said not to expect any movement til May. Although when I called a couple weeks ago they said there should be movement starting in early April..

Haven't heard of any movement. Called the admissions office and they said not to expect any movement til May. Although when I called a couple weeks ago they said there should be movement starting in early April..

Yea, its really tough to decipher. Because the last 5 pages of this thread it seems like 95% of people who got an update from them were either rejected or waitlisted (most in top 1/3). Then there are also probably 10+ people saying they were declining acceptance for another school or removing their name from the wait list. And only a small handful of acceptances that are attending evms or still deciding. It seems like there should be at least some movement in april.. Haha.. its so impossible not to over-analyze this whole process.

Yea, its really tough to decipher. Because the last 5 pages of this thread it seems like 95% of people who got an update from them were either rejected or waitlisted (most in top 1/3). Then there are also probably 10+ people saying they were declining acceptance for another school or removing their name from the wait list. And only a small handful of acceptances that are attending evms or still deciding. It seems like there should be at least some movement in april.. Haha.. its so impossible not to over-analyze this whole process.

When I called on Friday, they told me their class was currently full and that only 1-2 people have been dropping per week.

Thanks for that update. Wish it was better news :(

This was not the most encouraging news for me either when i read it..

BUT then i got home...

:eek: :D :eek: :D ACCEPTED off the waitlist "upper 1/3" OOS :eek: :D :eek: :D

Re-applicant and this is my first acceptance! Interested in the MD/MPH!

I hope there are more letters coming for SDN people! Good luck everyone!!

Did you have a phone interview with Solhaug and send updates and whatnot? Or just get in out of the blue?

BUT then i got home...

:eek: :D ACCEPTED off the waitlist "upper 1/3" OOS :eek: :D

Also CONGRATS! (forgot to mention that haha)

BUT then i got home...

Congrats! :)

Thanks!

I was very adamant about staying in contact and showing them just how interested I was. I did a formal update letter, letter of interest, and bi-monthly (approx.) emails to my interviewer to keep in touch. Other than that, it was mildly 'out-of-the-blue'.

That is great news! Congrats. Here is to hoping for some IS wait-list movement.

BUT then i got home...

congrats man you deserve it. I'm hoping to see that package too :). well deserve.

Hi guys,

Im posting this on behalf of a good friend of mine becuase he doesnt have a SDN account. Anyhow, my friend McCoy got accepted into EVMS this current cycle and he ask me to pass this link along for a facebook page that he just started today.

Im not sure if its an open or closed group but this is the link. and congrads those accepted and good luck to all waitlisters!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/355193851182513/?bookmark_t=group

is anyone familiar with the Hague Club Apartments? Are they nice or is it better to find another apartment? Thanks..

Hi Guys,

I've just been accepted off the upper 1/3 OOS, so there's still hope out there! I didn't think this day would come! Good Luck and keep the faith!

Also,

Does anyone know where I can find an M1 exam schedule? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.