-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Johns Hopkins Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
has anyone who interviewed at the end of october heard anything?
I also interviewed in late oct. I have not heard anything..... I was looking at past years threads and there were some admission offers made in early december (5th,6th). So we should be hearing any day now!
I also interviewed in late oct. I have not heard anything..... I was looking at past years threads and there were some admission offers made in early december (5th,6th). So we should be hearing any day now!
This tension is nigh physically painful.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those accepted, is it just a phone call and snail mail or is there an email too?
Phone call and snail mail. Good luck 👍for those accepted, is it just a phone call and snail mail or is there an email too?
for those accepted, is it just a phone call and snail mail or is there an email too?
Phone call and snail mail. Good luck 👍
Plus an email a few days later if you live in Canada! We're extra special up here.
Plus an email a few days later if you live in Canada! We're extra special up here.
oh nice. i was wondering cuz i'm abroad right now as well so i hope they email me!! won't get to my mail box for ages
Complete mid September... do you guys think there is still hope???
I hope so because I was also complete mid september and haven't head anything. Let's just pretend Hopkins is taking a winter break and will resume giving out interviews to us once it has passed.
Accepted! Phone call this morning.
when did you interview?Accepted! Phone call this morning.
Interviewed 11/17.
Accepted as well. Interviewed the same day as you, Spicy.Interviewed 11/17.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted as well. Interviewed the same day as you, Spicy.
Congrats, everyone! Dude, Alpha Centauri? Sweet game.

Congrats, everyone! Dude, Alpha Centauri? Sweet game.![]()
Good game, and good catch. 😉
How receptive is Hopkins to update letters involving a new publication, etc.?? I have been complete for a while and am starting to think my chances are roughly 0...but I figure it's worth a shot. Also, where do they send you status updates?
Accepted as well. Interviewed the same day as you, Spicy.
i interviewed 11/17 but didn't get a call yesterday- can i assume a rejection..😕
🙁🙁
How receptive is Hopkins to update letters involving a new publication, etc.?? I have been complete for a while and am starting to think my chances are roughly 0...but I figure it's worth a shot. Also, where do they send you status updates?
I called and they do not accept pre-interview status updates.
but if you have any luck, please let us know!
i interviewed 11/17 but didn't get a call yesterday- can i assume a rejection..😕
🙁🙁
I hope not. I was interviewed 11/11 and received nothing either. =\ I remember them saying at my interview we would know by 11/15 so i'm assuming you still have a few more days. :: praying i get a call tomorrow::
For anyone that has read part 1, here is part 2 of my interview day at Johns Hopkins. I promise this will be last post on here promoting my blog 

Complete 12/16... maybe they gave enough time to make it to like the last interview day...
Complete 12/16... maybe they gave enough time to make it to like the last interview day...
Guess I should be complete soon then too, when is the latest they typically send out invites?
RenaissanceMan, just curious, when did you interview?
Back in mid-October, why whats up?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the form we have to sign and mail them back is NOT binding, is it? they have worded it confusingly
No, not binding. There isn't any school that can bind you at this point.the form we have to sign and mail them back is NOT binding, is it? they have worded it confusingly
just trying to create a hypothetical timeline...and trying to see if i interviewed with you. lol.Back in mid-October, why whats up?
D
deleted401746
I was complete in August, but haven't heard anything. Do I even have a chance now so late in the game? My stats are above average, but not anything amazing.
+1...losing hope on Hopkins
+1...losing hope on Hopkins
Same. Complete in september. This is not a good feeling.
just got an interview invite for mid january!
submitted aug 10, complete nov 1.
Congrats man! Hoping for the same...
just trying to create a hypothetical timeline...and trying to see if i interviewed with you. lol.
I heard back just under a month after interviewing. A letter in the mail saying "thanks but no thanks" haha. Good luck to you though!
has anyone who heard interviewed at the end of october heard back yet? i knew that our day would be pushed back a little because of the thanksgiving break...but seeing how people who interviewed in later dates have already gotten replies, i was wondering if anyone has heard one way or the other.
alternate list 🙁 anyone have any thoughts on this? do i have a chance?
Complete 12/20, I'm guessing this was pretty much a waste of money since Hopkins is rolling?
It's medical school, therefore from what I can tell, a crapshoot. Granted both of us put ourselves in crummy spots. But don't lose hope, weird stuff happens sometimes.
Does anyone know what dates during the holidays the office of admissions will be open? And has anyone found a phone number for Beverly Kail? I cannot find it anywhere. I am trying to reschedule my interview and do not know how to go about doing that.
Any input would be so helpful!
Any input would be so helpful!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone who heard interviewed at the end of october heard back yet? i knew that our day would be pushed back a little because of the thanksgiving break...but seeing how people who interviewed in later dates have already gotten replies, i was wondering if anyone has heard one way or the other.
Accepted this past Monday! Interviewed on 11/11
All I want for Christmas is an II form Hopkins! Too much to ask? Maybe...
Interview invite 12/29, complete 11/14.
I'm interested in staying in Reed Hall for some extra days and doing stuff in Baltimore with my SO on a mini-getaway. Will it be a problem getting her in? Is there swipe security in the residence?
I'm interested in staying in Reed Hall for some extra days and doing stuff in Baltimore with my SO on a mini-getaway. Will it be a problem getting her in? Is there swipe security in the residence?
Getting into the front door without a card should not be a big problem (guards will let you in). If I remember correctly, the elevators require a key to operate (?).
I don't remember needing a key for the elevator. You do need a card to get into the building, but there was quite a bit of traffic going in and out, so it wasn't difficult to slip in behind someone.Getting into the front door without a card should not be a big problem (guards will let you in). If I remember correctly, the elevators require a key to operate (?).
The bed is pretty tiny, though.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K