2011-2012 Johns Hopkins Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone who interviewed at the end of october heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone who interviewed at the end of october heard anything?

I also interviewed in late oct. I have not heard anything..... I was looking at past years threads and there were some admission offers made in early december (5th,6th). So we should be hearing any day now!

I also interviewed in late oct. I have not heard anything..... I was looking at past years threads and there were some admission offers made in early december (5th,6th). So we should be hearing any day now!

This tension is nigh physically painful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed second week of November and they told us we should hear back by December 15th if not a couple of days earlier than that...

for those accepted, is it just a phone call and snail mail or is there an email too?

Plus an email a few days later if you live in Canada! We're extra special up here.

oh nice. i was wondering cuz i'm abroad right now as well so i hope they email me!! won't get to my mail box for ages

Complete mid September... do you guys think there is still hope???

Complete mid September... do you guys think there is still hope???

I hope so because I was also complete mid september and haven't head anything. Let's just pretend Hopkins is taking a winter break and will resume giving out interviews to us once it has passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted this morning by phone call! I interviewed on 11/10. Best of luck to those waiting for news.

Congrats, everyone! And join the fb group!

Aw man, interviewed 10/27. Probably not the best sign, haha. Congrats!

How receptive is Hopkins to update letters involving a new publication, etc.?? I have been complete for a while and am starting to think my chances are roughly 0...but I figure it's worth a shot. Also, where do they send you status updates?

How receptive is Hopkins to update letters involving a new publication, etc.?? I have been complete for a while and am starting to think my chances are roughly 0...but I figure it's worth a shot. Also, where do they send you status updates?

I called and they do not accept pre-interview status updates.

but if you have any luck, please let us know!

i interviewed 11/17 but didn't get a call yesterday- can i assume a rejection..:confused:

:(:(

I hope not. I was interviewed 11/11 and received nothing either. =\ I remember them saying at my interview we would know by 11/15 so i'm assuming you still have a few more days. :: praying i get a call tomorrow::

x

Last edited:
Complete 12/16... maybe they gave enough time to make it to like the last interview day...

RenaissanceMan, just curious, when did you interview?

Interviewed there a few days ago. Already have many acceptances under my belt, but if the money would come through I can see myself at JHU. Wow, what an impressive place!

the form we have to sign and mail them back is NOT binding, is it? they have worded it confusingly

I was complete in August, but haven't heard anything. Do I even have a chance now so late in the game? My stats are above average, but not anything amazing.

I was complete in August, but haven't heard anything. Do I even have a chance now so late in the game? My stats are above average, but not anything amazing.

+1...losing hope on Hopkins

has anyone who heard interviewed at the end of october heard back yet? i knew that our day would be pushed back a little because of the thanksgiving break...but seeing how people who interviewed in later dates have already gotten replies, i was wondering if anyone has heard one way or the other.

Found the rejection letter in my mail today, interviewed 10/27. I got super sick on the last day and just could not deal with people; they probably thought I was antisocial.

alternate list :( anyone have any thoughts on this? do i have a chance?

Complete 12/20, I'm guessing this was pretty much a waste of money since Hopkins is rolling?

Complete 12/20, I'm guessing this was pretty much a waste of money since Hopkins is rolling?

It's medical school, therefore from what I can tell, a crapshoot. Granted both of us put ourselves in crummy spots. But don't lose hope, weird stuff happens sometimes.

Just got an interview invite for early February! wow, I seriously thought it was a lost cause already since I submitted my secondary 8/9 and was complete back in 10/3...I guess there's still hope! :)

Does anyone know what dates during the holidays the office of admissions will be open? And has anyone found a phone number for Beverly Kail? I cannot find it anywhere. I am trying to reschedule my interview and do not know how to go about doing that.

Any input would be so helpful!

has anyone who heard interviewed at the end of october heard back yet? i knew that our day would be pushed back a little because of the thanksgiving break...but seeing how people who interviewed in later dates have already gotten replies, i was wondering if anyone has heard one way or the other.

Accepted this past Monday! Interviewed on 11/11

All I want for Christmas is an II form Hopkins! Too much to ask? Maybe...

Interview invite 12/29, complete 11/14.

I'm interested in staying in Reed Hall for some extra days and doing stuff in Baltimore with my SO on a mini-getaway. Will it be a problem getting her in? Is there swipe security in the residence?

Getting into the front door without a card should not be a big problem (guards will let you in). If I remember correctly, the elevators require a key to operate (?).

Getting into the front door without a card should not be a big problem (guards will let you in). If I remember correctly, the elevators require a key to operate (?).
I don't remember needing a key for the elevator. You do need a card to get into the building, but there was quite a bit of traffic going in and out, so it wasn't difficult to slip in behind someone.

The bed is pretty tiny, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.