2011-2012 University of Washington Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is it that people secure spots?

Members don't see this ad.

I got some feedback for why I was rejected at UW:
1) They wouldn't believe that I want to be a primary care physician, even though in the interview they didn't express any doubt (and I didn't think that I needed to defend further beyond explaining my motivation). Apparently, primary care is for dumb people after all, and PhDs are not supposed to want to become primary care physicians.
2) My approach to patients is too scientific. Whatever that means. Sounds like this is solely based on the fact that I have a PhD.
3) And finally, they suggested that I should apply to Stanford/Harvard/Duke next year because these schools train academic doctors and I might fare better with my fancy PhD there (whereas academic medicine is precisely what I don't want to do...)

Sounds a bit ridiculous, does it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wyoming: Orientation Aug 1-2, Classes Aug. 6

Has anyone received information about getting health physicals and vaccine verification? I figure we should get started on this pretty soon.

Has anyone received information about getting health physicals and vaccine verification? I figure we should get started on this pretty soon.

Spokane students have received vaccination information. The form that was sent to us is the same for the Seattle site (and I am assuming Pullman as well). I can email it to you if you like. PM your email address... :)

Do any current med students know if UWSOM gives the option of a research elective during the clinical years?

Have Idaho WWAMI received their packets yet? Haven't received mine and hope it wasn't lost in the mix somewhere

hey guys, i know this is kind of going backwards, but how long was your 'brief autobiography' that they asked for in the secondary? also, does the secondary change here year to year?

hey guys, i know this is kind of going backwards, but how long was your 'brief autobiography' that they asked for in the secondary? also, does the secondary change here year to year?

The secondary changed only one question year over year but it was a short answer (250 words) and my brief auto was 1 page single spaced on a word doc. But there's no limit on it I don't think

My Autobiographical Statement Addendum was quite brief (only 188 words). I just added some thoughts that had not been explicitly stated elsewhere in my app:D

For that section I simply wrote "Please see AMCAS Personal Statement." After trying several times to write something novel, I realized I was beating a dead horse. I think the best option is to only write something if it really adds depth to your application and isn't included anywhere else in the AMCAS application.

I think the best option is to only write something if it really adds depth to your application and isn't included anywhere else in the AMCAS application.

This

WA/OOR waitlist moved from 37 about last week to 42 today O_O. Oh so cloooseeeee. Keep withdrawing your spots! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.