You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 West Virginia University Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Getting concerned .. Almost 2/3 through June ..
I feel ya. Looking at last years thread it doesn't look like anyone got accepted in July or later. But if I remember right I think about 4 people said they were accepted around the 24th? Hopefully another few acceptances go out within the next two weeks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recall multiple acceptances in late june as well as July .. Am I wrong about that
You're right on the multiple acceptances part... It seems like quite a few went out between june 15-24th but I didn't see any posts after that... Maybe this will be the week!
Hey guys, doesn't know if this counts as much help but, removing myself from the waitlist soon. Will be sending an email to Ms. McCormick hopefully today. Good luck to you all!
Hey guys, doesn't know if this counts as much help but, removing myself from the waitlist soon. Will be sending an email to Ms. McCormick hopefully today. Good luck to you all!
Very helpful! Your spot has to go to someone!
Best of luck in the future!Hi all--I'm looking for a roommate, and figured I might be able to find someone if I post here.
I'm a guy, and I've found a couple places, but need a roommate or two. There were two to three places specifically that I really liked because they were walking distance from the Ruby complex, but they're 2 and 3br apartments.
Hopefully, there are a couple people in the same boat as me--PM if interested!
I'm a guy, and I've found a couple places, but need a roommate or two. There were two to three places specifically that I really liked because they were walking distance from the Ruby complex, but they're 2 and 3br apartments.
Hopefully, there are a couple people in the same boat as me--PM if interested!
I'd suggest getting apps in ASAP -- especially if you had no luck in the previous cycle. The earlier, the better. You can definitely reapply if you are in the waitlist. Having to pay for apps with the chance of getting in off a WL doesn't sound fun... but I think applying EARLY is key.
Couldn't stand it anymore... I called up to Mrs. McCormick just to see if she expected anymore movement or if it was a small chance?... She said it was a small chance and that they really aren't seeing a lot of movement anymore. She also said that they plan on sending out kind of an official last update to let us know that it is a small chance either tomorrow or next week. This sounds like the letter they send out telling you to make plans for the future and move on...
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 🙁
This sucks but thought you'd all like to know as well
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 🙁
This sucks but thought you'd all like to know as well
Unfortunately, I can't be too surprised by this. It's late in the cycle and a larg(er) number of wait-listers are competing for a limited number of spots. It's just a numbers game, y'all. Still, there's an outside shot, but yes, that's probably the best idea for us, Arthritic.
To anyone still on the wait-list, like myself, remember to keep your head up and don't give up on your dream.
Thanks for the news, drapron. It's been a pleasure to chat with you guys on this forum. Thanks for sharing your knowledge of the application process this past cycle with me. Best of luck to all of you.
To anyone still on the wait-list, like myself, remember to keep your head up and don't give up on your dream.
Thanks for the news, drapron. It's been a pleasure to chat with you guys on this forum. Thanks for sharing your knowledge of the application process this past cycle with me. Best of luck to all of you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received the update that drapron spoke of, above? It's been over a week now ..
I have not.
It is so sad that this year WL is miserably dragging its feet. I am still rooting for you guys! Come on, WVU, we definitelly need more great doctors for baby boomers! These are wonderful young people knocking on your doors, willing to go through years of suffering to help others. Let them in so they can do it!
Has anyone received the update that drapron spoke of, above? It's been over a week now ..
I haven't received it yet either. Not sure if it will be coming by snail mail though.
Hey guys, I'm applying OOS for 2012 with strong state ties but was rejected pre-secondary for what I can gather is 'being OOS and not having unreal stats.' However, the rejection email basically states that I can protest the decision if I can show the committee strong state ties. Does anyone know of instances where this has occurred successfully? Or should I move on to the next one?
I don't know of such intances; however, it makes no sence why they haven't noticed/acknowledged your ties. I would call Beth McCormick and ask her what happened before start digging for legal documents in support of your ties. Sure there are lots of schools in the US, but why give up an extra chance just because someone simply over looked a piece of important information in your application? What will you lose by asking at this point?
I don't know of such intances; however, it makes no sence why they haven't noticed/acknowledged your ties. I would call Beth McCormick and ask her what happened before start digging for legal documents in support of your ties. Sure there are lots of schools in the US, but why give up an extra chance just because someone simply over looked a piece of important information in your application? What will you lose by asking at this point?
Yeah I called Beth as soon as I got the rejection email, but it seems she's taken an extended vacation until next Tuesday. Just wondering if there was any precedent that I could point to when I finally get in touch.
Last edited:
Just got an email from admissions, they considered my WV-ties letter and decided to offer me a secondary after all! Woo
Last edited:
Can anyone comment on the daily schedule for first year? Are classes all day or just in the morning?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.