You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Creighton University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Letters disappeared, patiently (or should I say impatiently) waiting. Interview 3/2.
Has anyone been able to log into their NEST account to accept the financial aid offer? The letter came with directions telling you where to go but didn't provide your user id and password, and they aren't the same as the secondary application info.
in my acceptance package that i got in the mail, there were instructions and login info for NEST.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Letters disappeared, patiently (or should I say impatiently) waiting. Interview 3/2.
If letters disappear are you able to call the admissions office and find out before email/snail mail?
If letters disappear are you able to call the admissions office and find out before email/snail mail?
Yes, you can. My letters disappeared last Thursday and I called and was told "they were prepared to offer me.... alternate status." lol kind of a poor choice of words for someone hanging on every syllable!
But my point is that I called, she was very nice in telling me the decision. If I had not called, I would still not have heard yet, a week later (as I haven't received anything over email or in the mail).
Yeah, I proceeded to call...after the office closed. Smart, I know. I plan on trying tomorrow, I have no patience left! Any other 3/2 interviewers hear of an acceptance or alternate via email today?
My letters disappeared today as well (3/2 interview). I didn't get any emails though. Makes me kinda nervous since over the past few weeks the emails for acceptances went out Thursday afternoon and the wait listed heard via making the phone call or snail mail :-/ of course I'm also wayyyy over analyzing.
Congrats! My housemate convinced me to wait on calling this morning since "no one wants to be bothered at 8:30 am" heres to hoping for some good news also!!
Alternate list... Is there a ranking system for the wait list? Any recommendations on when an appropriate time to send in a LoI/updates would be?
To add on to these questions for the wait list, (and this might be a stupid question!) but is there any time in which you know for sure that they are done taking students off the wait list? Is it just up until school actually starts, or is there generally a specific date?
Thanks!
I don't know about their ranking system but maybe send an update/LoI now and another just before May 15th when the wait list usually makes a big jump? As for when the wait list stops moving I've always heard that it can technically move all the way up to the day before classes start, but usually the majority of movement occurs at the end of may and through June with only a few spots moving in July. I don't know specifically for creighton or any numbers.
I recall Dr. Quinn saying on interview day that they won't rank but group people, think gender, age, race/ethnicity, geographic location, stats, ECs, etc. if that makes sense. There are probably groups of similar people, so if there is a need from a certain group, they would pick from that group. I think a few other schools do this and call it "rounding out the class" - gotta meet their quotas for certain categories, etc.
I remember before my interview my letters disappeared. interviewed 3/23. when i log into the application portal now, all it says is that "you have scheduled an interview. click to update/cancel." i don't see any letters on that page...does this mean they have disappeared again? should i call the office? is it too early? eeeeek!!!My letters disappeared today as well (3/2 interview). I didn't get any emails though. Makes me kinda nervous since over the past few weeks the emails for acceptances went out Thursday afternoon and the wait listed heard via making the phone call or snail mail :-/ of course I'm also wayyyy over analyzing.
sorry guys, just freaked out there. screwed my head back on and found my letters. everyone can go back to their homes, there's nothing to see here.
Last edited:
Did you guys check out Creighton's 2013 match list?
http://medschool.creighton.edu/file...nts/student_affairs/SA_docs/MatchList2013.pdf
It's consistent with the previous few years (http://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/match/) 🙂
http://medschool.creighton.edu/file...nts/student_affairs/SA_docs/MatchList2013.pdf
It's consistent with the previous few years (http://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/match/) 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone plz share which interview date is currently under consideration...and the interview dates offered in March again? Ty.
Does anyone know how you are notified about the medical dean's diversity scholarship - email or snail mail?
I was notified by email. It just said I had been awarded a scholarship and I had to open the attachment to see how much it was.
Hopefully one of you got it or had your amount increase once I withdrew. Turning down the $100,000 was tough but I am sure you will use it better than I could.
So... The last group was the 3/2 people on 4/4. So, I'm thinking they are running about 4 weeks right now. This week would be the 3/9 people, I think.Can someone plz share which interview date is currently under consideration...and the interview dates offered in March again? Ty.
Does anyone know if Creighton admits people off the alternate list prior to May15th?
Does anyone know if Creighton admits people off the alternate list prior to May15th?
I don't know, but I sure hope so! I'm guessing they would, if needed. But when I talked to Dr Quinn, he indicated that most people who turn down acceptance offers seem to wait right up until that May 15 deadline, for some reason.
I was notified by email. It just said I had been awarded a scholarship and I had to open the attachment to see how much it was.
Hopefully one of you got it or had your amount increase once I withdrew. Turning down the $100,000 was tough but I am sure you will use it better than I could.
Hey Babs,
How long after you withdrew did it take to receive your deposit back?
Thanks
Congrats! I intervierwed 3/23. How were u notified? I am very anxious. :/Just got accepted! Interviewed 3/22
Congrats! I intervierwed 3/23. How were u notified? I am very anxious. :/
Via email. Good luck!! 🙂
Withdrew from my accepted spot. I hope it goes to one of you guys!
I don't know if I will be successful yet but I just addressed it to Admissions Committee. Anyone from 3/23 date hear back yet?
No news yet for today? I think today is decision day, can anyone confirm?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Babs,
How long after you withdrew did it take to receive your deposit back?
Thanks
I never saw this, so I am sorry it had taken so long to respond. It took about two weeks for the check to arrive.
letters were gone. So, i called... Alternate list. Interviewed 3/23.
+1
I was accepted today! 🙂 🙂 Best of luck to those still awaiting an acceptance to the best school in the world. Primary 23July. Secondary 05Octo. Update #1 17Jan. II 13FEB. Interview Mar23(Last date!). Update #2/Interest Letter 22Apr. Accepted email 25APR.
STATS: Quarter Century years old. MCAT 28O. sGPA 3.55. aoGPA 3.76. cGPA 3.62. Asian. Researched. Volunteer clinical/non-clinical lots. Shadowed. Leadership. Worked lots. Prayed 24/7. Stressed 48/7.
I wish the best to all of you still waiting. PM me if I can be of help.
STATS: Quarter Century years old. MCAT 28O. sGPA 3.55. aoGPA 3.76. cGPA 3.62. Asian. Researched. Volunteer clinical/non-clinical lots. Shadowed. Leadership. Worked lots. Prayed 24/7. Stressed 48/7.
I wish the best to all of you still waiting. PM me if I can be of help.
Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to all of you.
Is this the calm before the storm?
Just withdrew my acceptance. It was difficult to do because I LOVE this school. Good luck to everyone!
anxiously waiting...
+1anxiously waiting...
Glad I'm not the only one
No one accepted off of the wait list yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just called in and the lady I spoke with told me no one has been pulled from the wait list yet and there aren't any open seats available at the moment :\
reading last years thread, it sounds like they were telling people the same thing. And yet, plenty of people got in off the waitlist. I'm not losing hope yet.
reading last years thread, it sounds like they were telling people the same thing. And yet, plenty of people got in off the waitlist. I'm not losing hope yet.
+1
reading last years thread, it sounds like they were telling people the same thing. And yet, plenty of people got in off the waitlist. I'm not losing hope yet.
When I talked to Admissions a few weeks ago they said past data predicts how many original acceptances will matriculate, how many alternates they admit, ect. I believe around 150 alternates received an acceptance offer last year. Sounds like it's just taking a bit longer than a typical year.
When I talked to Admissions a few weeks ago they said past data predicts how many original acceptances will matriculate, how many alternates they admit, ect. I believe around 150 alternates received an acceptance offer last year. Sounds like it's just taking a bit longer than a typical year.
Wow, 150 is a very large number. I hope its that high!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K