2012-2013 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIRST ACCEPTANCE TODAY!!! SOOOOOO HAPPPYYYYYY

Accepted off the top 1/3 of waiting list. I called them on Friday morning and they didn't tell me anything, just to be patient. I got a big letter in the mail today!!

Congrats! Thats awesome!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent a sort of LOI and update to Kerry Jones and she said that they'll note this in my file. Hopefully this helps. :xf:
 
Withdrawing my acceptance. Really hope this brings good news to someone today. Good luck to everyone waiting.
 
Called today and found out I'm in the middle tier. So its not looking good for me 🙁

when did you interview?

i called today too, interviewed 3/29 (last date). they didnt have any info, though she said the committee met last night...
 
when did you interview?

i called today too, interviewed 3/29 (last date). they didnt have any info, though she said the committee met last night...

I interviewed the same day as you, and when I called on Friday, she told me they met on Monday and that I should wait to call until Wednesday to hear the decision, so hopefully we can find out tomorrow (?)
 
I interviewed 3/27, called today and I'm now top 1/3 waitlist OOS, though no clues as to where within the tier. I was informed again that being top tier doesn't necessarily mean you'll get pulled before someone on the middle or lower tiers. It is apparently more dependent upon who withdraws, and filling that spot with someone comparable. so, I guess chin up to everyone.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just called admissions...ACCEPTED!!!! I'm still kind of in shock as this was my first acceptance. Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist!
 
Just called admissions...ACCEPTED!!!! I'm still kind of in shock as this was my first acceptance. Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist!

I'm officially psychic. It's good to know that if the med school thing doesn't pull through I can open my own palm- reading shop.

Congrats! Are you OOS or IS?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So you called and asked if you were accepted?

I got an e-mail today about second look weekend and posted here to ask if other waitlisters got the same e-mail. Others said they hadn't so I decided it made sense to finally call and ask about my application status. They told me I was accepted and should be getting snail mail soon.
 
I got an e-mail today about second look weekend and posted here to ask if other waitlisters got the same e-mail. Others said they hadn't so I decided it made sense to finally call and ask about my application status. They told me I was accepted and should be getting snail mail soon.

congrats
 
Any chance you could share your stats 🙂

3.8 cGPA 3.65 sGPA, 30R. I applied for the 2011 cycle with no interviews and took last cycle off to bolster my application. My EC's are fairly solid: I've worked the last year and a half as a scribe at a neurology clinic, volunteered in a local ER, shadowed an ortho surgeon in the OR pretty extensively, did some rheumatology research during college (no publications), NCAA athlete, volunteered as a coach for multiple youth hockey teams, etc.
 
Also received snail mail acceptance today! Top 1/3 IS. Was very surprised! Now onto making a decision. Does anyone know the average Step 1 scores for EVMS?
 
Also received snail mail acceptance today! Top 1/3 IS. Was very surprised! Now onto making a decision. Does anyone know the average Step 1 scores for EVMS?

Did you get a 2nd look email? I'm trying to determine whether or not I should be anxious about checking my mail when I get home.
 
Called EVMS today -- more than 500 people on the waitlist currently. Not all tiers are divided up equally.

That seems like a HUGE amount of people. 🙁 Good luck, guys! I am top 1/3 IS, but I have no clue what my chances are, since they said they can take people from the middle or bottom 1/3 first.
 
Called EVMS today -- more than 500 people on the waitlist currently. Not all tiers are divided up equally.

That seems like a HUGE amount of people. 🙁 Good luck, guys! I am top 1/3 IS, but I have no clue what my chances are, since they said they can take people from the middle or bottom 1/3 first.

lol, seems like they just waitlisted everyone. Oh well...
 
Called EVMS today -- more than 500 people on the waitlist currently. Not all tiers are divided up equally.

That seems like a HUGE amount of people. 🙁 Good luck, guys! I am top 1/3 IS, but I have no clue what my chances are, since they said they can take people from the middle or bottom 1/3 first.

That is insane...I'm feeling very lucky to have been accepted off the waitlist already.
 
Called EVMS today -- more than 500 people on the waitlist currently. Not all tiers are divided up equally.

That seems like a HUGE amount of people. 🙁 Good luck, guys! I am top 1/3 IS, but I have no clue what my chances are, since they said they can take people from the middle or bottom 1/3 first.

Dear god... 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Called EVMS today -- more than 500 people on the waitlist currently. Not all tiers are divided up equally.

That seems like a HUGE amount of people. 🙁 Good luck, guys! I am top 1/3 IS, but I have no clue what my chances are, since they said they can take people from the middle or bottom 1/3 first.

Yep. And 90 % are in the top 1/3 (disclaimer: not official). I don't think this school knows what the word 'third' means.

And apparently, they expect everyone they accepted to drop the school, then all the waitlisted people they pull after them will drop, and then all of those guys will drop, and then they will pull the last waitlisted group, who will remain, blessing the shoes of the adcom who who so graciously accepted them. It totally makes sense that they need a 500+ waitlist for a 140 person class.
 
Yep. And 90 % are in the top 1/3 (disclaimer: not official). I don't think this school knows what the word 'third' means.

And apparently, they expect everyone they accepted to drop the school, then all the waitlisted people they pull after them will drop, and then all of those guys will drop, and then they will pull the last waitlisted group, who will remain, blessing the shoes of the adcom who who so graciously accepted them. It totally makes sense that they need a 500+ waitlist for a 140 person class.

Is this what they told you?
 
Is this what they told you?

Yes, including the blessing of the shoes.










Lol, no. It's just the sarcastic musings of an embittered soul. Though, based on how many people on SDN say they're in the top 1/3, more than half of the wait list must be composed of the top third.
 
Yes, including the blessing of the shoes.










Lol, no. It's just the sarcastic musings of an embittered soul. Though, based on how many people on SDN say they're in the top 1/3, more than half of the wait list must be composed of the top third.

It wouldn't make sense to call it "thirds" if the list isnt in fact separated in thirds. Should also keep in mind that not everyone uses sdn, and even if they do, im sure some people are reluctant to post bottom third.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.