You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
My mailbox came up empty. 🙁 I wonder when the next wave will happen.
Did u call? The mail might not have gotten there.
Don't lose hope yet!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think there even are multiple waves? I called on Fri and found out that I was still on the waitlist (IS, female). I assumed that all acceptances had been sent out beginning on 5/16. Do you think there actually are multiple waves, though? Trying not to lose hope here, but I'm only on one other WL (VCU), so things are starting to not look very positive on my end. : (
Do you think there even are multiple waves? I called on Fri and found out that I was still on the waitlist (IS, female). I assumed that all acceptances had been sent out beginning on 5/16. Do you think there actually are multiple waves, though? Trying not to lose hope here, but I'm only on one other WL (VCU), so things are starting to not look very positive on my end. : (
I assume that there are multiple waves. The waitlist movement continues all throughout the summer.
I really enjoyed visiting EVMS during the interview day and was very excited to receive an acceptance package, which arrived in the mail yesterday. I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight regarding their financial aid policy? Do they generally offer any form of assistance to us medical students? I am OOS and would really like to enroll here next year, but the cost of attendance is a little intimidating. The packet was pretty bare and didnt offer much explanation on the topic. Since they are asking for a deposit within 10 days, I am trying to find out as much as possible in order to help me make the decision. I apologies if this information is readily available elsewhere, I tried poking around but came up empty handed. Any help would be appreciated
Feel free to message me!
I really enjoyed visiting EVMS during the interview day and was very excited to receive an acceptance package, which arrived in the mail yesterday. I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight regarding their financial aid policy? Do they generally offer any form of assistance to us medical students? I am OOS and would really like to enroll here next year, but the cost of attendance is a little intimidating. The packet was pretty bare and didnt offer much explanation on the topic. Since they are asking for a deposit within 10 days, I am trying to find out as much as possible in order to help me make the decision. I apologies if this information is readily available elsewhere, I tried poking around but came up empty handed. Any help would be appreciated Feel free to message me!
Congratulations on the acceptance. For many of us still hopeful, do you mind sharing some details...M/F? Tier before acceptance? Interview date? Stats? etc. Trying to be positive.
As far as I remember reading on this blog, EVMS will not allow for in-state tuition to OOS students during the entire duration and being a semi-state school, majority of aid goes to in-state applicants. However given the large number of OOS, I would tend to believe that they must be giving out some aid to OOS students.
just got the acceptance letter in the mail. OMG.
Since I've been basically stalking this page ill fill in all the info that I had always looked for:
Letter dated may 16th
interview 3/29, top tier wait list. 33, OOS, F
'non-traditional' engineering (applied maths) major worked as er tech for 2 years, took classes this year to improve gpa, retook mcats in march for a 37
sent in letter of intent and new scores in April.
re-applicant, applied last year and was depressed not getting off 4waitlists, decided to apply to a few schools this year in like novmeber (thus last interview date)
Since I've been basically stalking this page ill fill in all the info that I had always looked for:
Letter dated may 16th
interview 3/29, top tier wait list. 33, OOS, F
'non-traditional' engineering (applied maths) major worked as er tech for 2 years, took classes this year to improve gpa, retook mcats in march for a 37
sent in letter of intent and new scores in April.
re-applicant, applied last year and was depressed not getting off 4waitlists, decided to apply to a few schools this year in like novmeber (thus last interview date)
just got the acceptance letter in the mail. OMG.
Since I've been basically stalking this page ill fill in all the info that I had always looked for:
Letter dated may 16th
interview 3/29, top tier wait list. 33, OOS, F
'non-traditional' engineering (applied maths) major worked as er tech for 2 years, took classes this year to improve gpa, retook mcats in march for a 37
sent in letter of intent and new scores in April.
re-applicant, applied last year and was depressed not getting off 4waitlists, decided to apply to a few schools this year in like novmeber (thus last interview date)
Congrats! Are you from the West Coast by any chance? Maybe the mail just takes longer to get here.

Congrats! Are you from the West Coast by any chance? Maybe the mail just takes longer to get here.![]()
actually from Connecticut, but I agree the mail is extra slow. Do you live farther out? don't give up hope!
actually from Connecticut, but I agree the mail is extra slow. Do you live farther out? don't give up hope!
I'm from CA so I'm a good distance away. 😀 I'll cross my fingers when I check my mail today. 🙂
Accepted 3/19 Interviewed 2/22
3.88cGPA 3.98sGPA 36Q IS male
Happy to finally be accepted. After being on 1 waitlist last year and 6 this year ** this is battle-tested experience, everybody ** If this is what you want to do you just have to be patient and make it happen.
Good luck to everyone, happy to take part in this painful solidarity with all you future doctors!
3.88cGPA 3.98sGPA 36Q IS male
Happy to finally be accepted. After being on 1 waitlist last year and 6 this year ** this is battle-tested experience, everybody ** If this is what you want to do you just have to be patient and make it happen.
Good luck to everyone, happy to take part in this painful solidarity with all you future doctors!
Accepted 3/19 Interviewed 2/22
3.88cGPA 3.98sGPA 36Q IS male
Happy to finally be accepted. After being on 1 waitlist last year and 6 this year ** this is battle-tested experience, everybody ** If this is what you want to do you just have to be patient and make it happen.
Good luck to everyone, happy to take part in this painful solidarity with all you future doctors!
How could you be on 6 wait lists with those stats?! This process seems more ridiculous the more I learn about it.
Anyway, congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GAH! I hope they aren't just going through the waitlist highest MCAT to lowest.
GAH! I hope they aren't just going through the waitlist highest MCAT to lowest.
The waitlisted people around here have surprisingly high MCAT scores...
Any CA fellow waitlisters received the acceptance package??
Any CA fellow waitlisters received the acceptance package??
Nope

Nope![]()
Ahh.... Not even confirming acceptance by calling?
This wait is killing me lol
is anyone else a naturalized citizen/permanent resident? the form we had to sign isn't clear as to when we need to send in a copy of our passport, naturalization certificate, etc.
Ahh.... Not even confirming acceptance by calling?
This wait is killing me lol
If I were to get an acceptance then I'd prefer to find out about it by mail, it makes it feel more special than hearing it over the phone. 🙂 That's pretty much the only reason why I haven't been bothering the admissions office lately.
does anyone know when the next movement is going to be?... or is there going to be one at all...
does anyone know when the next movement is going to be?... or is there going to be one at all...
Looking back at last year's thread, there seemed to be another batch of acceptances sent out between the first and second week of June.
Looking back at last year's thread, there seemed to be another batch of acceptances sent out between the first and second week of June.
Are they sending out acceptance in large batches? Or do they meet every week to decide?
is anyone else a naturalized citizen/permanent resident? the form we had to sign isn't clear as to when we need to send in a copy of our passport, naturalization certificate, etc.
Office of Admissions will send you an e-mail to request a copy of your document.
Waitlist is slow this year!
It looks like it is slow...sigh
Called admissions and they said there is no much movement. Time for reapply?
Called admissions and they said there is no much movement. Time for reapply?
:cry:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not yet, waitlist movement barely started! It will move eventually!
How sure are you garrbear? This will be the greatest encouragement for me today... 🙂
Wouldn't it be totally crazy if they just, like, gave out acceptances??
U mean they gave out all acceptance already?
Wonder if any waitlisters were invited to the preview weekend similar to what happened in the past few years.
Anyone?🙂
Anyone?🙂
Wonder if any waitlisters were invited to the preview weekend similar to what happened in the past few years.
Anyone?🙂
Didn't that past a while ago? Did you get invited??
Yea it was a while ago. But I forgot if anyone waitlisted was invited. I was not..🙁
I don't believe so. When I called, I was told that they were only sending out invites to those that were accepted.
I see. They might have changed the policy lol
So I guess almost no movement since May 15th, 16th, etc.? Hopefully it means they are going to send another batch later... ahhh Why can't they just exhaust the list by the order of tiers..., Or why do they even have tiers if they are not following (according to previous posts)...
So I guess almost no movement since May 15th, 16th, etc.? Hopefully it means they are going to send another batch later... ahhh Why can't they just exhaust the list by the order of tiers..., Or why do they even have tiers if they are not following (according to previous posts)...
Yes movement is extremely slow since mid may.
Just called. A lady with a hispanic accent said there's been no movement. And that's all she said.
Well...****. 🙁
that sucks. looks like I will be a reapplicant for sure. does anyone know if being WL at EVMS this cycle will have any impact on how they review my application for next cycle?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sigh... Did anyone ask if they anticipate more movement?
I'll be withdrawing my acceptance tomorrow! Hopefully it goes to one of you guys! Good luck
Thank you Ryan thank you!!
Thanks for telling us! Can you tell give us some detail so we might get an idea of who might get pulled from the waitlist?
Like IS/OOS, MCAT range, GPA range, male/female, etc (only if you wanna tell us that is!)
Like IS/OOS, MCAT range, GPA range, male/female, etc (only if you wanna tell us that is!)
I'll be withdrawing my acceptance tomorrow! Hopefully it goes to one of you guys! Good luck
Thanks for telling us! Can you tell give us some detail so we might get an idea of who might get pulled from the waitlist?
Like IS/OOS, MCAT range, GPA range, male/female, etc (only if you wanna tell us that is!)
OOS ca resident male 3.5 gpa 31 mcat
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K