2012-2013 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify:

EVMS does not send out acceptances before Oct. 15.

BUT- if YOU call THEM before Oct. 15, they will let you know what your status is. If you interviewed early, and they've made a decision, they'll tell you. But they dont start contacting people themselves before 10/15.

at least thats my understanding.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To clarify:

EVMS does not send out acceptances before Oct. 15.

BUT- if YOU call THEM before Oct. 15, they will let you know what your status is. If you interviewed early, and they've made a decision, they'll tell you. But they dont start contacting people themselves before 10/15.

at least thats my understanding.

this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any last minute tips from those who have interviewed? really like the school and am interviewing next week.. congrats to everyone who has already been accepted!!
 
any last minute tips from those who have interviewed? really like the school and am interviewing next week.. congrats to everyone who has already been accepted!!

Seriously, be yourself and have an opinion on healthcare (fixes, directions, problems, etc). Everything else will take care of itself (assuming you are a confident, assertive individual).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we have to call to find out, or will they send something via email or snail mail?

Rejection via email, and acceptance and waitlist vial snail mail. That is what they told us during interview day. Regardless...you can call and if they have a decision they will tell you
 
I called today and they said they didn't have a decision for me yet and that I should call back in a week. I alrdy got one rejection today so I'm already mentally fragile rite now
 
I was put on the top 1/3 of the wait list. What are my chances to get pulled off? I know I have a long wait.
 
How soon after an II do we need to schedule the interview? On the email they said the spots fill up quickly but I need to wait on this for a few days before scheduling a date,
 
How soon after an II do we need to schedule the interview? On the email they said the spots fill up quickly but I need to wait on this for a few days before scheduling a date,

I received the email saying I was invited for interview this morning and called 2 hours later to schedule it (didn't see it until then). People had already filled the October 24th day so you definitely want to call and set up your interview date as soon as possible!
 
I received the email saying I was invited for interview this morning and called 2 hours later to schedule it (didn't see it until then). People had already filled the October 24th day so you definitely want to call and set up your interview date as soon as possible!

Oh wow. Filled up already? Okay, thanks!
 
I called today and they said they didn't have a decision for me yet and that I should call back in a week. I alrdy got one rejection today so I'm already mentally fragile rite now

Considering you even got an II, congratulations for you.

I'm on the "silent" phase.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got a rejection via email. I felt really uncomfortable in my interview so I'm not that surprised. Good luck to those of you still in the running!
 
lol got an II a week ago after being complete since the end of july. I literally called to ask about the status of my app and was put on hold for like 15 min; was told that the committee was still reviewing my app, and then as soon as I hung up. II popped up in my inbox. haha, coincidence much
 
Status
Not open for further replies.