-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
where are you coming from? start driving now and you might make it...?
edit: this is in response to rowjimmy
I'd be coming from shoreline Connecticut. My street just received a mandatory evacuation notice. If I drove, I'd be driving through the eye of the storm (New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland) during the heart of the storm. I think I'm going to tell them my situation and if they can't accommodate an extraordinary situation that is completely out of my hands, then maybe that's an unfavorable aspect of the school I should deeply consider.
Did you mean after?
I submitted my secondary 10/10, just got a completion email today.
sorry, yes. Yeah, I was wondering if they read my letters prior to completion.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats that's awesomeInterviewed first week of October, called Friday morning 10/28 and found out I was accepted!!!
Just withdrew my acceptance here. Best of luck to everyone!
This is good to hear!
For those waiting on an interview invitation, they are still forthcoming. I received one last Tuesday after having been complete for almost 8 weeks (IS). The e-mail indicated that they were currently scheduling interviews for 11/7 and 11/14, I think.
Congrats! When were you complete?Interview invite this morning ! OOS 3.4/31 scheduled for December 7th! So excited, starting to build my east coast trip!
Just called to get my status and I have been waitlisted in the upper 1/3rd and I interviewed October 12th. Is that good? Any idea what kind of chance that gives me?
Just called to get my status and I have been waitlisted in the upper 1/3rd and I interviewed October 12th. Is that good? Any idea what kind of chance that gives me?
what the heck. I have called twice, and both times they told me my application hasn't been looked at. I interviewed on the 10th...
do you guys think they would let you know if you got rejected over the phone, or this is their way of holding you off until they send the email?
Hmmm did you call today? I believe they met last night because I called yesterday and they told me to call back today.
I interviewed on the 12th and called today. I was told that no decision had been made and to call back early next week.what the heck. I have called twice, and both times they told me my application hasn't been looked at. I interviewed on the 10th...
do you guys think they would let you know if you got rejected over the phone, or this is their way of holding you off until they send the email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today, cannot do any of the dates in November.
Definitely call them! They have later dates, they only gave me 3 options in the email but I called and picked up dec 7th!
For those who interview before, what's the structure of the panel interview? Like who is in it?
For those who interview before, what's the structure of the panel interview? Like who is in it?
It's not really a "panel" that you face. More of a round conference table that you sit at the head of and they sit around. There are 3 of them. Sometimes one will be a student, or all three will be faculty/physicians.
It's not really a "panel" that you face. More of a round conference table that you sit at the head of and they sit around. There are 3 of them. Sometimes one will be a student, or all three will be faculty/physicians.
Thanks! That's kinda scary haha
Thanks! That's kinda scary haha
Actually I thought that was the best/most relaxed set up for this type of interview. A true panel interview would have you in a chair (no table) facing them all in a line behind a table. I've had one of those for a job and trust me, this set up is more relaxed 🙂
Rejection email today. Stats in MDapps, but for those who are lazy:
cGPA 3.67, sGPA 3.52, 32S, OOS
Best of luck to those still in contention
cGPA 3.67, sGPA 3.52, 32S, OOS
Best of luck to those still in contention
Rejection email today. Stats in MDapps, but for those who are lazy:
cGPA 3.67, sGPA 3.52, 32S, OOS
Best of luck to those still in contention
could I ask when you interviewed? Thank you very much, and good luck with your other apps.
edit: oooh it seems you didn't interview there. Please ignore. I'm dumb -_-.
Has anyone who's interviewed gotten a snail mail decision yet? Wondering how long they take to be sent out.
I'm wondering this too. Don't wanna call.
anyone interview around the 15th of October and heard back? Do you get rejected by snail mail too?
II today. Declined to interview.
Two DO acceptances, and waiting to hear back from my state MD school (feeling good about my chances).
I ran out of money to go on interviews, so I am calling this interview season over.
Oregon Resident, very non-traditional applicant. 3.6 GPA, 31 MCAT. I have been a high school teacher for many years.
I am sorry that I don't get to come visit this school, and the area. At the start of the interview season I was looking forward to visiting Hampton Roads and seeing some of the historical sites. 🙁
Good luck to you all. I hope that you get into your dream school.
dsoz
Two DO acceptances, and waiting to hear back from my state MD school (feeling good about my chances).
I ran out of money to go on interviews, so I am calling this interview season over.
Oregon Resident, very non-traditional applicant. 3.6 GPA, 31 MCAT. I have been a high school teacher for many years.
I am sorry that I don't get to come visit this school, and the area. At the start of the interview season I was looking forward to visiting Hampton Roads and seeing some of the historical sites. 🙁
Good luck to you all. I hope that you get into your dream school.
dsoz
just called the admissions office. I interviewed on 10/10, and I got accepted!!!!!!!! No matter what happens now, I know I'm going to be a doctor (or at least a med student).😀
My stats are: 3.56/3.57/39R/IS
My stats are: 3.56/3.57/39R/IS
just called the admissions office. I interviewed on 10/10, and I got accepted!!!!!!!! No matter what happens now, I know I'm going to be a doctor (or at least a med student).😀
My stats are: 3.56/3.57/39R/IS
😱
Congrats on the acceptance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just called the admissions office. I interviewed on 10/10, and I got accepted!!!!!!!! No matter what happens now, I know I'm going to be a doctor (or at least a med student).😀
My stats are: 3.56/3.57/39R/IS
Congratulations!!
I have an upcoming interview at EVMS: I understand that the interview is panel style, but is it open-file or closed-file? Does the panel have your application in front of them during the interview?
Only one member of the panel had my file (the clinician) - he used it to start conversations about volunteer work. But he also stated my various GPAs throughout undergrad to tell the rest of the panel about my upward swing...so those members without my file ended up not being totally blind, haha.
In general, I do think only one person out of the three has your file in front of him/her.
Only one member of the panel had my file (the clinician) - he used it to start conversations about volunteer work. But he also stated my various GPAs throughout undergrad to tell the rest of the panel about my upward swing...so those members without my file ended up not being totally blind, haha.
In general, I do think only one person out of the three has your file in front of him/her.
At least two of my interviewers seemed to know at least some things about me. One interviewer has a HUGE file folder in front of her or him, and the other two don't. But the person with my file seemed to have read it but not carefully--he'd made some assumptions that were false and would not have been made had he read my file with a little more care. The other interviewer knew a few key things about my background. Not sure if they all talked about me before I got in there or if they had access to my file at another time.
I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but I've received absolutely ZERO correspondence from this school... 9/15 was when my AMCAS was verified and so when my primary was sent to them.
I would definitely call the admissions office and describe your situation (zero correspondence, wondering about what the status is on your app). After 3 weeks I called and they told me they had gotten it and just hadn't reviewed it. That afternoon I received a secondary.
..
Last edited:
I just called them. They said I was complete on 9/5 and that I was still under review and that was all she can tell me. So I've been complete for over 2 months now 🙁 They interview through march. I also asked about how many students have been accepted and she said a little under half of the class.
Withdrew from my interview spot on 11/14.
Good luck everyone
Good luck everyone
Has anyone who interviewed the second half of October called and gotten a decision?
Has anyone who interviewed the second half of October called and gotten a decision?
Interviewed October 19th, first acceptance today!😀
Interviewed October 19th, first acceptance today!😀
Congrats - that's so exciting! I interviewed the week after you, so maybe I'll try calling early next week.
after you guys sent in the acceptance package/deposit, how long did it take to get acknowledgement of it?
According to UPS, my package was delivered Monday, but the check hasn't been deposited yet.
According to UPS, my package was delivered Monday, but the check hasn't been deposited yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine only took a couple weeks. But have since been in post secondary limbo.Hey everyone, I was verified with AMCAS very beginning of August and JUST got the secondary... Have people been getting super long wait times between amcas submission and secondary?
I called and ask for an update since my primary was verified and done on Sept 15. I got a rejection immediately afterwards. They said, "Oh, yes, sorry, you're not rejected, we must have considered you but never got back to you. We appreciate it when students show interest." (paraphrased)
Now I'm thinking she meant, "Oh, yeah, totally forgot to reject you. We'll get on that right away."
Now I'm thinking she meant, "Oh, yeah, totally forgot to reject you. We'll get on that right away."

Well remind me not to callI called and ask for an update since my primary was verified and done on Sept 15. I got a rejection immediately afterwards. They said, "Oh, yes, sorry, you're not rejected, we must have considered you but never got back to you. We appreciate it when students show interest." (paraphrased)
Now I'm thinking she meant, "Oh, yeah, totally forgot to reject you. We'll get on that right away."![]()
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K