-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 New York Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Congrats! I was complete 8/28 with similar stats so I'm going to check my email like crazy today haha. Did you get an email or did you see a change on the status page?
I got an e-mail at like 7 30 amish...also the schedule interview link popped up on the status page
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II! This is my top choice as far as location, and one of my top choices school wise. I love the great university hospital on site, everyone who had a serious problem when I was growing up went to Westchester Medical Center. The only major drawback with NYMC, is crazy high tuition.
Interviewing Nov 2.
Stats 32, 4.0ish sGPA , 3.8ish cGPA, average ECs, above average work experience/clinical exposure. Minimal to no research (1 case study, 1 current project-although I am interested in getting involved w/research in med school.). Excellent LORs. In state (irrelevant to NYMC)
Edit: complete 3rd week of September for those interested.
Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile
Interviewing Nov 2.
Stats 32, 4.0ish sGPA , 3.8ish cGPA, average ECs, above average work experience/clinical exposure. Minimal to no research (1 case study, 1 current project-although I am interested in getting involved w/research in med school.). Excellent LORs. In state (irrelevant to NYMC)
Edit: complete 3rd week of September for those interested.
Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile
Last edited:
II! This is my top choice as far as location, and one of my top choices school wise. I love the great university hospital on site, everyone who had a serious problem when I was growing up went to Westchester Medical Center. The only major drawback with NYMC, is crazy high tuition.
Interviewing Nov 2.
Stats 32, 4.0ish sGPA , 3.8ish cGPA, average ECs, above average work experience/clinical exposure. Minimal to no research (1 case study, 1 current project-although I am interested in getting involved w/research in med school.). Excellent LORs. In state (irrelevant to NYMC)
Sent from my ADR6400L using SDN Mobile
Congrats bud!
Congrats to those who received II's! Complete 8/22 and still waiting to hear back
Wow congrats! My stats are similar to yours so I know how it feels waiting for an invite. Did you show any interest, calls or letters?Received II early in the morning yesterday. OOS 26/3.6sGPA/3.65cGPA so there is hope for those who score low on the MCAT. I do, however, have really good EC (over 2000 hours of clinical experience). Good luck everyone!
Wow congrats! My stats are similar to yours so I know how it feels waiting for an invite. Did you show any interest, calls or letters?
Thanx! Yeah it feels good to finally hear back from them. I submitted early August, but was not complete until mid-September. I did not show any interest, I simply submitted the primary/secondary application. I, however, am a minority and claimed disadvantage, which might be helping me out. Several people were accepted there from my school with similar stats (even lower MCAT). Good Luck!
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone with any local knowledge or experience interviewing at NYMC can help me out....
The confirmation email says that the interview day is supposed to wrap up by 4:35. I am trying to figure out a flight that will give me enough time where I won't be in jeopardy of missing it if the day really does go that long... Looks like the latest flight I can get out of HPN is about 5:55pm. Is this completely unrealistic to try to make from the school after interviewing? How big is HPN? I read that a cab there should take <20mins...
Otherwise, I'll have to go out of LGA or JFK, where my latest flight options are somewhere around 8pm (I'm flying back to CA afterward). I assume this is do-able, but it also means that I'll be figuring out public transportation at rush hour....
Any suggestions? Any help appreciated! Thanks!
I'm wondering if anyone with any local knowledge or experience interviewing at NYMC can help me out....
The confirmation email says that the interview day is supposed to wrap up by 4:35. I am trying to figure out a flight that will give me enough time where I won't be in jeopardy of missing it if the day really does go that long... Looks like the latest flight I can get out of HPN is about 5:55pm. Is this completely unrealistic to try to make from the school after interviewing? How big is HPN? I read that a cab there should take <20mins...
Otherwise, I'll have to go out of LGA or JFK, where my latest flight options are somewhere around 8pm (I'm flying back to CA afterward). I assume this is do-able, but it also means that I'll be figuring out public transportation at rush hour....
Any suggestions? Any help appreciated! Thanks!
I think you should be fine. HPN takes roughly 0.5seconds to get through, seriously the smallest airport ever (only one terminal)Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone with any local knowledge or experience interviewing at NYMC can help me out....
The confirmation email says that the interview day is supposed to wrap up by 4:35. I am trying to figure out a flight that will give me enough time where I won't be in jeopardy of missing it if the day really does go that long... Looks like the latest flight I can get out of HPN is about 5:55pm. Is this completely unrealistic to try to make from the school after interviewing? How big is HPN? I read that a cab there should take <20mins...
Otherwise, I'll have to go out of LGA or JFK, where my latest flight options are somewhere around 8pm (I'm flying back to CA afterward). I assume this is do-able, but it also means that I'll be figuring out public transportation at rush hour....
Any suggestions? Any help appreciated! Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone with a recent interview invite tell me what dates they have available? Is it really far ahead?
I was offered an interview on 9/28 and I could sign up for as early as the first week of November. Not too bad
I was offered an interview on 9/28 and I could sign up for as early as the first week of November. Not too bad
Thanks! That's not bad at all considering some schools are scheduling for January.
Complete 8/30. No II yet. I guess I've been passed up. Good luck to everyone else.
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone with any local knowledge or experience interviewing at NYMC can help me out....
The confirmation email says that the interview day is supposed to wrap up by 4:35. I am trying to figure out a flight that will give me enough time where I won't be in jeopardy of missing it if the day really does go that long... Looks like the latest flight I can get out of HPN is about 5:55pm. Is this completely unrealistic to try to make from the school after interviewing? How big is HPN? I read that a cab there should take <20mins...
Otherwise, I'll have to go out of LGA or JFK, where my latest flight options are somewhere around 8pm (I'm flying back to CA afterward). I assume this is do-able, but it also means that I'll be figuring out public transportation at rush hour....
Any suggestions? Any help appreciated! Thanks!
It literally takes no time to get there and I've never spent more than 15 minutes in security. The only negative is transportation over there, make sure you have a cab waiting because they aren't always easily available in Valhalla.
So my student host is unresponsive, should I ask for another one? My interview is this Thursday. :/
So my student host is unresponsive, should I ask for another one? My interview is this Thursday. :/
same..except mine is on next Monday
I submitted my secondary, had all letters and scores in also, mid-august (12-16ish) but I'm still not complete. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Same boat. Getting reeeeally antsy
Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile
I submitted my secondary, had all letters and scores in also, mid-august (12-16ish) but I'm still not complete. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Yuppp same thing 🙁
Complete 8/30. No II yet. I guess I've been passed up. Good luck to everyone else.
I hope you haven't been passed up...that would mean I've been passed up too (complete 8/14). Does anyone know if there's an "on hold" status at NYMC or does it always just say "Your Secondary Application was completed on _____ and is currently under review" up until one gets an interview invite or rejection? 😕
I hope you haven't been passed up...that would mean I've been passed up too (complete 8/14). Does anyone know if there's an "on hold" status at NYMC or does it always just say "Your Secondary Application was completed on _____ and is currently under review" up until one gets an interview invite or rejection? 😕
not to scare or worry you, but i was complete on 8/16, and i got invited like 7 days later; i interviewed here last week...loved the place. too bad it was raining all day, so i got a bit wet during the tour
Contact the coordinators of the overnight host program. They should have send you an email.So my student host is unresponsive, should I ask for another one? My interview is this Thursday. :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a transportation question. Assuming the interview lasts all the way to 4:35pm, will I have enough time to reach JFK for a 6:00pm flight? My gut feeling is no but hopefully there is some hope.
That depends if you have to be at JFK by 6 or if the plane departs at 6. If it's the latter I'm gonna have to say no way.
That depends if you have to be at JFK by 6 or if the plane departs at 6. If it's the latter I'm gonna have to say no way.
Yeah thought so, thanks anyways!
any rejections from this school yet? haven't heard back since "complete" status, wondering if this school does silent rejections
does this school actually send out a "your application is complete" email?
Adrian
nah. I think you have to check your status online
meI still havent heard back, complete on 8/28. Anyone else in the same shoes?
I still havent heard back, complete on 8/28. Anyone else in the same shoes?
Complete on 8/28 as well...nothing yet...but similar stats/profile to people who have received IIs. So I'm hoping we're next in line! Gotta stay positive 🙂
Yeah I was complete 8/14 and still haven't heard anything. Oh well
Don't lose hope. I just got an interview invite and I was complete 8/15Yeah I was complete 8/14 and still haven't heard anything. Oh well
Interview invite! 😀
Complete 8/14, 3.65, 32
Complete 8/14, 3.65, 32
Interview invite! 😀
Complete 8/14, 3.65, 32
Interview Invite!!! 😀 complete 8/15 average gpa, low mcat
Congrats guys, I was complete 8/15 so hopefully my II will come soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long should I expect before I am complete? I believe I submitted like 9/15
I was complete 8/13. Hopefully I didn't get passed over!
Don't apply to New York Medical College.
Looking at your previous posts, I smell a troll
Don't apply to New York Medical College.
Care to explain why?
Bc his/her avatar picture is of a DPM. (probably a troll)
Bc his/her avatar picture is of a DPM. (probably a troll)
Yeah I just figured that out haha
- Status
- Not open for further replies.