2012-2013 New York Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish this would come in. I finished all of the secondaries I received, and all of my work at work, so I'm literally sitting around, waiting for more to come in. I'm almost tempted to apply to more schools just to get some more paper work. :laugh:

I know how you feel...

Members don't see this ad.

I know how you feel...

I feel a little better today since I have the day off and I'm not sitting at work with nothing to do. Time to watch the Olympics alllll day and then go to the gym and train like an Olympian. :D

Still wish this secondary would roll in though.

Dang people are complete already and I still don't have the secondary after submitting my primary the first day... Oh well. Guess I'll go back to work on my other secondaries that have essays...

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang people are complete already and I still don't have the secondary after submitting my primary the first day... Oh well. Guess I'll go back to work on my other secondaries that have essays...

Yup, me too. I wonder why NYMC waits so long to send all the secondaries...I feel like if they've been sending them out in sizable batches, we'd have several more people saying they've received it.
But, then again, SDN isn't a representative sample.

"Your Secondary Application was completed on 08/02/2012 and is currently under review."

:D

Where are you seeing this? Did you get an email? I turned mine 2 days ago and I don't see anything. In fact I can still submit my secondary over and over.

Edit: Nevemind, found it. jeez their website, secondary, and instructions are horribly designed. The give you instructions to check the status, but they leave out a few steps and you still have to search around to find the correct links. Also the fields in the secondary are weird and you have to click around to find them because they aren't outlined.

Seems like they should send secondaries to everyone before they start completing people :(

/biased opinion

Still waiting on these guys. Drexel sent me one yesterday. Pointlessly re enter activities that are on my primary.... Haha then gave then a Benjamin.

Still waiting on these guys. Drexel sent me one yesterday. Pointlessly re enter activities that are on my primary.... Haha then gave then a Benjamin.

Well I'm still waiting on Drexel if it's any consolation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted, wow that was easy! Why can't more schools have secondaries this simple?

Well, I guess this school is saving the best for last. ;)

still haven't received mine either but to be fair I did add NYMC mid-july

Received and submitted....but errrr I don't have a non-science faculty letter and I wrongfully designated a letter packet as a committee letter, so I think I'm screwed. Well have fun folks! I'm just going to assume an auto-rejection from this school.

how strict is the non-science faculty letter requirement? does it matter that I'm non-trad and don't really have an effective/meaningful non-science faculty letter?

Looks like I'm out of the running. No non-science faculty letter here :(

I sent them an email asking if there was anything I could do w/o the non-science faculty letter. I'll keep you all updated.

I just got mine!

For those of you who are non-trad or don't have that non-science letter...how are you filling out the LOR section with the names of your recommenders?

EDIT: I just noticed this in the instructions!

NOTE: If you graduated prior to 2010 (this does not include 2010) and are unable to obtain Letters of Evaluation from your undergraduate or graduate school, we will accept other academically oriented letters. However, keep in mind that providing us with the requested letters will strengthen your application.

I graduated in 2009! haha woohoo! Although I still don't know how to fill it out on the app haha. any thoughts?

Last edited:
I got some questions guys on the secondary...

1) I check the fee waiver stub and I pressed the "complete" button at the end of secondary...It redirected me to their website (http://www.nymc.edu/Academics/SchoolOfMedicine/Admissions/index.html). I did not get any confirmation of any sort via email...did you guys get any confirmation message after clicking complete? It feels as though it isn't getting submitted...

2) Do I just send in the printed page to the address noted below to get the fee waiver processed? Is the fee reduced or removed completely?

When was everyone's AMCAS verified and sent out? Still waiting for his secondary and I could really use an easy one to send out. Bogged down with essays right now!

If you have a non-academic LOR, can you submit those under "Optional?" There is a place for course#, hours, etc etc but I just put n/a in those slots. Is that okay, do you think?

I got some questions guys on the secondary...

1) I check the fee waiver stub and I pressed the "complete" button at the end of secondary...It redirected me to their website (http://www.nymc.edu/Academics/SchoolOfMedicine/Admissions/index.html). I did not get any confirmation of any sort via email...did you guys get any confirmation message after clicking complete? It feels as though it isn't getting submitted...

2) Do I just send in the printed page to the address noted below to get the fee waiver processed? Is the fee reduced or removed completely?

It is submitted. As for the fee waiver, you can actually just print the page as a PDF and email it to them. Just make sure to check the little fee waiver box. It's a total feel waiver.

Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile

It is submitted. As for the fee waiver, you can actually just print the page as a PDF and email it to them. Just make sure to check the little fee waiver box. It's a total feel waiver.

Really? Emailing the pdf is accepted also? Where does it say this?? I completely missed it.

I was verified 07/02 and still no secondary. There has to be a better way for them to do this. What's the advantage of being verified early then ?

I was verified 07/02 and still no secondary. There has to be a better way for them to do this. What's the advantage of being verified early then ?

I was verified 6/7 and I still don't have a secondary. :mad:

Got the answer about non-trad LOR's (although they were super curt with me...boo)

basically as long as you have academically oriented letters put them in the UG science/UG non-science boxes...and then put NA in the boxes that don't apply and 0 for credit hours. I put my current employer letter in the UG non-science section

finally submitted! woohoo only a few more secondaries left to do!

It doesn't say it anywhere. In fact, I sent mine in the mail. It's just that some people on here sent the PDF and they said it was okay.

Hey sorry for the fee waiver stub, is it referring to the summary of my fap application? or the email saying I'm approved. thanks!

Hey sorry for the fee waiver stub, is it referring to the summary of my fap application? or the email saying I'm approved. thanks!

No, it's referring to the actual payment page. I believe the instructions on that page were to check the fee waiver stub box and then print the page and mail it to the school. Instead, you can just save the page as a PDF and send it to the admissions e-mail.

No, it's referring to the actual payment page. I believe the instructions on that page were to check the fee waiver stub box and then print the page and mail it to the school. Instead, you can just save the page as a PDF and send it to the admissions e-mail.
oooh im dumb. hah thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.