You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 New York Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
MMI interview invite!
What's "MMI?"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Multiple Mini Interviews
Forgive me, but what is that exactly?
Forgive me, but what is that exactly?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_mini_interview
A lot of US medical schools seem to have started adopting this interview format in the past few years. Basically, there's a number of stations (8-10 generally) where you're supposed to complete certain tasks outlined on an instruction/scenario sheet. It's actually really, really fun.
MMI interview invite!
Congrats! I'm hoping for an MMI... NYMC is an OOS school that I really like.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_mini_interview
A lot of US medical schools seem to have started adopting this interview format in the past few years. Basically, there's a number of stations (8-10 generally) where you're supposed to complete certain tasks outlined on an instruction/scenario sheet. It's actually really, really fun.
Thanks, this is actually very interesting. I look forward to hopefully getting my MMI invite soon!
Congrats! I'm hoping for an MMI... NYMC is an OOS school that I really like.
What do you like about it?
And thanks! Kind of nervous for the MMI
Submitted my secondary 8/3, still not marked as complete. This school knows how to make me nervous. 😳
Same here! Makes me think I didn't even submit the secondary or something. Maybe there was a mistake on the server at the time I submitted...I'm going to go crazy by the time this cycle is complete.
What do you like about it?
And thanks! Kind of nervous for the MMI
Well, for one, the location.
So they're still working on people who submitted 8/3...
I submitted 8/7 so gotta wait a little!
How do I tell if they received my secondary? I submitted it 8/7 and it says:
Secondary Application Information
This section is to confirm receipt of your (Requested Secondary, Payment Received & Verified Amcas Application)
Your verified AMCAS application was received.
A unique Login ID and Password to complete your secondary application were sent to you via e-mail on 08/02/2012.
Your application fee, or fee waiver request, was received on 08/07/2012.
But under letters received it says:
In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office.
Does that mean it hasn't been received? Thanks
I had put the letters they wanted when I submitted my AMCAS initially..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It means you submitted but you're not complete yet.
It means you submitted but you're not complete yet.
Oh how long does it typically take to get complete? Most other med schools are like within 1 or 2 days..
Oh how long does it typically take to get complete? Most other med schools are like within 1 or 2 days..
i submitted mine on 8/3 and was marked complete on 8/14
Oh how long does it typically take to get complete? Most other med schools are like within 1 or 2 days..
You must be applying to some amazing medical schools 😛 Most take weeks in my experience. It took NYMC a week for me (Submitted 8/3, Complete 8/10)
Submitted 8/3 and complete and under review on 8/20. One of my top schools!
submitted 8/3 and complete and under review on 8/20. One of my top schools!
+1
For all the 8/3 submitters (or before) with no complete status/letters received status, I spoke to a very nice lady in the admissions office this morning. She was very reassuring and said it takes 4 weeks and it is completely normal that the status says the fee was received on the day you submitted but does not say your secondary was received, yet.
For all the 8/3 submitters (or before) with no complete status/letters received status, I spoke to a very nice lady in the admissions office this morning. She was very reassuring and said it takes 4 weeks and it is completely normal that the status says the fee was received on the day you submitted but does not say your secondary was received, yet.
Thanks for passing this information along. Just gotta be patient, I guess. 🙂
Invited to interview yesterday, submitted 7/31! Can't wait to see NYC 🙂
You kno the campus isn't in NYC right?
You kno the campus isn't in NYC right?
Think he means its close by so he will visit NYC as well
Think he means its close by so he will visit NYC as well
It's a good hour+ by train to grand central, but at least you can get used to the commute and it feels pretty touristy pulling up to grand central for the first time. Congratulations! I'm hoping my lack of a non-science letter doesn't make my application so weak it becomes undesirable :-(
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for passing this information along. Just gotta be patient, I guess. 🙂
+1 I hope they get it sorted out soon! I'm in NY for another interview and sent them an in-ther-area..hoping not to have to fly out there multiple times..
Interview invite email this morning!
Secondary submitted Aug 3
Secondary complete Aug 6
II Aug 22
Also, I did not have the cookie cutter letters they requested, mostly because I'm in a masters program.
+1
Are you having trouble scheduling? The link doesn't have anything for picking dates.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite today!!
Would you mind posting your stats? Has anyone gotten an II so far with a <30 MCAT? They probably are offering II's to all the people with higher stats first....
Would you mind posting your stats? Has anyone gotten an II so far with a <30 MCAT? They probably are offering II's to all the people with higher stats first....
I've noticed that many schools don't make decisions on apps in order of completion. Often, but not always, I see schools give out II's to higher stats people with a quick turnaround, but peruse us normal folk for a greater length of time. But maybe its just coincidence and that doesn't happen. Just speculation!
I received an interview invite today as well.
3.9+ s/cGPA, 32 (unbalanced) MCAT, OOS
3.9+ s/cGPA, 32 (unbalanced) MCAT, OOS
I've noticed that many schools don't make decisions on apps in order of completion. Often, but not always, I see schools give out II's to higher stats people with a quick turnaround, but peruse us normal folk for a greater length of time. But maybe its just coincidence and that doesn't happen. Just speculation!
Yeah I will continue to try and be a patient average applicant. Let's hope it eventually pays off for us normies!
received MMI invite this morning. completed 08/10/12.
OOS; 3.75/3.67, 36S URM; completely love this school, can't wait!!!
OOS; 3.75/3.67, 36S URM; completely love this school, can't wait!!!
I've noticed that many schools don't make decisions on apps in order of completion. Often, but not always, I see schools give out II's to higher stats people with a quick turnaround, but peruse us normal folk for a greater length of time. But maybe its just coincidence and that doesn't happen. Just speculation!
I've been wondering that too...
+1
Are you having trouble scheduling? The link doesn't have anything for picking dates.
I didn't have any issues. I scheduled for Sept. 10
when did you submit?Finally complete this morning. Ilu NYMC. Hope the feeling's mutual. 😍
when did you submit?
8/3.
8/3.
bah. still waiting to be complete. i also submitted 8/3. I'm non-trad so my letters weren't the standardized faculty letters...I wonder if that's causing problems
bah. still waiting to be complete. i also submitted 8/3. I'm non-trad so my letters weren't the standardized faculty letters...I wonder if that's causing problems
did you check your status page?! I also submitted on 8/3 and have not gotten any "complete" email, but on the status page it says "** Your Secondary Application was completed on 08/14/2012 and is currently under review. **"
EDIT: nvmind thought you guys got an email saying your complete!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did you check your status page?! I also submitted on 8/3 and have not gotten any "complete" email, but on the status page it says "** Your Secondary Application was completed on 08/14/2012 and is currently under review. **"
yup. just checked. all I have is:
Your verified AMCAS application was received.
A unique Login ID and Password to complete your secondary application were sent to you via e-mail on 08/02/2012.
Your application fee, or fee waiver request, was received on 08/03/2012.
none of my letters show up either
Submitted 8/7, still waiting on completion. For those of you nervous about MMI- I was at an MMI interview this cycle (different school obviously) and had a great time. I think most of the other interviewees felt the same way.
Interview Invite this morning! Scheduled for Monday Sept 10. Can't wait!
Interview Invite this morning! Scheduled for Monday Sept 10. Can't wait!
Congrats Bart Scott!
(I see you're a hockey fan so I hope it's not a leap to assume you get the football reference. 😛)
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
