You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
You can see the whole secondary at
https://www.rushsupp.com/html/SampleApp2013.asp?201264952.8
good luck
https://www.rushsupp.com/html/SampleApp2013.asp?201264952.8
good luck
Hey! Would you mind telling me what the secondary questions are? I haven't yet received the secondary email 🙂
You don't get an invite, you just log in. https://www.rushsupp.com/IndexPage1.asp?201266087.39
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You don't get an invite, you just log in. https://www.rushsupp.com/IndexPage1.asp?201266087.39
Rush does send invites.
Rush does send invites.
Whoops. You still do not need one though. Just an AMCAS id.
"Once you have an AMCAS ID, you are welcome to complete the Rush Supplemental Application; you do not need an individual invitation to begin."
Last edited:
Stupid question of the day here--do we click submit after they receive our signature+stuff? Or can I do it now while it's in the mail?
nu alum here and applying to rush. i am curious where you would place rush with the other chicago schools and why.
you can do it beforeStupid question of the day here--do we click submit after they receive our signature+stuff? Or can I do it now while it's in the mail?
nu alum here and applying to rush. i am curious where you would place rush with the other chicago schools and why.
Depends on what you want honestly.
If you want to be IN Chicago that gives you Rush, Pritzker and Feinberg.
Most people agree that North Chicago and Maywood are not truly the city.
If you are focused on numbers and research, then Rush is not right for you.
Rush certainly has research but it is less of a focus I feel personally. It cares more about clinical physicianship.
So really it depends on what you feel is important.
My classmate went Northwestern and was accepted to FSM and hated the feeling there but I know people who love it. Same for all schools! It legitimately is how you feel at that school.
I forgot about UIC 'nuff said.
Also you posted this way too many times... Stick to once in the future. (post view is useful)....
Last edited:
Depends on what you want honestly.
If you want to be IN Chicago that gives you Rush, Pritzker and Feinberg.
Most people agree that North Chicago and Maywood are not truly the city.
If you are focused on numbers and research, then Rush is not right for you.
Rush certainly has research but it is less of a focus I feel personally. It cares more about clinical physicianship.
So really it depends on what you feel is important.
My classmate went Northwestern and was accepted to FSM and hated the feeling there but I know people who love it. Same for all schools! It legitimately is how you feel at that school.
you didn't mention loyola or uic so i assume you would place rush with the big two. i am only looking at illinois schools due to some restrictions, but really like what rush has to offer.
i heard from multiple physicians that rush is clinically as good or better than the other two and that research wise they are moving up. research is not the biggest deal in the world as opposed to great environment, classmates, close-knit.
sounds like rush has this, but in the end i don't know if i could pick them over nu or univ chicago
I think "maywood" is loyola.... right..you didn't mention loyola or uic so i assume you would place rush with the big two. i am only looking at illinois schools due to some restrictions, but really like what rush has to offer.
i heard from multiple physicians that rush is clinically as good or better than the other two and that research wise they are moving up. research is not the biggest deal in the world as opposed to great environment, classmates, close-knit.
sounds like rush has this, but in the end i don't know if i could pick them over nu or univ chicago
I think "maywood" is loyola.... right..
Yup.
And for the record, I think it is a great school and have many friends attending there.
I legit forgot UIC...
Loyola- as I said its not in Chicago if you want to stay in the city.
You have to be accepted first, just sayin'.
Also I would not waste time or money on a school you would not be happy attending. Just my opinion.
thats why i am trying to get more input, especially since many applicants to these schools are applying to all of them.
definitely have the numbers/extracurriculars to get into all of the chicago schools, but since there are many applicants i have to be mindful of all of them. thanks for reminding me though.
I just got the following email, I'm not sure what it means. I already submitted my secondary about a week ago.
Anybody else get this?
"Thank you for adding Rush Medical College to the list of schools you are interested in pursuing for your medical education. Our students train in urban and suburban areas serving patients from a variety of socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds. Through an academic and healthcare network of more than a dozen affiliated hospitals and a neighborhood health center, Rush University Medical Center serves 1.5 to 2 million patients annually.
The mission of Rush University Medical Center is to provide the very best care for its patients. Our education and research endeavors, community service programs, and relationships with other hospitals are dedicated to enhancing excellence in patient care for the diverse communities of the Chicago area, now and in the future.
Recently, U.S. News & World Report ranked Rush University Medical Center as one of the top hospitals in the country in its "America's Best Hospitals" issue (available now at www.usnews.com/best-hospitals and on newsstands in mid-August). In addition, Rush ranks among the top 50 programs in the country in 11 of 16 categories:
• Orthopedics, No. 11
• Geriatrics, No. 12
• Neurology and Neurosurgery, No. 17
• Nephrology, No. 18
• Heart and Heart Surgery, No. 21
• Urology, No. 22
• Gastroenterology, No. 44
• Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), No. 46
• Gynecology, No. 46
• Pulmonology, No. 47
• Diabetes and Endocrinology, No. 49
This accomplishment is particularly noteworthy since fewer than 148 of 5,000 hospitals in the United States — approximately three percent — scored high enough this year to rank in even a single specialty category.
Additionally, the rankings in U.S .News & World Report's 2012-13 "Best Children's Hospitals" included Rush Children's Hospital in two of 10 categories.
We look forward to sharing further information with you about Rush Medical College as well as learning more about you and how Rush might be the best fit for your medical education. For more detailed information about our application process, please visit our online Supplemental Application website at www.rushsupp.com. Should you have questions that the website does not answer, feel free to email us at [email protected].
Sincerely,
Jill M. Volk, M.S. Ed.,
Director of Recruitment and Special Programs,
Rush Medical College
Anybody else get this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i just got the following email, i'm not sure what it means.
+1
yeah, they're just trying to sell us on the school.
I'm sold! Give me an interview!!!
on the sig form do we need to put a 2x2 pic?
Well it says required, so yes 🙂
on the sig form do we need to put a 2x2 pic?
everyone just going to kinkos?
printed off a picture and taped it on..everyone just going to kinkos?
I bought some photo paper for like $9 (it's a good thing to have around the house), and printed it out.
printed off a picture and taped it on..
That's what I'm going to do. It's not like they're not going to make copies...
printed off a picture and taped it on..
+1
btw, still listed as "unpaid and no documents received," after over a week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
btw, still listed as "unpaid and no documents received," after over a week.
Same.
+1
btw, still listed as "unpaid and no documents received," after over a week.
Same.
Same. They are probably totally swamped with mail.
Glad I'm not the only one. Has anyone had the money taken out of your bank yet?
Just submitted the supplemental, would love to go to Rush, right across the street from my grandparents house!
Last edited:
Just submitted the supplemental, would love to go to Rush, right across the street from my grandparents house!
That's awesome, sounds like a great way to save rent. 😎
Also submitted. Need to print out a pic and mail that silly form though.
That's awesome, sounds like a great way to save rent. 😎
Also submitted. Need to print out a pic and mail that silly form though.
Free living is the only way to go 😀
I also need to get the picture and a copy of my passport which is being held hostage by my parents.
+1
btw, still listed as "unpaid and no documents received," after over a week.
For those who mailed their forms the first day or so, how long should we wait before calling or emailing them? I'm just getting paranoid thinking my letter was lost in the mail.
For those who mailed their forms the first day or so, how long should we wait before calling or emailing them? I'm just getting paranoid thinking my letter was lost in the mail.
If only society could develop a way to make payments and other sensitive information through some sort of magic box... now that would be something amazing! Curse our technological barriers!
I would give them three weeks personally.
They are also getting a bunch of stuff from the incoming M1s since we have orientation next week so that might be a part of the delay.
Okay I guess I'll wait another week and a half.
Okay I guess I'll wait another week and a half.
Haha theyre super nice so Im sure if you called sooner it would be fine.
I'm also at the waiting stage. Printed off a photo and made a copy of my birth certificate. I wish they let you fax the information, or email scanned copies! Snail mail is killing me haha. Mailed it a week ago.
Anyone else not have a passport or copy of a birth certificate? I wish I had known this was a requirement before filling out the supplemental. Oh well.
If only society could develop a way to make payments and other sensitive information through some sort of magic box... now that would be something amazing! Curse our technological barriers!
Keep your demon ways to yourself, there is no place in medicine for that sort of talk
Hi! Couple of questions about the secondary -
1. Just to clarify, when it says not to describe anything that's been discussed in "Experiences," it's referring to the entire Works/Activities section and not just "Meaningful Experiences," right?
2. It says we can include things from the last five years, which would include my HS senior year - would it be better to leave some activities slots blank, or include something from HS?
1. Just to clarify, when it says not to describe anything that's been discussed in "Experiences," it's referring to the entire Works/Activities section and not just "Meaningful Experiences," right?
2. It says we can include things from the last five years, which would include my HS senior year - would it be better to leave some activities slots blank, or include something from HS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just checked my status and my forms are marked received and fee paid! They still haven't downloaded my letter yet though, but hopefully that should be soon!
I just checked my status and my forms are marked received and fee paid! They still haven't downloaded my letter yet though, but hopefully that should be soon!
woo hoo! haha 🙂
Mine finally says paid, too! No letters either. Woohoo!!! Too bad they don't typically start giving out II's until September 🙁
Yeah, all my stuff is complete, but they also haven't downloaded my pre-med committee packet of letters, for some reason.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K