-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Saint Louis University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I just called the Admissions Office and got a recorded message that said that in order to obtain information regarding my application status, go to the Admissions website and use the "Request Information" tool. So I just did... Has anyone else gotten a reply to one of these messages? How long did it take?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just made the alternate list. Not surprised, I completely blew the interview here. Anyone know how many are put on the list?
Many - the alternate list does move quite a bit after the acceptance deadline passes.
Just made the alternate list. Not surprised, I completely blew the interview here. Anyone know how many are put on the list?
Got the alternate/waitlist email this morning too. Honestly, I was expecting this because the interview did not go well. At least at my two interviews since then, I've been able to prove I can interview well and hoping maybe SLU will give me the benefit of "first interview anxiety."
Just made the alternate list. Not surprised, I completely blew the interview here. Anyone know how many are put on the list?
Same here. I guess they sent the waitlists first?
Got the alternate/waitlist email this morning too. Honestly, I was expecting this because the interview did not go well. At least at my two interviews since then, I've been able to prove I can interview well and hoping maybe SLU will give me the benefit of "first interview anxiety."
Sorry to hear that you guys. Hopefully there's lots of movement this year! When did you all interview?
Accepted! I'm super pumped!
Sorry to hear that you guys. Hopefully there's lots of movement this year! When did you all interview?
9/11.
Accepted! I'm super pumped!
Congrats!
Sorry to hear that you guys. Hopefully there's lots of movement this year! When did you all interview?
9/10
And congrats on the acceptance!
Acceptedddddd!!! Just got the email a few minutes ago, I interviewed on the 9/25. I can't put into words how grateful I am. Ahhhhh
Accepted!!! I have the cheesiest grin right now!!! 😀 I interviewed 9/10.
Congrats!! I interviewed 9/24, really hoping I'll hear something soon.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted454156
Accepted. Absolutely surreal. First acceptance....
Accepted. Absolutely surreal. First acceptance....
Congrats! When did you interview?
*goes to check email*
Congrats to all, i wish i would get in
Last edited:
D
deleted454156
Congrats! When did you interview?
*goes to check email*
Interviewed early September.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using SDN Mobile
Does slu call or email?
They sent me an e-mail
Ok so my friend called admission b/c she was tired of me getting so neurotic about this. she said that a yes/no/maybe email should be sent out, and that if you haven't heard anything yet, it's most likely because your interviewer is slower to turn his/her stuff in. so I guess the better question for those who've already received their decision is not when did you interview, but who interviewed you.
Ok so my friend called admission b/c she was tired of me getting so neurotic about this. she said that a yes/no/maybe email should be sent out, and that if you haven't heard anything yet, it's most likely because your interviewer is slower to turn his/her stuff in. so I guess the better question for those who've already received their decision is not when did you interview, but who interviewed you.
So.....anyone interview with Dr. Kelly Everard?
Ok so my friend called admission b/c she was tired of me getting so neurotic about this. she said that a yes/no/maybe email should be sent out, and that if you haven't heard anything yet, it's most likely because your interviewer is slower to turn his/her stuff in. so I guess the better question for those who've already received their decision is not when did you interview, but who interviewed you.
Thanks for the info! ... anyone know if they send out acceptances multiple times a week?

Ok so my friend called admission b/c she was tired of me getting so neurotic about this. she said that a yes/no/maybe email should be sent out, and that if you haven't heard anything yet, it's most likely because your interviewer is slower to turn his/her stuff in. so I guess the better question for those who've already received their decision is not when did you interview, but who interviewed you.
+1. I called earlier and they said the same thing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All these acceptances are awesome! Giving me some hope 😀
Also accepted yesterday, got the email around 7:30am (9:30 St Louis time). Interviewed 9/11 with Dr. Everard. So stoked!!
Interview invite! Complete 9/13. 🙂
Does st Louis send a complete email? I sent in my secondary at the end of August and haven't heard back yet.
Does st Louis send a complete email? I sent in my secondary at the end of August and haven't heard back yet.
No...the only thing I received after submitting was a "payment received" email. You can check the website under the "Status" section and make sure all the components are there, though.
Does st Louis send a complete email? I sent in my secondary at the end of August and haven't heard back yet.
There should be a green "complete" sign near the top of the page. It was a bit hard to notice for me, too.
D
deleted454156
for those with acceptances, does anyone know if the form attached to the acceptance email is a binding agreement? if for some reason i decide to withdraw at a later date can i still do so, even if I send in that signed form along with my deposit?
Yeah it doesn't say anywhere that you are going to attend Saint Louis University. This is just so you can hold on to an acceptance.
Edit: Actually this line is kind of making me overthink it now. "indicating my intention to register as a first-year student in the Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 2013."
Edit 2: Called admissions. We're fine, it's all refundable until May 15.
Anyone know anything about interviewing w/ Dr. Craig Lawson? Thanks in advance!
Yeah it doesn't say anywhere that you are going to attend Saint Louis University. This is just so you can hold on to an acceptance.
Edit: Actually this line is kind of making me overthink it now. "indicating my intention to register as a first-year student in the Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 2013."
Edit 2: Called admissions. We're fine, it's all refundable until May 15.
Great! Thanks so much 🙂
Anyone know anything about interviewing w/ Dr. Craig Lawson? Thanks in advance!
He teaches anatomy. Great with students and a friendly guy overall.
For everyone else: congratulations on your acceptances! To those on the waitlist, keep your chin up, keep the admissions committee informed of any progress you make and stay positive, our waitlist does move.
If any of you have specific questions about what its like to be at SLU or any questions about the area please PM me or, if possible, post in this thread so I can answer for everyone to see. My qualifications: I'm a life-long saint-louiser (more or less), went to college and grad school here and am a 4th year student at SLUSOM at the moment. Please ask anything you'd like to know.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed mid-September and haven't heard anything yet.
Anyone interview with Dr. Perman and hear anything?
Anyone interview with Dr. Perman and hear anything?
I interviewed mid-September and haven't heard anything yet.
Anyone interview with Dr. Perman and hear anything?
I interviewed with him as well, guess he's taking his time.
I interviewed mid-September and haven't heard anything yet
Same here...
I interviewed with him as well, guess he's taking his time.
Which is weird since he took a lot of notes during the interview. 🙁
I interviewed with him as well, guess he's taking his time.
I did as well. He said 4-6 weeks, so if you interviewed in mid september, it hasn't been "4-6 weeks" yet for you, so I wouldn't worry about it 🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
