2012-2013 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just withdrew my application and cancelled my interview at SLU...hopefully that spot opens up for someone here🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, how long did it take for you to be assigned to an interviewer? Not too anxious, I'd just like to know if I'm in the morning or afternoon interview so that I can plan my flight.
 
Hey guys, how long did it take for you to be assigned to an interviewer? Not too anxious, I'd just like to know if I'm in the morning or afternoon interview so that I can plan my flight.

It only took a few hours from when I picked an interview day. So you should hear soonish!
 
😱 I scheduled it last week! It's supposed to show up on your itinerary right?

Mine took a few days, if I remember correctly. Don't panic yet!! Also, I think they send you an email letting you know an interviewer has been assigned to you.
 
If it hasn't been 4-6 weeks since your interview, you'll need to keep waiting. With that said, it's going to be a long 3-5 weeks for me.

I don't think that's necessarily the case...I noticed someone who was accepted last week that interviewed on 9/25. Check the thread. That would def not be 4 weeks. 4-6 is prob the norm though, I agree there.
 
Heads up. If anyone is trying to book a hotel, try Priceline.com's Name Your Own Price.
Just booked the Hyatt Regency at the Arch for $55 for one weeknight (~$70 with tax). Amazing deal for a four-star hotel downtown. And no, I don't work for Priceline.com...

Also, the Giants embarrassed the Cards last night. The whole team except for Yadi looked beat from the start and had no energy at all. Sad.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heads up. If anyone is trying to book a hotel, try Priceline.com's Name Your Own Price.
Just booked the Hyatt Regency at the Arch for $55 for one weeknight (~$70 with tax). Amazing deal for a four-star hotel downtown. And no, I don't work for Priceline.com...

Also, the Giants embarrassed the Cards last night. The whole team except for Yadi looked beat from the start and had no energy at all. Sad.

I've stayed in St.Louis before, and had good luck with Hotels.com, too.
 
Ah, alright. I'll wait patiently. 🙂

I waited a while for mine and it never showed up. I e-mailed the admissions office and they sent me back an e-mail saying I'd been matched with an interviewer and the details came in a second e-mail like an hour or two after. I'd perhaps e-mail just to ask whether it should be there? You can at least start making plans.
 
To those who said that their interviews didn't go well, can you please share what happened? Why do you think that your interview didn't go well? Did they ask questions that you couldn't answer? Did you seem too nervous? What?

Thanks!

Congrats to those accepted.
 
I didn't really have the greatest interview experience, but I got accepted, so I guess that shows you how much my impressions are worth. My interviewer asked me two specific questions that I had no idea how to answer (and, I probably only spoke for 1/3 of the interview, so that was odd). One was "what is something physicians are able to do that no one else is", and for some reason I'm drawing a blank on the other.
 
I didn't really have the greatest interview experience, but I got accepted, so I guess that shows you how much my impressions are worth. My interviewer asked me two specific questions that I had no idea how to answer (and, I probably only spoke for 1/3 of the interview, so that was odd). One was "what is something physicians are able to do that no one else is", and for some reason I'm drawing a blank on the other.

Out of curiosity, who interviewed you?
 
Out of curiosity, who interviewed you?

Dr. Westerman. He was a really nice guy, but my mind went completely blank during those questions so that may have contributed to what I would consider was a negative experience (negative in the sense that I felt I didn't answer a few questions adequately). I actually think he wanted to see what I thought then voice his opinion about it. Nice guy, odd interview
 
Accepted today. I actually thought I did badly during the interview too - St Louis interview was the least conversational out of the three that I've had so far, and everyone else who interviewed on the same day seemed to take up the whole 45 minutes while my interview was half that time. I had this really horrible feeling coming out of my interviewer's office, and had really been preparing myself mentally for a rejection letter ever since. So I just wanna say that if you're still waiting to hear back and you think your interview was horrible and you're getting all neurotic over it (like me, just hours before), keep in mind that every interviewer is different and seriously, those more quiet ones who don't seem to like you probably get the job done just as well as those super nice ones.

With that said, good luck every body! 🙂
 
Congrats on the acceptance. It is killing me that it all depends on when your interviewer turns in their paperwork!! I interviewed on 9/24 and still nothing!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr. Westerman. He was a really nice guy, but my mind went completely blank during those questions so that may have contributed to what I would consider was a negative experience (negative in the sense that I felt I didn't answer a few questions adequately). I actually think he wanted to see what I thought then voice his opinion about it. Nice guy, odd interview

He asked me the same question four years ago, thought it sounded familiar
 
Accepted!!!

Interviewed 9/18 with Dr. Everard. Congrats to everyone else with acceptances here!
 
I got the acceptance email yesterday! Spent the day rejoicing!! :soexcited: I interviewed 10/2 with Dr. Lind for all those who want to know!
 
Congrats to everyone accepted!! Keeping my fingers cross for good news as well 🙂 I interviewed 10/1... Hopefully it's coming soon!
 
Yeah it doesn't say anywhere that you are going to attend Saint Louis University. This is just so you can hold on to an acceptance.

Edit: Actually this line is kind of making me overthink it now. "indicating my intention to register as a first-year student in the Saint Louis University School of Medicine in 2013."

Edit 2: Called admissions. We're fine, it's all refundable until May 15.

who do we make the deposit check out to?
 
I got the acceptance email yesterday! Spent the day rejoicing!! :soexcited: I interviewed 10/2 with Dr. Lind for all those who want to know!

I interviewed 10/9... Hopefully mine comes soon too!


This may have been answered already, but how does the committee decide acceptances, and how often do they meet? It seems like a lot of people were saying it depends on how soon the interviewers get their stuff turned in. Is the decision mainly up to the interviewer then?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone interviewed with Dr. Bradley Davitt and heard back on a decision??

I haven't interviewed with him yet (sorry), but have one coming up. I am just wondering how the interview was with him? Any intel would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
 
I've read a few things about Dr. Perman on this thread but does anyone else who interviewed with him care to comment?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.