2012-2013 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed with Dr. Perry Cox, an attending who recently had a baby and oversees the residency program. I also interviewed with Dr. John Dorian, a quirky young medical resident who insisted I call him "JD". My last interview, strangely enough, was a man who simply went by the name "Janitor". He was pretty chill.

Hope that helps!!! 👍

This is lame.
 
This is lame.

grumpy-cat-entertained.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my interview in early January, I think we were told our apps would be discussed at the January 30 meeting, so there should be one Wednesday.

Has anyone been admitted before the meeting date mentioned on interview day? I was told I would be reviewed 2/13, but I was wondering if I might get lucky and hear something this week.
 
Does anyone know when the White Coat Ceremony is? (Is it at the beginning or end of orientation)? I want my family to be there, but it doesn't make sense for them to travel all the way to NC to help me move in and then have to stick around for a whole week with nothing to do while they wait for the ceremony, if it's at the end of orientation. We're starting to make travel/flight arrangements, so it'd be nice to know! Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when the White Coat Ceremony is? (Is it at the beginning or end of orientation)? I want my family to be there, but it doesn't make sense for them to travel all the way to NC to help me move in and then have to stick around for a whole week with nothing to do while they wait for the ceremony, if it's at the end of orientation. We're starting to make travel/flight arrangements, so it'd be nice to know! Thanks.

My notes from the interview day say 7/15 is the beginning of orientation, 7/20 is the White Coat Ceremony, and classes start on 7/22. Hope this helps.
 
Does anyone know when the White Coat Ceremony is? (Is it at the beginning or end of orientation)? I want my family to be there, but it doesn't make sense for them to travel all the way to NC to help me move in and then have to stick around for a whole week with nothing to do while they wait for the ceremony, if it's at the end of orientation. We're starting to make travel/flight arrangements, so it'd be nice to know! Thanks.
Glad to know the dates--I was wondering the same thing.
Does anyone know if there is a class of 2017 FB page? I couldn't find one...
Really excited about WFSOM--interviewed Dec accepted Jan.
 
Glad to know the dates--I was wondering the same thing.
Does anyone know if there is a class of 2017 FB page? I couldn't find one...
Really excited about WFSOM--interviewed Dec accepted Jan.

Posted a few pages back-

Hey everyone!

I'm a current M1 at Wake and I'd like to say congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Here's a link to the Class of 2017 Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/137778493038114/

The group is managed by current M1s who are willing to answer any questions you may have. It's also a great way to get in touch with your classmates to figure out housing for next year, etc...

To all those awaiting interviews, GOOD LUCK!
 
Received an email about financial aid deadline and requirements today. Deadline is March 15th for the incoming class!
 
Can any current students talk about what drew them to Wake forest over other medical schools. I am currently debating whether or not to withdraw to attend my state school where tuition for 4 years is equal to one at Wake Forest. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the admissions offer! I was on the waitlist starting on 11/29, and just got in about 10 minutes ago.

My stats are: 3.56/3.57/39R/OOS.

For everyone who has been admitted, did you just email the admissions committee saying you were accepting the offer, or did you mail a letter to them with the check as well?

edit: I did send an update letter/letter of interest to them about 1 month ago too.
 
+1

Same GPA stats, 32R MCAT, OOS

WL 11/29
LOI Sent early December

Also, does anyone know more information about where WF med student get matched?
 
Just got the admissions offer! I was on the waitlist starting on 11/29, and just got in about 10 minutes ago.

My stats are: 3.56/3.57/39R/OOS.

For everyone who has been admitted, did you just email the admissions committee saying you were accepting the offer, or did you mail a letter to them with the check as well?

edit: I did send an update letter/letter of interest to them about 1 month ago too.

Congrats! I sent a letter initially with my deposit. The words please respond "in writing" made me think I had to write a hand-written letter so that's what I did but then I realized that an email could have been just as well so I sent an email too (just in case something went wrong with my letter and didn't get delivered on time).
 
Just got the admissions offer! I was on the waitlist starting on 11/29, and just got in about 10 minutes ago.

My stats are: 3.56/3.57/39R/OOS.

For everyone who has been admitted, did you just email the admissions committee saying you were accepting the offer, or did you mail a letter to them with the check as well?

edit: I did send an update letter/letter of interest to them about 1 month ago too.

I sent an email accepting my offer, and it worked out fine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Think II's are done?
I called yesterday and they said that all of their interview slots were full. They said they would send out final rejection letters a couple weeks after their final interview date of 03/22. Sorry. I was in the same boat.
 
After you get the acceptance letter, is the letter you have to send back simply to acknowledge, or is it to accept and enroll? In other words, the letter they want back whether you accept or not, is that binding or just a placeholder? Thanks!
 
After you get the acceptance letter, is the letter you have to send back simply to acknowledge, or is it to accept and enroll? In other words, the letter they want back whether you accept or not, is that binding or just a placeholder? Thanks!

Not binding. Just holding your place
 
Status
Not open for further replies.