2012-2013 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed with Dr. Perry Cox, an attending who recently had a baby and oversees the residency program. I also interviewed with Dr. John Dorian, a quirky young medical resident who insisted I call him "JD". My last interview, strangely enough, was a man who simply went by the name "Janitor". He was pretty chill.

Hope that helps!!! :thumbup:

This is lame.

Members don't see this ad.

This is lame.

grumpy-cat-entertained.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview in early January, I think we were told our apps would be discussed at the January 30 meeting, so there should be one Wednesday.

Has anyone been admitted before the meeting date mentioned on interview day? I was told I would be reviewed 2/13, but I was wondering if I might get lucky and hear something this week.

Yes, Are people rejected post-interview or automatically placed on the alternate list?

Yes, Are people rejected post-interview or automatically placed on the alternate list?

I'm curious as to this too? I got alt listed today. Was actually pretty excited about it! This is my number 1!

I don't believe they reject post-interview. All those not accepted go on the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the White Coat Ceremony is? (Is it at the beginning or end of orientation)? I want my family to be there, but it doesn't make sense for them to travel all the way to NC to help me move in and then have to stick around for a whole week with nothing to do while they wait for the ceremony, if it's at the end of orientation. We're starting to make travel/flight arrangements, so it'd be nice to know! Thanks.

Does anyone know when the White Coat Ceremony is? (Is it at the beginning or end of orientation)? I want my family to be there, but it doesn't make sense for them to travel all the way to NC to help me move in and then have to stick around for a whole week with nothing to do while they wait for the ceremony, if it's at the end of orientation. We're starting to make travel/flight arrangements, so it'd be nice to know! Thanks.

My notes from the interview day say 7/15 is the beginning of orientation, 7/20 is the White Coat Ceremony, and classes start on 7/22. Hope this helps.

My notes from the interview day say 7/15 is the beginning of orientation, 7/20 is the White Coat Ceremony, and classes start on 7/22. Hope this helps.

Ah, thanks. Guess I'll be alone at the ceremony then :(

Does anyone know when the next committee meeting is?:luck:

Glad to know the dates--I was wondering the same thing.
Does anyone know if there is a class of 2017 FB page? I couldn't find one...
Really excited about WFSOM--interviewed Dec accepted Jan.

Glad to know the dates--I was wondering the same thing.
Does anyone know if there is a class of 2017 FB page? I couldn't find one...
Really excited about WFSOM--interviewed Dec accepted Jan.

Posted a few pages back-

Hey everyone!

I'm a current M1 at Wake and I'd like to say congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Here's a link to the Class of 2017 Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/137778493038114/

The group is managed by current M1s who are willing to answer any questions you may have. It's also a great way to get in touch with your classmates to figure out housing for next year, etc...

To all those awaiting interviews, GOOD LUCK!

Withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist!!

Received an email about financial aid deadline and requirements today. Deadline is March 15th for the incoming class!

Can any current students talk about what drew them to Wake forest over other medical schools. I am currently debating whether or not to withdraw to attend my state school where tuition for 4 years is equal to one at Wake Forest. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Did they have a meeting recently?

On my interview day, they said applications would be reviewed 2/13. If I recall correctly, they meet every other Wednesday, and the last meeting was 1/30.

On my interview day, they said applications would be reviewed 2/13. If I recall correctly, they meet every other Wednesday, and the last meeting was 1/30.

Good luck then! I imagine I'm going to ride the waitlist for the rest of this cycle :(

Just got the admissions offer! I was on the waitlist starting on 11/29, and just got in about 10 minutes ago.

My stats are: 3.56/3.57/39R/OOS.

For everyone who has been admitted, did you just email the admissions committee saying you were accepting the offer, or did you mail a letter to them with the check as well?

edit: I did send an update letter/letter of interest to them about 1 month ago too.

+1

Same GPA stats, 32R MCAT, OOS

WL 11/29
LOI Sent early December

Also, does anyone know more information about where WF med student get matched?

Just got the admissions offer! I was on the waitlist starting on 11/29, and just got in about 10 minutes ago.

For everyone who has been admitted, did you just email the admissions committee saying you were accepting the offer, or did you mail a letter to them with the check as well?

edit: I did send an update letter/letter of interest to them about 1 month ago too.

Congrats! I sent a letter initially with my deposit. The words please respond "in writing" made me think I had to write a hand-written letter so that's what I did but then I realized that an email could have been just as well so I sent an email too (just in case something went wrong with my letter and didn't get delivered on time).

I interviewed in early September and was placed on it in October when they started giving out decisions.

I sent an email accepting my offer, and it worked out fine.

Think II's are done?
I called yesterday and they said that all of their interview slots were full. They said they would send out final rejection letters a couple weeks after their final interview date of 03/22. Sorry. I was in the same boat.

After you get the acceptance letter, is the letter you have to send back simply to acknowledge, or is it to accept and enroll? In other words, the letter they want back whether you accept or not, is that binding or just a placeholder? Thanks!

After you get the acceptance letter, is the letter you have to send back simply to acknowledge, or is it to accept and enroll? In other words, the letter they want back whether you accept or not, is that binding or just a placeholder? Thanks!

Not binding. Just holding your place

Hi, does anyone have Wake Forest's match list? Their website only shows numbers by specialty...

Withdrew enrollment, which will hopefully mean some waitlist movement/more spots for some of y'all. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.