2013-2014 Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you don't mind my asking, what were your stats like/ when were you complete last year? Thanks![/QUOTE]

31Q, 3.65c/3.5s OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Come on Drexel secondary. Anybody else NOT receive one yet!?

Members don't see this ad :)
+1

verified same day, maybe they missed our day

I haven't seen any posts about secondary receipt from people in late July/early August, so maybe they didn't even get to us!

I was verified 7/22 and I got the secondary about a week ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody NOT receive a secondary yet?

why would you post at 10:50 this same question, get multiple answers from people who said that they havent received it (myself included) and then ask again an hour later?

why would you post at 10:50 this same question, get multiple answers from people who said that they havent received it (myself included) and then ask again an hour later?

Yikes. Someone's a little crabby. I actually posted last night if you check the time stamp again. And I forgot that I posted and overlooked my own post, which is why I posted again. Not sure why you're so up in arms about it. I get that this is all very stressful, but relax. Honest mistake.

Yikes. Someone's a little crabby. I actually posted last night if you check the time stamp again. And I forgot that I posted and overlooked my own post, which is why I posted again. Not sure why you're so up in arms about it. I get that this is all very stressful, but relax. Honest mistake.

No such thing as an honest mistake when it comes to being a Doctor of Medicine :D

I've sent an email to Drexel 2 days ago to ask some questions but I've still not heard back.

Has anyone received an email response back from Drexel?

ah youre right my bad, didnt see that, makes more sense

Hello Drexel applicants!! I am just starting MS1 as we speak but I know how it feels to be in your position so I thought I would give you a little perspective. First off, Drexel is awesome!!! We have a really cool integrated curriculum where we learn different subjects in concert with body functions. So you wont be cramming in biochem, then moving on to genetics, then moving on to immunology and so on. Rather you learn each in an integrated way. (Keep in mind that I am just starting so I am still getting a hang of it but I have spoken to a lot of people about it so I'm very excited!!)

To give you an idea of time frame for the application process. I think I was one of the first to get accepted last year and my time frame was as follows:

submitted secondary mid august
received interview offer late august
interviewed mid september
accepted late october

On the other end of the spectrum there was one student that I heard was accepted half way through the first day of orientation. (hopefully you don't have to wait that long)

In any case, it is a very long process so take it easy and relax.

My best piece of advice is to get your secondaries in as fast as you can while still having quality responses.

Good luck!

Hello Drexel applicants!! I am just starting MS1 as we speak but I know how it feels to be in your position so I thought I would give you a little perspective. First off, Drexel is awesome!!! We have a really cool integrated curriculum where we learn different subjects in concert with body functions. So you wont be cramming in biochem, then moving on to genetics, then moving on to immunology and so on. Rather you learn each in an integrated way. (Keep in mind that I am just starting so I am still getting a hang of it but I have spoken to a lot of people about it so I'm very excited!!)

To give you an idea of time frame for the application process. I think I was one of the first to get accepted last year and my time frame was as follows:

submitted secondary mid august
received interview offer late august
interviewed mid september
accepted late october

On the other end of the spectrum there was one student that I heard was accepted half way through the first day of orientation. (hopefully you don't have to wait that long)

In any case, it is a very long process so take it easy and relax.

My best piece of advice is to get your secondaries in as fast as you can while still having quality responses.

Good luck!

Thanks for the insight! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hi all, I was verified on August 1st and still haven't heard anything from Drexel. Does it usually take this long to receive the seconday?

Hi all, I was verified on August 1st and still haven't heard anything from Drexel. Does it usually take this long to receive the seconday?

Probably at this point, yeah. They only started sending it out last week in batches. I was verified on 6/11, and I wasn't even in the first batch, so it might be a while if you were verified on 8/1. Just my two cents.

Complete today as well! I guess they really don't send emails. Submitted my secondary 4 days ago

just got the secondary today
verified 7/26

secondary received today
This school does not screen right?

Also, I noticed that we can only input info for 3 letter writers if we are not using a committee letter/packet. But do any of you know if we can send additional letters?

For the question that asks, "Has your education to date been continuous?" does this concern if you took a leave of absence from your undergraduate studies? or if you graduated and are currently not in school and applying? I'm assuming the former but I just wanted to check with others to make sure.

For the question that asks, "Has your education to date been continuous?" does this concern if you took a leave of absence from your undergraduate studies? or if you graduated and are currently not in school and applying? I'm assuming the former but I just wanted to check with others to make sure.

I'm on a gap year (graduated in June) but I took it as if you took a semester/quarter/year off

Can we list unpaid research in the EC/other volunteer section?

Got this secondary today! Submitted within 10 minutes...what an awesome secondary. Had to leave the entire medical volunteering section blank though. :-(

Finally got the secondary!!

Verified 7/22 however I do not think I added this school for a week or so.

verified 9/26 3.1/37 and still no secondary. Should I contact them?

Last edited:
On the secondary:

"Self Reported Cumulative GPA" .. as in the GPA our school claims instead of the GPA AMCAS claims?

Also if I took classes at a college during a summer in high school, should I list it here? "Colleges and graduate and professional schools attended in chronological order, starting with the most recent:"
(obviously I listed it on the primary)

On the secondary:

"Self Reported Cumulative GPA" .. as in the GPA our school claims instead of the GPA AMCAS claims?

Also if I took classes at a college during a summer in high school, should I list it here? "Colleges and graduate and professional schools attended in chronological order, starting with the most recent:"
(obviously I listed it on the primary)

Did you attend there or did you just take a few classes? I think if you weren't enrolled in a degree program, that's where you should draw the line

I've sent an email to Drexel 2 days ago to ask some questions but I've still not heard back.

Has anyone received an email response back from Drexel?

I sent an email out almost 2 weeks ago and still no reply :confused:

I think I'm just going to call to ask some questions I have also

Is anyone having problems getting to the secondary payment page? I keep getting an error... I tried switching browsers but the same issue arises.

I sent an email out almost 2 weeks ago and still no reply :confused:

I think I'm just going to call to ask some questions I have also

I left a voicemail and email and they never got back to me. So don't expect much correspondence. Good luck.

But my question pertained to whether my file was complete and they eventually updated my file online.

Does anyone have any experience with using a letter from a PI as a second science letter? The website says it doesn't count, but just wanted to see if anyone has been able to substitute it since I won't be able to get a second science letter

Still no secondary for me :(