2013-2014 Morehouse University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping for some love. So instead of checking my email constantly, I will start checking my mailbox, lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just received the Morehouse interview invitation letter which says to confirm the interview date by returning the enclosed confirmation post card...I didn't get a post card...just the letter. Anyone else? How did you all confirm the date?

Emailed Brandon Hunter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received the Morehouse interview invitation letter which says to confirm the interview date by returning the enclosed confirmation post card...I didn't get a post card...just the letter. Anyone else? How did you all confirm the date?
I called the telephone # on the bottom of the letter and confirmed that way.

Hoping for some love. So instead of checking my email constantly, I will start checking my mailbox, lol.
You'll get the e-mail II before you get the invite via mail :)

I (along with some others on here) got the e-mail invite in the late afternoon, around 5pm. GL!

Seifu where have YOU been?! And AdrianV he didn't respond. Guess I should call?

Seifu where have YOU been?! And AdrianV he didn't respond. Guess I should call?

I highly recommend for you to call just to make sure they got your confirmation. I suggest calling Mr. Hunter probably around 11am EST. Every time I call, that seems like the right time to catch him before he leaves his office. Hope that helps! :)

I highly recommend for you to call just to make sure they got your confirmation. I suggest calling Mr. Hunter probably around 11am EST. Every time I call, that seems like the right time to catch him before he leaves his office. Hope that helps! :)

Thanks bfarley! Always the helpful mate :)

Anyone know if all our LORs have to be in before we are considered for an interview? TIA and best of luck to all :)

So my interview is this Friday, and I'm trying to take this a day at a time, but I can't help but feel nervous haha. I've pretty much read all the tips I could find about MSIs (including the one posted on this thread), and I still feel unprepared. Any tips you guys would like to share? :)

Also, who else has an interview this Friday?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if all our LORs have to be in before we are considered for an interview? TIA and best of luck to all :)

Well from my experience I would say yes haha There was a problem with my LORs so I had to submit one more in order to be granted an interview. I suggest you get those LORs in as quick as you can. Good luck on the application process!

So my interview is this Friday, and I'm trying to take this a day at a time, but I can't help but feel nervous haha. I've pretty much read all the tips I could find about MMIs (including the one posted on this thread), and I still feel unprepared. Any tips you guys would like to share? :)

Also, who else has an interview this Friday?

They're doing MMIs this year?!

They're doing MMIs this year?!

Ohgosh what is wrong with me lol, i meant MSI because I was too lazy to write medical school interview :rolleyes: Just disregard it lol it's already been a long week for me! Sorry haha

Ohgosh what is wrong with me lol, i meant MSI because I was too lazy to write medical school interview :rolleyes: Just disregard it lol it's already been a long week for me! Sorry haha

I'm so glad that was a mistake. I got a little concerned lol. Have you gone to the interview feedback page? It's under Reference Materials and has questions that were asked in previous interviews and info on past experiences for each school.

Thank you baby Jesus.

So yesterday I had the opportunity to personally meet Mr. Hunter (He was doing a recruitment presentation for the pre-meds at my University), and he is a really down to earth guy! He is really easy to talk to, and according to him interview day is going to be quite fun and not as nerve racking as everyone may think. I wonder how much of that is true haha :hungover:

So yesterday I had the opportunity to personally meet Mr. Hunter (He was doing a recruitment presentation for the pre-meds at my University), and he is a really down to earth guy! He is really easy to talk to, and according to him interview day is going to be quite fun and not as nerve racking as everyone may think. I wonder how much of that is true haha :hungover:

Well it was nice of him to at least try to put your mind at ease...even if it didn't work. LOL.

first years don't have class tomorrow, but there might be some second years there and some first years that might be studying in the classroom. AND like I stated, DO NOT sweat the interview.... Just make sure that you know all the info you put on the AMCAS application, just to make sure you remember what you "did" or "didn't do". Main thing the interviewers care about is what you bring to the table, your personality and your ability to succeed. They dont really care for scores.

Any recent interviewee's care to shed some light on their day at Morehouse?

does anyone know if Morehouse prescreen's before sending out a secondary or if all applicants get a secondary?

Hey everyone!

To those who have an interview tomorrow: GOOD LUCK! :) My interview was just last week, and I had an AMAZING experience. Yes its a med school interview, but everyone is super nice, so just relax and have fun! Just be honest and direct with your answers and SMILE lol

does anyone know if Morehouse prescreen's before sending out a secondary or if all applicants get a secondary?

I'm pretty sure they screen, but I don't think the screening is as strict as other schools.

Anyone get a complete email even though their letters are not sent in yet?

I lost the website to the log in. Can someone share the link with me?

How are ii send out ?

Just got my II (through e-mail), so excited!!

Hey everyone! How is everyone doing?! School has been crazy for me, so just stopping by to check on how everyone is doing. How did interviews go on 10/4? And for those who received a secondary, have you received an interview invite? The waiting game has been killing me (3 more weeks left)! But as always I wish the best of luck to everyone applying :)

Hey everyone! How is everyone doing?! School has been crazy for me, so just stopping by to check on how everyone is doing. How did interviews go on 10/4? And for those who received a secondary, have you received an interview invite? The waiting game has been killing me (3 more weeks left)! But as always I wish the best of luck to everyone applying :)
I interviewed on 10/4 and I think it went well! This wait though...Lord...Patience. Is. A. VIRTUE.

well i live in GA and i went to GA state which is the city and i commuted from the suburbs to school everyday. it practically take 30 min to get anywhere in GA. but i think it depends on what you want. metro ATL ( the burbs) has cheaper housing and a very peaceful family oriented vibe and the city... is like any other city and 2 miles in any direction from where MSM is located is the HOOD. idk if this was helpful, if you plan to stay in dunwoody.. plan for traffic

Reactions: 1 user
will not having my RECs sent in affect whether i recieve a 2ndary or not ?

Omg @MDorDieTrying your story is so compelling! I hope u get/got in!

So yeah I finally decided to make an account.....but I received an interview from Morehouse and felt that my interview went really well my MCAT is not the strongest however my gpa and volunteer experience as well as shadowing is very strong.....does anyone know when I should hear something back from them? My interview was October the 11th so about 2 weeks ago.

So yeah I finally decided to make an account.....but I received an interview from Morehouse and felt that my interview went really well my MCAT is not the strongest however my gpa and volunteer experience as well as shadowing is very strong.....does anyone know when I should hear something back from them? My interview was October the 11th so about 2 weeks ago.
I interviewed a week before you; at that time, Brandon Hunter told us we should expect to hear back in about 6 weeks. GL!

I interviewed a week before you; at that time, Brandon Hunter told us we should expect to hear back in about 6 weeks. GL!
Thank you so much, I remember he said we should know something by Thanksgiving. I spoke to some of the current students and they stated it could be sooner than that so I was just wondering. GOODLUCK to you as well.

Do I have a shot here with a 3.73 cGPA, 3.66 sGPA, and 26 MCAT? OOS

Yep, but Morehouse sticks to their missions statement and really likes to make sure you fit it well. They stressed that while academic excellence is encouraged, its not necessarily the only thing or extreme priority as long as you're stats are high enough to show you can handle medschool (which definitely shows).

Good luck!

I believe you do, our sats are almost the same, but as darklabel says they are looking for people that fits there mission. During my interview, they were "preaching" their mission statement the whole time to make sure you understand this is what they are looking for as a student. So if you're like me and love what they stand for, go ahead and take your chances :)

GOODLUCK to everyone. I believe this month those of us who have already interviewed will find out or status. I'm praying for great news myself!!!!!!

GOODLUCK to everyone. I believe this month those of us who have already interviewed will find out or status. I'm praying for great news myself!!!!!!
Yep! When did you interview?

PS- Anybody know if we'll be finding out via e-mail or snail mail?

I believe it's through snail mail. I'm hoping we all here something this week :)

Prayers sent out to everyone, because I know this has been a crazy journey for all of us!
Yep! When did you interview?

PS- Anybody know if we'll be finding out via e-mail or snail mail?

I applied to this school because it was effortless. The class size is like 56 and they take 40 of those from Georgia. Total reach school for me being out of state with medicore stats 27 mcat 3.25 s &c gpa.

I applied to this school because it was effortless. The class size is like 56 and they take 40 of those from Georgia. Total reach school for me being out of state with medicore stats 27 mcat 3.25 s &c gpa.

IIRC, the class size last year was 65 and I think they're accepting around 70-75 this year. Also, 70% in state acceptances only? That seems questionable. Where did you find those numbers? When I was there, there were a lot of interviewees from FL and nearby states. Morehouse is not a numbers-based school, they are more about accepting applicants who meet their mission. GL!